Deathstroke runs the Gauntlet!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_red_viper  Moderator

An anonymous employer has contacted Deathstroke, and has offered him an extremely large sum of cha-chings, if he can complete a series of tasks for him. Deathstroke, of course, was eager to the challenge. Can he complete those challenging tasks, or will The Terminator be terminated?

No Caption Provided

This is both New 52 and Pre 52 Deathstroke.

He has, as default equipmrnt:

1. Steel armor (same as his Nth metal, but just regular steel).
  2. Prometheum sword.
  3. One 9mm handgun with 5 clips, each consisting of 10 rounds.

For any task, Deathstroke can choose up to two additional weapons/gear, out of the following list:

1. One assault rifle, and a supply of 10 clips, each consisting of 30 rounds.
  2. Three flashbangs.
  3. A Promehteum combat knife.
  4. One bolt-action sniper rifle, and a supply of 3 magazines, each consisting of 5 rounds.
  5. Silencers for his default handgun.
  6. Two smoke grenades.

Deathstroke gets fully healed after each task (no, he does not get his eye back).

Task #1: Steal a precious diamond, located in a bank's safe.

The safe is unbreachable to anything Slade has to offer. The access code is known to only one man-a fat stockbroker, who is hiding in his toom in the bank's second floor. This floor can be accessed only by one staircase. The door to the broker's room is located just in front of the edge of the staircase. Guarding the door, are Ezio Auditore, weilding a longsword and two regular hidden blades, and Connor Kenway, weilding a tomahawk and two hidden blades. Behind the door (easily breachable), the broker is guarded by two trained SWAT men, armed with sub machine guns and wearing bulletproof kevlar vests. After getting the access code, Slade has one Killer Croc armed with a huge steel mace and wearing steel chainmail waiting in the safe, guarding the diamond.

Task #2: Rescue the damsel in distress.

The damsel is Sansa Stark, and she is located, cuffed and gagged, behind the iron throne of Westeros. Deathstroke starts at the gates of the Red Keep. There are 15 guardsmen, armed with swords and wearing steel armor, patrolling the castle. Once Deathstroke gets to the throne room, he has to fight his way to Sansa. King Joffrey Bara... Joffrey is sitting on the iron throne, and he has his crossbow, one bolt, and a steel sword. But of course, Deathstroke also has to deal with the knights of the Kingsguard:

1. Ser Gregor Clegane, clad in heavy steel armor, carrying a Valyrian Steel gratsword.
  2. The Punisher, wearing a bulletproof kevlar vest, carrying a 9mm handgun and a Valyrin Steel combat knife.
  3. Galactus wearing a tutu skirt.
  4. Just kidding, the third one is Tim Drake in his Red Robin suit, carrying a fighting cane.

Task #3: Protect the damsel in distress.

Deathstroke is sent to Westeros once again. This time, it's a different castle, but the same damsel. Dethstroke's task this time is in Winterfell. The Lannisters (and ONLY the Lannisters) are furious with the death of their beloved king Joffrey, and believe it or not, they blame Sansa. The Lannisters have hired the Yakuza Gang called "The Crazy 88" to assault Winterfell and kill Sansa. Sansa is locked in her room at the top of the tower, and Deathstroke is sent to protect her. However, this time he's not alone: Deathstroke will be getting the help of:

1. Jon Snow, wearing hard leather armor and carrying Longclaw, and of course his direwolf Ghost.
  2. Jory Cassel, wearing steel chainmail and carrying a longsword.
  3. Beatrix Kiddo AKA The Bride AKA Black Mamba, wearing a yellow jumpsuit and carrying her Hattori Hanzo katana.
  4. The Court of Owls has decided he wants to keep Sansa alive, and has sent Talon William Cobb to defend her as well. Talon is wearing his owl-suit and carrying all his usual weapons (combat knives, throwing knives, claws, etc).

The Crazy 88 are lead by:

1. O-Ren Ishii, wearing a red jumpsuit and carrying her own katana (her's wasn't made by Hanzo).
  2. Gogo Yubari, wearing a schoolgirl uniform and weilding her meteor hammer.
  3. Johnny Mo, wearing a tux and carrying twin Japanease swords.
  4. Jaime Lannister-daddy's here to avenge his son. He's wearing steel armor and carrying a Valyrian Steel longsword.
  5. Ra's al-Ghul, just for fun. He's carrying a steel scimitar.

The Crazy 88 go by that name only because it sound cool. The fact is, they are 100 gang members (105 including the leaders)-not just 88.

The fight takes place in Winterfell's great hall.

Bonus prize for clearing this task: Claiming the maidenhead of the lovely damsel (NOT against her will. Dude just saved her ass twice).

Task #4, final task: The hunter is being hunted!

In this task, the anonymous employer has hired none other than Spiderman to see if our pal Deathstroke has what it takes to beat him. For this fight, and this fight alone-Deathstroke is wearing his sexy Nth metal armor. Spiderman is given zero prep time. Deathstroke starts this task at the top floor of the Wayne Tower in the center of Gotham, and Spidey starts at on end of the city. Slade also gets help from his old pal Joker, who is armed with a revolver and a crowbar.

So... Can Deathstroke do it? Can he complete his tasks and win the money (AND score a hot Northern chick)?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

I read it all lol. You won the internet with that Galactus joke man. Deathstroke clears this, but he will have big problem with Punisher and Ra's Al Ghul.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jashro44

From the characters I know I say it stops at 4. Joker is a non factor and I still don't see any reason slade would beat spiderman

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VeganDiet

Hmmm were it not for Galactus receiving that tutu skirt nerf in Task 2, I'd say he stops there.

But since that's not the case, I'd say he stops at 4.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is awesome. That said, slade cant beat a serious Peter imo

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juiceboks  Moderator

Love the layout of the rounds. Gotta say Peter takes him down.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_red_viper  Moderator

I read it all lol. You won the internet with that Galactus joke man. Deathstroke clears this, but he will have big problem with Punisher and Ra's Al Ghul.

Glag you liked it :) And yeah I was waiting for the right thread to crack this one, lol. How do you think he'd do it? What equipment would you take with you each round and how would you use it?

@jashro44 said:

From the characters I know I say it stops at 4. Joker is a non factor and I still don't see any reason slade would beat spiderman

He's not completely a non factor. Spidey's not fast enough to speed-blitz, and he definently can't one-shot Slade, so if he jumps at Slade, Joker can get a lucky shot with his revolver or someting (or vise versa). Who are the characters that you don't know? I can fill in the gap if you want.

Hmmm were it not for Galactus receiving that tutu skirt nerf in Task 2, I'd say he stops there.

But since that's not the case, I'd say he stops at 4.

Yeah it's amazing what one little skirt can do.

This thread is awesome. That said, slade cant beat a serious Peter imo

Nice to see you liked it :) And try to think of something man, Try using his equipment wisely and you know Joker is there for a reason! :)

Love the layout of the rounds. Gotta say Peter takes him down.

Glad you like it! :) But try using your imagination here, too man! :)

Everyone, I'm glad to see you liked it, but try giving more details as to how would you do it if you were Slade, that's 99% of the fun, after all :)

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OptimusPalm

The first two rounds i think he'd clear easily. Round 3 would give him his first problem, but he could leave most of the '88' to Kiddo.....as she's beaten them all before....no?

So onto round 4. This is where my knowledge of pre 52, new 52, Nth metal armor and Deathstroke in general comes a bit unstuck. Before this thread I wouldn't have thought he'd stand much of a chance against Spiderman.

So i say he clears it. He gets his hot northern chick....but 'she' turns out to be Galactus in his tutu.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator

The first two rounds i think he'd clear easily. Round 3 would give him his first problem, but he could leave most of the '88' to Kiddo.....as she's beaten them all before....no?

So onto round 4. This is where my knowledge of pre 52, new 52, Nth metal armor and Deathstroke in general comes a bit unstuck. Before this thread I wouldn't have thought he'd stand much of a chance against Spiderman.

So i say he clears it. He gets his hot northern chick....but 'she' turns out to be Galactus in his tutu.

I lol'd pretty hard on this one XD

Down to business... Yeah, Kiddo has beaten the 88. BUT she had trouble against Gogo alone, not to mention O-Ren (Johnny Mo wasn't much trouble though). This time, though, they also have Ra's who's a warrior to be reckoned with and Jaime, who isn't much of a factor, but he could kill Jory... again.

About Spidey, what changed your mind?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Spidey

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

@jashro44 said:

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OptimusPalm

@optimuspalm said:

I lol'd pretty hard on this one XD

Down to business... Yeah, Kiddo has beaten the 88. BUT she had trouble against Gogo alone, not to mention O-Ren (Johnny Mo wasn't much trouble though). This time, though, they also have Ra's who's a warrior to be reckoned with and Jaime, who isn't much of a factor, but he could kill Jory... again.

About Spidey, what changed your mind?

I didn't change my mind, really I think spidey still beats him. But I just wanted to jump on the 'galactus in a tutu' joke bandwagon :)

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great thread! Hmm. I say he clears. He gives Spidey a run for his money, especially with his New-52 feats. Surviving numerous blows from Lobo, and having a submarine dropped on him? That armor is packin some crazy stuff. Spidey cant take him down. Also DEATH TO JOFFREY! None of the Westeros characters can really do much to Deathstroke though.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_red_viper  Moderator

@optimuspalm: Lol, well you did a good job there

Great thread! Hmm. I say he clears. He gives Spidey a run for his money, especially with his New-52 feats. Surviving numerous blows from Lobo, and having a submarine dropped on him? That armor is packin some crazy stuff. Spidey cant take him down. Also DEATH TO JOFFREY! None of the Westeros characters can really do much to Deathstroke though.

Glad you liked it :) What gear would you choose for each task, though?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_red_viper  Moderator

bumpity bump bump

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: To be honest the only characters I really recognize would be punisher, ras, killer croc, spider-man, joker and deathstroke. Its a nice setup but unfortunately my knowledge on the characters in question isn't the best so the only round I can discuss is round 4 unfortunately.

Its still a cool set up though.

Spider-man doesn't really need to knock him out. He could incapacitate him with webbing.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper: To be honest the only characters I really recognize would be punisher, ras, killer croc, spider-man, joker and deathstroke. Its a nice setup but unfortunately my knowledge on the characters in question isn't the best so the only round I can discuss is round 4 unfortunately.

Its still a cool set up though.

@jediwaffles said:

Spider-man doesn't really need to knock him out. He could incapacitate him with webbing.

Glad you liked it :)

Here's everything you need to know about Kiddo (Uma Thurman), Gogo (the schoolgirl with the scary hammer) and Johnny Mo (the bald guy with the fighting cane that's actually two swords):

Loading Video...

And that's O-Ren Ishii (Lucy Liu obviously):

Loading Video...

Jaime Lannister (Blondie) and Jory Cassel (the guy who got stabbed in the eye):

Loading Video...

Jon Snow (the guy who didn't kill the prisoner) and Ghost (he isn't really here, but he's much like those two other big-ass wolves):

Loading Video...

Did I miss anyone?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper: No thats good. I think Slade can make it too four.

Ok, how would you do it if you were him? What equipment and what strategy would you use for each task?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper: No thats good. I think Slade can make it too four.

Ok, how would you do it if you were him? What equipment and what strategy would you use for each task?

Maybe the smoke grenades in round one if he needs them, flash bangs in round two to blind the knights he has to fight his way through, the assault rife in round three to kill the 100 guys, and the rifle in the final round would give him his best bet.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

he'll loose two Ra's

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

he'll loose two Ra's

I think he's much better than him when it comes to swordfighting (plus, he's got gunz)

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777 said:

he'll loose two Ra's

I think he's much better than him when it comes to swordfighting (plus, he's got gunz)

dude ras l ghul... is the damn demons head deathstroke couldnt beet him if he came right out of the lazarus pit

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@jackbensley777 said:

he'll loose two Ra's

dude ras l ghul... is the damn demons head deathstroke couldnt beet him if he came right out of the lazarus pit

Ra's is one hell of a fighter. But Deathstroke IMHO is much, much better. Batman has defeated Ra's in a swordfight at least once, and we all know Deathstroke is a lot better than Batman (I know this is somewhat ABC logic but I think it works well in this case). Neither of the two is alone in this fight, though.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@jackbensley777 said:

he'll loose two Ra's

Ra's is one hell of a fighter. But Deathstroke IMHO is much, much better. Batman has defeated Ra's in a swordfight at least once, and we all know Deathstroke is a lot better than Batman (I know this is somewhat ABC logic but I think it works well in this case). Neither of the two is alone in this fight, though.

not neccesarily is deathstroke better. deathstroke uses weapons and bats doesnt. if he did he would be better than deathstroke

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@jackbensley777 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@jackbensley777 said:

he'll loose two Ra's

not neccesarily is deathstroke better. deathstroke uses weapons and bats doesnt. if he did he would be better than deathstroke

Well Batman does use tons of gadgets and such, all the time (Batarangs, Batclaws, tazers, stun grenades, tons of other things).

And Deathstroke will be using his weapons in this fight too, don't forget.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@jackbensley777 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@jackbensley777 said:

he'll loose two Ra's

Well Batman does use tons of gadgets and such, all the time (Batarangs, Batclaws, tazers, stun grenades, tons of other things).

And Deathstroke will be using his weapons in this fight too, don't forget.

id rather have deathstrokes weapons in a fight than batmans

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jackbensley777: Either way, Deathstroke IS using those weapons in this fight. Some of them at least, which ones would you use?

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RenaissanceMan

Slade clears it cuz he's awesome

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: Either way, Deathstroke IS using those weapons in this fight. Some of them at least, which ones would you use?

sniper and smoke grenades

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

sniper and smoke grenades

Interesting choices, explain?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_red_viper  Moderator

bump

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: well he wouldnt need to get in close, so no silencers needed. If he did get in close he could use his sword, and smoke grenades.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: well he wouldnt need to get in close, so no silencers needed. If he did get in close he could use his sword, and smoke grenades.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_red_viper  Moderator
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dratini1331

I'm tempted to say he clears all, except maybe the last one. I feel like with a few minutes prep, the Joker's help, and some luck, he could plausibly take down spiderman. Clears all, and I'll say takes the 4th round 4-5/10 (Maybe 3-4/10).

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Slade clears every round with ease ezcept for the Spidey dual, whixh he takes in a long and difficult battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba89dccd4593
deactivated-5ba89dccd4593

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't see Slade taking on Spidey

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chuckwolf

Slade gets his butt handed to him in the finale. Peter is just way too physically (and mentally) superior and this battle has been done over and over Slade is WAY outclassed.

As for those thinking that with prep Slade may beat Peter... I always say: Spider-sense negates prep. "oh I'm about to walk into a trap"

GCPD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade clears mid difficulty