Deathstroke runs the DC & Marvel Gauntlet!

• 68 results
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Strider1992

@god_spawn: Fair enough but you still haven't addressed how Slade is going to make it to round 12 under these conditions. How can he hope to fight a fully rested BP, Cap and Deadpool after all the others he's had to take down. I don't think Spider-man could take this gauntlet even though he has enhanced abilities he would tire and eventually get beaten same will happen to Slade.

@god_spawn said:

@laflux: Wolverine can handle Peter just fine

Wolverine hasn't been in a fight with Spider-man that he's taken right to the end and won. There was the time in the graveyard where they fought and Wolverine left then there was the sparring session when Logan stabbed Peter and for some reason everyone thought this was a win even though:

1. Spider-man was angry and not thinking straight because he saw Logan hitting on his wife

2. He was egged on by Cage and Drew

3. It was meant to be a training session I doubt he was expecting Logan to stab him.

4. The most important point of all he was dying in that issue (due to "the Other") in the issue just before it he was following a HYDRA agent and almost passed out and got killed by him. I doubt Wolverine stabbing a Spider-man who could have been killed by a random nameless HYDRA agent is a particularly good feat.

Then the last time they faced each other and actually finished a fight without one of them walking away or settling their differences saw Wolverine webbed to a building. This doesn't fall into my definition of "Handling him just fine" this is more a "equally matched" or "a tough fight".

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Strider92: Cause he has a healing factor that restores him. It won't be easy but Slade can manage.

Yes Wolverine can handle him fine. I didn't say he stomps him, or beats him easily and no I was not "insinuating" I was. You are reading way too deep into posts and taking them too literally.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By laflux

@god_spawn: Most of the vine agree spider-man would beat wolverine. If you want to be the exception, that fine by you. Wolverine is as skilled as death stroke, the only reason why he keeps up with him is due to his healing factor, with death-stroke doesn't have

Let me tell what's more PIS,

The guy is a walking cesspool of ridiculous feats that he should not even hope to achieve. Tripping flash. dodging superman. Beating the teen titans. Need I say more?

Spider-man doesn't even have to fight him hand-to-hand.

Good luck getting through all that webbing. Honestly.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Strider1992

For the sake of my sanity i'll drop the whole Wolverine Spidey thing and focus on the post lol.

@god_spawn said:

@Strider92: Cause he has a healing factor that restores him. It won't be easy but Slade can manage.

So Slade could beat a fully rested Cap, BP and Deadpool all in space of one days rest? Not to mention then having to fight a fully rested Bruce the next day? I don't see that happening

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By laflux

@Strider92: irritating isn't it

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#56  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Strider92: Then agree to disagree.

@laflux: Idk but I can tell you beating Firelord was PIS. Slade's feats are consistent when it comes to fighting teams and dealing with superhumans more powerful and more skilled than Spider-man.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By laflux

@god_spawn: whether it was pis means nothing. For me it was more cis on fire-lord's part. He's class 50 at base level and could have used the PC to augment his strength and durability to at least class 100. He could have just vaporized the planet and killed Spidey and the rest of the avengers . But spider-man being physically being able to knock out fire-lord isn't PIS, especially when he's just standing there like a mug. Spider-man has KO'ed rhino plenty of times and he's class 80.

Anyway that's not the point. The Spidey PIS thing was a low blow that i'm willing to rise above. The fact is that Wolverine and death-stroke are quite similar in skills and physical attributes, with wolverine trumping him in healing ability. And yet for all those skills, he only keeps up with spider-man because of his healing. Skill only gets you so far. DC has been so busy making god-like meta humans, that they have to use PIS disguised by the "martial arts" excuse to allow characters like batman and death-stroke to stand out among character's like superman, cap marvel, wonder-woman and martian man-hunter. I don't whether a death-stroke/spider-man battle has been done before- it would be interesting to see what other people would think.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Strider1992

@god_spawn said:

@Strider92: Then agree to disagree.

Agreed

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By ReVamp

Weird order. I'm not sure he makes it, may depend on how well he heals.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
 @laflux said:

@god_spawn: whether it was pis means nothing. For me it was more cis on fire-lord's part. He's class 50 at base level and could have used the PC to augment his strength and durability to at least class 100. He could have just vaporized the planet and killed Spidey and the rest of the avengers . But spider-man being physically being able to knock out fire-lord isn't PIS, especially when he's just standing there like a mug. Spider-man has KO'ed rhino plenty of times and he's class 80.

LOL.
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By laflux

@Morpheus_: lol as in the CIS thing, or lol as in what im saying is rubbish?@ReVamp: He isn't going to beat a rested spider-man after doing 11 rounds of that gauntlet.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@laflux said:

@Morpheus_: lol as in the CIS thing, or lol as in what im saying is rubbish? 

Neither. I simply found it genuinely funny.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ReVamp

@laflux: Well, taking into account that this is Morals On Spidey, its possible, taking into account he fought Toe-To-Toe with Captain America.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@laflux said:

Firelord is alot stronger than Rhino. Thor had trouble KOing Firelord.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By laflux

@ReVamp: I really don't want to sound like a broken record here, but that was iron spider-man who was class 25-30 at the time with a bullet proof suit, and had the other power's. It sounds just a bit PIS to me. Captain America suffers from the same problems i was talking about with batman and death-stroke. Because he is a flagship character, he has to be shown to be beating characters who he should not beating and skill is usually given as a reason for this. Skill and martial arts only gets you so far. As Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan- until they are punched in the mouth. Only in this case the punch comes from a class 10 superhero and not a deranged lunatic.

@Morpheus_: good ; )

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ReVamp

@laflux: But Spider-Man beating a 100-Tonner doesn't sound like PIS?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By laflux

@Death Certificate: @Death Certificate:

Class 50

Able to routinely lift or imbue themselves with the ability to lift at least 50 tons but less than 60 tons

Firelord (normal), Mister Hyde, Makkari, Annihilus, Vision, Sabra, Vidar, Possessor (normal), Rogue, Controller, Blastaar, Iron Man (MK 1 armor) Mettle.

Class 125

Able to routinely lift or imbue themselves with the ability to lift at least 125 tons but less than 250 tons

Thor (normal), Hyperion, Gilgamesh the Forgotten One, Leir, Orka (in water), Terrax (enhanced), Silver Surfer (enhanced), She-Hulk (after training as a human), Runner (normal), Firelord (enhanced), Loki (enhanced), Tyrak (maximum height).

This is taken from comic vine's own site http://www.comicvine.com/strength-level/12-47520/.

Against Thor, fire-lord fought like a boss and used his power's properly. Against spider-man fire-lord chased him, threatened to kill him and then stood there while spider-man unloaded on him (And no, not in that way. That would be wrong). Whether that's CIS or PIS depends on your opinion.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By laflux

@ReVamp: I see you didn't understand what i said. Yes it was either CIS or PIS depending on how you see it. Spider-man should have not won that fight. Anyway spider-man vs fire-lord is a moot point. The whole debate with god spawn was about death-stroke and spider-man, and the whole fire-lord thing was uncalled for and probably an insinuation that i'm a spider fan-boy (which i am a bit) and that spider-man is overrated. And to reiterate Fire-lords base strength level is class 50. His fight with spider-man gave no indication of remotely using the power cosmic to augment his powers. All in all he fought like a complete mug in that fight, and considering how he had fought Thor before hand, this is either extreme stupidity on fire lord's part or yes, PIS.