Deathstroke in Nth metal vs. Lizard (Spiderman villain)

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RenaissanceMan

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
RetardRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke
Promethium metal goes through flesh quite nicely.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

If its current Lizard then I don't see DS putting him down due to his insane healing factor throw in the fact he outclassed Spider-man in strength and speed quite convincingly Lizard should win if you're using the current version.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If its current Lizard then I don't see DS putting him down due to his insane healing factor throw in the fact he outclassed Spider-man in strength and speed quite convincingly Lizard should win if you're using the current version.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember slade already has a healing factor, and his armor makes that healing factor even better. Not to mention it makes him stronger. Plus im giving him all his equipment here. Guns, swords, powerstaff....etc.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strider1992

Remember slade already has a healing factor, and his armor makes that healing factor even better. Not to mention it makes him stronger. Plus im giving him all his equipment here. Guns, swords, powerstaff....etc.

Slade's healing factor is a farcry from Lizard's. The Lizard recently took a foot long blade through his head and remained conscious and was even talking while his brain was skewered. He then proceeded to dominate a Morals Off Spider-man who is far stronger and faster than Slade with his Morals On let alone off.

If you use Classic Lizard this would be a good fight but current Lizard is too much.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RenaissanceMan

You could be right. I just never have a problem putting Slade up against people that may be a tier above him because he has the whole turning peoples advantages against them m.o.

Then he has the high tactical intelligence and is a team buster too.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@renaissanceman: Slade Healing Factor isn't ain't better than Spider-Man Healing Factor.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, Lizard punks Spider-Man on a daily basis.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman: Under normal circumstances you would be right but this new Lizard is a whole other ball game. He's not feral and has Doc Connors intelligence he's not a mindless beast. He's cold calculating with genius level intellect and has the stats to physically dominate a Morals Off Spider-man. Pre-Shed Lizard or Classic Lizard would be a good match. One which Slade would most likely win.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman: Under normal circumstances you would be right but this new Lizard is a whole other ball game. He's not feral and has Doc Connors intelligence he's not a mindless beast. He's cold calculating with genius level intellect and has the stats to physically dominate a Morals Off Spider-man. Pre-Shed Lizard or Classic Lizard would be a good match. One which Slade would most likely win.

Good post. I get it now. Those other clowns above you make it seem like there's no scenario where Slade could win. When we all know with prep Slade is in that hierarchy with some of the best. But I see where you're coming from. Lizard is quite a beast.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What stops Slade from decapitating him?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dane
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By dane

I have a number of problems with the idea that Lizard can beat Deathstroke, here they are in no specific order:

Lizard can overpower Slade with brute force.

How and why is that a line of reasoning? How many times have people faster and/or stronger than Slade lost to him? We're talking about a few tons difference in strength and I've never seen anything from Slade that would put his speed and reflexes below Spider-Man. People always talk up Spider-Man, he's always used as a measuring stick for street-levelers. But he's as inconsistent as any other character and so is Lizard. Slade has high and low-end feats too. But consider the Nth-Metal enhances his physicals even further and his reflexes/dodge feats were easily as good as Peter's before that upgrade.

I've seen a lot of scans of Peter's agility, reflexes, etc. Bring them out if you want but I haven't seen any proof that puts him above Slade outside of the handbook/on paper physicals. In terms what they actually do in comics, they're at least even to me.

Lizard's intelligence will allow him to outwit or outthink Slade.

A lot of intelligent, cunning, and tactical opponents have gone up against Slade. Batman, an entire Outsiders line-up, numerous iterations of the Teen Titans, etc. None of them have out-maneuvered Slade. I remember Dick Grayson surprising him once, but Slade calculated a counter strategy in the same panel. I don't really care how smart Connors is. He's a scientist, not a tactician and he has had no formal combat training of any kind. Don't compare him to what is probably the greatest tactician in comic books. Deathstroke's fighting skills are really high and combined with his enhanced intelligence and physical stats he does not deserve a lowball. People always talk about 'Deathstroke with prep'. That's nice but it involves outside factors that never come into a battle forum situation like that. Deathstroke is so good in these battles because his mind works superhumanly fast. It means he doesn't need prep to come up with incredibly good solutions to problems. He can come up with something on-the-fly better than most people could with prep time.

Lizard can even penetrate Slade's armor.

No one brought this up specifically but I'd like some evidence to suggest he can. Nth Metal isn't just a hard metal like titanium. It's from another planet and it's magical. It's the same stuff Hawkman's weapons are made out of and he beats up remarkably superhuman foes without damaging those weapons. That at least implies an extremely high level of durability. What does Connors have that can cut through that? Are his natural reptilian claws able to cut through similarly durable substances? Adamantium? Vibranium? Where is the proof he even has a shot at hurting Slade?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Slade has taken out far worse.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Slade can take the win here. His armor is very durable and I'm not sure Lizard could pierce it. But then again Lizard has the physical advantage by a bit.

But with his weapons, skill, and experience i think Slade may take it 6-7/10

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RenaissanceMan

Changing my vote back to Slade

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see lizard piercing nth metal and his healing factor is boss but slade has one too. If this goes to the first kill then I say slade due to versatility in weapons and his armor and tactical mind

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lizard

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Slade until someone posts how Lizard is actually going to pierce Slade's armor. This is the same Slade that had a submarine dropped on him and was OK.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade's armor has been pierced but from Slade's words is that it requires a high amount of skill to do seeing how high caliber bullets bounced off him.But if it's true which is most likely,I'll go lizard due to being too much for even a morals off Spider-Man