VS

#2 Posted by HigorM (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just unfair because Wolverine is indestructible

#4 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit an Wolvie take this

#5 Posted by nickzambuto (12830 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow will have trouble tagging Gambit, whereas Renny can dispatch Olly pretty quickly. DS vs Logan is an arguable fight in which IMO Wolverine wins. With Gambit's help, he definitely takes it. Team 2 ftw.

#6 Posted by Sherlock (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite popular opinion I'd give this team DC.Gambit won't win in a range contest against Ollie and Logan loses to Slade every time

#7 Posted by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Either team could win this, I give the majority to Gambit and Wolvie though. I think Ollie would have a hard time hitting Gambit whereas Gambit could close the distance and destroy Ollie close up.

DS vs Wolverine is a toss up, I give the majority to DS but it'll end up being a 2 on 1 with Gambit more times than not and that could be his downfall. I could still see Slade pulling out a few victories though.

#8 Posted by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyghtMare said:

Either team could win this, I give the majority to Gambit and Wolvie though. I think Ollie would have a hard time hitting Gambit whereas Gambit could close the distance and destroy Ollie close up.

DS vs Wolverine is a toss up, I give the majority to DS but it'll end up being a 2 on 1 with Gambit more times than not and that could be his downfall. I could still see Slade pulling out a few victories though.

This

#9 Posted by HigorM (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to know what has to say about this match..

#10 Edited by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

Since no distance is given, it is close in distance. I would go with team 2. Slade isn't taking Wolverine for majority and at a close distance, I think Remy is agile and fast enough to close the gap and take out Ollie relatively quickly. He only needs one hit to do it. And if it is the inverse, it comes down to Logan and Slade again. Wolverine should be fast enough to close a short gap on Ollie and one shot him, while Slade is more than skilled and fast enough to gut Remy relatively quickly. Logan's healing and damage soak is better than Slade's, Wolverine's adamantium is better than promethium, and Logan is fast and skilled enough to take match Slade give or take with his other advantages giving him the win.

#11 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 easy

#12 Posted by HigorM (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: how about 100 ft apart?

@Bo88gdan said:

Team 2 easy

really?

#13 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 can take this, Green arrow is a better shot and a superior fighter to Gambit and is nearly identical in acrobatic skill. He has been trained by Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva and is considered a very proficient hand to hand combatant in the DC universe and he is highly skilled with a sword. People are underplaying him in this battle which leads me to believe some of you don't know much about him.

Deathstroke is better skilled than wolverine and I'm not so sure if adamantium is that much stronger than promethium and even if it was, why are people acting like wolverine hasn't been beaten up by someone who wasn't wearing or using adamantium against him even though wolverine himself was? I can name a few people who have bested him even with his so called indestructibility and his impossible healing factor in heads up encounters. Can wolverine take on the Justice league or teen titans and actually hold is own? doubtful...

#14 Edited by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat:

Team 1 can take this, Green arrow is a better shot and a superior fighter to Gambit and is nearly identical in acrobatic skill. He has been trained by Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva and is considered a very proficient hand to hand combatant in the DC universe and he is highly skilled with a sword. People are underplaying him in this battle which leads me to believe some of you don't know much about him.

I don't know much about green arrow but what accuracy feats does he have to tag someone of gambits reflexes? Gambit is pretty accurate and his explosives also have a pretty big radius. His speed and agility makes him a tough target to hit. If it comes down to melee I would think Gambits reflexes put him ahead and then there is also the staff which gives him better reach.

Deathstroke is better skilled than wolverine and I'm not so sure if adamantium is that much stronger than promethium and even if it was, why are people acting like wolverine hasn't been beaten up by someone who wasn't wearing or using adamantium against him even though wolverine himself was? I can name a few people who have bested him even with his so called indestructibility and his impossible healing factor in heads up encounters. Can wolverine take on the Justice league or teen titans and actually hold is own? doubtful...

I am not so sure about Slade being more skilled then wolverine (its possible by I don't know). Wolverine has been able to do well against other enhanced humans who are really skilled like deadpool, captain amaerica, Daken, etc. As for adamantium being more durable then promethium it is. Promethium was snapped in half by Lex Luthor in his battle suit where as hulk has failed to rip wolverine apart. And all though it doesn't take adamantium to put Logan down it is going to be rather difficult with both wolverines adamantium and his healing factor. Wolverine can't beat the teen titans but the problem is Slade has prepped for the titans by studying there moves and playing with there emotions. He can't do that stuff to wolverine in this setup. As for the justice league if you are talking about identity crisis then I would say its pis.

And something else worth pointing out is the X-men also have better team work. Where as Slade and green arrow have a bit of a bad history....

#15 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Team two hardstyle.

#16 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2, Olly is the weak link.

#17 Edited by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Postacrat:

I don't know much about green arrow but what accuracy feats does he have to tag someone of gambits reflexes? Gambit is pretty accurate and his explosives also have a pretty big radius. His speed and agility makes him a tough target to hit. If it comes down to melee I would think Gambits reflexes put him ahead and then there is also the staff which gives him better reach.

Fair analysis however I myself don't want to think that just because Gambit may have superhuman agility that counts as a neutralization for Green Arrows well documented skills. He is considered the best Archer in the DC Universe and he never misses, that may not mean much in the Marvel Universe but I think it's safe to assume he wouldn't be part of the justice league if his Archery skills were limited to stationary or ordinary targets. If that was the case anybody with mediocre aim with a Bow and Arrow could be Green Arrow, that's all I'm saying. Also Green Arrow has been trained by Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon, I know Gambit is an adequate fighter but he's not that known for his hand to hand skills in fact they are rarely mentioned compared to Green Arrows who's skills without his bow are just a little bit more notable. However I do agree Gambit's reflexes and staff do make this a tougher fight for me to be sure about though.

I am not so sure about Slade being more skilled then wolverine (its possible by I don't know). Wolverine has been able to do well against other enhanced humans who are really skilled like deadpool, captain amaerica, Daken, etc. As for adamantium being more durable then promethium it is. Promethium was snapped in half by Lex Luthor in his battle suit where as hulk has failed to rip wolverine apart. And all though it doesn't take adamantium to put Logan down it is going to be rather difficult with both wolverines adamantium and his healing factor. Wolverine can't beat the teen titans but the problem is Slade has prepped for the titans by studying there moves and playing with there emotions. He can't do that stuff to wolverine in this setup. As for the justice league if you are talking about identity crisis then I would say its pis.

And something else worth pointing out is the X-men also have better team work. Where as Slade and green arrow have a bit of a bad history....

Excellent points I must say, especially about the Prometheum. It's more of a liquid metal kind of a thing, I did some research it's probably tough but nothing to Adamantium. In my personal opinion I don't think Cap, Pool, or Daken are as strong, fast, and as skilled as Slade. He's good with prep but his ability to think nine times faster gives him the ability to be very cunning even in unprepared encounters. Slade is excellent with Prep but he is not limited to it. Also the same guys you have mentioned have mostly stalemated or sometimes even bested wolverine a lot more than he has out right beaten them. If Frank Castle can deal with wolverine in on the spot encounters without prep but by just using his surrounding environment I don't see why Slade couldn't except way better with Superhuman Strength, Speed, Reflexes, Agility, Prometheum armor, a brain that uses 90% of it's capabilities, and thinks 9 times faster than even the greatest tactician. Now as far as what happened in the Justice league you can call it pis and I understand that, doesn't change the fact that it's happened on at least 2 occasions and is a definitive feat!

#18 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to work so I won't be able to debate today but I have to say in X-men, Avengers, X-force, or his own books you have seen wolverine get put down if only for just a minute he's been put down you've seen it and I've seen it. I just think it's kind of silly how in the battle forums people act as if wolverine can't even be knocked out. People do the same thing with Deadpool. I understand there are some instances where they with stood things they probably should not have but I think that should be chalked up to inconsistent writing because they're are plenty of instance where they are knocked out by things they have no business being put down by. One issue these guys walk through grenades and appear unfazed still fighting with burned up flesh, the next issue they can be knocked out by a point blank range shot to the head with a 45 caliber which is it?

#19 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat:

Fair analysis however I myself don't want to think that just because Gambit may have superhuman agility that counts as a neutralization for Green Arrows well documented skills. He is considered the best Archer in the DC Universe and he never misses, that may not mean much in the Marvel Universe but I think it's safe to assume he wouldn't be part of the justice league if his Archery skills were limited to stationary or ordinary targets. If that was the case anybody with mediocre aim with a Bow and Arrow could be Green Arrow, that's all I'm saying. Also Green Arrow has been trained by Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon, I know Gambit is an adequate fighter but he's not that known for his hand to hand skills in fact they are rarely mentioned compared to Green Arrows who's skills without his bow are just a little bit more notable. However I do agree Gambit's reflexes and staff do make this a tougher fight for me to be sure about though.

I agree quality of marksmenship matters but what has green arrow done in terms of accuracy to tag a target like Gambit? Has he ever hit someone like Gambit before? And he would also have to tag Gambit before Gambit tags him as well which wont be easy with Gambits own impressive marksmenship and area of effect. Being trained by richard dragon and lady shiva is very impressive however Gambit has been trained in stick fighting Salivate, so he does have training (admittedly I am not 100% sure who trained him). He doesn't have a lot of hand to hand feats but he has been able to match daredevil briefly before.

Excellent points I must say, especially about the Prometheum. It's more of a liquid metal kind of a thing, I did some research it's probably tough but nothing to Adamantium. In my personal opinion I don't think Cap, Pool, or Daken are as strong, fast, and as skilled as Slade. He's good with prep but his ability to think nine times faster gives him the ability to be very cunning even in unprepared encounters. Slade is excellent with Prep but he is not limited to it. Also the same guys you have mentioned have mostly stalemated or sometimes even bested wolverine a lot more than he has out right beaten them. If Frank Castle can deal with wolverine in on the spot encounters without prep but by just using his surrounding environment I don't see why Slade couldn't except way better with Superhuman Strength, Speed, Reflexes, Agility, Prometheum armor, a brain that uses 90% of it's capabilities, and thinks 9 times faster than even the greatest tactician could not.

Thank you. I don't think slade has done a lot to say he is much faster, stronger, or more skilled then cap. Daken I will admit doesn't have a lot of feats however his bio does confirm he has super human stats and we do know he is incredibility skilled. Deadpool is definitely not as skilled as slade however the main point was wolverine doesn't just do better against skilled fighters due to better physicals. Wolverine has faced people around or equal to his physical level and I don't think Slade is physically superior if at all. The problem with Slade is he fights people he outclasses physically when he faces skilled fighters, he doesn't face a opponent with both sets of stats unlike wolverine. I don't know when cap or deadpool have bested wolverine however daken has only bested wolverine once. And more recent fights put wolverine ahead of daken by a bit.

Here are two out of three of there other battles after origins. There is another one wolverine wins as well. All though Slade is really skilled he mainly fights skilled fighters who he outclasses physically whereas wolverine fights fighters who are equal to himself.

As for punisher a majority of those fights were written by Garth Ennis. He has admitted to hating wolverine so he is biased. And all though wolverine does have some low showings, deathstroke has a few of his own.