Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

Deathstroke (Pre-New 52): Standard gear + 1 clip of Carbonadium bullets & Bronze Tiger (Pre-New 52): Nth Metal chain mail under his costume + retractable Promethium claws

VS

X-23 & Sabertooth (Adamanium skeleton/claws)

Win conditions: KO, Incapacitation, or Death (everyone going all out, JUST short of bloodlust)

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Team DC ftw.

Bronze Tiger finishes X-23 quickly and then helps Slade take down Victor.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze Tiger goes down first. He is only human. Now, it is two against one. Slade might lose.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: Bronze Tiger goes down first. He is only human. Now, it is two against one. Slade might lose.

Don't forget mon ami, in this match-up Bronze Tiger has Nth Metal chainmail beneath his costume (similar to how Captain America has chainmail beneath his costume), and retractable Promethium claws. With this gear, he'd be every bit Sabertooth's equal if not superior, in terms of brute strength, have a healing factor, and (if he wants to) fly/move at super-speed. On top of his skill level. This could be closer than you realize......

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Team 2 stomps this. Bronze Tiger may have Nth Metal chainmail, but that just means Team 1 needs a solid swipe or stab to the face, and its all over for Ben.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch: Don't forget Bronze Tiger has survived many different incarnations of the very appropriately named Suicide Squad (sometimes being the only non Meta on those teams) while his superpowered teammates were dropping to the left and the right of him. He's easily one of the top 5 h2h combatants in the DCU. The guy knows how to duck, dodge, and has beaten Metas before. I gave him the Nth Metal to equalize the brute strength and potential speed difference between him and Sabretooth, as well as providing him with the one thing everyone else here has: A healing factor. The Promethium Claws equalizes the fact that now everybody has indestructable razor sharp weapons. This should be very interesting....

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Was leaning towards team Marvel until I saw Tiger's gear. With that stuff he is much more of a contender here and is no longer a "weak link", making this a solid win for Team DC.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#12 god_spawn  Moderator

Carbonadium clips are overkill.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

Okay. Since it's you god_spawn, i'm changing the 30 round magazine to 6 Carbonadium bullets in a .357 Magnum and 6 more in a lead-lined pouch on Deathstroke's hip. More fair?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 god_spawn  Moderator

@heraldofganthet: I still think carbonadium bullets are too much, but that is much more and I'd actually eliminate the extra bullets. I'd say at least give the 2nd team a heads up that Slade is packing carbonadium bullet as well so they know to at least attempt to dodge. Those bullets are toxic and pretty much kill healing factors until they are removed.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

Okay. Deathstroke only gets 6 Carbonadium bullets, and Team 2 gets intel from Roulette before the match that one or perhaps both of their opponents mighthave Carbonadium weapons. That way they (Team 2) can at least be on their guard and be vigilant during the fight against such an attack. Hell, they might even watch each others backs a little closer with that info. What do you think?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 god_spawn  Moderator

@heraldofganthet: Better. I know Slade usually carries more than 1 gun on him so he might not even directly use it to begin with as well, but even the slight hint will enough to at least put them on guard.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kratesis

Deathstroke is the deciding factor here, team one wins.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@god_spawn: Better. I know Slade usually carries more than 1 gun on him so he might not even directly use it to begin with as well, but even the slight hint will enough to at least put them on guard.

Excellent. Your approval is a very good thing around here. So with the adjusted parameters, who do you think wins this match up?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel team wins handily, sabertooth is just a monster and x-23 will be to hard to hit

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 18hunt

Team dc

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 god_spawn  Moderator

marvel team wins handily, sabertooth is just a monster and x-23 will be to hard to hit

They barely win a slim majority if that. Neither are anything Slade can't tag or deal with.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathsamurai: x-23 will be to hard to hit

Deathstroke and/or Bronze Tiger are'nt exactly known for slothfulness in a combat situation...

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of healing factor does Promethium armor give you? Unless it is really good, either of the Marvel team drops him by attrition of broken bones. Also the Marvel guys won't get tired while the DC guys will.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@robertloucksjr: What kind of healing factor does Promethium armor give you? Unless it is really good, either of the Marvel team drops him by attrition of broken bones. Also the Marvel guys won't get tired while the DC guys will.

Nth Metal Armor would give its wearer supreme durability to blunt force trauma (Hawkman has survived repeated blows from Black Adam and remained concious) and temperature extremes, super senses, superhuman speed, it neutralizes fatique toxins in the body, and greatly accelerates tissue regeneration (not to mention the optional ability to fly). Hawkman has an Nth Metal mace, Wing Harness, belt buckle, and other weapons. Without the overt armor Bronze Tiger will be wearing in this fight, Hawkman has laughed off machine gun fire, been stabbed repeatedly, and barely noticed that he had third degree burns over 60% of his body until his friend Ray Palmer (the Atom) brought it to his attention. And if the conditions are right (read: once every 10,000 generations) you'll get what he and his Queen got: a blood connection to Nth Metal that gives them the ability to actually resurrect from the dead if something ACTUALLY did manage to kill him. Here, all of Bronze Tiger's stats would be roughly identical to Sabretooth's paired with his baseline skill level. Promethium is'nt as exotic, but it is nigh-indestructable. He'll have that as his claws in this fight.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'd put Slade and Ben above Laura with the gear they have but still below Victor who has them in brute strength and possibly durability. Slade is arguably the fastest and most agile while Ben is definitely more skilled than everyone, whereas Laura is slightly below Slade in speed and agility while Vic is MVP .... that's just stats...

Those Carbonadium bullets counteracting team two's healing factors will be a much needed advantage but I don't know if it will be enough to kill or incapacitate them....well, maybe it will.....I'll continue after I look up a respect thread or two....

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Much appreciated, mon ami. That's an objective assessment I can live with. Question: Just how much Carbonadium is needed to actually cut off someone's healing factor altogether? I've always wondered that.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke should take this fairly easily.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Much appreciated, mon ami. That's an objective assessment I can live with. Question: Just how much Carbonadium is needed to actually cut off someone's healing factor altogether? I've always wondered that.

idk, Omega Red has used it on wolverine and it only slowed his HF down ... I'm not sure if it being inside the body slows it down more than two giant coils around the body

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RenaissanceMan

Personally, I'd put Slade and Ben above Laura with the gear they have but still below Victor who has them in brute strength and possibly durability. Slade is arguably the fastest and most agile while Ben is definitely more skilled than everyone, whereas Laura is slightly below Slade in speed and agility while Vic is MVP .... that's just stats...

Those Carbonadium bullets counteracting team two's healing factors will be a much needed advantage but I don't know if it will be enough to kill or incapacitate them....well, maybe it will.....I'll continue after I look up a respect thread or two....

I'd argue class 9 for Deathstroke with Nth metal armor. How strong is Creed?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: I'm not sure if it being inside the body slows it down more than two giant coils around the body

Gotcha. I'd imagine that close proximity to it is bad, but imbeded under the skin would have to be even worse IMO. Does anyone in Marvel use Carbonadium bullets or knives/swords? That might be a good barometer on how effective it is (for this purpose, anyway).

@renaissanceman: I'd argue class 9 for Deathstroke with Nth metal armor. How strong is Creed?

He's at least a 2-5 tonner due to the fact that Creed has picked up and thrown cars with moderate difficulty.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: I'm not sure if it being inside the body slows it down more than two giant coils around the body

Gotcha. I'd imagine that close proximity to it is bad, but imbeded under the skin would have to be even worse IMO. Does anyone in Marvel use Carbonadium bullets or knives/swords? That might be a good barometer on how effective it is (for this purpose, anyway).

@renaissanceman: I'd argue class 9 for Deathstroke with Nth metal armor. How strong is Creed?

He's at least a 2-5 tonner due to the fact that Creed has picked up and thrown cars with moderate difficulty.

ok. thanks. I'd say they are about even strength wise then. New 52 Slade breaks chains with little effort

No Caption Provided

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@renaissanceman: Breaking chains is a batman level feat, he's only around a ton a the most.....

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman: Breaking chains is a batman level feat, he's only around a ton a the most.....

He was above a ton before the nth metal. You're way off.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman:

@ancient_0f_days said:

He was above a ton before the nth metal. You're way off.

Just a friendly reminder mon ami, that the Deathstroke in this particular battle is his Pre-Flashpoint incarnation. He won't have his Nth Metal alloy armor for this one, just his standard Volatile Promethium body armor.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Hmmm. Slade's going to have his hands full with Creed. Ben's gear gives him a leg up on 23 I'd think but is it enough to knock her out. Even though she'll wake right up it still counts.

Vic is the one to beat here. I'm leaning towards DC. I think Ben can KO 23 and help Slade. If Victor fights Ben I think he'll win but I'm not sure on the degree of ampage (I make up words. Wanna fight about it.) the Nth metal will give Ben though. I don't care for the Hawk family.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

BT and Slade.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: ampage

I love it! I can't wait for an opportunity to use this word! Bronze Tiger should be at or around a 10-15 tonner with his armor. He could also fly with it (should he actually choose to do so).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. Slade's going to have his hands full with Creed. Ben's gear gives him a leg up on 23 I'd think but is it enough to knock her out. Even though she'll wake right up it still counts.

Vic is the one to beat here. I'm leaning towards DC. I think Ben can KO 23 and help Slade. If Victor fights Ben I think he'll win but I'm not sure on the degree of ampage (I make up words. Wanna fight about it.) the Nth metal will give Ben though. I don't care for the Hawk family.

Personally I don't think Slade needs help to beat sabretooth. Sabretooth hasn't been very impressive recently and Slade is more skilled. Not to mention he has Carbonadium bullets.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: ampage

I love it! I can't wait for an opportunity to use this word! Bronze Tiger should be at or around a 10-15 tonner with his armor. He could also fly with it (should he actually choose to do so).

Hmm. That really sways things in DC's favor.

@jashro44 said:

Personally I don't think Slade needs help to beat sabretooth. Sabretooth hasn't been very impressive recently and Slade is more skilled. Not to mention he has Carbonadium bullets.

Bullets seem like a cheap win here and I don't like that. Tried to think of another way. Isn't Slade outclassed in strength, speed and healing here? Do you think his skill can make up for that?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Strength and healing yes. Speed I don't think Sabretooth has done anything to say he is really faster. If he is faster I don't think its significant. And sabretooths adamantium will make him really hard to drop (Admittedly I missed that he had that here originally). I guess Slade could bleed sabretooth out though, without the bullets all though it would be a lot harder. I also question how many hits creed can take from his blast staff.

Based off of recent showings for sabretooth I do think Slades skill will give him a huge edge. Recently wolverine has been stomping creed a lot using his skill (I think based off the record since creeds return from the dead its 4-0 in wolverines favor, and all of them have been pretty one sided to). If Creed is fighting the way he has been recently Slade is going to do a lot of damage to him. And all though the healing factor makes him really hard to drop it does have its limits. If we do take the carboanidium bullets away it is closer. Could go either way with adamantium Creed, all though regular bone claw would lose (that is without the carboandium bullets IMO).

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I also question how many hits creed can take from his blast staff.

That is a good question. He (Deathstroke) has been blowing helicopters out of the sky like it was nothing with that thing. Being made of Promethium, it also doubles as a melee/ranged weapon. Hmm....

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Looks like a good breakdown to me. My Victor knowledge is limited to Wolvie's 3rd (I think) series.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: My Victor knowledge is limited to Wolvie's 3rd (I think) series.

I'll allow Sabretooth's very best feats here if that makes your arguements for (or against) him any easier.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carbonadium bullets FTW.

Without them, I'd go for the ferals in the absence of WIS. Not too much Slade can do to put Creed down with the adamantium skeleton. It would be a battle of attrition I'm not sure Slade would win despite superior skill in a random.

Same goes for Bronze Tiger versus X-23. Laura's got both the skillz & the speed to hang with her pappy (clone ... whatever), and with the addy + healing factor advantage, well, Tiger's superior skill will only take him so far IMHO.

And yeah, adamantium claws would rip through the Nth metal armor.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii:And yeah, adamantium claws would rip through the Nth metal armor.

It might take several dedicated slashes to the same spot repeatedly, but I could see that as a possibility. I do however doubt that Ben would just stand there and let her do that though...