Win by death

Morals off

6 hours of prep

Fight takes place in Gotham City

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#3 Posted by giantsfan576 (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thread man can't figure out why more people haven't responded. Anyway...

Scenario 1 very close can't really decide but if I have to I gotta give it to team 1. Im not sure what gear they have but deathstroke and bane should win.

Scenario 2 could go either way. DS is a master of prep but the 2 on the other team are no slouches either. I'll give it to team 2 in a close one.

#4 Posted by giantsfan576 (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut: I put a lot of thought into this one would you be able to respond to my "Reed Richards vs Batman and Lex Luthor" thread? No responses yet. Thanks.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (47901 posts) - - Show Bio

Scenario 1: Cap and Black take a 6-7/10 majority.

Scenario 2: Goes either way.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (29408 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we using current black panther or the one pictured?

#7 Posted by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Are we using current black panther or the one pictured?

Current.

#8 Posted by dondave (39846 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 both Rounds. With Prep T'cahlla can provide himslef and Steve with suits that were briefly able to fight Namor

#9 Posted by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is on venom.

#11 Posted by laflux (20344 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Team 2 both Rounds. With Prep T'cahlla can provide himslef and Steve with suits that were briefly able to fight Namor

#12 Posted by jashro44 (29408 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut: Going with team 2. I think under these conditions ultimate cap will have a slight edge on bane. I think there about equals in skill and stats however in this scenario cap has his shield where as bane is unarmed which gives cap a decent edge. I have Deathstroke taking a slight majority on cap due to durability. He has tanked massive damage in the new 52 due to that armor and he only needs one swipe of his sword to win.

As for black panther I think his current tech gives him an edge on bane. He can teleport or turn invisible which will make things to difficult for bane. energy daggers allow black panther to do some decent damage. He should also be able to cut slades armor as skilled fighters have shown the ability to do so with regular swords. I would say Black panther is the MVP here.

#13 Edited by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@doomnaut: Going with team 2. I think under these conditions ultimate cap will have a slight edge on bane. I think there about equals in skill and stats however in this scenario cap has his shield where as bane is unarmed which gives cap a decent edge. I have Deathstroke taking a slight majority on cap due to durability. He has tanked massive damage in the new 52 due to that armor and he only needs one swipe of his sword to win.

As for black panther I think his current tech gives him an edge on bane. He can teleport or turn invisible which will make things to difficult for bane. energy daggers allow black panther to do some decent damage. He should also be able to cut slades armor as skilled fighters have shown the ability to do so with regular swords. I would say Black panther is the MVP here.

My man Josh hit it on the head.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 both rounds. Bane is a super weak link.

#17 Posted by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#18 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 both rounds. Gotham gives them a huge homefield advantage, and I personally think they'll make better use of the prep, if only by a small margin. Also, I don't see how Panther of Cap can do anything against Deathstroke's Nth metal armor plus Bane's New-52 Venom is a killer.

It's not a stomp, but team 1 takes this both rounds in my opinion.

#19 Posted by Doomnaut (2432 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 both rounds. Gotham gives them a huge homefield advantage, and I personally think they'll make better use of the prep, if only by a small margin. Also, I don't see how Panther of Cap can do anything against Deathstroke's Nth metal armor plus Bane's New-52 Venom is a killer.

I think it was mentioned that Panther should be able to cut his armor with his Daggers.

#21 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

I think it was mentioned that Panther should be able to cut his armor with his Daggers.

Mentioned by whom? There's no way of knowing. Nth metal is magical so if I had to bet money on it I'd say that Panther can't do jack sh!t to Slade's armor.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (47901 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

Mentioned by whom? There's no way of knowing. Nth metal is magical so if I had to bet money on it I'd say that Panther can't do jack sh!t to Slade's armor.

It's been broken through by regular swords before.... it's not invulnerable................

#23 Posted by Wolverine08 (47901 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Black Panther and Ultimate Captain America. Current T'Challa is superior in most ways to both combatants on Team 1.

#24 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I think you're having New 52 Slade confused with Pre 52 Slade. In the New 52, his Nth metal armor withstood a beating from Lobo.

#25 Edited by Wolverine08 (47901 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

No, new 52 Slade has had his armor pierced by swords. I'm sure someone can get scans of it.

#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (47901 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Deathstroke has had his armor pierced by people who have enough skill.

#27 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure that's NOT his Nth metal armor. I could be wrong though, someone needs to clarify this.

#29 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Pretty sure that's NOT his Nth metal armor. I could be wrong though, someone needs to clarify this.

Is Nth metal stronger than a Herald of Galactus? That's all I need to know.

#30 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

It's stronger than Lobo though.

#31 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

Then Black panther's daggers can cut through it. If you read New Avengers #3 or 4 he pierced Alt Terrax's skin with it. So I'm sure that it can jack all to Nth metal.

#32 Edited by Wolverine08 (47901 posts) - - Show Bio

My reasons for Team Marvel winning this battle are as follow. Current Black Panther should be able to beat Deathstroke 7-8/10 times out of ten. For one, Black Panther has a very slight strength advantage. he recently beat the Thanos Black Order member Black Dwarf done into the ground so badly with his own two fists that Black Dwarf was left limping away severely injured. Black Panther also has a technological edge over New 52 Deathstroke. Current Black Panther has a telaporter he strategically used in New Avengers #1 to appear and reappear to demolish Black Swan and here group of soldiers, virbranium daggers that pierced the Galactus Herald Terrax and caused him great pain, force fields, anti metals that can go through adamantium like hot butter, and a vibranium suit that has withstood the blows of a bloodlusted Iron Fist hitting with the force of a "freight train". Black Panther has more and better fighting skill feats than New 52 Deathstroke like beating Captain America, stalemating Wolverine, beating Iron Fist, beating Kraven the Hunter, etc. Overall, these advantages should allow him to beat New 52 Slade.

Ultimate Captain America has strength feats that put him above New 52 Bane, better skill feats, and his shield. He should take the majority over New 52 Bane.

Overall, Team Marvel takes an 8/10 majority.

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (47901 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

Lobo was depowered when he fought Slade.

#34 Posted by Zmasonite (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love team 1, team 2 takes round one due to Panther imo. Round two I'd give team 2 the majority 6-7/10

#35 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

Then Black panther's daggers can cut through it. If you read New Avengers #3 or 4 he pierced Alt Terrax's skin with it. So I'm sure that it can jack all to Nth metal.

Nth metal is magical though, if it wasn't then I might have agreed with you.

#36 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

That dagger was an energy dagger, why couldn't energy cut through magic if it could cut through the power cosmic?

#37 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

That dagger was Vib. Vibranium is blessed by Bast a God. So it's magic too.

...no it isn't =\

#38 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

...no it isn't =\

Yeah I changed that. to this.

That dagger was an energy dagger, why couldn't energy cut through magic if it could cut through the power cosmic?

#39 Posted by jashro44 (29408 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

1. Slade was wearing his Nth metal when it was cut. It shows with enough speed and skill someone can bypass the armors durability.
  2. It was later retconned that Lobo was weaker then normal in the deathstroke story line (which is why lobo was damaged by bombs desgined to kill elephants).

#40 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by jashro44 (29408 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

...no it isn't =\

The power cosmic (as far as I know) doesn't function defensively. And it's not magical. I really don't think that an energy dagger can bypass magic. There's no way to know for sure of course but I just don't see why it should.

Anywho, Bane and Deathstroke have a huge homefield advantage. They (especially Bane) know Gotham like the back of their hand.

#43 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

Err... I don't think so?

...no it isn't =\

The power cosmic (as far as I know) doesn't function defensively. And it's not magical. I really don't think that an energy dagger can bypass magic. There's no way to know for sure of course but I just don't see why it should.

Anywho, Bane and Deathstroke have a huge homefield advantage. They (especially Bane) know Gotham like the back of their hand.

We can agree to disagree on that since there is nothing saying that it can or cant'.

#44 Posted by Veshark (9286 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell @the_red_viper

If we're talking energy daggers, it's worth noting that BP's daggers have an intangible setting. Here's BP using his energy daggers to bypass Ultron's adamantium shell:

No reason why his daggers can't bypass DS' armor.

As for the battle, I'm banking on Team 2 for both rounds.

#45 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

If we're talking energy daggers, it's worth noting that BP's daggers have an intangible setting. Here's BP using his energy daggers to bypass Ultron's adamantium shell:

Thanks g. Forgot about this.

#46 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

The reason is that Deathstroke's armor is imbued with magic. It's Nth metal. If it was just a tough piece of metal I'd have agreed but it's a MAGICAL tough piece of metal.

Ultron wasn't magical the last time I checked.

#47 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

The reason is that Deathstroke's armor is imbued with magic. It's Nth metal. If it was just a tough piece of metal I'd have agreed but it's a MAGICAL tough piece of metal.

Were the swords that cut his armor magic?

#48 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@veshark said:

Probably not, but since I didn't read the issue I don't know the circumstances.

I do know however that Nth metal is unexpected.

#49 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

Were the swords magic??

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@veshark said:

So once we get the answer, we'll be able to say yea or neh.

#50 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

Were the swords magic??

@the_red_viper said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@the_red_viper said:

@veshark said:

So once we get the answer, we'll be able to say yea or neh.

Pretty much.