Deathstroke and Batman vs. Mister X and Taskmaster

Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In a pure H2H fight, which team takes it and why? 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
versus
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FinalStar86

Team 1
Deathstroke has resistance to psionics and Bats can fight with a blank mind giving him an advantage over X

Even if neither could beat X, Tasky isn't going to last long in this fight, then its two on one and X can't read two sets of thoughts at once

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Team 1 curbstomp, anyone in team 1 can take anyone in team 2.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Team 1.

PS: Am I the only one that feels like Taskmaster is a joke most of the time?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@JediXMan:  I do and I feel, he shouldn't ever be.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FinalStar86
@JediXMan said:
" Team 1.  PS: Am I the only one that feels like Taskmaster is a joke most of the time? "
He was a badass in the Avengers series but the Deadpool writers turned him into a joke.  Mister X made him look like a jackass in Wolverine's series also.  

If this was Tasky written properly he might give Bruce a hard fight but in the end he relies too much on copying fighting styles and isn't too bright.  
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @JediXMan:  I do and I feel, he shouldn't ever be. "
The guy's powers should make him a threat. But he just feels like a joke most of the time.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@JediXMan:  yes, there's really bad writing there, but then anything Deadpool touches lately...
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@JediXMan said:
" Team 1.  PS: Am I the only one that feels like Taskmaster is a joke most of the time? "
Well George Perez who created both Deathstroke and Taskmaster created Tasky to be a Marvel counterpart to Deathstroke. But Tasky obvious did not catch on as well
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silver2467
@FinalStar86 said:
" Team 1 Deathstroke has resistance to psionics and Bats can fight with a blank mind giving him an advantage over X  Even if neither could beat X, Tasky isn't going to last long in this fight, then its two on one and X can't read two sets of thoughts at once "
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Team 1 curbstomp, anyone in team 1 can take anyone in team 2. "
Soloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Soloman
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Team 1 curbstomp, anyone in team 1 can take anyone in team 2. "
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Team 1

Convo_Breaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do i get the feeling this fight was manufactured to give the dc team the advantage by neutering the marvel team....

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats can be argued on beating Tony and Slade can beat Tony.Just X I'm unfamiliar with overall

@wolverine08 or @god_spawn or @jashro44 thoughts?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Wolverine008

Mister X is most likely not going to be able to be effective against Pre 52 Deathstroke due to Slade's enhanced mind and the effect it has on telepathy used on him possibly cancelling out X's telepathy, but I also suppose you could argue that someone like Wolverine has extremely powerful telepathic shields in his head and Mister X was fully capable of reading and dancing around him. Personally, I would say that if Mister X went for Batman and Taskmaster went for Deathstrke, Tony and X would definitely win. Bruce is not going to be able to handle someone whom has utterly humiliated Wolverine and Taskmaster as if they were newbs, and is going to be a step ahead of him at each turn. Only thing I would say might hinder him is the jobber aura he picked up in his last few issues, but I think his overall showings demonstrate he's a complete animal. And on the otherhand, even if one argues that Deathstroke's stats should give him an edge over Taskmaster like it usually does in his fights against skilled fighters, given Tony's skill set, he's capable of giving Slade a great fight and stalling him much better than Batman will with Mister X.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: X, non jobbing, always seemed like a beast in the street level area.Wanted to make threads involving him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: X, non jobbing, always seemed like a beast in the street level area.Wanted to make threads involving him.

He's around Pre 52 Deathstroke level with no jobber aura on IMO. Not someone to be taken lightly at all.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 handily IMO.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By reaverlation

@wolverine08: Like for example:

A fight between X and T'Challa(Current) or X and Cassandra? How would that go?

Also what versatility X brings besides his physical stats?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If it's a pure H2H, does Mister X gains his "telepathy"? If so, Team 2 should win with significant effort. Without it, i may lean towards Team 2.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Like for example:

A fight between X and T'Challa(Current) or X and Cassandra? How would that go?

Also what versatility X brings besides his physical stats?

For T'Challa, gear or no gear? If no gear, I'd personally back Mister X for a very strong majority. He's no slouch in the martial talent when you consider the fact that he has mastered every Earth based martial art along with some alien martial arts from the Kree Empire, and T'Challa really has no answer to the one step ahead advantage Mister's telepathy gives him which has allowed him to run circles around guys like Wolverine and Taskmaster whom are in T'Challa's league stat wise. If with gear, I think I'd still back X. The only real chance T'Challa has to go pick up a victory would be a sneak attack with his teleporter, but when you consider that X has easily evaded Wolverine while purposely turning his back to him, I don't think T'Challa can pull off a teleporter sneak attack for a majority. Cassandra will do better due to body reading, but I think the low end telepathy X has should trump her ability overall.

In terms of fighting, X's style is pretty much based around his low end telepathy in combination with his martial talent. It honestly makes it extremely difficult to beat him H2H unless your physical stats greatly surpass his.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Damn what a monster! Don't know why I'm loving X as a character right now xD. Cool and thanks a lot :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Damn what a monster! Don't know why I'm loving X as a character right now xD. Cool and thanks a lot :)

It's all good man.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@ghostravage said:

If it's a pure H2H, does Mister X gains his "telepathy"? If so, Team 2 should win with significant effort. Without it, i may lean towards Team 2.

I assume X would have his TP. Otherwise Slade shouldn't have his enhancements either.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Mister X biggest mistake is bragging about his abilities, he's done it to almost every person he has fought. This is the reason why Danny was able to fight instinctively with a blank state of mind.

I feel Bruce might be able to do the same, although it would be difficult, might have to give X a slight majority. So I think it's still a toss up imo due to Batman figuring out a way to fight X, or Slade fighting X first like you said.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@wolverine08: Mister X biggest mistake is bragging about his abilities, he's done it to almost every person he has fought. This is the reason why Danny was able to fight instinctively with a blank state of mind.

I feel Bruce might be able to do the same, although it would be difficult, might have to give X a slight majority. So I think it's still a toss up imo due to Batman figuring out a way to fight X, or Slade fighting X first like you said.

MIster X's braggart personality changing outcome of the battle depends on the opponent he's facing and how their abilities match up to his. The reason why him bragging about his powers ended up blowing up in his face against Iron Fist was because Danny had the perfect counter to his power. I don't think Bruce really has a way to divert X's nervous system/low level telepathy even if he knew how it worked. I don't believe he's shown that he can fight just using pure instinct like an Iron Fist or Wolverine.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I hate to say this but it is Batman, he's usually good at figuring things like that out. But like I said, it just helps him from getting stomped, not take a majority.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Fair enough, and good points as usual Slim!