#1 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Both man of action and the best of the best, but what happens when you stick a chess board in front of them, Who will win who will lose Salde is whites midnigter is black, let thegames start.

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...

Slade gets the first move allowing Midnighter reaction time...

i'd be more tempted to say Midnighter as he could actually plan every concievable scenario in computer real time with probabilities of Slade's movements. Slade is good, but i've never seen him plan as far ahead as Midnighter can...

failing that Midnighter will just smash the board and show Slade just how deadly a Rook really is lol

M

#3 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO nice

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

makes sense to me...

i can't see many people beating Midnighter at chess as there are only a certain amount of permutations you can use to create an effective checkmate... all of those can be computated and accounted for, then it's just a matter of planning your scenario around it to win, something Midnighter is excellent at

M

#5 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

We did this once before with Midnighter and another character from Marvel who was just like him. Buckshot made it. Midnighter wins. Nice scenario by the way M

#6 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"makes sense to me...

i can't see many people beating Midnighter at chess as there are only a certain amount of permutations you can use to create an effective checkmate... all of those can be computated and accounted for, then it's just a matter of planning your scenario around it to win, something Midnighter is excellent at

M
"
What if it was that computer, Blue something the one built just for chess.
#7 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha I brought that up in the last one. Blue is weak actually. Its been beaten by normal humans. And could only think of like 1000 moves ahead while Midnighter is working with a million moves ahead or something to that affect

#8 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Hahaha I brought that up in the last one. Blue is weak actually. Its been beaten by normal humans. And could only think of like 1000 moves ahead while Midnighter is working with a million moves ahead or something to that affect
"
God damn it LOL
#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

unless it's a Quantum Computer it ain't going to beat Midnighter...

now Midnighter Vs Dr Who in a chess match.... that's just insanity lol

M

#10 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm.. how about Midnighter vs Professor X? I don't know if he could read his mind, and even if he could, if he could understand it.

#11 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Star Trek Chess?

BTW, I don't know who The Death Stork is, but I must say I'm intrigued.