Deathscythe vs Wolverine.... FIGHT!

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PartialSanity

Hello everyone! Long long ago, one of my closest friends wanted to get into an argument over Wolverine vs Gundams. I quickly dismissed the argument, because I had other things to do. But as it stands, I've always wondered what would happen. I don't know if this has been done before, I searched but it yielded no results.

No backstory, middle of a city. Deathscythe and Wolverine are locked onto each other....

No Caption Provided

XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Wolverine

Wolverine is not shy against foes larger than himself, which to be honest is almost every foe, but can he defeat this 53ft behemoth in battle!?

Please keep it civil! Don't undermine the opinions of others. I would like to see this unfold in a studied fashion!

(I picked Deathscythe because it was my favorite Gundam at the time of the almost argument.)

Edit: No BFR please. Oh and just so the whole flight thing isn't too much of an issue, lets just say his thrusters are somewhat damage and can only sustain flight for 30 seconds at a time, needing a cooldown before being able to do so again.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathscythe punts him into the stratosphere for a BFR or KO. I mean I guess Wolverine could claw at it but it's armor would be thicker than his claws and it can, well, fly.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is a pretty unorthodox battle. One could argue that Wolverine could just scale the MS and go straight for the weak points or even the pilot - much in the same manner of a Sentinel. On the other hand, the DS could just fly up in the air where Logan can't reach him, and bombard the city with ranged weapons. It's hard to determine because of the scale difference.

But since the battlefield is a city, I'd argue it would be easier for Logan to hide among the nooks and crannies of the city to avoid the MS' reach. Assuming that the DS remains on ground level instead of flying, Logan could pull off a win. It's also worth mentioning that Logan has more experience handling giant robots than Duo Maxwell has with tiny adamantium-clawed mutants.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PartialSanity

I guess I should've seen that coming, I need to make a no BFR edit. Can't really have a proper fight if one of the combatants isn't there.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Yeah, I always thought it was rather unorthodox myself. I can't really remember what made him bring it up in the first place. I didn't know very much about Wolverine at the time, not that I know so much these days. My knowledge on Gundams is also quite lacking, I just knew that Gundams were pretty badass and that Wolverine wasn't below fighting giant robots. I never wanted to get into an argument with him over it because he was wearing Wolverine-colored glasses, and it's hard to have a proper talk about things when people start raging.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@partialsanity I've seen a number of Gundam series, though I haven't got around to watching Wing yet. Indeed, debates can often get pointless when posters are blind-sided by favoritism, but in all honestly, I think everyone is a little biased towards their favorites.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no special love of Gundam (I barely remember it from Toonami) but, I mean, they're pretty fast and maneuverable. I'm pretty sure they could deal with Logan by just flying up and smashing him into the ground or cutting at him with the laser scythe until he stays down.

Abocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gandanium Vs Adamantium

Duo's piloting skill should not be underestimated but DS is a Close Quarter MS, might be hard if wolvie comes close.

Is Self destruct on?

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PartialSanity

@abocado: My post limit for the day nears so I may not be able to answer most questions. But, wouldn't self-destruct kill Duo? I'm not sure how self-destructing could give us a clear winner or not. One could argue that Wolverine could regenerate. I honestly don't know how much destruction the self-destruct mechanism can actually cause, so if you could school me on it, it would be nice.

Abocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abocado: My post limit for the day nears so I may not be able to answer most questions. But, wouldn't self-destruct kill Duo? I'm not sure how self-destructing could give us a clear winner or not. One could argue that Wolverine could regenerate. I honestly don't know how much destruction the self-destruct mechanism can actually cause, so if you could school me on it, it would be nice.

Each Gundam on Gundam Wing is powered by a nuclear reactor, There are two types of self destruct:

1. Standard

2. Nuclear

Gundam pilots are trained to protect the Gundams secret, killing themselves is no biggie.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abocado But why would Duo do it in the first place? He's not listed as bloodlusted or morals off, so I don't see why he'd resort to it. It doesn't sound like a cost-efficient move either way, would Duo self-destruct the entire MS just to have a chance at hitting one tiny mutant?

Abocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@abocado But why would Duo do it in the first place? He's not listed as bloodlusted or morals off, so I don't see why he'd resort to it. It doesn't sound like a cost-efficient move either way, would Duo self-destruct the entire MS just to have a chance at hitting one tiny mutant?

Look at this scenario, if Adamantium is stronger than Gandanium, them all logan have to do is get close and start tearing away with his claws. If worse come to worse, the self-destruct option is needed.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abocado

Even under the assumption that Wolverine's tearing apart the MS and threatening to come for the pilot, I still doubt that Duo would consider the option. The self-destruct is only used to prevent the Gundam's data from falling into enemy hands, it's a drastic measure used only when the Gundam is under threat of capture. Him sacrificing the entire MS and his own life just to hit Wolverine seems like an overreaction.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the problem with this fight is that it has too many variables in which both sides could technically win. Deathscythe has a cloak which makes it invisible so that would lead to Deathscythe comboing by launching his shield and its beam blade. But then again, a Gundam would akin to a Sentinel to Wolverine so given Logan's experience fighting giant mechanical killing machines, Logan could easily use the stealth tactics of his own and just start tearing into the armor (If Adamantium is stronger than Gundanium).

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the problem with this fight is that it has too many variables in which both sides could technically win. Deathscythe has a cloak which makes it invisible so that would lead to Deathscythe comboing by launching his shield and its beam blade. But then again, a Gundam would akin to a Sentinel to Wolverine so given Logan's experience fighting giant mechanical killing machines, Logan could easily use the stealth tactics of his own and just start tearing into the armor (If Adamantium is stronger than Gundanium).

The Deathscythe doesn't have a cloak actually - only its upgraded variant the Deathscythe Hell has it.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:

The Deathscythe doesn't have a cloak actually - only its upgraded variant the Deathscythe Hell has it.

Right, I confused that with the Hyper Jammers that make it invisible to all sensors.

Anyways, the Specs for Deathscythe

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/w/xxxg-01d.htm