#51  Edited By Cable_Extreme
Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Silverrings

This seems awful close to me. Slade can definitely take a lot of what Deathlok can throw at him physically, but i'm not sue if he could take out the cyborg with guns and swords. His skills give him an advantage, but it's not enough. If Deathlok can tank a headshot then i think Slade loses. Or if he gets a hold of Slade and breaks him, but that's unlikely, given Slade's skills, tactics and physical prowess.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

He actually does attribute his physical enhancements as an advantage. Right in the Second Panel he's bragging about his enhanced reflexes. He doesn't even mention his enhanced brain...all he's saying is that his reflexes allow for instantaneous communication between his brain and his body.

You apparently didn't read it, he is saying his enhanced brain allows a faster communication to his body which enables him to move faster.

For you to even say Slade is a rip off of CA shows how much you do not know about Slade, and how is New 52 DS even remotely similar to Ult Cap? Baseless claim....

No...What he says is his enhanced reflexes allow for faster communication with his brain. "You forget the Army Chemically Boosted my Reflexes. I move as quickly as I think."

And you were saying that New 52 Slade is Superhuman....well So is Ultimate Cap. You opened the door for the comparison.

@twix_right_side said:

@cable_extreme: Captain America used far more than his shield and stats to win fights back then. He used his skills, his stats (as you said), strategy/tactics with his enhanced brain functions. However,Slade's enhanced intellect was more of a focus of his character than Cap's was at the time.

Also, I don't believe in the term ripoff, but I don't really think that he's calling Slade a ripoff per se.

I think it had to do with the earlier comment about Deathlok being a "ripoff" of Slade (which was just a joke,btw), and he brought the point that, just because you can make tenuous links (which is basically what most rip off arguments are based off of), that it doesn't mean that they are even based off of each other.

Cap and DS both share the similarity of being soldiers (in the general sense) that became super sodiers, but the two are nothing alike. I think that that was his point, but I cannot speak for anyone but myself.

But anyway, DS's enhanced intellect amd dangerous strategies was more of a focus for his character than Caps was in the 60s, but Cap did use strategy and advanced tactics to lure his opponents into traps, or maybe by using the environment against his opponent, or working off of his opponent's attacks, etc. It was also his advanced skills, his will,etc among other things. It was far more than just shield and stats. Those are not new. At the same time, DS also did similar things against the titans, but I'm just speaking on Cap's behalf. :)

DAMN, that was a lot

@godzilla44: Saying Death stroke is better is an opinion, dude.

He is saying DS is a ripoff of Cap, I can underline and quote it if you wish.

Actually what I was saying really was in response to what Godzilla said about Dethlok being a Rip off of Deathstroke. I was merely making a comment about how Slade is much closer to being a "Rip off" of Captain America than Dethlok is a rip off of Deathstroke (Since Dethlok precedes Deathstroke by about 6 years.) From there I was just pointing out there are a lot of similarities between Cap and Slade when it comes to how they both got their abilities and the abilities themsleves. If you look I even say that personality wise they are very different. The bit I underlined is exactly what I was getting at though...I'm glad someone was able to see that.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: it isn't his reflexes that allow faster communication to his brain, that makes absolutely no sense, it is his brain enhancements that allow information to be sent to and from the brain, he even goes on and explains that he can move (due to his brain) and put your finger down before your brain can tell you to put it up.

And if your argument is that New 52 Deathstroke is a rip off of Ultimate Cap because they both have super human stats, then that is an extremely weak argument, and shows lack of knowledge on both characters, new 52 DS is absolutely nothing like Ultimate cap....

And you flat out said DS is a ripoff of Cap, if you are going to back out, at least admit you were wrong.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: it isn't his reflexes that allow faster communication to his brain, that makes absolutely no sense, it is his brain enhancements that allow information to be sent to and from the brain, he even goes on and explains that he can move (due to his brain) and put your finger down before your brain can tell you to put it up.

And if your argument is that New 52 Deathstroke is a rip off of Ultimate Cap because they both have super human stats, then that is an extremely weak argument, and shows lack of knowledge on both characters, new 52 DS is absolutely nothing like Ultimate cap....

And you flat out said DS is a ripoff of Cap, if you are going to back out, at least admit you were wrong.

Hey.... you brought up the scan. The scan is talking about his reflexes. Not his brain. Never once in the scan does he even mention his brain being enhanced (which it has...I'm not trying to say it wasn't). But the scan itself is him talking about his Reflexes.

The ultimate cap thing was just a joke anyway. You were trying to make the case that New 52 slade is so much different than Captain America because he is actually Superhuman. You left the door wide open for the comparison.

And the guy "flat out" said that Dethlok is a Rip off of Slade...But you didn't have an issue with that. In fact...You "concurred" with the statement.

@godzilla44: yep, I concur!

So let's get down to talking about who really has a "lack of knowledge" about characters.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: "I move as quickly as I think".... Did you not read that? And the yep I concur was a joke, and I even explained the joke into more detail when I verified why i said that when I said Stan Lee is omnipresent, so therefor time is irrelevant, you can't honestly try to argue I was serious about that.... Unless you didn't read anything else I typed...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: "I move as quickly as I think".... Did you not read that? And the yep I concur was a joke, and I even explained the joke into more detail when I verified why i said that when I said Stan Lee is omnipresent, so therefor time is irrelevant, you can't honestly try to argue I was serious about that.... Unless you didn't read anything else I typed...

You forgot the first part of that Statement "the army chemically boosted my Reflexes. I move as quickly as I think". He's talking about Reflexes. He doesn't say anything about how fast his brain works...he's talking about how his body is attuned with his brain.

And, as stated by @twix_right_side. I was just saying that if you can call Dethlok a "rip-off" of Slade because they have similar names...the same could be said for Slade having the same basic origin and power set as Steve. He got it. You didn't.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: His reflexes were boosted because of his brain enhancements, I have many more scans that verify this if you want me to go over it for you when I get back home.

He does say how fast his brain works when he explains to The Changeling how much faster he can react and think.

I wasn't really saying he was a ripoff, I was making a joke, you can look at it, and maybe even laugh if you wish, but don't try and act like I was serious, or that your incorrect claim was somehow justified.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Shawnbaby

@cable_extreme said:

@shawnbaby: His reflexes were boosted because of his brain enhancements, I have many more scans that verify this if you want me to go over it for you when I get back home.

He does say how fast his brain works when he explains to The Changeling how much faster he can react and think.

I wasn't really saying he was a ripoff, I was making a joke, you can look at it, and maybe even laugh if you wish, but don't try and act like I was serious, or that your incorrect claim was somehow justified.

I already said I know that Slade's brain has been enhanced as well...but that Scan you are referring to does not mention brain enhancements at all. He's talking about how fast his body responds to the commands his brain gives.

And I've repeatedly stated that I wasn't being completely serious about my Cap/Slade "rip off" comment. I was just trying to illustrate a point. Clearly, you did not understand that point...but others did.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@cable_extreme said:

I already said I know that Slade's brain has been enhanced as well...but that Scan you are referring to does not mention brain enhancements at all. He's talking about how fast his body responds to the commands his brain gives.

And I've repeatedly stated that I wasn't being completely serious about my Cap/Slade "rip off" comment. I was just trying to illustrate a point. Clearly, you did not understand that point...but others did.

He is saying that he moves as fast as he thinks, meaning that his reaction speed is just as fast as his brain. His reaction solely depends on the speed at which his brain can process information, everything with Slade's character, from his creation centers around his enhanced brain, which was emphasized to an extreme degree since his creation whereas CA was not nearly emphasized as much. This is enough reason to show that Slade is not a rip off like you claimed originally.

You were not clearly trying to illustrate a point, you "clearly" claimed Deathstroke to be a ripoff of CA, and that persons comment gave you an outing. You sure didn't say that right after my initial response, you basically didn't say it until after his post. Simply admit you were wrong, there is no harm in that.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@cable_extreme said:

He is saying that he moves as fast as he thinks, meaning that his reaction speed is just as fast as his brain. His reaction solely depends on the speed at which his brain can process information, everything with Slade's character, from his creation centers around his enhanced brain, which was emphasized to an extreme degree since his creation whereas CA was not nearly emphasized as much. This is enough reason to show that Slade is not a rip off like you claimed originally.

You were not clearly trying to illustrate a point, you "clearly" claimed Deathstroke to be a ripoff of CA, and that persons comment gave you an outing. You sure didn't say that right after my initial response, you basically didn't say it until after his post. Simply admit you were wrong, there is no harm in that.

Yes, He is saying he moves as fast as he thinks....but he doesn't say anything about how fast he thinks. What he is saying is there is no lag between his brain sending a signal and his body receiving that signal. Read your own scan. Again, i know that Slade's brain was also enhanced...but it is never mentioned in that scan. He's bragging about his reflexes from start to finish. Never once does he even mention his enhanced brain. You're interpretting the scan based on what you want it to say

Believe what you want. I know what I meant. The other guy knows what I meant too. I made my original comment about Deathstroke being a rip off of Cap because of the comment that claimed Dethlok was a rip off of Slade. I felt that if he could call Dethlok a Rip off of Deathstroke because of the similarities in name...I could just as easily claim that Deathstroke is a Rip off of Captain America due to the similarities in origin and in powerset. I was being facetious. That's all there is to it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@shawnbaby: I am not interpretting the scan for what I want it to say, read the whole scan, especially what he says to The Changling. He explains how fast his brain can send information to his body, he retraced the root of his superior reflexes to his brain when he said I move as fast as I think, he then explained just how fast that is to beast boy, so I am not making stuff up, you are simply biasly ignoring the whole of the scan.

Also you are now backing out of your original claim of DS "already being a rip off of CA", there was no joking in that, and you didn't contest the claim until the other guy gave you an outing to do so. Don't try and lie to me bro.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shawnbaby

@shawnbaby: I am not interpretting the scan for what I want it to say, read the whole scan, especially what he says to The Changling. He explains how fast his brain can send information to his body, he retraced the root of his superior reflexes to his brain when he said I move as fast as I think, he then explained just how fast that is to beast boy, so I am not making stuff up, you are simply biasly ignoring the whole of the scan.

Also you are now backing out of your original claim of DS "already being a rip off of CA", there was no joking in that, and you didn't contest the claim until the other guy gave you an outing to do so. Don't try and lie to me bro.

You are...because he doesn't mention that his brain has been enhanced in that scan. Moving as fast as he thinks is a reference to his body...not his mind. There is no lag between his brain sending his signal and his body acting upon that signal...that is exactly what is being said in the scan. He's saying that while Changeling's brain is sending the signal to his body...Deathstroke is already acting.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Since when did this become a Cap vs Slade thread

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@shawnbaby: Moving as fast as he "thinks" is a reference to his brain speed. It is relating his body movements to the speed of his brain. Read the scan, and don't lie to me.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dondave

Don't see how Slade can win this

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

*bump* For all those who claimed Slade had no/few feats.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By godzilla44
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

@godzilla44 said:

@twix_right_side: nah it's a fact

No Caption Provided

lol he can never handle wonder woman,let alone get her.

Debunked

nah Deathstroke is a ladies man

No Caption Provided

......didn't he once have sex with a teenage girl? I'm not trying to undermine him,but that's honestly what I heard.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By godzilla44
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Twix_Right_Side
godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathlok pretty much outclasses Slade in strength, durability and equipment. He wins.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

im assuming we are talking about tv versions

deathlok seems to be superior to deathstroke by a decent margin. however, slade has better regenerating capabilities, and is a much better fighter. it can go either way

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathlok should take this. He appears stronger than Slade and he brings more firepower, with high end explosives and a large scale EMP/taser, as well as the device that stopped Wards heart. His durability eclipses Slade as well. He survived at the epicentre of a massive explosion before he got his armour and other enhancements.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathlok is like mostly a super enhanced machine who outclasses Deathstroke in physical attributes execpt for maybe speed and pure reflexes. And doesn't he have (in whatever of his original body remains) like a mixture of every super soldier serum known to man along with Extremis? With all of his gear and weaponry he should win mid difficulty here.

ClassicKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Not too sure about AoS Deathlok. Arrow Slade was pretty badass in his stage.

Probably Slade takes this, considering his version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade