Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@NightFang said:

" @Morpheus_: Stature means everything to these people, "

There is absolutely no proof that Michael was above Lucifer during their time together in Heaven. Once he left, Michael being second means nothing. Hence why I said:

Especially when you are second when no one is third.

Lucifer was kicked out of Heaven

He came to an understanding with the Presence. You want to call it him being cast out? Certainly. Was he cast out by force? No. He decided to go.

and the  Presence only aloud Lucifer to rule over Hell with the first, second and third of the fallen. 

Lucifer always ruled Hell alone. Even the triumvirate after the GEB incident was a mere cover-up. The Presence actually said he would not impose his will over Lucifer's dominion, so I have no idea where you got the first, second, and third of the fallen restriction stuff.

edit: The First of the Fallen being cast out before Lucifer (as revealed in Hellblazer) means little to nothing, especially since the Presence made no mention of him in his exchange with Lucifer, and TFOTF was nowhere near Lucifer's league (hence why he had to wait for Lucifer to leave Hell in order to take over).
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_: First/Second/Third of the Fallen is Hellblazer stuff, Ennis and Gaiman's continuity there is rough, Ennis later tried to adapt his continuity to Gaiman's but to some people it's probably still confusing "
Check the edit, I know it myself, but it has nothing to do with Lucifer's agreement with his father.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Morpheus_: First/Second/Third of the Fallen is Hellblazer stuff, Ennis and Gaiman's continuity there is rough, Ennis later tried to adapt his continuity to Gaiman's but to some people it's probably still confusing "
Check the edit, I know it myself, but it has nothing to do with Lucifer's agreement with his father. "
Check my edit, I remembered you already knew that :P  I don't even know what you were arguing about anymore, I just read that line... "
Haha, just noticed that.

The arguing points were: 

i) If clarifiation concerning Lucifer's ranking was ever provided (aside from Dream calling him the second most powerful being in existence), and
ii) If Michael cast Lucifer away during the battle in Heaven, which I'm certain he didn't. Lucifer actually got impaled by Gabriel, not Michael before the Presence steeped in, and stopped the battle, before showing Hell to Lucifer and coming to an agreement for him to rule there.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:

" ah okay, interesting thoughts  I think Lucifer #50 contradicts all the other versions of the story though, doesn't it? Because there Lucifer leaves, and in every other version he "falls" and a battle takes place.  "

Ah, the landmark issue 50, with Lucifer's early history with Lilith. It is true, several flashbacks/versions of what happened have been shown, some of which do contradict one another.

As for him being called the second most powerful being in existence, I like to think statuses and so forth can be updated as a story progresses and since Michael wasn't introduced into the universe until Lucifer #11, he wasn't taken into the equation at that point.

Also true, but no clarification was ever made for him to be de facto below Michael, or vice versa. They were always supposed to complete each other, the one's fault, being the other one's strength.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:

" I honestly much more prefer the story Lilith told over the whole battle thing, it seemed more true to Lucifer's character...although it messes with all the continuity "

Of course, the fact that it is Lilith narrating the story decreases its liability. But since it is not addressed towards a specific character, we can also assume that she has no reason to lie. It's truly up to whatever vision one wants to follow.

anyways, I agree with you that the two are equals yet opposites but I thought the argument was that you were trying to say Lucifer wasn't second because Michael is his counterpart  

The argument was if any ranking has ever been given, which I don't believe it has.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:

"then I'll follow her story and infer the details I like best :P nah, either version works for me, like I said I usually don't fret about those things but what's protocol for these arguments, do you guys just take any event as canon even if later events cancel them out? "

It depends. With series like Sandman, or Lucifer, things are not as straightforward as with mainstream comics.

But at any case, no, there is no absolute truth, unless it is explicitly stated/mentioned that a series of events overrides others.

ah, I don't think it has either, or at least if it was, I wasn't bothered to notice...what I want to know is why do we never see threads about Garamas and Gyges if people are all about The Presence and what-not  

Because people don't know them, of course.
AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lucifer

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like she said, she's going to be the one to close the door.

randell1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the endless are conceptual beings meaning they only exist because certain concepts exist. death only exists because the multiverse would get pretty cramped if no one ever died. Therefore if she went on vacation no one would die and chaos would ensue. the same thing with dream or any of the other endless.

Lucifer, and Michael are not conceptual beings. they are beings that are outside the bounds of reality. there father The Presence is the literal god of the multiverse in DC, the Presence didn't create the multiverse Michael and Lucifer did.Michael has Relative Omnipotence,Michael is the second most powerful being in DC equaled only by his twin brother Lucifer and surpassed only by their father, the god of the covenant,

Lucifer has Nigh Omnipotence, which grants him the ability to manipulate any external force for any effect he desires, he cannot however create something out of nothing, for this he needs the demiurgic force of Michael and later Elaine, how it works is Michael creates the matter required for the multiverse to be created. Lucifer on the other hand wills it into existence and shapes it. Michael can't bring it into existence and Lucifer can not create it he can only provide the will power for it to come into existence. what this means is that the ENDLESS exist in a reality that was brought into existence by Michael and Lucifer. so there is absolutely no way the endless are as powerful as Lucifer. as such if he wanted to he could just snap them out of existence

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate or Lucifer.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer stomps

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lucifer got this.

jadenlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jadenlol

Lucifer But its not a stomp like I usually thought.

KeiKrossKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't thought about this series in a long time. It was really good from what i remember, and Lucifer wins

emmanuelalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lucifer wins

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer easy. Why do people think the Endless can contend with him?

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lucy, yeah. Though supposedly, Death will eventually claim him.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death was the most overrated character in the Endless. Lucifer takes this comfortably.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate, or Death eventually wins

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer is above her just as he is above everyone in DC (except for his brother and the Presence).

TheOneBelowAIl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheOneBelowAIl

@CosmicSpiral said:

"
No Caption Provided
/thread "

Ah that does'nt show or say Lucifer is superior at all!

It's saying "death" has no claim on him, there's a difference...

Most retarded thing, I've ever had the experience to read.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer takes this.

Jim_Moriarty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucy

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer threatens death, and she confirms he could kill her.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer

theanimal666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lucifer universal get destroyed by universal concept

cosmoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer has punked Dream and threatened Death? Jeez, yeah he stomps.