• 68 results
#1 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sword vs The Knife

Aizen is replaced by a certain individual from another verse, all the other captains are slaughtered with impunity and now it is up to old man Yama to protect soul society from this alien threat, it appears that this visitor also uses the element of flame. (similar to this previous match)

Round 1:Hand to hand melee

Round 2: Shinkai v. Ashura mask

Round 3: Bankai v. Burner knife

This one is a firefight

v.

• Current till updated feats
  • Disregard fillers, disregard anime
  • Both in character
  • Reiatsu crush banned in the same manner 'Intimidation' is banned
  • starting distance 50 meters
  • Fight at night time (12:00 PM)
  • Fight in Fake Karakura (during Aizen attack)
  • To the Death

Who kills?

Who dies?

Discuss

#2 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Can I get some feats for Starjun? I never liked toriko so I've never really watched/read it. I can speak for bleach, but I can't really do research on starjun now, maybe when I get home...

#3 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Read at home, but I can say that yama is in for a fight in this one. I gots feats for both but I want to hear people argue in this thread.

My odds are leaning to star, but I want to hear opinions. He has high stats (durability) and can bypass defensive measures.

#4 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5437 posts) - - Show Bio

Starjun. He took hits from Toriko, and he's been giving Toriko a very hard time as well.

#5 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I'm not that far into Toriko yet, how well is his resistance to fire and things that burn? Even without bankai Yama has burned people to death/near death(just because he didn't want to kill them) with one move.

#8 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Pretty damn good, if he dies under one hit I would not make this fight

I just pick yama since his experience may prevent him from getting mulched

#9 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Okay then. As you said Yama does have an healthy amount of years(was it 1000 or higher?) of experience backing him up. If Yama goes bankai he is also surrounded by flames what are said to be as hot as the sun. He also can bring up the dead against Starjun as well. If Starjun gets touched by his bankai he should be gone.(As Yama says, it doesn't burn or heat up, it just blows away). Then again, I don't really know anything about Starjun atm.

#10 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Really early in the series lol( somewhere after they are trying to get the real Regal Mammoth), I've been busy with a lot more manga and some comics lol.

#12 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: ah, just wait until you go to the Ice hell (that is the turning point)

in regal mammoth you get a taste of Starjun (a bit)

#13 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5437 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Considering that Starjun's fire knife is hot enough to make the ground even melt, and can increase his body heat to the point that it can negate Coco's poisons that are strong enough to ignore durability and harm opponents with city level durability, it is assumed to be extremely high.

#14 Posted by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to give this to Yama on Rounds 1 and 3, not really sure about 2, since I don't know anything about Starjun or his mask. For round 1, I'm sure that Yama's hakuda and kido moves would grant him victory, since both are part of basic Shinigami unarmed combat strategies. For round 3, going by what @saiyan_earthling said, I'm certain that Yamamoto's bankai is by far superior to Starjun's burner knife.

I suspect that Yamamoto might win round 2, but unless I know more about the whole mask thing I wouldn't be able to determine that.

#15 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Ol' man Yama stomps

#16 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling: His knife can do that? Okay then, it's not better than Yama's though. His bankai literally just 'blows' away whatever it touches, there is no melting or heating or show of fire involved, it just instantly disintegrates.

#18 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: well maybe he doesn't stomp but I still think Yama edges this one out.

#19 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Can I get some feats for Starjun? I never liked toriko so I've never really watched/read it. I can speak for bleach, but I can't really do research on starjun now, maybe when I get home...

Got the facts yet?

#21 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Ah, no, sorry. I've gotten sidetracked by some work, and totally forgot to read Toriko this weekend ~.~ that plus watching Dreamhack Summer Assembly. Totally forgot about this, sorry man. =(

#22 Edited by Marshall_Long (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

Starjun stomps this power gap is way too high as Toriko is been getting OP lately.

#23 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Marshall_Long (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: If Yamamoto's not in bankai then he could get blitzed however if he is then it might take much longer since Starjun really wouldn't be able to get close to him.

#25 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Haha, I'll try my best, I'm a bit swamped right now, and currently about to be face rolled in a tourney and what not. I'll use Toriko as something fun to bring me out of depression after losing ^.^

#27 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: I already got toriko, use jjba homey or project arms

#28 Posted by Marshall_Long (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I don't fully understand the power of the Routine Couldn't he just imagine something like a bunch of swords and KO Yama from afar or something like that?

#29 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Marshall_Long (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Lol can he really do that?

#31 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@marshall_long: gotta wait for the next chapter, but he can always imagine cutting through yama's bankai

#32 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, now that I'm caught up on Toriko...

Round 1: Should go to Starjun without much difficulty.

Round 2: Still leaning towards Starjun

Round 3: If Yamamoto manages to land a blow with his bankai, then Starjun should be dead. However, Starjun still has a decent chance of winning with his physical stats and ultimate routine.

#33 Edited by Royal_Rumble_Man (513 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Royal_Rumble_Man (513 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

@royal_rumble_man: Who do you mean by "him and Chiyo"? Also, I'm really hoping they show some epic fight scenes with them :)

#37 Posted by Royal_Rumble_Man (513 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Royal_Rumble_Man (513 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

@royal_rumble_man: It's okay lol. At first I was like "When did this happen?" lol.

But yah, that's a great combo :)

#41 Posted by TheMagicStik (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

I think how they match up goes like this

Strength: Starjun

Speed: Yamamoto

Durability: Too close to call

Fighting Skill: Yamamoto

Destructive power: Yamamoto by a mile

Yamamoto might lose round one but round two, by Azura Mask I assume you mean Shiva helmet, Starjun doesn't really get much of a boost and Yamamoto gets a massive one so I'm going to give it to Yamamoto and then round three is a massive stomp in favor of Yamamoto, Yamamoto has the most rediculous Bankai I have seen so far in Bleach, puts him leagues ahead of everybody, he only loses to plot.

#42 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8963 posts) - - Show Bio

round 1 Starjin by a mile

round 2 close but edge yammamot barley and he might lose another arm in this fight

round 3 Stomp in favor of the death god

#43 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, looking back on this I think that Starjun mops the floor with Yamamoto :( I still like Yama more though

#44 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by ownagepants (4423 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as i love starjun yamamoto is captain of the court guard squad for a reason he was so powerful aizen knew he would not survive a straight up fight with him which aizen admitted yamamoto take this.

#46 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Cjdavis103 (8963 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by ownagepants (4423 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: mohawked sternritter that owned hitsugaya with his burner finger before cang du butts in to gloat with the stolen bankai

the guy that offset yama's flames

#50 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants: We are talking about a guy that stopped the rotation of a planet bigger than the earth witha casual punch here