Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

- There are over 50,000 members per each army

-Fight takes place all over U.S.A with numerous squadrons stationed per each state.

- Voldemort and Darth Vader will be the leaders of their respective armies

- 15 Days of preparation to spread out, gain enemy Intel and supplies

- Winner by surrender or death

- who'd win? For what reasons?

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

death eaters probably, some of them knows splashy spells like Voldemort and Bellatrix can conjure flaming snakes that could wipe out a 30-50 stormtroopers and movie troops are lousy marksmen, they can't even hit a skilled rebel lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm troopers own their weapons would own anything the Death eaters have to offer.

FailSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@failswitch: Sigh even in the movies stormies have proven to be decent shots lol.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cregan_Stark

I'm thinking the Storm Troopers and Death Eaters is a good match.

If Death Eaters play it smart and don't try to go head to head then they win, if they try to go head to head then they get picked off.

As much as I like Voldemort, I don't think he's a match for Vader.

So I'm going with Vader and the troopers.

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader builds a mini death star.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

The versatility that the Death Eaters have should be enough to give them the win

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Troopers.

If Vader's involved it's a stomp.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm troopers vader can prolly solo.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Iragexcudder

I think it would be a flawless victory in favor of the Death Eaters. Too much killing curse. Too much hax. Could do that smoke flying thing.

Troopers just have horrible aim

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there even 50,000 Death Eaters? Hell, according to author statement "There are about a thousand students at Hogwarts." And at most 25% (which is high end, probably more like 10%) of those are death eaters. That means it would take 200 years to get 50,000 Death Eaters from Hogwarts. Even if you presume that some came from the other schools at similar rates, it would still take decades, and half of them would be senile.

So yeah... This battle is illogical

On Topic

Including EU feats, you're average Stormtrooper is miles more impressive than your average wizard in terms of strategy and tactics. In addition, Vader is superior to literally everyone on the opposing team. As for Avada Kedavra, it has repeatedly been stopped by solid objects, and stormtroopers happen to be wearing rather solid plastoid armor, and the spells travel at a speed that your average teenager can avoid. So all in all, the only advantage that the Death Eaters have is Apparating, but they lack any sort of strategical feat that says they could effectively win a large scale battle, unlike the seasoned soldiers of the empire.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@jacthripper

Alright, let's start the debate on this. Let's start by saying you have a very wide pool of people, such as Bellatrix and such. But let's start off with a few spells that the storm troopers have no defense against. Such as impedmenta:

“Collo—” began Hermione, but before she could complete the spell the door had burst open and the two Death Eaters had come hurtling inside.

With a cry of triumph, both yelled:

“IMPEDIMENTA!”

-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 35: Beyond the veil.

Unknown purple flame-like spells which seems to be able to immobilize(again, which the storm troopers have no counter against). Also, they survived an immobilization spell themselves, nothing Vader could do in /that/ respect could harm them.

“Petrificus Totalus!” shouted Harry, as the second Death Eater raised his wand. His arms and legs snapped together and he fell forwards, face down on to the rug at Harry’s feet, stiff as a board and unable to move.

“Well done, Ha—”

But the Death Eater Hermione had just struck dumb made a sudden slashing movement with his wand; a streak of what looked like purple flame passed right across Hermione’s chest. She gave a tiny “Oh!” as though of surprise and crumpled on to the floor, where she lay motionless.

“HERMIONE!”

Once again, they resist immobilization(so the Storm trooper's stun guns will do nothing to them)

“STUBEFY!” shouted Neville, wheeling around and waving Hermione’s wand at the oncoming Death Eaters, “STUBEFY, STUBEFY!”

But nothing happened.

Not to mention the DE's have things like the Blasting curse at their disposal and crucio.

I notice people committ the common fallacy of saying "HAHA, TEENAGERS CAN AVOID THE SPELLS THEY'RE USELESS". These are not just any teenagers, these are humans with the ability to use magic that have been trained in Defense against the dark arts. Plus, Avada Kedavra isn't the end all, be all of the Death enters. You have that purple flame spell, other non-mentioned spells such as Bellatrix's spell of jet-red light, you have confringo(blasting curse), and so fourth. This, ontop of constant apparations around the Stormtroopers while firing spells will result in minimal casulaties for the Death eaters and massive travesties for the storm troopers. Now, as for Vader, what version are we talking? Because in all fairness EU vader would win this fight by himself, which makes it unfair. So I would hope that the OP takes him out of the equation.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure if Vader is not in the Death eaters should stomp. Voldemort can simply summon a giant snake and take out a majority of the storm troopers like that, then have his henchmen finish them off.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: I'll get into this later today, around 3 when I'm back from work. Looks like this will be a fun little debate.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get all over the muggle vs wizard threads and it's generally always in favor of "muggles" in a head on fight but losing in a systematic takeover.

Similiar here. Since this is an all out brawl, the stormies win. They stomp with vader. Decent enough tactics and use of foreign weapons is enough to deal with a wizard.

Wizards spells are impressive in concerns to their effects, but that is only if they hit. Instant death spell? Cool. Only good if it hits however and use of cover can prevent that.

Transmutation? Cool. Still has to hit though. Just deal with it like you do a gunshot (or in this case a blaster.) A blaster that in many cases instakills you like their spells. Don't expose yourself.

Do this and the stormtroopers will be able to take this, even with their invisibility/cloaking.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: I'm going to make this quick.

Stormtroopers Advantages

• Physically Superior
  • Heavily Armored
  • Advanced Training
  • Rigid Discipline
  • Hi-Tech High Lethality Weaponry
  • Tactical and Strategic Commendations
  • Estimable Skill Level (We have no idea what really qualifies as the "average" Death Eater)

Wizards Advantages

• Spell Variety

I notice people commit the common fallacy of saying "HAHA, TEENAGERS CAN AVOID THE SPELLS THEY'RE USELESS". These are not just any teenagers, these are humans with the ability to use magic that have been trained in Defense against the dark arts. Plus, Avada Kedavra isn't the end all, be all of the Death enters. You have that purple flame spell, other non-mentioned spells such as Bellatrix's spell of jet-red light, you have confringo(blasting curse), and so fourth. This, ontop of constant apparations around the Stormtroopers while firing spells will result in minimal casulaties for the Death eaters and massive travesties for the storm troopers. Now, as for Vader, what version are we talking? Because in all fairness EU vader would win this fight by himself, which makes it unfair. So I would hope that the OP takes him out of the equation.

No, it's a fully logical argument. If these spells can be avoided by teenagers, many who are not the least bit athletic (Neville, Luna, Hermione) then it stands to reason that they can easily be dodged by a group who is regularly and constantly in a warzone. I don't remember DAtDA ever teaching dodging. Harry is somewhat acceptable in that he's a Quidditch Player, but he runs around taking down Death Eaters with casual stuns spells. Furthermore, outside of his connection to Voldemort, Harry is a rather average wizard in most skills. Dumbledore , who was a high end wizard, was knocking them left and right. Don't pretend that Death Eaters are impressive in any way, they're just a bunch of wizards who ran around torturing the helpless, which is why they failed so badly at Hogwarts.

Also the fact that you think Vader could solo 50,000 Death Eaters is ridiculous.

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Storm Troopers 10/10. Yes, the Death Eaters have 1 shot spells, but as far as I've seen/read they only target one person. The Troopers on the other hand have miniguns that can fire god knows how many 1-shot kills per second and don't have to mutter some BS to do it. Plus their tactics are clearly superior. In that wizard war the Death Eaters pretty much just mobbed up and charged. Not going to do so well against a barrage of lasers.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@jacthripper

I see what your line of attack is. "Well, the spells exist but teenagers dodged them." Ok, yes, Avada Kedavra has most certainly been dodged on numerous occassions, but I've given you scenarios where DE's have resisted these "casual stun spells" and immobilized Hermonie and the others with very little effort.

There is no shame in losing to Dumbledore who is mentioned throughout the series to be one of the greatest wizards in the world. It is even said that Voldemort himself feared Dumbledore.

I simply can't see the Storm troopers dodging Confringo.

"As they soared upwards, away from the two remaining Death Eaters, Harry spat blood out of his mouth, pointed his wand at the falling sidecar, and yelled, Confringo! He knew a dreadful, gut-wrenching pang for Hedwig as it exploded [...]"

-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

And I don't think it's so ridiculous, EU vader moves at incredibly fast speeds, most of them wouldn't even see him coming.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormtroopers have Grenade launchers too, Deatheaters are doomed to fail

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: Mypoint is that, sure the Wizards can hit the stormtroopers with some of the spells, but they can't do it first. You have to understand that stormtroopers actually have very good accuracy in the EU. The Death Eaters would have to think of the spell to use, aim, and cast it. Stormtroopers just aim and shoot a blaster, which cannot be dodged by any man after it has been fired.

The other big point I had is that the Death Eaters have never been in a war or a real battle. They've also never had this many people before. There is no hierarchy in their structure, no organization, they're just running around behind Voldemort there's no strategical feet that suggest they can even scratch a storm trooper army.

How will the battle go down

I'd likely say that the death eaters and just milling around aimlessly with no formation, no structure, and they just get torn to shreds because the storm troopers could just start taking long range potshots, then splitting them up and taking them down.

I would say Vader couldn't solo 50,000 DE because just sheer numbers, I think he would exhaust himself before getting through 10,000. I do think he could solo Hogwarts as it was in Book 7.

zangetsusama01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormtroops win this due to

-actual battle training

-decent average feats ( only reason they didnt kill rebels was cause they were ordered not to by emperor

-their armour might be able to withstand ur average explosion considering they can take laser blasts.

-these guys are physically superior

- lazers can be shot and will hit within seconds, spells needa be said.

only impressive feats from death eaters were their high enders like bellatrix and voldy.

off topic : im actually curious i knw how OP jedi and sith are but is vader powerful enough to solo 50 k death eaters

i can see him doing it 5.1 of 10 personally just speed and force OP + his armour has been shown to be really resilient.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

death eaters

MrFact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrFact

There are a few reasons as to why the storm troopers would win.

1. The OP stated above that this battle is not an open field land-brawl with all 50,000 v 50,000 at once. This takes place across the entire US, which would give the ST an advantage due to strategy.

2. Battle Prowess.

As stated by zangetsusama01 above, the only reason their aim is considered poor is due to the fact that they were ordered by Palpatine to not actually kill certain members of the rebels on more than one occasion.

These troopers would have received the same training that the clones did, but would be genetically superior (being non-clones), and thus more formidable foes. If we do actually consider the EU, they are expert marksmen.

3. They would have vastly superior tactics.

Again, as was stated above, the DE have never demonstrated any kind of strategy or battle tactics, and rely on sheer force and number. That would go very, very badly for them. Sure they are very formidable against normal muggles and muggle tech, but this scenario has neither of those. Exactly how is a death eater going to fair against imperial starships? (obviously smaller ones such as tie-fighters, as we don't have the crew for a Destroyer) Let's assume, however, that there are no starships being used.

There are still the ATST's and ATAT's to contend with. I don't think that the DE have anything that can damage an ATAT, as they have withstood much larger blasts and firepower than whatever a DE could muster.

If we are relying solely on foot soldiers though, there are still blasters, mini-guns, grenades, grenade launchers, speeder bikes, and snipers. That last one would be particularly troublesome for a death eater, as their attacks do rely on line of sight, and they would almost never be close enough to a sniper to actually see them.

The DE also have tons of people who are literally clinically insane, which would really stymie any attempt at forming a strategy.

4. Darth Vader. This, just this.

If we are using EU Vader, this does literally become one sided. There are attacks that he can use, such as force destruction, that literally vaporizes anything it comes into contact with and has a massive damage radius. Or force cloak, allowing him to become invisible. Or even force repulse, which was essentially a small force nuke. The DE would just have nothing to stop or combat these.

Even if it is non EU Vader, he still takes this by storm.

-His precognition would allow him to see anything they do before they do it, and be ready to counter it. This is one of the reason that the Jedi had such a hard time with him.

-His unbelievable telekinesis. Exactly what defense would a DE have against a small house being hurled at them at high velocity? Even Voldemort would have a difficult time with this ability, he could deal with it, but it would be terribly distracting.

-Tutaminis gives him the ability to absorb ANY kind of energy including light sabers (Citation: Han shoots him and he just catches the laser. Palpatine force lightnings him and it does nothing to him, the only reason he died from it is that it shorted out his life support). He learned this one a bit later in his sith-hood, but would still have it here. This would render spells (a form of energy) absolutely useless against him. There is nothing they could do.

-Saber throw would just be devastating to the DE ranks.

So whether EU or not, the presence of Vader is a game changer, and eventually they will have to contend with him, even if they kill all of the troopers.

EDIT: It is also worth considering that among the ranks of the Storm troopers are Inquisitors and Dark Jedi, both of which would pose a major problem for the DE, as the are both ruthless and masters of the dark side.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormtroopers are expert marksmen EU or not, just to clarify so don't see the point in saying "well if you look at the EU" you don't really have to.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormtrooper keep missing them and die in seconds

Mad-eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death eaters, they could just teleport all the stormtroopers into space

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad-eye: yeah because a HP

DE has totally done that before

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Mad-eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what weapons do the storm troopers get?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

@wolfrazer: Voldemort has a better chance of beating Vader than a Stormtrooper does of hitting a barn with a blaster. Harry Potter team take this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo Ren solos

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stormies win.

Mad-eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who exactly are in each team? i mean do we have Snape or kylo Ren?

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Eaters due the preperation time. HP world has strength in utility. They have so many options to destroy stormtroopers its not even funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolfrazer

@ninjawarrior268: You clearly didn't watch the movies then, or know anything EU wise about em.

SirZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo Ren Ben Solos

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator

The Death Eaters are way too much hax and versatality, honestly.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking the Storm Troopers and Death Eaters is a good match.

If Death Eaters play it smart and don't try to go head to head then they win, if they try to go head to head then they get picked off.

As much as I like Voldemort, I don't think he's a match for Vader.

So I'm going with Vader and the troopers.

MBCB2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MBCB2001

nice thread

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@zangetsusama01 said:

stormtroops win this due to

-actual battle training

-decent average feats ( only reason they didnt kill rebels was cause they were ordered not to by emperor

-their armour might be able to withstand ur average explosion considering they can take laser blasts.

-these guys are physically superior

- lazers can be shot and will hit within seconds, spells needa be said.

only impressive feats from death eaters were their high enders like bellatrix and voldy.

off topic : im actually curious i knw how OP jedi and sith are but is vader powerful enough to solo 50 k death eaters

i can see him doing it 5.1 of 10 personally just speed and force OP + his armour has been shown to be really resilient.

- The wizards are duelling all the time and have been in 3 wars.

- So, the Death Eaters do not have feats? lol

- And yet the Death Eaters have more than explosions

- And yet the Death Eaters are arrow timers that have shields to withstand a waterfall's force rather easily

- Voldemort, Bellatrix, Malfoy, Dolohov, Yaxlley etc. can all spam AK non verbally

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Troopers...

Death Eaters are not blocking all of those Blasters

Mad-eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they had 15 days to prepare, wouldn't the death eaters have put protective charms all over the place?

Storm_Wizard7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Storm_Wizard7

The empire will definitely win because of the force. The death eaters will do avada kedavra big deal vader can mind trick the death eaters and have them fight for him, plus star destroyers, robots and tie fighters. The empire also can call reinforcements any time.

The best thing the death eaters can do is apparate all over the place only to get blasted by tie fighters and reinforcements.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormtroopers obliterate. Vader makes this a curbstomp.

RuizhiPieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_wizard7: Hmm, I like to see stormtroopers fighting a huge fire snake, and TIE fighters could easily be stopped, just a little swoosh and flick.

RuizhiPieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RuizhiPieter

@dark-sith123: I dont think Vader can stand 50 000 spells.