Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

With that said, let the games begin.

Wolverine and Deadpool will be settling their differences in a boxing ring. However, this isn't just a physical battle, it's also a mental one.

The fight will be announced 6 months prior to fight night. Both combatants will be living, breathing, bleeding, eating, sneezing, peeing and wheezing boxing right up until their bout. They'll both be given top of the line training, access to premier gyms, and will have a strict but fully beneficial exercise routine.

There will be a press conference weeks after the fight is announced, where both corners will be questioned by the public and will have the opportunity to meet face to face. Then, during the remaining time up until the fight, there will be frequent interviews, questions answered over social networking sites, and discussions taking place all over the internet. This will be the biggest fight in boxing since Ali vs Foreman.

Oh, and don't forget the weigh in the day before the fight.

Now, for the fight.

- Twelve, three minute rounds

- Standard boxing rules apply, so no claws..

- Both have their healing factors, Wolverine is adamantium

- Instead of their usual costumes, both boxers will be wearing shorts and boots

- Fight will be won by knockout, points or disqualification of opponent

Who's the better boxer? Who can win the mental game? Who has the coolest intro music?

..you decide!

Twelve rounds really take their toll..
Twelve rounds really take their toll..

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bone claw version: Wolverine

Adamantium, however, would give Wolverine the edge.

At the end of the day though, I see Deadpool cheating and scoring a win via that way. And when the announcer/ref calls him out on cheating, I see him killing them and asking anyone else if they got a problem with it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

I don't understand - you mean Wolverine wins either way?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Floopay

@floopay said:

Whoops I mean Bone Claw would go to Deadpool. Getting hit by him is enough to shatter Taskmaster's jaw through his mask.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6 god_spawn  Moderator

@floopay said:

@i_like_swords said:

@floopay said:

Whoops I mean Bone Claw would go to Deadpool. Getting hit by him is enough to shatter Taskmaster's jaw through his mask.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Bone claw Wolverine's healing factor was letting him get hit by Roughhouse, Hulk, and healing after getting run over by cars virtually instantaneously. I fail to see what Deadpool breaking Taskmaster's jaw through his mask has any merit to say he beats Wolverine?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Floopay

@god_spawn: That is true, I can't feasibly come up with a reason why striking power would be important in a boxing match....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 god_spawn  Moderator

@floopay: Hur dur. I'm saying your comparison is completely off. Breaking a person of average durability's jaw is somehow proof that he beats Wolverine despite BC Wolverine soaking much harder hits? Good point, Floopay. You really convinced me there...

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Tie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: What's your opinion of the fight? (This is adamantium Logan)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Hur dur. I'm saying your comparison is completely off. Breaking a person of average durability's jaw is somehow proof that he beats Wolverine despite BC Wolverine soaking much harder hits? Good point, Floopay. You really convinced me there...

Well with the overwhelming counter points thrown my way, I almost had too much motivation to come up with examples... :P

Though I would like to point out Deadpool regenerated his entire body in what seemed like less than a minute after he was melted and swallowed by Cable. He's also regenerated his entire head in 9 minutes, and that seemed considerably slow all things considered.

As for striking power, I almost hate debating for Deadpool, because all examples I have ever brought up get thrown back in my face as PIS. Whether it's him catching and punching Moonstone off her game, him fighting a host of secret Avengers while playing the defensive (just before Goliath got rocked by Ragnarok), him dancing around Sasquatch / getting in a couple good shots, knocking out and killing the Wizz (I forget his name, the one who fought Quasar), giving Captain America a smackdown, and a few other examples.

I specifically brought up the Taskmaster fight because Tony has a pretty high pain tolerance and it's the only time I recall him commenting about how hard someone's striking power is.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@i_like_swords: Wolverine eventually. He's already a pretty good fighter with just his fists, and he has some pretty ridiculous striking feats when he wants to hit hard enough with the adamantium. He's KO'd Roughhouse with his fists alone. He's cracked steel walls like marble with just a slight angry jab. He warped a massive sewer door with a punch, albeit his claws out for the penetration part. He and Wade can trade even punches if Wolverine is just throwing his usual punches, but when you consider his overall striking feats, Wolverine has much higher ones than Deadpool.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@floopay:

As for striking power, I almost hate debating for Deadpool, because all examples I have ever brought up get thrown back in my face as PIS. Whether it's him catching and punching Moonstone off her game, him fighting a host of secret Avengers while playing the defensive (just before Goliath got rocked by Ragnarok), him dancing around Sasquatch / getting in a couple good shots, knocking out and killing the Wizz (I forget his name, the one who fought Quasar), giving Captain America a smackdown, and a few other examples.

Because some of those are PIS, and you sometimes have a habit of forgetting or ignoring context when debating for Deadpool.

I specifically brought up the Taskmaster fight because Tony has a pretty high pain tolerance and it's the only time I recall him commenting about how hard someone's striking power is.

Pain tolerance does not equal durability. Someone that can get hit by speeding cars and class 100 hundred characters and heal before he hits the ground is in no comparison to Taskmaster.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Wolverine eventually. He's already a pretty good fighter with just his fists, and he has some pretty ridiculous striking feats when he wants to hit hard enough with the adamantium. He's KO'd Roughhouse with his fists alone. He's cracked steel walls like marble with just a slight angry jab. He warped a massive sewer door with a punch, albeit his claws out for the penetration part. He and Wade can trade even punches if Wolverine is just throwing his usual punches, but when you consider his overall striking feats, Wolverine has much higher ones than Deadpool.

Fair enough. I do tend to agree that Wolverine is the superior puncher. I'm still wondering who would make for a better boxer though. 75% of boxing is in the mind, and I can see Deadpool coming up with some completely unorthodox strategies which could throw Logan off. How do you think Logan would fair mentally during the build up to the fight?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Deadpool's healing factor is still equal (I would argue superior) to Wolverine's, even bone claw version. The guy healed from a puddle in little to no time, and was able to fully recover from parts of his body being blown off after Cable teleported inside of him on multiple occasions. Same goes with Cable constantly blowing his face off, as well as Punisher, and more than a few other examples.

As for PIS, Deadpool consistently does these things. How is it when Wolverine consistently does something, it's accepted, but when Deadpool consistently does something it's considered consistent PIS? I do understand that Deadpool has suffered from PIS, but not by as much as people claim. Yes, he was able to one up the Hulk, and yes Hulk was depowered at the time, hence why he could do what he did. That fight ended with Deadpool running away, but he did it nonetheless. Deadpool has been maimed in almost every conceivable manner at this point, and he always comes back.

Adamantium would easily sway this into Wolverine favor. But Bone Claw Wolverine vs. Bone Claw Deadpool, I honestly would side with Deadpool. Both can be KO'd, and Deadpool has been KO'd quite often, but he has also taken blows from Presten John on a few occasions while he had the Stellar Rod. He's taken blows from Hulk and Rulk without KOing, as well as Holocaust, Rhino, and a list of others. At the same time he has been KO'd by Taskmaster, and a host of other street levelers. He has feats on both ends of the spectrum, as does Wolverine.

But at the end of the day if this was Bone Claw Wolvie vs Deadpool (which to me would be as fair as you could make this) I would go with Deadpool.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I was apprehensive about this is that Wolverine is supposed to be A LOT faster when Bone Claw, and his healing factor is super charged. According to some of the feats posted by god_spawn Wolverine shouldn't even feel punches when he's bone claw because his healing is so fast, and I already know Deadpool at least feels a punch before it's healed.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

@i_like_swords: I'd still go with Wolverine. Deadpool has the better stature for being a boxer, but Wolverine's got some long arms on him. While Deadpool is more unpredictable, that doesn't always help him in a fight, and he has no prep to utilize, save for whatever training he does. Wolverine's already fought Deadpool enough times to fight through his craziness. Logan is also going to be able to take 90% of whatever attacks Deadpool is dishing out while Wolverine does have striking feats suggesting he could take him out. And if worse comes to worst, Wolverine can dig into that berserker of his and just snap. Not much Deadpool can really do to keep Logan off his game. Logan's worked with him, led him as a team, and just has had enough encounters with Deadpool, I don't see Wade having much of any advantage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I'd still go with Wolverine. Deadpool has the better stature for being a boxer, but Wolverine's got some long arms on him. While Deadpool is more unpredictable, that doesn't always help him in a fight, and he has no prep to utilize, save for whatever training he does. Wolverine's already fought Deadpool enough times to fight through his craziness. Logan is also going to be able to take 90% of whatever attacks Deadpool is dishing out while Wolverine does have striking feats suggesting he could take him out. And if worse comes to worst, Wolverine can dig into that berserker of his and just snap. Not much Deadpool can really do to keep Logan off his game. Logan's worked with him, led him as a team, and just has had enough encounters with Deadpool, I don't see Wade having much of any advantage.

What? 6months of training IS prep!

Besides this is a mismatch in favor of wolverine. Wolverine gets to box a meat sack, deadpool gets to box the hardest metal on planet...yeah because that's fair. =o/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodinson said:

@god_spawn said:

What? 6months of training IS prep!

Besides this is a mismatch in favor of wolverine. Wolverine gets to box a meat sack, deadpool gets to box the hardest metal on planet...yeah because that's fair. =o/

Wolverine has the advantage of harder punches. That's about it. A case could be made for literally anything else, for either guy. It's not uncommon in a boxing match for a lighter puncher to out-box his opponent.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.