• 123 results
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Winduizcool

Nightwing decides that Weapon X needs to be eliminated. So he heads for Canada. He first runs into Deadpool (who has standard gear).  Victory is by death or KO. Who wins? 

No Caption Provided
DEADLEAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DEADLEAF

I pick DP he has immortality. lets NW take the first shot then gose in for the kill.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#4  Edited By HaloKing343

Where did you get that AWSOME picture?

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reactor

(Ignoring the hax healing) I'd say Nightwing is certainly the better fighter. Overall Deadpool is not at Dick's level, but his style is so erratic, it's arguably as formidable in it of itself. In the end, I'd probably go with Nightwing via KO (for however long that lasts).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nightwing wins.

DEADLEAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEADLEAF
@Reactor:
Yeah but deadpools skilled in with guns and his katana swords. plus its not easy to KO DP and he teleports, so I give the belt to DP!  
TGalinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TGalinsky

Nightwing is a better fighter and over all smarter but Deadpool has super healing and regeneration which gives him the edge to beating him. Actually Nightwing has fought many stronger and faster people but has still won. 
I say Nightwing

DEADLEAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEADLEAF
@TGalinsky:
Yea true but.  NW can never completly beat DP he'll just come back again and annoy NW. NW is abetter fighter i agree but still cant defeat DP in a DEATHMATCH. DP takes it
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@DEADLEAF said:
 NW is abetter fighter i agree but still cant defeat DP in a DEATHMATCH. DP takes it "
That's a given.DP can't be killed.
TGalinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TGalinsky
@Vance Astro said:
" @DEADLEAF said:
 NW is abetter fighter i agree but still cant defeat DP in a DEATHMATCH. DP takes it "
That's a given.DP can't be killed. "
yeah but that's becaus NW doesn't kill so HA! lol
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@TGalinsky said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @DEADLEAF said:
That's a given.DP can't be killed. "
yeah but that's becaus NW doesn't kill so HA! lol "
Even if he did...Deadpool can't die.No matter what you do to him.He's cursed with life.When the world ends..he will still be here.
DEADLEAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEADLEAF
@TGalinsky:
NW is the better fighter but hes still human and DPs human too, but is cursed with immortality. he wins  
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By reactor

Immortality =/= Victory. Many, many comics have proven that time and time again. It doesn't matter how many times your heal if you're outclassed by your opponent.

DEADLEAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEADLEAF
@Reactor:
DP still has this with one gunfire.
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Winduizcool
@HaloKing343 said:
" Where did you get that AWSOME picture? "
I know. it is an awesome picture. I was randomly typing out battles between characters on Google images and eventually wondered who would win out of the two. So I typed it up and I stumbled on the picture and made this thread for the sake of it.
Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Walker696

People kill me underestimating Deadpool, all I hear about is his healing factor in fights. This is a guy who was about to kill Wolverine by himself. He's not some push over and he's not stupid. He was part of the reasons behind why the heroes won in the Secret Invasion. He even choked a guy to death with two fingers. He's skilled and strong. While Nightwing is a great fighter I don't think he is ready for this fight especially if its death or KO. If Nightwing had to get by him or accomplish a goal than yea I can see him winning but not against a trained killer who is not only hard as all get out to kill, he's also very, very, very random. I know Joker is crazy but I thought he has fantasies about he Olsen twins.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#18  Edited By HaloKing343
@Winduizcool said:
" @HaloKing343 said:
" Where did you get that AWSOME picture? "
I know. it is an awesome picture. I was randomly typing out battles between characters on Google images and eventually wondered who would win out of the two. So I typed it up and I stumbled on the picture and made this thread for the sake of it. "

You should find out. If  this was part of a limited series thing then I want to read it.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By castleking
the enhanced human with the deadly arsenal ftw.

the amount of collateral damage dp can unleash would ko NW easy. also DP's  superhuman strength as low as as it is should be able to seriously damage NW when he connects.
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zaterra

Nightwing
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By why so serious

Nightwing, though not easily.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Ferro Vida
@castleking said:
" the enhanced human with the deadly arsenal ftw.

the amount of collateral damage dp can unleash would ko NW easy. also DP's  superhuman strength as low as as it is should be able to seriously damage NW when he connects.
"
Deadpool doesn't have superhuman strength, and he is not nearly good enough a fighter to beat Nightwing.
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lupine

DP. He just has too much stamina for Nightwing. After all you people do realize that technically speaking a healing factor ups your basic athleticism; well and truly your stamina increases because your hf counteracts the toxins created by continued muscle movement That alone would be enough to wear Dick down in a prolonged fight and then the healing makes it worst because every time Dick hurts him it doesn't really matter, meanwhile DP is tearing him down by inches. 

Also DP is an insane h2h combatant; both literally and figuratively. He is erratic, so much so that he surprises people and gets wins in ways that no one ever would expect and likewise he's skilled enough that he's gone toe to toe with some of Marvel's best and evenly so.  I kind of have to agree that people underestimate DP a lot. 

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lupine

DP. He just has too much stamina for Nightwing. After all you people do realize that technically speaking a healing factor ups your basic athleticism; well and truly your stamina increases because your hf counteracts the toxins created by continued muscle movement That alone would be enough to wear Dick down in a prolonged fight and then the healing makes it worst because every time Dick hurts him it doesn't really matter, meanwhile DP is tearing him down by inches. 

Also DP is an insane h2h combatant; both literally and figuratively. He is erratic, so much so that he surprises people and gets wins in ways that no one ever would expect and likewise he's skilled enough that he's gone toe to toe with some of Marvel's best and evenly so.  I kind of have to agree that people underestimate DP a lot. 

Avatar image for rolandthunder25
Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rolandthunder25

Nightwing can go toe to toe with Slade, and is use to dealing with people who think outside the box like Deadpool (who can be quite tricky at times) so I would have to go with Nightwing on this one based on feats and experience...but he would make Nightwing nearly kill him to stop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6a52928f1f0
deactivated-5e6a52928f1f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Walker696 said:

People kill me underestimating Deadpool, all I hear about is his healing factor in fights. This is a guy who was about to kill Wolverine by himself. He's not some push over and he's not stupid. He was part of the reasons behind why the heroes won in the Secret Invasion. He even choked a guy to death with two fingers. He's skilled and strong. While Nightwing is a great fighter I don't think he is ready for this fight especially if its death or KO. If Nightwing had to get by him or accomplish a goal than yea I can see him winning but not against a trained killer who is not only hard as all get out to kill, he's also very, very, very random. I know Joker is crazy but I thought he has fantasies about he Olsen twins.

This 1000x this.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By D3athstroke

Deadpool peope here love to ignor that he is more skilled than Taskmaster has better Hf then Wolverine and has enchanted strength

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Dex_Starr

Deadpool wins

@D3athstroke said:

Deadpool peope here love to ignor that he is more skilled than Taskmaster has better Hf then Wolverine and has enchanted strength

People ignore it because all of it is hogwash.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chibio
Deadpool wins.

@D3athstroke said:

Deadpool is actually not more skilled then Taskmaster, he just has a crazy fighting style. That was too much for Taskmaster. He was not able to copy Deadpools moves. 
Deadpool has not better H2H skills then Wolverine, but Deadpool isn't unskilled either. He defeated Wolverine before, because Deadpool is skilled aswell and Wolverine brawled too much, instead of staying calm and trying to overskill Deadpool. 
And yeah, Deadpool has superstrenght, but not many people believe it, since he is not demostrating it on a regular basis. Yet there was an instance where he said, that the experiment gave him also super strenght.
Beerhappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Beerhappy

Merc with a Mouth takes this one. He is way to unpredictable in H2H to think anyone could just own him.

GuruOfFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By GuruOfFunk

I agree with what people are saying about Nightwing but I just think that Deadpool would prove too much for him.

ShadowPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShadowPanther

Deadpool easily

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thanobomb1124

DP wins easly

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Hard to believe people picking Nighwing for this.

If Nightwing thinks he's going to shut Weapon X down, he's deranged.

Deadpool, in a random encounter and barring stupid plot devices, definitely beats Nightwing.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BarelyAverage

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Hard to believe people picking Nighwing for this.

If Nightwing thinks he's going to shut Weapon X down, he's deranged.

Deadpool, in a random encounter and barring stupid plot devices, definitely beats Nightwing.

I agree. Good fight at first and a good show of skill initially but Nightwing has no way of putting DP.

TheGingerNeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheGingerNeil

I LOVE both. But for this I would have to say Deadpool for this simple reason: Nightwing has trained and trained to fight. Deadpool has trained and trained.....to kill. You could put this in the time where Deadpool is cured of his cancer and loses his healing factor. It would make it a fair fight.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By mavfan626

Deadpool would destroy Nightwing...

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By robertloucksjr

Deadpool. Better physically and that healing factor makes it not really that close.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Deadpool.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CalebHara

Nightwing would wing because of the match being to death OR ko, i think that Grayson could render Deadpool unconscious before DP could kill him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Floopay

@CalebHara said:

Nightwing would wing because of the match being to death OR ko, i think that Grayson could render Deadpool unconscious before DP could kill him.

Gotta take into account Deadpool carries a much more lethal arsenal than Nightwing. Now in a h2h fight, I would say you have a great point. But in standard gear, Deadpool's arsenal is just much more deadly. And the two have gotta be about equals in terms of skill.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CalebHara

@Floopay: Thats a great point, but do you think that Deadpools lethal arsenal could triumph over Graysons seemingly larger arsenal of gadgets designed to incapacitate?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Floopay

@CalebHara said:

@Floopay: Thats a great point, but do you think that Deadpools lethal arsenal could triumph over Graysons seemingly larger arsenal of gadgets designed to incapacitate?

Absolutely. This thread was created when Deadpool still had his healing factor, which is going to be hard to contend with. Then, add to that we have Deadpool's explosives, and his pinpoint accuracy with fire arms. Plus he carries automatic weapons, and he's extremely well trained with his katanas, and throwing weapons. These all come standard for Deadpool. It's going to be harder for Grayson to overcome lethal force than it is going to be for Wade to overcome non-lethal force IMO.

They are probably equals in training, and had this been more limited on gear, Grayson would stand a much better chance, and could probably triumph. But as it stands I would give it to Deadpool.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

In these conditions Deadpool would win handily.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By darktiger

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

No way nightwing wins

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jashro44

@darktiger said:

No way nightwing wins

No he loses.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By darktiger

@jashro44 said:

@darktiger said:

No way nightwing wins

No he loses.

how

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mattersuit

Thing is, Deadpool's standard gear is being armed to the teeth with things that are designed to kill. If he wanted, he could just bullet spam everywhere. He's likely to kill Nightwing before Nightwing can get a KO

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jashro44

@darktiger: Deadpool holds every advantage except acrobatics. But the main advantage would be how is nightwing going to drop him?

rooktone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rooktone

Intro

I thought about this WAAAAAAAY more than I should have. But let me take a shot at it. I'll try to be as unbiased as possible and stick to only facts. If I'm wrong about anything then please call me out (don't just say, no your wrong because my mom said so. Lets have a debate, not a pissing match)

First of, Deadpool is fucking awesome. He's the coolest. No one is going to debate it. He's lethal. But I have to give the fight to Nightwing. Its a close one, but the longer I think about it, the less I can see Nightwing losing.

Lets get the biggest issue out of the way. Morals. I've seen a few people bring up the whole 'Nightwing doesn't kill' business and think its somehow valid. Its really irrelevant in this fight. Deadpool is immortal. He can't die through traditional means. If you were facing someone like this, would you hold back? Both of these guys are gonna go at it with everything they have.

The only way Nightwing is gonna win is by being resourceful, versatile and incapacitating him. The only way Deadpool is gonna win is by catching Nightwing offguard or overwhelming him. I don't see any fairer way to pair these two or how the fight would go.

Powers and Weapons:

Deadpool has an unstable healing ability but regardless of damage, he always seems to come back.

He is a decent swordsman and brings a mega amount of firepower with him.

Lastly, he can teleport. This is most definitely his biggest pro against Nightwing. Fun fact though, this isn't a 'power'. Deadpool teleports through technology :) Go read the Deadpool/Cable comics. They're brilliant.

Fighting style:

Deadpool is a spray and pray, hack and slash type. Part of the reason he is one of the best assassins in Marvel is his crazy brutal style. He swings his swords pretty much everywhere and his guns/grenades usually leave a mess.

Armor:

This is kind of irrelevant. He wears Spandex and usually relies on his healing factor.

Nightwing:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Nightwing_(Young_Justice)#Powers_and_Abilities

I saw an earlier post complaining that these sounded overpowered and unrealistic. I would have to disagree. What makes this more realistic is that he was taken in at a very early age and trained by the Batman. The best martial artist in the world. Beforehand, he was a child prodigy acrobat and is regarded as the most agile human in the DC universe. At one pre new 52, Nightwing took on the role of Batman as it appeared Batman had been killed (and while he will never be a Bruce Wayne, he did a decent job). It was agreed among most the heroes in DC that Dick was the only one who could replace him. That should speak volumes about his actual skill.

Fighting style: These are important. Nightwing focuses in two martial arts more so than the ones he was taught by Batman. These are Escrima and Aikido.

Escrima

is a filipino martial art. Having studied this for a few years I can talk about it from personal experience. In the Philippines, knives are way more popular than guns. During the Spanish colonization of the Philippines, the Spaniards had a very rough time with the Tribesmen who had mastered a weapons based martial art. Even though the Spanish were armed with basic firearms, they had a very difficult time taking the beaches and subduing the residents.

Due to the high population of knife crime, this martial art has a philosophy that differs from others. In arts such as Judo or Muay Thai, there is an exchange of blows and blocks until one fighters fells another. In Escrima (especially when blades are involved), the fighters have the mentality that they cannot afford to get hit. EVEN ONCE. These days, the art has been adopted to less lethal methods such as using sticks or small blades. Hell I've even seen an office worker use a combination of his shoe and a ballpoint pen to beat some thugs. Its all about disarming, staying away from your opponents weapons and making sure you control the pace of the fight.

More info here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskrima

Aikido

This art is less familiar to me so I had a friend who practised it give me the run down. It is a martial art which focuses on moving your opponent in such a way that he applies the force, and your misdirect it. The idea is to take your opponent down while spending as little energy as possible. This is part of the reason Dick has less of a ground and pound style which Batman is used to.

Armor:

Nightwing definitely has the fight here. His suit is designed to be stab proof (maybe not from a Katana), bullet resistant, provide reasonable shield from heat, explosions fire and is totally insulated against electricity. Its designed to provide maximum protection and flexibility to compliment his fighting style. In a recent new 52 Nightwing comic, he took 2 bullets in the back from a helicopter mounted mini-gun and lived. It winded him but it was not enough to put him down. Safe to say, in order for deadpool to drop him, grazes or side shots would not suffice. He would need a straight shot.

The Fight:

So here's where it gets interesting and also very opinionated. We cannot predict every single scenario that would occur and guess which way it would go. Some people say stupid shit like 'deadpool teleports into Nightwings bedroom and slits his throat'. Or, "Nightwing would just invent a solvent spray and melt Deadpool". These are the sperm that won people.

Anyway, what I'll do is try to set the situation up in a way that makes sense and we'll go from there. I will try to describe how characters would act according to their persona's and see what happens.

Firstly, their is the psychological element. As with most comics and hero fights, there is a lot of smack talk. Thing is, both of these characters are regarded as some of the most witty in their universe. It is very unlikely that either one would be able to get into eachothers head. Nightwing has dealt with the craziest (you know who I'm talking about) and Deadpool has dealt with the stubbornest.

At a range deadpool wins. It all comes down to a simple question. Could Nightwing hold out long enough for deadpool to run out of ammo, or get close enough to disarm. Most likely nightwing would use a smoke bomb to remove the threat of gunfire but for this scenario, lets say he doesn't have one.
Deadpool has been known to be goofy but when he's serious he's quite a focused individual. However I notice a pattern with his gunfire. Whenever he is shooting in the comics, accuracy is not on his list. He is either fighting waves of enemies or guys strong enough to take more than a few bullets.

Nightwing however has made a career out of avoiding gunfire. Look up any old dc animated feature and you will usually see Batman, Robin or Nightwing dodging bullets from multiple assailants. It is very unlikely that deadpool would be able to hit him under these conditions. Now it moves into CQC.

The first thing people say is that the swords would beat the Escrima sticks. I'm not even going to entertain this one. Nightwings sticks have taken much worse damage. Wolverines claws would surely slice the sticks to pieces. But not Deadpool's Katanas. For all intents and purposes, this is a dual weapons fight where both enemies are usually equally durable weapons.

It comes down to which one of them is really the better fighter.

Who is better at using their environment to their advantage?

Who is the better martial artist?

Who is more likely to out think the other?

Who has the better equipment?

Who has better training?

Who has better tools?

Who has the edge on beating the odds?

In almost all of these cases. The answer is almost certainly Nightwing. The immportality is definitely an issue, but if Nightwing can beat the likes of clayface (regenerative) and lady shiva (master assassin) and deadshot (master marksman) then Deadpool has his work cut out.

One honourable mention is deadpool's teleportation abilty. This is kind of the trump card in deadpools arsenal. I don't know if Nightwing has ever dealt with that kind of enemy before and it does seem to give deadpool an edge. However, I am not confident that given everything else mentioned, deadpool would be able to best Nightwing.

Hope you all had a good read and learned a thing or two in the process. PEACE.

PS. I'm aware that escrima is spelt with a K in the wiki article. But my instructor has told me to spell it with a C so who am I to argue.