• 188 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#151 Posted by k4tzm4n (49168 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone loves Deadpool for "getting slapped around and screwing up," then they clearly aren't actual Deadpool fans.

Staff
#152 Posted by k4tzm4n (49168 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of like saying "I love Wolverine, especially when writers put him through the meat grinder just to show off his healing factor. Hooray for forgetting about skills because a healing factor is involved!"

Staff
#153 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool easily.

#154 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
Deadpool.
#155 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Deadpool.
#156 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go against the grain here and say Deadpool..

#157 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool by a large margin

His skill showings and physical stats are superior to Moon Knights...

Dont get me wrong, Moon Knight is awesome, i enjoy his character when its written properly

But Deadpool is the superior combatant

#158 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 said:

Deadpool easily.

#159 Posted by crabtree (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool wins!

#160 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Deadpool easily.

#161 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Deadpool wins this fairly easy.

#162 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Vance Astro said:

Deadpool wins this fairly easy.

agreed

#163 Posted by Strider92 (16737 posts) - - Show Bio

If Moon Knight hasn't got his Carbonadium gear or prep then Deadpool wins easily.

#164 Posted by dondave (38555 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool wins this

#165 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool should win.

#166 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool

#167 Posted by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxwell64

said:

"If the fight is hand to hand Moon Knight, but if there are weapons Deadpool would win.

"

Deadpool is a better fighter than Moon Knight.

No.

#168 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

No.

I wish you could see my face when you bump a thread this old to say no to something that's completely true.

Moderator
#169 Edited by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@cyberwarrior said:

No.

I wish you could see my face when you bump a thread this old to say no to something that's completely true.

Hey, I'm free to express my opinion. As a matter of fact, Deadpool ain't better than MK in hand-to-hand combat.

#170 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@cyberwarrior said:

No.

I wish you could see my face when you bump a thread this old to say no to something that's completely true.

Hey, I'm free to express my opinion. As a matter of fact, Deadpool ain't better than MK in hand-to-hand combat.

Did you bother to read past the first page of this thread? Or did you just see this comment and replied to it? Because those scans have already been addressed and discussed.

#171 Edited by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
#172 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

Hey, I'm free to express my opinion.

You are but if you're going to bump something it would be nice if your post had more substance than "No".

As a matter of fact, Deadpool ain't better than MK in hand-to-hand combat.

Moon Knight isn't a better fighter than a serious Deadpool and there's few that are. Moon Knight fights characters that are actually praiseworthy for their skill almost never and when he does there's always some type of variable or plot device that keeps him in the fight or makes it look like he's winning.

Moderator
#173 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio
#174 Edited by daredevil21134 (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight is one of my favorites but I don't think he can beat a serious Deadpool

#175 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@cyberwarrior said:

No.

I wish you could see my face when you bump a thread this old to say no to something that's completely true.

Hey, I'm free to express my opinion. As a matter of fact, Deadpool ain't better than MK in hand-to-hand combat.

Is that why Deadpool fought Captain America in close quarters combat while Moon Knight just stood there and did nothing but interrupt the fight?

#176 Posted by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: You can belittlу anyones feats by ascribing them to "variable plot devices".

#177 Edited by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@vance_astro: You can belittlу anyones feats by ascribing them to "variable plot devices".

You really can't. If a plot device is why it looks close or the character wins then it's not a feat at all. I'm also not "belittling" Moon Knight feats. I'm giving you the facts. I can't think of two many characters he's beaten or really held his own against with a respectable track record in combat that he simply held his own against where he lasted under his own skills. That was your cue to suggest something that disprove what I said, instead of chalking my argument up to "belittling" feats.

Moderator
#178 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

Back in the 80's/90's, Moon Knight was a lot more skilled and resrouceful then he appears now. (kind of like how Deadpool was when he was first introduced)

He's had pretty decent fights with Hobgoblin, Punisher, Nick Fury, DD, even Spiderman.

His recent fights don't mean a lot, because they revamped his character too much and he's barely what he used to be.

#179 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro:

Back in the 80's/90's, Moon Knight was a lot more skilled and resrouceful then he appears now. (kind of like how Deadpool was when he was first introduced)

I've read older Moon Knight books. In fact i've read every issue of Moon Knight up until the Bendis run. I don't recall Moon Knight fighting alot of skilled characters. Now of course with any character the amount of times you fight a character is actually alot less than half the time the character fights but Moon Knight comics are like what 6-7 volumes worth of books?

@cf12793 said:

He's had pretty decent fights with Hobgoblin, Punisher, Nick Fury, DD, even Spiderman.

The Hobgoblin & Spider-Man aren't good fighters they just outclass Moon Knight in terms of physicals ability and in Hobgoblin's case, more so his arsenal, but as every street level hero has shown, a little skill trumps physical ability and weapons any day. He did stalemate the Punisher but his best fight with DD was during Shadowland and I don't recall the details but judging by how easily Shadowland DD defeated Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Wolverine, & Shang Chi, Moon Knight did alot better than he should have. When they fought in Moon Knight's book, I believe there was something hindering Daredevil's radar sense. He was REALLY blind during that fight. IIRC Daredevil was able to counter some of Moon Knight's moves only by luck. As far as Fury is concerned I don't actually remember them fighting, just Fury shooting and Moon Knight dodging.

Moderator
#180 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

I agree with you that Hobgoblin and Spidey aren't skilled fighters, but their physical enhancements do greatly exceed Moon Knight's, to the point where I believe they both could have won easily. Deadpool may be more skilled then Hobgoblin and Spiderman, but I think they can dish out a lot more damage then DP can and the fact that he was able to fight them and hold his own against them, albeit briefly, is still impressive.

the Moon Knight/Fury fight actually did turn into a H2H fight, both were able to get pretty equal shots in. I'm not sure whether Nick Fury is a better H2H combatant then Deadpool, but from what the Marvel Handbooks say atleast, he's supposed to be a lot better then Moon Knight. However, the Marvel Handbooks are really all over the place with their rankings so I have no idea if this is actually true or not.

#181 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro:

I agree with you that Hobgoblin and Spidey aren't skilled fighters, but their physical enhancements do greatly exceed Moon Knight's, to the point where I believe they both could have won easily. Deadpool may be more skilled then Hobgoblin and Spiderman, but I think they can dish out a lot more damage then DP can and the fact that he was able to fight them and hold his own against them, albeit briefly, is still impressive.

The thing is, with Spider-Man he holds back most of the time on top of the fact that he's not a very good fighter. A serious Spider-Man would utterly destroy Moon Knight 100% of the time. Deadpool is not only more skilled then Hobgoblin & Spider-Man he's trained to kill and is willing to do so. Beating Hobgoblin is impressive because of his arsenal but although Hobgoblin outclasses Moon Knight I don't know if he outclasses Deadpool and on top of it Deadpool is a skilled fighter. Alot more skilled in comparison.

@cf12793 said:

the Moon Knight/Fury fight actually did turn into a H2H fight, both were able to get pretty equal shots in. I'm not sure whether Nick Fury is a better H2H combatant then Deadpool, but from what the Marvel Handbooks say atleast, he's supposed to be a lot better then Moon Knight. However, the Marvel Handbooks are really all over the place with their rankings so I have no idea if this is actually true or not.

Fury isn't that good. He doesn't have alot of showings. The Handbook always gave him alot more credit in combat than his showings ever proved.

Moderator
#182 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

Agreed that Spider-Man would wreck Moon Knight if he was 100% serious, but then again, a 100% serious Spider-Man would just about wreck any street leveler, including Deadpool. People that are more skilled then Moon Knight such as Shang Chi and Daredevil have had just about as much luck with fighting Spider-Man as Moon Knight did. In fact, I believe Deadpool has had less success fighting Spider-Man then Moon Knight has.

I'm not really sure what the outcome would be of Deadpool vs. Hobgoblin. Deadpool has more skill, but Hobgoblin does have a significant strength advantage over DP as well as some pretty powerful weaponry that could leave Deadpool immobilized if Hobgoblin stays out of DP's range.

Fury doesn't have many showings, but according to the Handbooks, he's supposed to be a capable H2H combatant. Reason I included him was because you were looking for a showing of Moon Knight fighting someone with more skill then him, and according to Marvel, Fury is more skilled then Moon Knight.

#183 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro:

Agreed that Spider-Man would wreck Moon Knight if he was 100% serious, but then again, a 100% serious Spider-Man would just about wreck any street leveler, including Deadpool. People that are more skilled then Moon Knight such as Shang Chi and Daredevil have had just about as much luck with fighting Spider-Man as Moon Knight did. In fact, I believe Deadpool has had less success fighting Spider-Man then Moon Knight has.

I'm not really sure what the outcome would be of Deadpool vs. Hobgoblin. Deadpool has more skill, but Hobgoblin does have a significant strength advantage over DP as well as some pretty powerful weaponry that could leave Deadpool immobilized if Hobgoblin stays out of DP's range.

Fury doesn't have many showings, but according to the Handbooks, he's supposed to be a capable H2H combatant. Reason I included him was because you were looking for a showing of Moon Knight fighting someone with more skill then him, and according to Marvel, Fury is more skilled then Moon Knight.

Spider-Man shouldn't have to be 100% serious to easily beat Moon Knight, in the era in which they fought that's just how he was written though. Anyone who was more skilled than Spider-Man could hang, despite the grocery list of advantages he has over non-superhuman superheroes.Moon Knight shouldn't even be able to touch Spider-Man because of his spider-sense and MASSIVE speed advantage. Deadpool may not have had the same success fighting Spider-Man that Moon Knight has had but Moon Knight's showings against him are PIS to begin with.

As far as the Hobgoblin is concerned it depends on which version of Hobgoblin Moon Knight fought and which one we're talking about. I'm not a fan of the character and don't really care about him so i'm not sure who was wearing the costume at that point but i'm not really sure that any version of Hobgoblin has a significant strength advantage over Deadpool. Deadpool's strength IS superhuman. How strong any version of Hobgoblin is, is beyond me. I know for a fact that none of them are stronger than Spider-Man or nowhere even hear that. Some of them don't even have superhuman strength at all. There is also the fact that Deadpool has fought tons of superhumans himself (Moonstone,T-Ray,Tiger Shark,Juggernaut,Kraven the Hunter,Sabretooth,etc.) and even fought whole teams (Secret Avengers,Thunderbolts,Great Lakes Avengers,X-Men etc.). I don't think Hobgoblin especially at the point in which Moon Knight fought him would be much of a threat. Whatever advantages Hobgoblin has over Moon Knight would be amplified in comparison to what he may have over Deadpool, if there is even any advantages he has. Deadpool has an extensive arsenal, superhuman physical ability, he's alot more skilled than Hobgoblin.

Handbooks have proven to be inaccurate time and time again. There is some things in them that can't be desputed but It's not "Marvel's" words in the book stating where each character should be listed. Those entries are written by writers, and (as you may be able to tell from reading comics yourself) different writers have different interpretations of how powerful, how skilled, how fast, how smart each character is. I mean if you go by ratings than Gladiator is one of the best fighters in the Marvel Universe. Despite his lack of decent training and massive lack of skill showings I believe the Marvel handbook rates him a 6 or a 7. Which means he's either mastered every style of combat or mastered many styles of combat, and in fact he's mastered nothing. He was trained by Deathbird whom herself is a mediocre combatant and master of nothing and wouldn't be anymore skilled than Iron Man, or Hulk or any other superhero with limited training. In fact Iron Man probably has better skill showings than Deathbird.

Moderator
#184 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

I agree that whenever Spider-Man fights someone who has significantly lower physical advantages then he does, the fight is not written in Spider-Man's favor. Most of the fights with non superpowered people (Daredevil, Moon Knight, Kingpin, Shang Chi) were written during an era where Spider-Man's physical abilities weren't really established or they were further establishing a new character and a fight with Marvel's most popular hero would build up their reputation a little more. IIRC the first time Daredevil and Spider-Man crossed paths, Daredevil was still a fairly new character at that point and he won the fight pretty easily. Nowadays, with Spider-Man being a better fighter then he had been in previous decades and his physical levels fully established, characters like Deadpool or Moon Knight, despite being more skilled then Spidey is, really shouldn't be a problem for him.

There have been a few Hobgoblins over the years, but I always figured they were around the same physical level as the Green Goblin (so 10 ton strength and enhanced speed/durability/reflexes). I admit that I'm no expert on the Hobgoblin and I do believe that his levels of strength and speed have fluctuated over the years , but Deadpool's strength level has fluctuated over the years aswell. When the character was first introduced, he was supposed to be around Deathstroke's strength level (between 800 lbs and 2 tons) as well as being a lot more intelligent and serious then how we know him today. Almost nothing is written in stone when it comes to Deadpool. Almost every writer he has had has either added an ability/power or taken one away. I don't know if the current Deadpool's strength is superhuman, but in the latest issue of his solo series, he was able to knock down a steel door with a single kick, so he's either superhuman or enhanced human.

Nick Fury should, at the very least, have some skill in H2H combat. After being a spy, soldier, and the leader of SHIELD, I'd assume he's been trained in one or a few forms of H2H combat. At the very least, he should have basic training in H2H combat from his Military service. I don't think he's at the level of Batman or Captain America, but then again, neither is Moon Knight.

BTW, just so you know, I'm not making a case for Moon Knight here, I do agree with you that Deadpool would win. But if this is a 100% serious Moon Knight fighting a 100% Deadpool, I think Deadpool would have his work cut out for him.

#185 Edited by Jmarshmallow (8944 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool wins handily! He's Moon Knight's superior in everything besides...idk, tactics maybe? Deadpool has been doing alright as far as prep goes, so I'm not even sure about that one.

Either way, my man DP got this one in the bag.

Jmarshmallow

#186 Edited by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793

said:

Nick Fury should, at the very least, have some skill in H2H combat. After being a spy, soldier, and the leader of SHIELD, I'd assume he's been trained in one or a few forms of H2H combat. At the very least, he should have basic training in H2H combat from his Military service. I don't think he's at the level of Batman or Captain America, but then again, neither is Moon Knight.

I'm not saying that Nick isn't skilled he's just not as skilled or more so then Moon Knight. If they were to fight Moon Knight would probably win the majority unless Fury had prep time.

@cf12793 said:

But if this is a 100% serious Moon Knight fighting a 100% Deadpool, I think Deadpool would have his work cut out for him.

It depends on Moon Knight's equipment. If he has the carbonadium armor, Deadpool may have some trouble. In his regular Moon Knight costume, he doesn't stand a chance against Deadpool. He's almost incapable of even hurting Deadpool and with his physical advantages and skill there isn't much he has going for him that would really make DP work for the win.

Moderator
#187 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool stomps.

#188 Edited by WarlordEternal (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool with moderate effort.