#1 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool Vs. Gambit

Rules

Morals on

Gambit has his staff and 1 deck of cards

Deadpool has twin swords, sub machine guns, pistol and two knifes (1 clip in each gun)

Random Encounter

Win via KO or Death only

who wins and why!?

#2 Posted by ozeol (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool. I like Gambit and I think he'll hold his own for a while dodgin bullets but he will eventually get shot or beaten up by Deadpool who'se got better H2H skills.

Gambit's cards should also be easy enough to dodge for DP who also dodges bullets regularly.

They met before in a Gambit solo issue and Remy confirmed that he would be not match for DP so he bribed him instead lol

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@ozeol said:

Deadpool. I like Gambit and I think he'll hold his own for a while dodgin bullets but he will eventually get shot or beaten up by Deadpool who'se got better H2H skills.

Gambit's cards should also be easy enough to dodge for DP who also dodges bullets regularly.

They met before in a Gambit solo issue and Remy confirmed that he would be not match for DP so he bribed him instead lol

This

#4 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool

#5 Posted by ozeol (505 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way does anyone know if Gambit can disintegrate material with his touch (without the explosion)? He makes the molecules/atoms in objects unstable when he "charges" them which is why they blow to bits. So disintegration should be a logical extension to his powers?

#6 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@ozeol said:

#7 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Wade Wilson FTW.

#8 Posted by Joygirl (19286 posts) - - Show Bio

DEEEEEEEEYDPWAAAAAAH.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it to Remy.

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio
@ozeol said:

Gambit meant he wouldn't be a match for him in his present state, if Remy was fully rested, he likely would not have backed down....

still I think Gambit would lose
#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool for a majority.

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Deadpool for a majority.

Why?

#13 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Deadpool for a majority.

Why?

Mainly due to Deadpool's healing ability. I think Deadpool also has superior h2h/weapons combat skills, and that once he got frustrated enough from Gambit dodging his gun fire, he would close the 10 meter gap and KO (or kill) him at melee range. Besides successful dodging I think Remy can also tag him, but I am not sure he can KO him, as Wade can soak a lot of damage and heal.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Deadpool is superior in h2h but with weapons Gambit with his staff was capable of stalemating Daredevil IIRC so he should be able to do the same with Wade. His reflexes and agility are enough to contend with Deadpool if not slightly superior and unlike DP, his range attacks have a bigger radius not to mention Gambit is cunning and smart himself and he does have the necessary firepower to KO Deadpool. I'm not saying it's easy, but I think Gambit can win this. I'm open to correction though.

#15 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Deadpool is superior in h2h but with weapons Gambit with his staff was capable of stalemating Daredevil IIRC so he should be able to do the same with Wade. His reflexes and agility are enough to contend with Deadpool if not slightly superior and unlike DP, his range attacks have a bigger radius not to mention Gambit is cunning and smart himself and he does have the necessary firepower to KO Deadpool. I'm not saying it's easy, but I think Gambit can win this. I'm open to correction though.

I think Deadpool is pretty intelligent in terms of how he thinks vs when he opens his mouth lol. IHe has shown impressive prowess and cunnign iwhen in combat, but you raised good points though, so I do see a better shot than I initially thought for Remy here. I am thinking it could go either way, but I am no expert on Deadpool. I started liking him since his appearance in Uncanny X-Force and the few issues I have of him the Cable and Deadpool title.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: I agree with Deadpool being smart in a crazy kind of way and being the better h2h fighter since Gambit tends to fight with his staff instead of his hands, but with that staff he is very skilled. I can understand where people are coming from, I just don't think it is as clear cut as people are making it. But like I said, I'm open to correction or debate.

#17 Posted by Skaddix (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Deadpool takes the majority but Remy get get a few wins.

#18 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps with his apocolypse upgrades he may suprise deadpool

#19 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2811 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool takes it.

#20 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

I'll give it to Remy.

#21 Posted by exlmagician (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Remy is swift and he has surprising agility when it comes to dodging, however with the equipment and speed that DP works with I believe that he would be hard pressed to get off the defensive to fight. Gambit, is a wonderful character though and his abilities permit for him to use them for great defense, but his IC personality never sets Remy on the defense. DP takes this based on his speed rivaling that of a bullet on its own. Congratulations Wade.

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10584 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool. Gambit is a great fighter no doubt...but Deadpool's healing Factor make it near impossible for Gambit to KO or Kill him. Gambit's main advantages are Speed and Agility...but Deadpool has similar speed and agility in his wheelhouse.