rules

• morals on
  • standard equipment
  • random encounter
  • win via ko, incapacitation or death

who wins and why?

#2 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to go with Deadpool here.

I think Crossbones has a good chance to dish out some damage on DP, but not enough to take him down. They both have similar H2H skills, but Deadpool has the better physicals, and above everything else, his durability is off the charts.

There will be a lot of shooting going on, blood splattering all across the cold New York streets.....but at the end of the fight, DP will get up and Crossbones won't.

#3 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, I think DP's superior H2H skills, physicals, and durability gives him the edge for the win.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (42174 posts) - - Show Bio

Wade.

#5 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Question: what does morals-on imply for either Deadpool or Crossbones? The conditions state that Death is a legit way to win the fight after all.

I'm inclined to go with Deadpool due to the physicals/healing-factor advantage.

#6 Posted by dondave (37360 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Elm (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone read the recent issue of Deadpool? Crossbones put up a good fight, they seemed more even skilled than I thought.

#8 Posted by Experio (15940 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool.

#9 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@elm said:

Anyone read the recent issue of Deadpool? Crossbones put up a good fight, they seemed more even skilled than I thought.

I really want to read the issue, how does the fight go down? Been waiting a while for them to go against eachother. Does anyone have scans of it?

EDIT: I just read the issue where they fought. Hilarious stuff. Deadpool wins in the most Deadpool way possible.

#10 Edited by Elm (63 posts) - - Show Bio

bump!

#11 Posted by Nefarious (20286 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool. Crossbones will have a hard time keeping him down.

#12 Posted by patrat18 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are the scans of their fight:

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool definitely wins this, as he has pretty much every advantage over Crossbones. Crossbones' recent run in with Wade is impressive, but Duggan's Deadpool isn't even overly impressive combat-wise anyways. When you compare Crossbones' feats to Wade's other legitimate, non-jobbing feats (especially from Classic Deadpool), he won't be able to hold his own against the mercenary for long. Crossbones has an extremely high pain tolerance? Deadpool has a healing factor, and has nearly killed Punisher, someone with an arguably higher pain tolerance, three times. Crossbones has given Captain America a run for his money in hand-to-hand combat numerous times? Deadpool has blatantly stalemated Captain America, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and other top-tier street levelers. On top of that Deadpool usually packs a more impressive arsenal, and he has his bottomless satchel for extra weapons and ammunition. The only thing Crossbones has on Wade is accuracy IMO, which won't help since Deadpool has defeated Bullseye on multiple occasions. Though admittedly, Rumlow has impressed Bullseye before. At the end of the day the merc with a mouth takes a healthy majority of 8/10 wins.

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool definitely wins this, as he has pretty much every advantage over Crossbones. Crossbones' recent run in with Wade is impressive, but Duggan's Deadpool isn't even overly impressive combat-wise anyways. When you compare Crossbones' feats to Wade's other legitimate, non-jobbing feats (especially from Classic Deadpool), he won't be able to hold his own against the mercenary for long. Crossbones has an extremely high pain tolerance? Deadpool has a healing factor, and has nearly killed Punisher, someone with an arguably higher pain tolerance, three times. Crossbones has given Captain America a run for his money in hand-to-hand combat numerous times? Deadpool has blatantly stalemated Captain America, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and other top-tier street levelers. On top of that Deadpool usually packs a more impressive arsenal, and he has his bottomless satchel for extra weapons and ammunition. The only thing Crossbones has on Wade is accuracy IMO, which won't help since Deadpool has defeated Bullseye on multiple occasions. Though admittedly, Rumlow has impressed Bullseye before. At the end of the day the merc with a mouth takes a healthy majority of 8/10 wins.

I agree with this. Brock basically has what it takes to make Wade work for it and he'll rough him up, but ultimately, there's no strong variable working in the villian's favor. A good fight, but all things considered, Deadpool should earn a solid majority.

Staff