This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Standard gear for Cold. 

Fight 1: Deadpool gets two katana. 
Fight 2: Deadpool gets two katana plus two guns of his choice and a stack of grenades. 

#2 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Deadpool winning this..........
#3 Posted by whacknasty (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no.... um, Captain Cold for the win here... 

He may not be able to kill DP, but he could just freeze him and chuck him into a trench for a bfr victory... Or shatter him after the freeze and litter him from an airplane across the horizon... Something like that...

#4 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cold Curbstomp.

#5 Edited by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I made it too uneven, didn't I?  I'll try and fix it with an edit.

Wasn't sure whether or not to give Deadpool some good ranged weapons.....

#6 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok: Captain Cold's gun can stop bullets in mid -air and he's fast on the draw enough to tag Flash. Unless Deadpool surprises him, DP is done for.
#7 Posted by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @llagrok: Captain Cold's gun can stop bullets in mid -air and he's fast on the draw enough to tag Flash. Unless Deadpool surprises him, DP is done for. "
He ain't fast enough to tag Flash, he relies on his freeze-field for that to happen.  In the end, he's just a human being and Deadpool has enhanced speed to say the least. 
#8 Posted by Ferro Vida (34227 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok: I'm going to go out on a limb and say any Flash villain can beat Deadpool.
#9 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @llagrok: Captain Cold's gun can stop bullets in mid -air and he's fast on the draw enough to tag Flash. Unless Deadpool surprises him, DP is done for. "
He ain't fast enough to tag Flash, he relies on his freeze-field for that to happen.  In the end, he's just a human being and Deadpool has enhanced speed to say the least.  "
"Enhanced speed" isn't going to do jack against being frozen. Who cares if he isn't fast enough to tag Flash? Deadpool is no where near that level of speed.
#10 Posted by whacknasty (5575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
I agree... I think DP will have to use some more subtle, sneaky tactics to get and keep any advantage.  And he would have to end things before Cold can get a shot off...
#11 Edited by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:

" @llagrok said:

" @Crom-Cruach said:
He ain't fast enough to tag Flash, he relies on his freeze-field for that to happen.  In the end, he's just a human being and Deadpool has enhanced speed to say the least.  "
"Enhanced speed" isn't going to do jack against being frozen. Who cares if he isn't fast enough to tag Flash? Deadpool is no where near that level of speed. "
Are you seriously trying to counter my argument by assuming that Deadpool has been hit? Seems like a very poor way to construct an argument, to make one initial assumption that benefits one side. I did not bring up Flash to benefit Deadpool here, I am simply stating that Captain Cold relies on something to tag the Flash. It's either his freeze field or the flashes holding back. Deadpool is faster than what regular human beings can ever accomplish. It's relevant in a fight where speed could determine the outcome almost instantly.

They do not start off each other's faces. I thought the rules had a default-distance unless otherwise specified?  
#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok:  So what? Unless DP is using sniper tactics and shoots Captain Cold without Cold being there. Giving them some nebulous default distance won't help if they are aware if each other. Captain Cold is a faster draw and his gun is much better then anything DP is packing.

And bottom line, no matter what his fans say. DP has an awful track record and he's not that powerful.
#13 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok: 
Actually I'm not serious about anything. But let me rephrase that, since we're so big on semantics in this forum. Deadpool WILL get hit, just because he's enhanced with speed doesn't mean he's going to be able to dodge a frozen beam or get close enough without getting affected by Cold's freeze field.
#14 Posted by whacknasty (5575 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:

" @llagrok said:

" @Crom-Cruach said:
"Enhanced speed" isn't going to do jack against being frozen. Who cares if he isn't fast enough to tag Flash? Deadpool is no where near that level of speed. "
Are you seriously trying to counter my argument by assuming that Deadpool has been hit? Seems like a very poor way to construct an argument, to make one initial assumption that benefits one side. I did not bring up Flash to benefit Deadpool here, I am simply stating that Captain Cold relies on something to tag the Flash. It's either his freeze field or the flashes holding back. Deadpool is faster than what regular human beings can ever accomplish. It's relevant in a fight where speed could determine the outcome almost instantly. They do not start off each other's faces. I thought the rules had a default-distance unless otherwise specified?   "
I always assume that they do in fact start out face to face, unless that is other wise stated... 
#15 Posted by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty:  My bad. If they started out face to face, then Captain Cold would either be decapitated in a half-a-second or deadpool would be an icicle due to the freeze field. It'd be a boring match. 
 @Crom-Cruach:  Sniper tactics? He just has to stand at like 10 feet range or so to avoid the freeze field. Avoiding freeze beams is hardly a stretch for someone as agile as he....
#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok:  Track record says otherwise, since he gets tagged all the time by things much slower then a freeze beam. And if they are 10 feet appart, he's done, at that close Captain Cold has hit the Flash. Deadpool won't be a problem, he'll turn him into an icicle then shatter it and throw the shards away.
#17 Posted by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @llagrok:  Track record says otherwise, since he gets tagged all the time by things much slower then a freeze beam. And if they are 10 feet appart, he's done, at that close Captain Cold has hit the Flash. Deadpool won't be a problem, he'll turn him into an icicle then shatter it and throw the shards away. "
Are you one of those guys who think that the rogues could give The Flash actual problems if he did not allow it?  

It's relevant to whether or not I continue replying.
#18 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @llagrok:  Track record says otherwise, since he gets tagged all the time by things much slower then a freeze beam. And if they are 10 feet appart, he's done, at that close Captain Cold has hit the Flash. Deadpool won't be a problem, he'll turn him into an icicle then shatter it and throw the shards away. "
Are you one of those guys who think that the rogues could give The Flash actual problems if he did not allow it?   It's relevant to whether or not I continue replying. "
Are you one of those guys who made a thread with his mind already set on the winner? Because its relevant to whether or not I continue reading this debate
#19 Posted by llagrok (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @llagrok said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
Are you one of those guys who think that the rogues could give The Flash actual problems if he did not allow it?   It's relevant to whether or not I continue replying. "
Are you one of those guys who made a thread with his mind already set on the winner? Because its relevant to whether or not I continue reading this debate "
No.  I'm one of those guys who are unsure about a fight and join in on the debate, be it mine or someone else's thread.  Deadpool's series are ripe with speed feats, Flash comics have Cold with a ton of anti-speed feats.  

Considering how the Flash holds back 99.9% however, we can't go off of the idea that Captain Cold will hit anyone who's not Flash-speed :|
#20 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
Yes the Rogues can cause Flash trouble. They even killed Inertia, they're a powerful team and together they can wipe the floor with most other villains. Captain Cold alone could take out plenty of street level heroes and villains. The man is a incredibly quick draw and his freeze gun takes down any opponent in one hit.
#21 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
@llagrok:  No, I'm a guy who's watched Cold in action in his comics. Deadpool is not someone he would have much trouble with. As to Flash, the fact that he's been able to hit him (even if Flash wasn't going 100%) who moves so much faster the DP that you can't compare leads me to believe DP would get his ass handed to him.

And that's not even beginning with DP's appearances in other comics where he constantly gets tagged by C-listers much below Captain Cold in power.
#22 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: Thank you. I thought I was the crazy one here.
#23 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cold with ease.
#24 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw Deadpool, Cold wins.

#25 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Captain Cold with ease. "
#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

Cold stomps
#27 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Captain Cold Curbstomp. "

#28 Posted by gumflabica (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't Deadpool, who can both teleport, and regenerate missing limbs, teleport his arm inside of Len's body, and that teleport off of his frozen arm? That seems like it would work.

#29 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Bodyslide by Two! Then Cable dispatches Captain Cold!

:P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#30 Posted by gumflabica (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Cable!? Where did he come from!? I swear, i was just watching my annoying marvel counterpart fight an ice based flash villain, when this guy runs in and eats a sandwich.

#31 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Cable!? Where did he come from!? I swear, i was just watching my annoying marvel counterpart fight an ice based flash villain, when this guy runs in and eats a sandwich.

From Cable and Deadpool :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#32 Edited by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

This shouldn't have been bumped....