Standard Equipment

Standard Elimination

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jashro44 @wolverine08 @dondave @ghostravage @beaconofstrength @super_soldierxii @laflux @strider92 @cable_extreme @comicstooge

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tony & Slade.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Team 2

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Team 2 in a good fight.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taskmaster is the weak link, because deadpool has his number.... it all depends if deathstroke can solo wade and cass

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Deathstroke and task master

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd say team 1 takes it.

Simply, because i can see Batgirl (Cass) lasting longer against Slade, than Taskmaster against Wade...Wade has consistently beaten Taskmaster in the past, while Cass vs Slade is a very even fight.

So, Cass "holds off" Slade until Wade is done with Taskmaster, and then they team up on Slade for the win.

If this was New 52 Slade, i'd say that team 2 would win, though.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. If Deathstroke really wanted Batgirl dead, she'd be dead. However, Taskmaster doesn't really have a good track record with Deadpool. So that kind of balances things out a bit.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

Team one.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

My hearts telling me team two but my heads telling me team one: Taskmaster has lost to Deadpool in the past and Batgirl has been able to hold her own against Deathstroke so Cass could just wait for Tony to lose and then pair up to defeat Slade.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: don't forget how much lethality Slade has here, every single weapon he carries can literally one shot. He has consistently not used them verses people in the Bat family and other important hero's due to the fact that the comicbook writers much insure their survival. However, Slade with he explosives, guns, swords, etc... He could beat Cassandra Cain much faster than what he has consistently shown. Similar to the encounter where he pulled out a grenade which is also Cassandra's best showing against him. He pulled out a grenade to basically kill her, and in the process she had to flee and barely escaped with her life. Now imagine if he had a sword, while she is stuck with fighting with her usual gear (hand to hand), she will be at a major disadvantage in that category.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@cable_extreme said:

@bat_girl_cc: don't forget how much lethality Slade has here, every single weapon he carries can literally one shot. He has consistently not used them verses people in the Bat family and other important hero's due to the fact that the comicbook writers much insure their survival. However, Slade with he explosives, guns, swords, etc... He could beat Cassandra Cain much faster than what he has consistently shown. Similar to the encounter where he pulled out a grenade which is also Cassandra's best showing against him. He pulled out a grenade to basically kill her, and in the process she had to flee and barely escaped with her life. Now imagine if he had a sword, while she is stuck with fighting with her usual gear (hand to hand), she will be at a major disadvantage in that category.

Yeah, but Cass fought Slade Hand-to-Hand, since he was un-armed (at some point, Slade used a gun, he tryed to shot her, but Cass dodged the bullet, and then disarmed Slade...but appart from that, they fought merely Hand-to-Hand)...she would keep a minimal safe distance from him, if Slade had a sword...also, Cass has beaten the Ravager before, and Rose had a sword...also, out of my mind, i remember Shiva trying to kill Cass with a sword, and Cass casually broked the sword with one karate chop.

As for Slade's other weapons...well, this is a bit like the CaV i finished 2 days ago, with "TheBournePoster", on which he pointed out Batman's advantage in gadgets...like here, Cass has fought, and done very well against both Batman and Slade in the past, both Hand-to-Hand, and not...and in our CaV he mentioned that Batman has gadgets such as sonics etc...just like you just mentioned Slade's weapons...the problem with this, is that thei're "what if scenarios"...not only Cass has already proved that she can get past bat-a-rangs, grenades, etc...but, a "what if scenario" it's something that can't really be backed up, so it's not more than speculation...

Also, feats > theories...Cassandra's previous encounter's against other character's > possible scenarios that could have happened in those fights, if...something. :p

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, Batgirl MVP.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine008

Team 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By patrat18

Team 1

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wade can beat Tony for sure.

Keep in mind, Slade once got the best of Cain by shaking his body very fast to through her reading off. At least that's what I got from that panel.

Slade and Tony's standard equipment trumps Cass' and possibly Wade's.

Yes, Tony has been beaten by Wade, but that doesn't mean he's not a factor.

Most of Slade's defeats come from important characters, but we all know how fast Slade wrecks expendable characters.

I believe Slade's aim > Wade's, and that would help right away, though it hardly decides the outcome.

Overall, I think it's Team 2

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@bat_girl_cc: so are you saying Cassandra Cain would shatter Slade's promethium sword? I'd like to see that.

And referring to your disarm statement, it isn't theory that villains cannot kill the main heros, at least without leading into a plan to revive them. If the writers didn't rid Slade of his weapons, he would kill the first strike he lands, he has been disarmed by this reasoning by people even like Nightwing. The truth is, he has EVERY single advantage one could have in fight with Cassandra Cain, and she is also handicapped due to his ability to bypass her precog. In EVERY single encounter they have had, Slade ended it with him in the upper hand, and in every single fight except one, he wasn't trying to kill her. The first encounter they had, the one where he tried to kill her with a grenade, he wasn't aware of her abilities, after that, he spent time trying to train his daughter to beat her, he would rather use her for his gain since she is such an "asset", he even tried convincing her to join him. So I don't doubt he has been holding back, especially when he used her to fight the titans, where he basically poisoned her to do his bidding. He wasn't interested in killing her. So yes, feats do mean a lot, but so does context, and the first encounter he had, where he pulled out the grenade, that wasn't a very long fight, so I doubt she will be able to stall a superior opponent, the fight between taskmaster and Deadpool lasted much longer, not to even bring up, Deadpool's likely hood of talking a long time.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Iragexcudder

Team 1 for the majority.

Deadpool takes on Taskmaster and beats him, then fights alongside Slade and beats him. I do believe Deadpool can take on Slade one on one also, too much endurance.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: with Slade's skill and weapon set, endurance won't be a factor, depending on who wins, it can literally be win with decap in the first couple minutes of fighting.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@dimitridkatsis: okay, why specifically do you think she is the MVP? Besides the fact that Slade can bypass her precog, is stronger, faster, smarter than her by her own admittance. Has consistently gained the upper hand in every encounter they have had, and has MUCH better gear as well. So I'd like to hear why she is the MVP.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I do mean to change my mind... sorta, my guess is she'll make quick work of TM and both her and DP may be too much for DS. But then again Slade's probably gonna pick her first knowing how she works, I guess it all comes down to how goofy Deadpool wants to get. Even then she can hold her own till DP comes along, don't you think? I don't remember Slade ever beating her.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Deadpool isn't slow and his damage soak is far more impressive than Deathstrokes. There wouldn't be any decapitation from either side.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To death Team 1, in a fight; I think Team 2, just edges this, by a hair.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: question, is this current Slade? I have been treating it as pre-52 (due to picture) but realized you didn't specify in bio. Could you clarify?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@cable_extreme said:

@bat_girl_cc: so are you saying Cassandra Cain would shatter Slade's promethium sword? I'd like to see that.

And referring to your disarm statement, it isn't theory that villains cannot kill the main heros, at least without leading into a plan to revive them. If the writers didn't rid Slade of his weapons, he would kill the first strike he lands, he has been disarmed by this reasoning by people even like Nightwing. The truth is, he has EVERY single advantage one could have in fight with Cassandra Cain, and she is also handicapped due to his ability to bypass her precog. In EVERY single encounter they have had, Slade ended it with him in the upper hand, and in every single fight except one, he wasn't trying to kill her. The first encounter they had, the one where he tried to kill her with a grenade, he wasn't aware of her abilities, after that, he spent time trying to train his daughter to beat her, he would rather use her for his gain since she is such an "asset", he even tried convincing her to join him. So I don't doubt he has been holding back, especially when he used her to fight the titans, where he basically poisoned her to do his bidding. He wasn't interested in killing her. So yes, feats do mean a lot, but so does context, and the first encounter he had, where he pulled out the grenade, that wasn't a very long fight, so I doubt she will be able to stall a superior opponent, the fight between taskmaster and Deadpool lasted much longer, not to even bring up, Deadpool's likely hood of talking a long time.

Nope, of course not! i said that she could shatter a sword, not Slade's promethium sword...and i also said, that Cass fought Slade the way that she did, because he was un-armed, if he had his sword, Cass wouldn't be as close from him, as she was, at least not as much, she has fought very skilled people with swords and done well, (Shiva, Ravager, etc).

Also i remember seeing Cass being stabbed on her chest by Mad dog, and she still kept fighting, until she won...so, even using his Gear, i don't see Slade beating Cass quickly...he could do it once or twice, out of ten times...but in a majority, it would be even, which would give Deadpool enough time, to finish off Taskmaster, and then help Batgirl.

Yeah, i see what you mean, it's the same reason why in the New 52 Lady Shiva defeated Batman once, and Dick Grayson twice, and she could have killed them, but instead, she decided not to, and just walked away...but if we go by that logic, then, almost all fights have special context, and very few can actually be used...

Yeah, Slade didn't knew about Cassandra's abillities in their first encounter, but he wasn't holding back, proof of that, is that he was bursting the walls and the floor with his punches and kicks, and he also tryed to kill her, by shoting at her, and he even tryed to hit her with a grenade...also, this 2-on-2 match here, is also a "random encounter", no prep.

It was not a very long fight, it was a mid-prolonged fight...but that's just because Slade decided to use a grenade, otherwise, probably he would have lost that fight.

And i'm getting the felling, that you think that i meant that Batgirl > Slade...if so, then let me remind you of what i first said:

" I'd say team 1 takes it.

Simply, because i can see Batgirl (Cass) lasting longer against Slade, than Taskmaster against Wade...Wade has consistently beaten Taskmaster in the past, while Cass vs Slade is a very even fight.

So, Cass "holds off" Slade until Wade is done with Taskmaster, and then they team up on Slade for the win.

If this was New 52 Slade, i'd say that team 2 would win, though. "

In my opinion, a well written Slade > Cass (close fight though)

My point is not that Cass would beat Slade, but rather "hold him off" untill Deadpool is done with Tasky...and then the 2 of them team-up on Slade, for the victory.

The fight between Deadpool and Taskmaster lasted longer, because Wade was basically moking Tony...which makes me belive that he could have finished the fight sooner.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: the problem is that in every encounter they had, Slade ended it fast. Whether that be with a grenade, or manipulating Nightwing to do it. The fights never lasted long, Slade is far too smart and tactical. But above all, Cassandra's BEST advantage she has over anyone, is completely useless against Slade.

You said recently "in past post" that feats mean more than theory. If the fight where Deadpool was "mocking" Taskmaster, why would he do anything differently? His character routinely waste time, cracking jokes, and being annoying to the people he is fighting. I don't buy your explanation and due to Slade's multiple lethal weaponry, he will beat Cassandra pretty quickly, she has no advantage here. Her skill showings directly correlate with her ability to use her body reading, she really has nothing without it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Team 1

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 of course.

If it goes Wade vs Taskmaster and Cass vs. Slade, Wade will beat Taskmaster before Slade will beat Cass. And Cass + Wade is too much.

If it goes Wade vs Slade and Cass vs. Taskmaster, Wade will at the very least hold Slade off if not beat him, and Cass will beat Taskmaster IMO.

Jmarshmallow

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning team 1. Task Master is pretty much up against two of the worst possible opponents he could have. Some one who can out read him early on and can match him read for read if the fight drags on. And then another person he has consistent trouble reading and consistently loses to. I think Slade can take a Majority over Cass and Wade but I don't know if he can do it while covering for Tasky. Good fight though, and a close one. 6/10 Team 1.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@cable_extreme said:

@bat_girl_cc: the problem is that in every encounter they had, Slade ended it fast. Whether that be with a grenade, or manipulating Nightwing to do it. The fights never lasted long, Slade is far too smart and tactical. But above all, Cassandra's BEST advantage she has over anyone, is completely useless against Slade.

You said recently "in past post" that feats mean more than theory. If the fight where Deadpool was "mocking" Taskmaster, why would he do anything differently? His character routinely waste time, cracking jokes, and being annoying to the people he is fighting. I don't buy your explanation and due to Slade's multiple lethal weaponry, he will beat Cassandra pretty quickly, she has no advantage here. Her skill showings directly correlate with her ability to use her body reading, she really has nothing without it.

How will Slade beat Cass quickly, when he never has?...if he could, he would have, already...also, Cass doesn't have trouble using her Body-Reading, she has trouble Body-Reading Slade!...which apparently doesn't matter much, since they've still stallemated, anyway.

Here's what i'm talking about:

No Caption Provided

Her Body-Reading allows her to peform many peak-human functions, at the same time, which makes her "mentally" meta-human...which came from her training with David Cain...anyway, this Cass could still do! she has trouble Body-Reading Slade, not using her Body-Reading to her offense.

Actually, the simple fact, that she has been able to perform well against Slade, and Ravager, even despite the fact that she has trouble Body Reading them, is by itself, proof, that she doesn't need that advantage to "hang-out" with Slade...which makes the argument, of Cass having trouble to Body-Read Slade, a mute point.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@bat_girl_cc: yes, I have done extensive research on Cassandra Cain, and her body reading comes out inconclusive on Deathstroke, meaning it affords her no advantage. Slade studied his own daughter'is precog which, is nearly identical to that of Cassandra Cain's. If her body reading worked on Slade, I would argue a very even match or even a superiority for her in melee combat becuase that is how much of an advantage it affords her. The reason it doesn't work on Slade is due to the control he has over his bodily functions, he explained the to his Daughter Rose basically about how his body doesn't give off clues due to the immense control he has.

I would also bring up another point, their first encounter wasn't a stalemate, Slade sent her running when he popped the grenade out, basically showing his lethal weaponry and his tactical superiority.

As for your last point, the fact that she can't read hi. Doesn't make the point moot, he has shown a superiority over her to the point of playing with her when she was trying to basically "beat him up" and by her own admittance, she pointed out that he is stronger, faster, and smarter than her.

To sum this all up, Slade carries specific advantages that basically makes him the ideal person "besides the Ravager" to take her down. He basically counters her effectively in every scenario, and has the lethality and the knowledge (tactical ability) to end it quickly. He has shown to be superior in simple hand to hand, no imagine if he was armed to the teeth in one shot weapons agaisn't her melee ability. I don't see her lasting very long, and I am giving her the credit she deserves. If it was strictly hand to hand, I'd agree that it would take Slade awhile.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.. Wade cannot die.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@cable_extreme said:

@bat_girl_cc: yes, I have done extensive research on Cassandra Cain, and her body reading comes out inconclusive on Deathstroke, meaning it affords her no advantage. Slade studied his own daughter'is precog which, is nearly identical to that of Cassandra Cain's. If her body reading worked on Slade, I would argue a very even match or even a superiority for her in melee combat becuase that is how much of an advantage it affords her. The reason it doesn't work on Slade is due to the control he has over his bodily functions, he explained the to his Daughter Rose basically about how his body doesn't give off clues due to the immense control he has.

I would also bring up another point, their first encounter wasn't a stalemate, Slade sent her running when he popped the grenade out, basically showing his lethal weaponry and his tactical superiority.

As for your last point, the fact that she can't read hi. Doesn't make the point moot, he has shown a superiority over her to the point of playing with her when she was trying to basically "beat him up" and by her own admittance, she pointed out that he is stronger, faster, and smarter than her.

To sum this all up, Slade carries specific advantages that basically makes him the ideal person "besides the Ravager" to take her down. He basically counters her effectively in every scenario, and has the lethality and the knowledge (tactical ability) to end it quickly. He has shown to be superior in simple hand to hand, no imagine if he was armed to the teeth in one shot weapons agaisn't her melee ability. I don't see her lasting very long, and I am giving her the credit she deserves. If it was strictly hand to hand, I'd agree that it would take Slade awhile.

You're right about why Cass can't Body-Read Slade properly, but Slade's anatomy and total control of his body, doesn't "turn off" Cassandra's Body-Reading, it just makes it hard for her, to Body-Read him properly, which would help her defense alot...but apparently, she doesn't need it, since in their first encounter Slade didn't landed one single hit on her!

Here are the scans:

From right to left:

As you can see in the scans above, Slade was indeed trying...also, obviously, if Cass was somewhat defensless without her Body-Reading, then she would have been stomped by Slade, who is very skilled himself...besides the fact that he's also a meta-human...and unlike Cassandra, he doesn't hold back...but Cass was still able to stallemate him.

Now, there's another fight they had, that i would like to post:

The scans are not in the correct order (i have no idea why) anyway, the first scan, is the 3rd from right to left, then you keep seeing them from right to left, untill you get to the scan before the 3rd, which is the last:

Yeah, i know, the plot was Slade having Cassandra to face Rose...but he still used a gun and shooted at her, (again), he still used a sword, among other stuff, but the point is, Slade was trying!...(again)...and (again) he didn't looked superior, nor did he defeated her...it was another stallemate!...as of now, i think that it's safe to assume that i've posted more than enough evidence to prove, that Slade doesn't "end Cass, quickly"...no matter, if he has his weapons or not...thei're fights were always inconclusive...Slade didn't even won, they stallemated!...and yeah, i'm not counting the fight they had, on Teen Titans #45 - Titans East Part 3

No Caption Provided

on which Rose helped Cass, but that fight happened right after the time Cass was being drugged, so likely, she wasn't at 100%, also she probably wasn't even thinking clearly.

" To sum this all up, Slade carries specific advantages that basically makes him the ideal person "besides the Ravager" to take her down. He basically counters her effectively in every scenario, and has the lethality and the knowledge (tactical ability) to end it quickly. He has shown to be superior in simple hand to hand, no imagine if he was armed to the teeth in one shot weapons agaisn't her melee ability. I don't see her lasting very long, and I am giving her the credit she deserves. If it was strictly hand to hand, I'd agree that it would take Slade awhile. "

This is all wrong...Slade has never shown to be better than Cass in simple Hand to hand, like ever...also Ravager has lost her first fight against Cass, and they stallemated in the second, so she has also never defeated Cassandra quickly, she hasn't even defeated her at all!...and you're saying that Slade would win in Hand to Hand with no evidence to support it.

To sum it up, a well written Slade should be able to beat Cass more times than not, but that's besides the point...the point is, you're saying that Slade would beat Cass quickly, with no evidence to support it, further more, as i've already pointed out, Slade has already tryed more than once, Hand-to-Hand and he also used weapons, such as sword, guns, etc...and he never looked superior, nor did he defeated her (if we discount the instance, when Cass had just come up from being drugged recently).

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@bat_girl_cc: I already pointed out that Slade forced Cassandra to retreat in their first fight, not due to out right beating her, but using his tactical advantage and gear. My whole post underlined this which you seemingly omitted from your response.

Also, You have nothing supporting the fact that she was at a disadvantage from previously being poisoned, all it did was reimplement her killer instinct. While she was poisoned, she was fighting like her usual self, and after she became aware, she didn't show signs of weakness. You are left with a baseless and unsupported assumption.

Slade also DOES have better hand to hand fighting ability, and the reason why I say this is that it incorporates everything, not just skill. He said that the reason he can beat her is since he can get into her head (which fighting ability also incorporates tactical ability and stats), and remember that this is a statement for melee combat. I already pointed out that if it were strictly hand to hand, the fight would last a long time.

Main point is that it isn't a hand to hand battle, Slade has one shot weapons, and multiple explosives, he can end her fairly quickly. Similar to how he almost killed her in their first encounter.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I think team 2 can edge it. Deadpool is always a wildcard though.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@cable_extreme said:

@bat_girl_cc: I already pointed out that Slade forced Cassandra to retreat in their first fight, not due to out right beating her, but using his tactical advantage and gear. My whole post underlined this which you seemingly omitted from your response.

Also, You have nothing supporting the fact that she was at a disadvantage from previously being poisoned, all it did was reimplement her killer instinct. While she was poisoned, she was fighting like her usual self, and after she became aware, she didn't show signs of weakness. You are left with a baseless and unsupported assumption.

Slade also DOES have better hand to hand fighting ability, and the reason why I say this is that it incorporates everything, not just skill. He said that the reason he can beat her is since he can get into her head (which fighting ability also incorporates tactical ability and stats), and remember that this is a statement for melee combat. I already pointed out that if it were strictly hand to hand, the fight would last a long time.

Main point is that it isn't a hand to hand battle, Slade has one shot weapons, and multiple explosives, he can end her fairly quickly. Similar to how he almost killed her in their first encounter.

" Also, You have nothing supporting the fact that she was at a disadvantage from previously being poisoned, all it did was reimplement her killer instinct. While she was poisoned, she was fighting like her usual self, and after she became aware, she didn't show signs of weakness. You are left with a baseless and unsupported assumption. "

Nope, during the period that Cassandra was being drugged by Slade, she was stallemated by Ravager (who she had previously beat)...stallemated by Tim Drake, who even landed some hits on her, LOL...among others...she performed WAY worse while she was being drugged.

" Main point is that it isn't a hand to hand battle, Slade has one shot weapons, and multiple explosives, he can end her fairly quickly. Similar to how he almost killed her in their first encounter. "

Yeah, he "almost" killed her..."almost" is the "key word"...since he didn't do it, because Cass managed to avoid the grenade.

Cassandra is also not a stranger with weapons...she's far, far from it:

No Caption Provided

" Cain trained the child to master every known WEAPON, common or exotic. "

That is the reason, why Batgirl was once able to disarm Slade, by taking his sword from him! in one of the fights they had, that i posted on my last comment.

Again, in a fight between the 2, a well written Slade should take a majority, but he doesn't stomp her, nor does he beats her quickly...but i guess, we'll have to agree to disagree.