Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks  Online
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

This is not a normal battle, this will be done just like SPIKE TV"s show, "The Deadliest Warrior". There will not even be a scenario for the battle right from the start. The way this will work is that I will bring up a certain aspect of each character such as equipment, fighting skill, or physicals. During this time, only that aspect of the characters will be debated. I will then select who I think has the edge in the category based solely on what has been debated. Nothing else but that category can be debated at that time.

After all categories have been debated and edges have been given to each character for every category, I will set up a battle scenario that will determine the winner.

Round 1: Equipment - PUSH

Description of ROUND 1 is within the spoiler block.

Everyone made some awesome arguments for both Cap and Batman for this category. It honestly could go either way so I am giving this a PUSH.

After reading all of the messages, it was almost 50/50 on support for both Cap and Batman. Remember, these categories are completely based on what is brought up in your posts. I'm trying to not base any of this off of my personal preference, so if you do not like the outcome, make sure you give a well detailed post next time so your opinion gets the edge. This first category went way better then I expected and there was some great debating, hopefully this trend continues.

Captain America's shield is the most punishing piece of equipment in this fight. Sure, Batman has lots of great tools, but nothing hits as hard as Cap's shield. His shield could easily be a one-shot KO if Cap hits Bataman just right. Cap's shield is also the best piece of defense against any physical attack Batman attempts to use. It absorbs way more impact then Batman could ever dish out.

Batman is a walking tool box, and a large majority of those tools are made for fights. There were some great posts demonstrating how he could use these against Cap. One of his most used weapons is the Batarang. He throws these with pin-point precision, but does he have the accuracy to get past Cap's Shield? That's something will dig into a little more in the next category. He also has lasers, wrist spikes, bulletproof armor, a gliding fireproof cape, and more gadgets then a Swiss Army Knife. One thing Batman is good at, is picking the right tool for the job. A lot of his equipment is probably redundant and useless in his fight, but the weapons he does use, you can be sure that they will be the right one to take on someone like Cap.

Round 2: Ranged Combat - EDGE: BATMAN

Description of ROUND 2 is within the spoiler block.

There were arguments made for both sides, and a lot of grief that Batman doesn't have an edge in Round 1 (I can understand the grief, but make sure you get good posts in to make sure this doesn't happen again - remember: this is based solely on YOUR posts), but Batman had a clear advantage in the debates for ranged combat.

While Cap's shield can hit like a ton of bricks, he's limited to pretty much that.

Batman on the other hand, has ranged weapons galore for this fight. Batarangs, explosives, grappling hooks, the kitchen sink, etc... Batman had a pretty clear advantage here and I feel confident in giving him the edge.

Round 3: Physicals - EDGE: CAPTAIN AMERICA

Description of ROUND 3 is within the spoiler block.

I think this round came as no surprise. Everyone who posted on this category gave it to Captain America. Some posts do make a case that while Cap is the superior specimen when it comes to shear physicals, Batman is not too far behind. Either way, this Edge goes to Cap.

Round 4: Fighting Skills - EDGE: BATMAN

Description of ROUND 4 is within the spoiler block.

Both Batman and Cap are two of the top martial artists in their respective universes. Both are able to fight and even beat opponents who outclass them with superhuman physicals and other various super powers because of their expertise in hand to hand combat.

Batman took the edge here. He has mastered every form of martial arts on Earth. There is hardly any maneuver an opponent can use on Batman that he doesn't know how to counter. Batman is deserving of this edge, but Cap is really not that far behind.

Cap may not know as many styles of martial arts as Batman, but the ones he does know get the job done. Sometimes it's quality over quantity when it comes to a hand to hand fight, which is why Cap had some supporters in this category. Those posts were definitely not ignored. The only problem here is that Batman isn't just capable of using over a hundred styles, he uses them all at a high level of expertise.

Round 5: X-Factor EDGE: both CAPTAIN AMERICA and BATMAN

Description of ROUND 5 is within the spoiler block.

I was going to simply give this a PUSH, but after re-reading everyone's posts, both characters really deserve an EDGE here and it's not necessarily a PUSH.

The most argued X-Factor for Cap was his issues with killing. Cap is much more willing to kill then Batman who has a no kill rule. If this fight comes down to a kill or be killed situation and an incapacitation just isn't working for either Cap or Batman, then Cap may have a pretty nice advantage in his willingness to kill Batman. Batman would not resort to a method like this.

Batman has an edge here because of his intelligence and detective abilities. Batman is able to take in a situation and find the best way to own it. Captain America is capable of this as well, but Batman has done this on grander levels then Cap.

So both characters had some distinct advantages. There were some more X-Factors posted, and I suggest you take the time to read through the comments to soak it all in. Everyone involved in this thread did a great job debating for both Cap and Bat, and it's time for that spirit to carry on to the final battle!

WHO IS THE DEADLIEST WARRIOR?

We've broken down Cap and Batman pretty extensively, now it's time to put that knowledge to work! This is a 1 on 1 battle between Cap and Batman. Try not to debate in this like a normal Cap vs Batman thread, because there are enough of those already. Use the information from the previous rounds to strengthen your claims. Explain why the EDGES described above play a factor in why either Batman or Captain America will win or lose. Take all the small steps that built this thread and bring them all together as a whole.

RULES

This will be generic battle thread rules

• Standard equipment (as discussed in the first round)
  • No prep, random encounter
  • Morals are on, in character
  • They have no knowledge of each other's abilities at the start of the fight
  • Win by death, KO, incapacitation, or submission
  • Fight takes place on a generic city street at night. Street lights are on. There is plenty of cover with parked cars. Start 30 yards apart in plain sight. The fight is not confined to this one street and can spread throughout a generic down town city area.
Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tparks: can anyone post or is there compotators for it

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tparks  Online

@cjdavis103: This is for everyone. Right now, only post debates about equipment. I'm going to edit the OP with new categories as this thread continues.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

Alrighty then

Cap has one of the most iconic weapon in comics

No Caption Provided

his mighty shield it is labeled by databases to be indestructible it has been destroyed in the past but only by beings of insane power such as thanous with the IG and even then it required massive effort on the destroyers part.

Captain is know to throw his shield with impossible speed and skill a thrown shield has been shown to enough force to stun the Hulk temporally. it also has special enhancements that allow captain to control the shield after it has been thrown

it also doubles as an incredible defensive weapon as it is nigh indestructible and is capable of reducing the force of the attack via the vibrainum in the shield

In sum it packs a much bigger punch then Batman's batrangs and it can deflect anything Bat man can throw at cap with ease

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: This.... This is a great idea

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I seriously love this. Will hopefully post some Batman love later.

Jmarshmallow

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44

Batman has the edge here with his explosives, batarangs, gas pellets, sonics, freeze capsules, etc. Steves shield is good but I would say Bruce is over all more versatile.Also I would say batmans armor is better then Steves. Steve may be over all more durable but I think Bruces cowl closes the gap.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8 god_spawn  Moderator

@cjdavis103: What enhancements does the shield have that allows him to control it? Am I missing something? The only time I can think of was when Tony put little controller things on it so he could guide it in mid-air, but Cap felt it threw the shield off, so he got rid of them.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone doing batman gear?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tparks:

Alrighty then

Cap has one of the most iconic weapon in comics

No Caption Provided

I think the batarang is closing in on the gap for most iconic weapon in comic history, it's not as famous but it's almost their

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44:

Hence why I said oneof the most iconic weapons

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikex20

Cap has an indestructible shield, which can absorb and redirect any force that strikes it. He also uses it effectively as an offensive weapon. Including decapitating a vampire.

Bats carries numerous gadgets in his utility pack. His main gadgets would be batarangs, grappleline, re-breather, smoke pellets, sonic bat caller, lock picks, and explosives.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is leagues ahead in Tech/Weapons.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounds like a repeat of spartan vs ninja....btw is that show canceled? Spike never keeps any good shows....

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness:

they ran out of warriors to test

and seriously can someone post the Bats gear

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Batman has the edge here with his explosives, batarangs, gas pellets, sonics, freeze capsules, etc. Steves shield is good but I would say Bruce is over all more versatile.Also I would say batmans armor is better then Steves. Steve may be over all more durable but I think Bruces cowl closes the gap.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist

@tparks: This fight already happen. Cap won!

Loading Video...

The Shield as a weapon generate more force than any other weapon known to man for Hand to Hand.

Bamsky.

youngwonderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an amazing topic

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gracetrack

Please visit this link: http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/batsuit-capabilities-in-new-52-so-far-1477051/

(This info is borrowed from the above link.)

The New 52's Batsuit capabilities:

No Caption Provided

Contact Lenses

1. Computer Link (can access remotely the Batcomputer)
  2. Computer analysis
  3. Transmitter/Receiver audio and video
  4. Zoom/Magnifying capabilities
  5. Facial recognition algorithms (including lipreading capabilities)
  6. Lie Detector
  7. Eletromagnetic spectrum vision (thermal,sonar,x-ray and night vision)

Cowl

1. Special lock pick (Bruce is the only that can take it off)
  2. Extra Lenses (Eletromagnetic spectrum vision capabilities)
  3. Spectrum analysis
  4. Earpiece (which enhanced his auditory senses)
  5. Has recorded (and has stored) all of previous missions in Cowl Archives
  6. High Intensity Strobes in order to protect against Poison Ivy's pheromone control and reset the short term memory.
  7. Can connect and receive phones calls.

Gloves/Gauntlet

1. Can take and run DNA/Chemical samples
  2. Can emit electric shocks (capable of frying nerves)
  3. Wrist laser
  4. High-velocity batrope
  5. Shoot out the forearm spikes
  6. Shoot out micro smoke pellets and anesthetic gas
  7. Can hack other computers

Body armor

1. Bulletproof
  2. Fireproof
  3. Resistant to medium level shocks
  4. Resistant to concentrated acid
  5. Resistant to extreme pressures

Cape

1. Fireproof
  2. Act as a glider

Utility Belt

1. Stores gadgets
  2. EMP emitter
  3. Energy deflector
  4. Demagnetizer

Gadgets

1. Batrangs (Sharp,Explosives,Acid,Cryogenic,Heat and Electric)
  2. Acid capsule
  3. Sonic disruptor
  4. Sonic grenades
  5. Absorbing capsules
  6. Magnets
  7. Subsonic emitters
  8. Overheat device
  9. Laser cutter
  10. Tracking devices
  11. Grapplin gun
  12. Electrical sticks (standard?)
  13. Sonic Gun (probably not standard)
  14. Hard light gun (same as above)
  15. Anti fire foam gun
  16. Re-breather mask (automatically adjust to different oxygen levels to avoid toxicity)

Boots

1. Enable to walk on walls
  2. Blades enable to walk on areas cover by ice.

(All props to @matchesmalone21 for originally posting this info.)

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By godzilla44
Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cjdavis103
Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gracetrack

@cjdavis103:

You are welcome! Wanted to be sure that current, mainstream Bats was at least adequately represented. :)

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono:

you want to continue on how bat would use these items against Cap?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gracetrack

@cjdavis103:

For now, I think I'll wait and see if someone else wants to field that. There are certainly a great number of ways Batman could employ any combination of items in his standard gear. To not realize Batman has the advantage in the gear department would just be silly.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Cap's shield probably has a quality edge, being so powerful...but the sheer number of gadgets and the flexibility to of them gives edge to Bats IMO

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caps shiled has extremely powerful feats most of bats gear is either not useful in a fight (detective stuff) or things he will not use in character like is wrist laser

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@tparks: dude this is an awesome idea!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i figuire ill go through and note which things can be used against Cap effectively

Please visit this link: http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/batsuit-capabilities-in-new-52-so-far-1477051/

(This info is borrowed from the above link.)

The New 52's Batsuit capabilities:

No Caption Provided

Contact Lenses

1. Computer Link (can access remotely the Batcomputer)
  2. Computer analysis
  3. Transmitter/Receiver audio and video
  4. Zoom/Magnifying capabilities
  5. Facial recognition algorithms (including lipreading capabilities)
  6. Lie Detector
  7. Eletromagnetic spectrum vision (thermal,sonar,x-ray and night vision)

Cowl

1. Special lock pick (Bruce is the only that can take it off)
  2. Extra Lenses (Eletromagnetic spectrum vision capabilities)
  3. Spectrum analysis
  4. Earpiece (which enhanced his auditory senses)
  5. Has recorded (and has stored) all of previous missions in Cowl Archives
  6. High Intensity Strobes in order to protect against Poison Ivy's pheromone control and reset the short term memory.
  7. Can connect and receive phones calls.

Gloves/Gauntlet

1. Can take and run DNA/Chemical samples
  2. Can emit electric shocks (capable of frying nerves)- unless Cap has some resistance to electricity then this should undoubtedly have some adverse effect on him.
  3. Wrist laser- any number of ways this can be used. one creative way i can think of is using it to heat the sheild thereby making it impossible for Cap to weild. if i am incorrect someone please inform me. but still Cap can be hurt by lasers if bruce just shoots him with it be it in the arm or leg.
  4. High-velocity batrope
  5. Shoot out the forearm spikes- could serve as a diversion or a true offensive weapon against Cap.
  6. Shoot out micro smoke pellets and anesthetic gas- unless Cap has some resistance to smoke pellets inhibiting his vision or anasthesia knocking him out its obvious how these would be in batmans favor
  7. Can hack other computers

Body armor- everything here simply makes bruce more able to take whatever damage Cap dishes out

1. Bulletproof
  2. Fireproof
  3. Resistant to medium level shocks
  4. Resistant to concentrated acid
  5. Resistant to extreme pressures

Cape

1. Fireproof
  2. Act as a glider

Utility Belt

1. Stores gadgets
  2. EMP emitter
  3. Energy deflector
  4. Demagnetizer

Gadgets

1. Batrangs (Sharp,Explosives,Acid,Cryogenic,Heat and Electric)- i can see all of these being useful against Cap.
  2. Acid capsule
  3. Sonic disruptor
  4. Sonic grenades- these could easily disorient or distract Cap
  5. Absorbing capsules
  6. Magnets-bye bye shield
  7. Subsonic emitters
  8. Overheat device
  9. Laser cutter
  10. Tracking devices
  11. Grapplin gun
  12. Electrical sticks (standard?)
  13. Sonic Gun (probably not standard)
  14. Hard light gun (same as above)
  15. Anti fire foam gun
  16. Re-breather mask (automatically adjust to different oxygen levels to avoid toxicity)

Boots

1. Enable to walk on walls
  2. Blades enable to walk on areas cover by ice.

(All props to @matchesmalone21 for originally posting this info.)

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SOG7dc

@omnicrono:

thanks :) i think gear is one area bruce simply outclasses Cap.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gracetrack
@sog7dc said:

@omnicrono:

thanks :) i think gear is one area bruce simply outclasses Cap.

Heh... there's no doubt it my mind that it is.

Cap's shield is great and all, but I get the feeling many people give it more credit than it deserves when it comes to variety and how Cap normally uses it. He can certainly do a lot of impressive things with it, but by no means does it defeat the sheer variety found in Bats' equipment.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman definitely has better equipment no doubt.

@tparks: This is a brilliant idea :0

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tparks  Online

@oreoassassin said:

@tparks: This.... This is a great idea

@jmarshmallow said:

@tparks: I seriously love this. Will hopefully post some Batman love later.

Jmarshmallow

@sog7dc said:

@tparks: dude this is an awesome idea!

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Batman definitely has better equipment no doubt.

@tparks: This is a brilliant idea :0

Thanks!

...And to everyone else, I'll give a few more hours for people to post and debate about equipment before I reward an EDGE and open up a new category.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wolverine008

I would give Batman the edge in equipment. Can't wait to see what other categories you have in mind to compare them.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

I would give Batman the edge in equipment. Can't wait to see what other categories you have in mind to compare them.

Strength, speed, skill, brains (probably).

Anywho, Batman has the edge in the equipment department, no contest. Yes, Cap has a Vibranium shield which Batman wouldn't be able to destroy, but he would certainly be able to bypass. He has a million and one different gadgets he's carrying around literally all the time, not to mention he can remotely call the Batmobile/Batwin/[insert vehicle's name that starts with "Bat"] no matter where he is.

@tparks awesome idea by the way, I really love Deadliest Warrior (never mind that the 1st two seasons are mostly BS). You should do an "X-Factor" category like they did in season 3.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cjdavis103

The wrist lasers are useless as caps shield has been hit by lasers before and be still continued to use it

The baterangs are almost as useless because caps shield has blocked faster and much more deadly weapons before

Sorry for not mentioning it before but caps costume is bullet restraint to proof depending on the writer bats body armor dose not give him an edge here

Grenades cap has felt with grenade before ie in ww2 he know how to counter them

There is more but i am on my phone ATM

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@ancient_0f_days: @tparks: Captain America has Superhuman speed and reflexes. Cap has better physicals and his shield renders most of Batmans gadgets useless, most of those that were listed are so totally OOC anyways (because he doesnt kill and he has no idea on what Cap's Durability is), so i fail to see how cap loses this. Not to mention all bats is is Peak Human.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@kidman560: I sense wank, downgrading, and general lack of knowledge. Bruce compares to Steve physically like how Steve compares to Bruce in skill....one has better feats but the difference is barely even relevent....if I remember correctly the vibranium shield doesn't deflect nerve gas and cryo pellets

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@ancient_0f_days: no thats where Caps physicals come in. anyone who can fight with Iron Fist has skill enough to be able to fight with bruce.

No Caption Provided

and the guy has survived much worse than Cryo gas or Nerve gas. none of which Bruce will result to at first.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to see what's next but bats has my vote in this round

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@kidman560: lol at first? so? how long do you think this battles going to be? two miutes? Bats will go through at least 5 gadgets in the first 3 minutes and if Cap blocks batarangs and/or explosives he'll toss gas at him among other things and then what? Cap can block an explosion but the only way he's getting away from gas is moving fast enough before the effects kick in and that is unlikely what with all the different types of projectiles Bruce has at his disposal compared to Steve's one shield. Caps physicals mean little when Bruce's aren't far behind and Bruce has fought far more skilled opponents than Steve ever has, but like I said, its irrelevant when Steve gets hit with a sonic batarang

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has the edge on equipment no doubt. Cap has his shield on only his shield. I haven't seen anything regarding his suit being anything but a suit but if people know something I don't, now is the right time to post it lol

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, i think we all know who has the "edge" here... B-B-B-BATMAN!!!!

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caps' suit is bulletproof and impact resistant.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_stegman  Moderator

Some of the things regularly seen in Batman's Utility Belt (source is Wikipedia so [citation needed] )

• Batarangs:[10] Perhaps the most famous equipment used by Batman. These take the place of firearms, which Batman does not use, as firearms killed his parents. Batarangs are customizable throwing weapons, similar to shurikens, and are collapsible[11] so that a large number of them can fit inside of Batman's utility belt. There are several special varieties of the batarang, aside from the regular type. Explosive batarangs explode once they hit their target.[12]Electric batarangs deliver powerful electric shocks to whatever they come in contact with. These batarangs can electrocute enemies or overload electronic devices.[13]Remote-controlled batarangs let Batman fully steer the batarang via a remote control. These are used when a straight line of sight isn't possible. These batarangs have cameras in them so that Batman can see where they are going.[14]
  • Grapple gun:[15][16][17][18][19][20] Lovingly dubbed the batclaw by Batman, the grapple gun shoots out a claw shaped projectile on a retractable high-tensile cord, which grabs onto a surface. Then, this cord pulls Batman to his target. He recently received a boost upgrade, launching him high into the air above the target point if he desires (so Batman can glide from there). The grapple gun can also pull down walls,[21] grab enemies and pull them closer, or pull guns straight out of their hands.[22] It is not kept in the belt itself. Rather, it magnetically attaches to it.
  • Cryptographic sequencer:[23] With this computer-like device, Batman can hack into computer systems, communications frequencies, mechanical locks, etc.
  • Bolas:[24] Thrown around the feet of Batman's enemies to tie them with a composite-nylon cord. Often causes an escaping opponent to trip. With the push of a button in Batman's glove it can deliver an electric shock.
  • Handcuffs:[25] These resemble the kind used by Special Forces units. They are made of a lightweight diamond-impregnated nylon overlaying a banded steel core. Using a one-piece design, they slide closed and have to be cut off. Batman has given a special tool with a diamond-edged cutting implement to the Gotham PD for removal.
  • Tracers:[26] Used to track enemies Batman cannot follow closely. They also function as miniature listening devices to listen in on conversations from afar. Sometimes fired from a modified pistol.
  • Smoke pellets:[27] Large amounts of smoke can be deployed by throwing or breaking open these small hardened-gelatin spheroid capsules. Often used to quickly provide cover for Batman's stealthly exits and entries. Due to Batman's high-tech cowl lenses, he can see perfectly through the smoke.[28]
  • Gas pellets:[29] Similar to smoke pellets, gas pellets are used for incapacitating opponents. Lachrymatory, anesthesia, nerve, and regurgitant agents are deployed by breaking open the capsules. Due to Batman's nose-piece gas filter, he can be around the gas unharmed.[30]
  • Line launcher:[31] A device that shoots out a steel line in both directions making a zip line, or a tightrope to walk on. Notably seen in Batman, Batman Returns, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Batman: Arkham City.
  • Tranquilizer gun:[32] This collapsible gun fires darts that are tipped with fast-acting anaesthesia, paralytic agents, or other chemicals/drugs.
  • Goo globules:[33] Small round globules of concentrated adhesive goo. They are used to encase enemies in a sticky substance. The globules can be thrown or fired with a small gun. Notably seen in Batman: Arkham Origins, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and in the webseries Gotham Girls.[34]
  • Lock pick: This gadget is used to escape handcuffs and access locked rooms. It is rarely kept in the utility belt. Rather, it is kept in one of Batman's gloves.
  • Rebreather:[35] This cylindrical device allows Batman to breathe underwater or in a vacuum. It is very small and compact so it fits easily into the utility belt. The standard rebreather gives 2.5 hours of oxygen.[36]
  • Laser:[37][38] A strong miniaturized laser used as a cutting tool.
  • Rotary saw:[39][40] Used to cut through objects.
  • Plastic explosive grenades:[12] These small explosives are often used to knock down walls. They are several times more powerful than standard military grenades.
  • Mines:[41] These are powerful timed explosives, used to destroy vehicles or blast out reinforced concrete walls.
  • Explosive gel:[42] A foamlike substance which can be remotely detonated for an explosion. It is contained in a spray device which also acts as a detonator.
  • Thermite grenades: An incendiary used to burn[43] through obstacles. The fires produced by these grenades are fuelled by thermite, and thus are impossible to extinguish and burn at over three times the temperature of molten magma. In Batman: Year One, the thermite charge ignited accidentally and destroyed the utility belt.
  • Napalm:[44] This incendiary gel is kept in delicate packets. Once thrown or broken open, the packets release the napalm gel, which sticks to whatever it comes on contact with and instantly ignites.
  • Taser:[45] Used by Batman to stun his enemies with an electrical shock to temporarily paralyze them.
  • Remote electric charge:[46] This small collapsible gun fires powerful bolts of high current electricity. It is used to electrocute enemies at long range or overload electronic devices. Seen in the video game Batman: Arkham City.
  • Stun pellets:[47][48] Emit bright light and loud sound to completely blind and deafen enemies. The effect wears off in a few minutes, however. Batman is unaffected by these due to his cowl's lenses and sound dampening systems.[49]
  • EMP Gun:[46] Used to disable any electrical/electronic equipment. As it is too large to fit in the utility belt, it is collapsible and clips to the back of the belt that is normally covered by Batman's cape.
  • Disruptor:[50] Batman's disruptor can remotely disable guns and projectile weapons, and can remotely deactivate grenades and other explosives.
  • Remote claw:[51] Confiscated from Deathstroke, this gadget is used to join two objects and pull them together. It works by firing a projectile out which hooks onto an object. The projectile then launches a rope-attached claw, which attaches to a second object. Once both are connected, they are pulled together. Batman can use this to knock enemies together, slam heavy objects into foes, or string objects up. Seen in the video game Batman: Arkham Origins.
  • Ultrasonic bat beacon:[52] This device emits sonic waves that attract thousands of bats to Batman's location. The bats swarm around him, creating a diversion, as well as sometimes attacking assailants. Due to his device's ability to summon bats, this reinforces the idea that Batman is a supernatural entity. It is usually kept in the heel of a boot rather than the utility belt. Notably seen in Batman: Year One and Batman Begins.
  • Sonic devastator: This small device, when activated, releases high energy sonic waves that can shatter glass and completely incapacitate enemies, making them writhe in agony. It has a range of a few hundred feet. Batman is unaffected by this weapon, due to his cowl's sound dampening systems.[53] Seen in Batman: The Animated Series and Injustice: Gods Among Us.[54]This device is rarely kept in the utility belt. Rather, it is kept in one of the gloves.
  • Freeze grenades:[55] These grenades encase anything in their blast radius in a block of ice. They are useful for freezing enemies to incapacitate them, as well as freezing water to create ice platforms to walk on. Seen in the video game Batman: Arkham City.
  • Kryptonite:[56] Batman always has a backup plan just in case things go awry. A perfect example of this is that he keeps a chunk of kryptonite in his belt at all times in order to take down one of his closest friends, Superman, if necessary. Batman calls his kryptonite: "insurance".

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

batman mostly uses his batarangs and cap has insane skill in using his shield batrangs are useless against it