cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By cdiddyman911

@thecoolest said:

@cdiddyman911: Who, in your opinion, Kratos has kiled that could beat Gorgon?

Yes, Hercules could have easily

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gorgon has better reflexes and skill. And the stone stare could take him out.

Gorgons going to engage him and realize how powerful he is and use his stone stare

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kratos.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kratos.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

I'm good with the combatants here but it's the weapons I don't recognize. The Grass Cutter and God Killer? Anyone have pics and info?

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can't really compare video game feats to comic feats since both don't mix well since video game feats are more ludicrous overall as Gorgon's weapons/stare should wreck Kratos badly.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Gorgon. I don't see Kratos being able to tag Tomi.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Kratos physically far above the Gorgon?

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon.

I don't really know if Kratos can even tag him.

It doesn't matter HOW much stronger Kratos is than Gorgon,because Tomi should have very little problem avoiding his reach and stabbing him with his blades,which should cut his skin.

Not only that,but he always has his stone stare,something Kratos doesn't know about. He also has telepathy that will let him know of Kratos' moves.

And even if he DOES get tagged (which he shouldn't),he still has that Wolverine-level healing factor to fall back on.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecoolest Yeah, i've read the whole Enemy of the State/Agent of Shield saga. I've never seen Kratos do anything as fast as deflect bullets but he seems to be stronger and more durable than the Gorgon. Skills i'd give to the Gorgon, though, but that only helps so much. I guess he's got the stone stare to fall back on but if Kratos gets up close he could physically overpower him.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

I'm good with the combatants here but it's the weapons I don't recognize. The Grass Cutter and God Killer? Anyone have pics and info?

The Godkiller is the weapon Tomi used to kill Phobos (a god) and grasscutter the weapon he picked up after killing Phobos.

God killer also allowed Tomi to cut through Ares's skin, it's a direct weakness to "gods".

Hmm. Pretty cool. After Kratos takes a few hits and realizes he's in trouble I can see him using Zeus' Lighting which Gorgon most likely can't dodge. That should slow him down enough for Kratos to land some good shots. His durability is really important here considering Gorgon's damage output capabilities.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silverrings

@thecoolest Yeah, no one aspect of a fight is everything, be it strength, speed, whatever. Kratos is too durable for the Gorgon to hurt without the weapons he has and his telepathy, but the stone stare should be an insta-win, unless Kratos has some way of surviving getting turned to stone that i'm unaware of..? Otherwise, i can see the Gorgon winning, but not easily at all, considering Kratos' own physical ability and fighting prowess, and the lack of PIS.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecoolest Ok, so if we apply the game's logic to the Gorgon then his stare doesn't give him an insta-win, but that's only if we apply said logic. If not, then his stare should turn Kratos to stone like it did everybody else he looked at. The swords help, too, providing they have a similar effect on Kratos as the gods in Marvel, but it's the stare that makes or breaks this, i think.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos. He's more versatile, durable, and stronger.

Plus, Kratos gets turned into stone in game by actual Gorgons and he can break out I it.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

Hmm. Pretty cool. After Kratos takes a few hits and realizes he's in trouble I can see him using Zeus' Lighting which Gorgon most likely can't dodge. That should slow him down enough for Kratos to land some good shots. His durability is really important here considering Gorgon's damage output capabilities.

Gorgon may not be able to dodge the lightining itself but he reads minds, so he could dodge Kratos' aim before he fires it.

Whoops sorry. I'm thinking of the wrong game altogether haha. In GOW 3 though, he does have magic attacks that are omnidirectional. He doesn't have to aim them. The Nemean Roar, for example, is a shockwave that most likely can't be dodged or blocked. Army of Sparta is another good one that could also do some damage where as the Roar is more of a "get away" type deal. That's how I used it in the game anyways.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Auction_Sniper

Kratos stomps. Kratos has Mach 5000+ reactions and I believe he's supersonic/hypersonic in speed. Gordon isn't tagging him, and definitely isn't harming him.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the fence but leaning towards Gorgon. His speed can really be a big factor here, Maybe if people brought up Kratos fight with Hermes, see if anything there will help KRatos?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokeysteve

Whoops sorry. I'm thinking of the wrong game altogether haha. In GOW 3 though, he does have magic attacks that are omnidirectional. He doesn't have to aim them. 1)The Nemean Roar, for example, is a shockwave that most likely can't be dodged or blocked. 2)Army of Sparta is another good one that could also do some damage where as the Roar is more of a "get away" type deal. That's how I used it in the game anyways.

1)Kratos could dodge it from Hercules when he fought him, gorgon just has to jump to dodge it.

2) The army of Sparta acually may be possible to dodge, since gorgon should be able so stay between Spartans spears'.

Kratos was able to dodge or block just about anything anyone threw at him. No one else he faced was able to and Gorgon won't know to jump for at least that first use.

The Army of Sparta was clearly a multidirectional hit and the soldiers that appeared on screen were for appearances. It didn't matter where one was standing.

Kratos also has Nemesis Rage and the Cyclone one. He has some general spin attacks as well.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

@thecoolest said:

1)Kratos could dodge it from Hercules when he fought him, gorgon just has to jump to dodge it.

2) The army of Sparta acually may be possible to dodge, since gorgon should be able so stay between Spartans spears'.

Kratos was able to dodge or block just about anything anyone threw at him. No one else he faced was able to and Gorgon won't know to jump for at least that first use.

The Army of Sparta was clearly a multidirectional hit and the soldiers that appeared on screen were for appearances. It didn't matter where one was standing.

Kratos also has Nemesis Rage and the Cyclone one. He has some general spin attacks as well.

Ok, but Kratos just had to jump to evade Hercules' attack, I don't see why Gorgon wouldn't be able to.

Gorgon reads minds, look at the wolverine scan, he should be able to know Kratos would use an attack that affects the ground.

Multidirecional is different from omnidirecional and can still be dodged and proof the soldiers were just for appearences?

I don't have the intention to try to debunk all your points, I'd like to see other people doing so:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek, @twix_right_side

Again,there's always the stone stare that can end the fight quickly....and Gorgon is still too fast for Kratos. He has blades that should be able to cut through him with ease.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

Again,there's always the stone stare that can end the fight quickly....and Gorgon is still too fast for Kratos. He has blades that should be able to cut through him with ease.

Can you debunk my arguments for Kratos resisting the stare? (posted them above).

How will he resist them?

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

@thecoolest said:

@twix_right_side said:

Can you debunk my arguments for Kratos resisting the stare? (posted them above).

How will he resist them?

@thecoolest said:

Well, Kratos I think must be able to resist Gorgon's stare due to his demi-god pyisiology, my reasons?

1)There are Gorgons in the GoWs 3 and 2 and when one of them hit Kratos with his stare there are some QTEs the player can do to scape, the stare doesn't hurt him IIRC, only paralizes Kratos.

2)In the game, the gorgons must get close to use their stare.

3)Zeus, Herc and others are on Kratos level but Kratos still didn't use the gorgon's head he carries as a weapon to turn them t stone and get an insta-win.

The first two points might have non cannon stuff to support them, but I'm trying to avoid saying something that depends on how the player will play the game.

If it paralyzes him,it will still be enough to kill him..

And other Gorgon's are irrelevant to this version.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, but Kratos just had to jump to evade Hercules' attack, I don't see why Gorgon wouldn't be able to.

Gorgon reads minds, look at the wolverine scan, he should be able to know Kratos would use an attack that affects the ground.

Multidirecional is different from omnidirecional and can still be dodged and proof the soldiers were just for appearences?

I don't have the intention to try to debunk all your points, since I created this tread and can't do so with a clear winner in mind, I'd like to see other people debate:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek, @twix_right_side

It's totally possible to avoid it. Just saying everyone who played the game got hit with it at least once. Even if Gorgon reads his mind and jumps it he'll still be in the air and can't capitalize.

I don't have any proof the army attack is multidirectional other than saying go play the game. There were times where I've used it on swarms of guys and the ones in between still get hit.

You can still debate me if you want. We've been going back and forth for a couple days and you're good people. It's a good battle too. I'm only slightly in favor of Kratos based on his overall power and the number of offensive attacks he has here. With Hermes' boots, Gorgon shouldn't be faster to the point where it's a mismatch either.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

@thecoolest said:
@twix_right_side said:

@thecoolest said:

@twix_right_side said:

How will he resist them?

@thecoolest said:

Well, Kratos I think must be able to resist Gorgon's stare due to his demi-god pyisiology, my reasons?

1)There are Gorgons in the GoWs 3 and 2 and when one of them hit Kratos with his stare there are some QTEs the player can do to scape, the stare doesn't hurt him IIRC, only paralizes Kratos.

2)In the game, the gorgons must get close to use their stare.

3)Zeus, Herc and others are on Kratos level but Kratos still didn't use the gorgon's head he carries as a weapon to turn them t stone and get an insta-win.

The first two points might have non cannon stuff to support them, but I'm trying to avoid saying something that depends on how the player will play the game.

If it paralyzes him,it will still be enough to kill him..

And other Gorgon's are irrelevant to this version.

Who has Gorgon killed that is as durable as Kratos?

Doesn't really matter. His swords should be able to cut Kratos' skin.

He did kill Phobos,but I doubt he's anywhere near Kratos level

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@thecoolest:

Actually,that wasn't my point. The reason that it doesn't matter is because Gorgon has blades that make durability more or less useless.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who thinks Gorgon can take Kratos needs to play all GOW games and then come back.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Gorgon, Kratos would beat him.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's totally possible to avoid it. 1)Just saying everyone who played the game got hit with it at least once. Even if Gorgon reads his mind and jumps it he'll still be in the air and can't capitalize.

I don't have any proof the army attack is multidirectional other than saying go play the game. There were times where I've used it on swarms of guys and the ones in between still get hit.

You can still debate me if you want. We've been going back and forth for a couple days and you're good people. It's a good battle too. I'm only slightly in favor of Kratos based on his overall power and the number of offensive attacks he has here. With Hermes' boots, Gorgon shouldn't be faster to the point where it's a mismatch either.

1)Like I said before, gameplay feats shouldn't be used in battles (unless you count QTE's as gameplay) since it depends on how good the player is and I could, for instance, use gameplay scenes from Wesker getting owned by Sheva in H-2-H (there is a cheat in RE 5 to beat Wesker in H-2-H) to say Nightwing could beat Wesker, which is obiviously untrue. And don't generalize saying EVERYONE got hit once since I know people who have finished Devil May Cry in the hell and hell mode even though the enemies kill with one hit in this mode and their hits are harder to dodge than the hits from GoW enemies.

2)Again, Multi =/= Omni, but I understood what you meant.

IIRC, the attack is made when Kratos summons dead warriors so it may be PIS, like Nathan Drake healing in seconds after being shot in gameplay despite the fact he is stated to be a regular human.

3)This really isn't a mismatch but I think it's only due to Tomi's speed, since Kratos is much stronger and more durable and could decapitate Gorgon in one hit while Tomi should have to hit Kratos several times to kill him.

And proof the boots increase Kratos reflexes and not only travel speed?

1) It's a rational generalization. Your analogy doesn't apply since people that played DMC on hell mode played through the game once or several times before. They were familiar with enemy attacks. You don't know what Hercules attacks are the first time you fight him.

2) That's not even close to being the same thing haha. Every human character in games heals from every injury with just a first aid kit.

3) Nope, not a mismatch at all. Like I said, it's a good fight.

I haven't played GoW in a little over a year so I don't have any.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability has nothing to do with being turned to stone by the Gorgon, to my knowledge. That has never been stated in anything i've read involving the Gorgon, but perhaps it's been stated in something i haven't read?

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

@thecoolest:

Actually,that wasn't my point. The reason that it doesn't matter is because Gorgon has blades that make durability more or less useless.

Like I said, just because Tomi could kill a god with the sword doesn't mean he could kill any god with it.

But Kratos is a demi-god,meaning he is half-god correct? I mean,the Godkiller and Grasscutter sword in Marvel is stated to be made to kill Gods,so.....

Not only that,but there's still that stone stare

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos, he's broken out of stone form and has Hermes' sandals, didn't he also have a way to deflect stone stares?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos stomps. Kratos has Mach 5000+ reactions and I believe he's supersonic/hypersonic in speed. Gordon isn't tagging him, and definitely isn't harming him.

Where'd you get that information?