Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ganon15

@blackwind said:

Darkseid wins all three.

Mongul was a serious threat to Superman, but he never brought Big Blue to near death like Darkseid did. In Apokolips Now, Superman barely won against him and that was only because the Omega Beams exploded on Darkseid point blank.

Hell, in their first meeting Darkseid put Supes on the ground just by saying "Hello."

The episode you're actually referring to is "Legacy"

Loading Video...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: so it's PIS when Superman uses his powers? Mongul was strangling Superman until he used his heat vision.

Seemed pretty clear to me that Superman did better in the fight in Twilight considering he was standing and barely affected at the end while Darkseid was struggling and trapped under rubble (which shouldn't have pinned someone of his strength down if he was perfectly fine)

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By terry2012

@arcus said:

@terry2012: so it's PIS when Superman uses his powers? Mongul was strangling Superman until he used his heat vision.

Seemed pretty clear to me that Superman did better in the fight in Twilight considering he was standing and barely affected at the end while Darkseid was struggling and trapped under rubble (which shouldn't have pinned someone of his strength down if he was perfectly fine)

No I did not said that. Please read again what I said. I know Mongul was strangling Superman until he use his heat vision but Superman was not that much in trouble when Mongul did that, and the heat vision was only a distraction since it did nothing to Mongul. Superman pretty much beat Mongul in that fight and owned him. Mongul got spank and even feared for his life. On the other hand Darkseid did not fear for his life.

But that was by plot.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Darkseid is slightly superior in strength and wins round 2 with moderate ease.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@terry2012:

Why is Superman using his powers PIS?

Please read what I said again. I never said his powers was plot induce stupidity. I never mention his powers until I said Darkseid step on Superman face knowing he have heat vision is plot device for Superman to make a comeback because he was losing the fight. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: that's not a plot device. You're describing it like PIS

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

That is plot device. In fact it is both.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@zaied: he also destroyed Wonder Woman and held his own against a near-bloodlusted Superman

You know who else beat Wonder Woman? Kalibak. He would loose horribly against Darkseid.

I don't believe it :P

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@arcus said:

That is plot device. In fact it is both.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: it's not a plot device. A plot device would be something like Adam West Batman's utility belt, something that can do random things to serve the plot

It's also not PIS. It's not inconsistent with anything that's happened before. It's maybe CIS at best

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@terry2012: it's not a plot device. A plot device would be something like Adam West Batman's utility belt, something that can do random things to serve the plot

It's also not PIS. It's not inconsistent with anything that's happened before. It's maybe CIS at best

Yes it is. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Plot+Device If it is not a plot device then it is a plot armor. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=plot%20armor

Yes it is. Yes it is. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Plot%20Induced%20Stupidity No it is not because everything would be character induced stupidity.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: Call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that Supernan came out on top in that fight. We could just as easily say it's plot that Superman didn't use his speed more

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By terry2012
@arcus said:

@terry2012: Call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that Supernan came out on top in that fight. We could just as easily say it's plot that Superman didn't use his speed more

I call it what ever it is laughing out loud, nobody won the fight he only made it even again by the plot. So think what ever you want about the fight (I'm quite sure you would say the same to me). In fact Superman lost in there last encounter. Notice how not one of them use there eye beams on each other in there last fight? And yes we can easily say it is plot that Superman did not use his speed more. I agree on that one. Because when did he use his speed on his enemies or comrades other than Mongul, Darkseid, and Wonder Woman. He didn't use his speed on Solomon Grundy when he was empower by the chaos magic.

Edit: Good thread by the way.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012:

So it's invalid and plot whenever someone makes a comeback in a fight?

Oh Superman definitely lost the last fight, agony matrix ftw

Thanks

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By terry2012

@arcus said:

@terry2012:

So it's invalid and plot whenever someone makes a comeback in a fight?

Oh Superman definitely lost the last fight, agony matrix ftw

Thanks

It is how they made a comeback when it is so obvious they will when the character they make a comeback on act out of character.

agony matrix for the win.

You are welcome.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: everything in that fight seemed pretty in character imo, Darkseid's arrogant and likes to try to assert his authority

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@terry2012: everything in that fight seemed pretty in character imo, Darkseid's arrogant and likes to try to assert his authority

That's Darkseid for ya.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid wins, only because of his Omega Beams. Physically, they aren't too different.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid wins, only because of his Omega Beams. Physically, they aren't too different.

what about round 1, no Omega beams?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Round One:Stalemate.
  • Round Two: Darkseid.
  • Round Three: Darkseid.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

• Round One:Stalemate.
  • Round Two: Darkseid.
  • Round Three: Darkseid.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75  Edited By bobandjim1260

Good thread. I was curious about the same stuff myself.

Round 1: When it comes to pure strength and durability, Darkseid only inches out a hair beyond Mongul. But Mongul is the better fighter. Both use dirty tricks to win battles. Mongul is a gladiatorial fighter. Darkseid's technique is refined, but he never seemed as capable as Mongul in melee combat. I give round 1 either a stalemate, or a slight edge to Mongul.

Mongul was on the verge of beating an angry Superman. While Superman likely hated Darkseid more, once Superman got serious, Darkseid was physically beaten relatively "easily" on multiple occasions.

Darkseid wins round two and three. Darkseid's extra powers completely make up for his combat skill against Mongul.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going by their last fight against Superman before 'seid resurrection, Mongul is superior.

But Mongul earlier showing has him lose to someone inferior to Supes while Darkseid was slapping around Clark during that time period(Superman TAS).

I think all three rounds is highly debatable. I dont remember resurected Darkseid doing anything he wasn't capable before beside the Agony Matrix.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@war_of_light_2814: He was stated to have been more powerful. He could also teleport without a boom tub and create force fields with his hands to push people back and or hold them in place. That being said, he still lost to Superman during the physical combat portion of their battle.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Round 1 I'll give to Mongul, but barely. Round 2 and clearly 3 go to Darkseid.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 modernww2fare  Online

Round 1: Even

Round 2 and 3: Darkseid

TitanConsumed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid should win all three rounds.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#82 JediXMan  Moderator

Darkseid stomps. Mongul has never been comparable to Superman when it was an even playing field.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814: He was stated to have been more powerful. He could also teleport without a boom tub and create force fields with his hands to push people back and or hold them in place. That being said, he still lost to Superman during the physical combat portion of their battle.

Ah, yes I remember him pushing Luthor back with a force field or something.

@jedixman said:

Darkseid stomps. Mongul has never been comparable to Superman when it was an even playing field.

I dont see base Darkseid without OB stomping Mongul at all. Would you mind elaborating?

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers