willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

vs

Random encounter, in character, pre-52 for all DCs. Win by KO or death.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By willpayton

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

Marvel has versatility, and Gladiator / Hyperion are both nanosecond in terms of reflexes. I think Superman is physically the strongest here, but Gladiator has the best on panel striking power. Captain Marvel has a nice advantage here with magic. However, magical lightning is nothing new to Gladiator, Hyperion, and Sentry who have all tanked Thor's lightning, which on panel is stronger than Captain Marvel's.

It'd be a good fight, but I always like to choose versatility over anything else in a close match.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Dc

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Floopay said:

Marvel has versatility, and Gladiator / Hyperion are both nanosecond in terms of reflexes. I think Superman is physically the strongest here, but Gladiator has the best on panel striking power. Captain Marvel has a nice advantage here with magic. However, magical lightning is nothing new to Gladiator, Hyperion, and Sentry who have all tanked Thor's lightning, which on panel is stronger than Captain Marvel's.

It'd be a good fight, but I always like to choose versatility over anything else in a close match.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

VERSUS

@AllStarSuperman said:

Dc

Hmmmm....

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By robertloucksjr

If Sentry uses his matter transmutation powers wisely, then him, else DC because I think they are a little stronger and more durable. If it is King Hyperion or Blue Marvel instead of Hyperion, it makes it a lot closer.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UltraSuperTrooper

I think if Glads has a good confidence level Marvel wins, especially with sentry. If not DC might take majority.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Captain Marvel vs Gladiator (billy makes fun of his stupid costumen and hair)

Icon vs Sentry (idk much about icon but hes on superman level, and sentrys fastest feats are catching bullet)

Superman vs Hyperion (Supes laws the smackdown on hyperipoff)

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By 14NC3

@Buckshot said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

VERSUS

@AllStarSuperman said:

Dc

Hmmmm....

LMAO

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By kagetaicho

Team DC predominantly because Hyperion gimps team Marvel..

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By btmt

Team DC wins.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Journal

@btmt said:

Team DC wins.

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Manhunter_Prime

@Floopay: Can you explain how team marvel is more versatile? Do you just mean that more of their members have more than just physical power?

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thanosii

sentry solo they cant kill him

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dondave

@thanosii: He can be killed he just comes back but that takes time anyways

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Floopay

@Manhunter_Prime said:

@Floopay: Can you explain how team marvel is more versatile? Do you just mean that more of their members have more than just physical power?

Well, Hyperion, Icon, Gladiator, and Superman essentially have a similar power set, on similar levels. Heat Vision, Super Strength, Super Breath, Enhanced Durability, Super Speed, Flight and Super Senses. The biggest advantage I see in the DC side is raw speed, and raw strength. Whereas I think Marvel has is combat reflexes, and striking power. However, these advantages are negligible at best.

So it comes down to Captain Marvel and Sentry who have the similar sets of stats to the others, but also have a lot of key differences. SHAZAM mainly has magical lightning and some extra energy blasts. However, Sentry has omni-directional blasts, radiation emission, telepathy, extreme regeneration (regenerate from full disintegration in seconds), molecular manipulation (probably not going to be used in this battle if he's in character), Light Emission, and some form of density control. Over and above this, he can tap into his "Void" persona, and amp his ability to an insane degree, and even gains darkness manipulation, intangibility, shapeshifting, and so much more.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Manhunter_Prime

@Floopay: Thanks for clarifying, although I am not sure if versatility ensures victory; raw speed, power, and durability (as well as considerable skill) can easily swing this in DC's favor.

Incidentally, is Void allowed in this debate? because if so then this battle definitely goes to Marvel.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

@Manhunter_Prime said:

Well, Hyperion, Icon, Gladiator, and Superman essentially have a similar power set, on similar levels. Heat Vision, Super Strength, Super Breath, Enhanced Durability, Super Speed, Flight and Super Senses. The biggest advantage I see in the DC side is raw speed, and raw strength. Whereas I think Marvel has is combat reflexes, and striking power. However, these advantages are negligible at best.

So it comes down to Captain Marvel and Sentry who have the similar sets of stats to the others, but also have a lot of key differences. SHAZAM mainly has magical lightning and some extra energy blasts. However, Sentry has omni-directional blasts, radiation emission, telepathy, extreme regeneration (regenerate from full disintegration in seconds), molecular manipulation (probably not going to be used in this battle if he's in character), Light Emission, and some form of density control. Over and above this, he can tap into his "Void" persona, and amp his ability to an insane degree, and even gains darkness manipulation, intangibility, shapeshifting, and so much more.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

this.

i was going to say the same. Sentry (and Void) is the key of Marvel victory. also a confident Gladiator is a beast, i not sure but i remember that he destroyed planet with his raw strength, it that true?

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Team DC

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Floopay

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

@Floopay said:

@Manhunter_Prime said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

this.

i was going to say the same. Sentry (and Void) is the key of Marvel victory. also a confident Gladiator is a beast, i not sure but i remember that he destroyed planet with his raw strength, it that true?

Kind of, it was a moon sized empty husk of a planet, and yes he destroyed it in two hits IIRC.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Floopay

@Manhunter_Prime said:

@Floopay: Thanks for clarifying, although I am not sure if versatility ensures victory; raw speed, power, and durability (as well as considerable skill) can easily swing this in DC's favor.

Incidentally, is Void allowed in this debate? because if so then this battle definitely goes to Marvel.

In character, Sentry often taps into his void powers to some degree in a high-strung battles.

Versatility doesn't guarantee victory, but when it comes to a fight, but if you have two even teams, versatility is something that can easily sway a battle.

Also, Hyperion and Gladiator are both confirmed nano-second+ reflex times in combat. Superman's only nanosecond reflex was outside of combat at travel speeds, not combat speeds. They also can match most of Superman's showings in striking power, and durability as well.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Strman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strman123

Hyperion is a weak link should change it to Thor, Blue Marvel, or King Hyperion. That should even the tables a bit more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough call.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Floopay
You have made a great job here. BTW, did You know that Hyperion from the pic is King Hyperion actually? ;-)

@Strman123 said:

Hyperion is a weak link should change it to Thor, Blue Marvel, or King Hyperion. That should even the tables a bit more.

He is Gladiator without great fighting skills, he is not a weak link. IMO Sentry is the weakest in Marvel team, since I doubt that it is Sentry with Void power or Marvel Knights Sentry.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Buckshot said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

VERSUS

@AllStarSuperman said:

Dc

Hmmmm....

LOL.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By Lvenger

I think Team DC can take this with a slight majority. Superman's combat speed, experience and combat skills he uses on equal foes puts him above Gladiator. Sentry doesn't have anywhere near nanosecond reaction time like Superman does. I've seen him catch a bullet, maybe a few other good combat speed feats too but Captain Marvel's near equal Superman strength and durability should give him an edge here. As for Icon and Hyperion, it depends on which version of Hyperion this is but the other two should be able to make short work of him even if he does beat Icon.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thanosii

not very long seeing how Reece had to kill him three times in one conversation and look how tht turned out

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By weaponxx

Great battle, I'll take an extra large popcorn, peanut butter m&m's, and a strawberry smoothie. Thanks!