Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Team DC: Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, Hal Jordan, Superman, Wonder Woman

vs

Team Marvel: Gladiator, Nova, Quasar, Sentry, Thor

All DCs pre-52. All characters "standard" versions from last 10 years, so not necessarily "current" versions.

Random encounter, everyone in character, no BFR. Fight in an unpopulated alternate reality Earth, starting 100m apart.

Who wins?

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DC team.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CalebHara

@willpayton: MMH is a powerhouse that can take out a good chunk of this team using Telepathic attacks and phasing. Superman and Captian Marvel can basically hold their own, or beat most of the Marvel lineup. Hal can do well too. Atom is a monster that could probably put down at least two of them.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By willpayton

@calebhara said:

@willpayton: MMH is a powerhouse that can take out a good chunk of this team using Telepathic attacks and phasing. Superman and Captian Marvel can basically hold their own, or beat most of the Marvel lineup. Hal can do well too. Atom is a monster that could probably put down at least two of them.

Ok, I took out MMH and swapped in Wonder Woman to make things more balanced.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman is the strongest

Wonderwoman can go toe to toe with Superman ecause shes a better fighter than him

Captain Marvel can go toe to toe with Supes and will most liekly take down Thor.

Captain atom, no explinations needed

Green Lantern, has the power to create JLA duplicates or anything else he wants.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By willpayton

bump

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Captain Atom vs Quasar

Captain Marvel vs Gladiator

Hal Jordan vs Nova

Supermanvs Thor

Wonder Woman vs Sentry

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel, easily. Gladiator and Sentry double-team Supes for the sake of expediency cause Sentry could probably solo Supes. After Super gets ripped in half the rest of DC is soon to follow. Thor absolutely anhilates WW cause he is an ACTUAL god while she is only half. On top of that Thor has more fighting experience than Wonder Woman period. Hal Jordan cannot hang with NOVA or Quasar and Shazam will be completely ineffective cause he's a friggin kid. Also Captain Atom is too easily overwhelmed by random energy so he's basically a non-factor.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel, easily. Gladiator and Sentry double-team Supes for the sake of expediency cause Sentry could probably solo Supes. After Super gets ripped in half the rest of DC is soon to follow. Thor absolutely anhilates WW cause he is an ACTUAL god while she is only half. On top of that Thor has more fighting experience than Wonder Woman period. Hal Jordan cannot hang with NOVA or Quasar and Shazam will be completely ineffective cause he's a friggin kid. Also Captain Atom is too easily overwhelmed by random energy so he's basically a non-factor.

Lol, in Wonder Woman's most recent run she smacked an ACTUAL God down like a chump -- hell, one of her recurring villains is Ares who she has frequently beat the heck out of. Saying Thor is an "actual" God doesn't mean crap when an "actual" God like Thor gets blitzed by street levelers.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Saren

@alteredbeast said:

Lol, in Wonder Woman's most recent run she smacked an ACTUAL God down like a chump -- hell, one of her recurring villains is Ares who she has frequently beat the heck out of. Saying Thor is an "actual" God doesn't mean crap when an "actual" God like Thor gets blitzed by street levelers.

She's never beat the heck out of Ares without context ---- he's a lot more powerful than she is, and during Simone's run she needed his weaponry to beat him because nothing she had would hurt him.

But yeah, the "actual god" argument is rubbish.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AlteredBeast

@alteredbeast said:

First and foremost, the Asgardians are way tougher than the Greeks and Thor is one of if not the strongest Asgardian. Thor has better weapons than WW and can do a little something called the GOD BLAST, let's not even mention the lighting. Wonder Woman trained with Amazons, Thor killed frost Giants.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dredeuced

@alteredbeast:

First and foremost, the Asgardians are way tougher than the Greeks

Any real proof of this? Most of the Asgardians aren't real powerhouse heroes, and DC's Greek Gods seem to be generally more powerful/influential than everyone but Odin.

Thor is one of if not the strongest Asgardian

...Odin?

Thor has better weapons than WW

Eh, sure. But I mean, almost all of Thor's powerset is based on his weapon. Wonder Woman just flies and hits hard on her own. That's like saying Thor beats Superman because Superman doesn't have a weapon.

and can do a little something called the GOD BLAST, let's not even mention the lighting.

Ah the big scary God Blast that takes him ten seconds to charge up while chanting his father's name and praying he doesn't collapse in exhaustion? Wonder Woman's already blitzed him (she's quite a lot faster than Mongoose or Wolverine, ya know) and beaten the asgardian tar out of him before he can lift his hammer. You're seriously underrating how massively WW outspeeds him and, I believe, underrating how hard Wonder Woman can hit.

Wonder Woman trained with Amazons, Thor killed frost Giants.

p sure Wonder Woman has beaten all sorts of giant foes in her long history, but hey, whatever floats your boat. The fact that Thor can beat a Frost Giant is practically irrelevant as Wonder Woman significantly out stats them.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alteredbeast:

First and foremost, the Asgardians are way tougher than the Greeks

Any real proof of this? Most of the Asgardians aren't real powerhouse heroes, and DC's Greek Gods seem to be generally more powerful/influential than everyone but Odin.

Thor is one of if not the strongest Asgardian

...Odin?

Thor has better weapons than WW

Eh, sure. But I mean, almost all of Thor's powerset is based on his weapon. Wonder Woman just flies and hits hard on her own. That's like saying Thor beats Superman because Superman doesn't have a weapon.

and can do a little something called the GOD BLAST, let's not even mention the lighting.

Ah the big scary God Blast that takes him ten seconds to charge up while chanting his father's name and praying he doesn't collapse in exhaustion? Wonder Woman's already blitzed him (she's quite a lot faster than Mongoose or Wolverine, ya know) and beaten the asgardian tar out of him before he can lift his hammer. You're seriously underrating how massively WW outspeeds him and, I believe, underrating how hard Wonder Woman can hit.

Wonder Woman trained with Amazons, Thor killed frost Giants.

p sure Wonder Woman has beaten all sorts of giant foes in her long history, but hey, whatever floats your boat. The fact that Thor can beat a Frost Giant is practically irrelevant as Wonder Woman significantly out stats them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dredeuced

Well that's certainly a counter argument.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

That's not even canon.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By willpayton

Not really sure Gladiator or Sentry have the speed to contend with Superman, but if they teamed him then I'd agree they'd win. But, if they do that then the rest of their team is toast.

Thor would beat WW, but not easily. She's got speed over him.

Hal can hang quite well with Nova or Quasar, thank you. There's a reason why Hal is one of the top Lanterns... ever.

Marvel can hang with Superman in a fight and is faster and stronger than most on team 2. You cant just dismiss him because he's a kid. He still has the wisdom of Solomon.

Lastly, Captain Atom is perhaps the most powerful on team 1. It's beyond silly to say that he's a non-factor.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

Captain Atom vs Quasar

Hal Jordan vs Nova

Supermanvs Thor

Wonder Woman vs Sentry

captain atom beats quasar

gladiator beats captain marvel

hal vs nova is a toss up

superman vs thor superman wins

wonder woman vs sentry sentry wins

gladiator vs superman superman wins

sentry vs captain atom sentry wins

sentry vs superman superman wins

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC ftw, Captain Atom can basically Sun-Dip Superman furthering their advantage of the Marvel team with an increase in stats

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb43747b6f33
deactivated-5eb43747b6f33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to be that guy, but the OP doesn't say anything about no Void, so couldn't Sentry potentially solo or at least drastically tip the scales in marvel's favor?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

With Martian Manhunter removed the team is a lot more balanced, its a pretty close fight , at least thats how i see it.

Could go either way.

Very even - steven from where i see it :)

Just happy Silver Sufer isnt a part.. dont know his presence does ignite a little bias (although i dont disagree he is an extreme powerhouse)

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IRS

@dondave said:

DC ftw, Captain Atom can basically Sun-Dip Superman furthering their advantage of the Marvel team with an increase in stats

He brings up a good point.

This is a 5v5 not a bunch of 1v1 fights, how do their powers compliment each other and how well do they fight together? Team 1 has lots of experience fighting together as a team. With captain sun-dipping superman I think they have this.

ozeol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ozeol

Marvel.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alteredbeast said:

Don't downgrade Thor. He was blitzed by one being consider street level. In my opinion, Wolverine is not street level. Either is Mongoose. How about I show Wonder Woman, and Superman (together) struggling to lift a plane?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By New_World_Order

I never got why people believed Captain Marvel could beat Thor..

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced said:

@alteredbeast said:

Don't downgrade Thor. He was blitzed by one being consider street level. In my opinion, Wolverine is not street level. Either is Mongoose. How about I show Wonder Woman, and Superman (together) struggling to lift a plane?

...Wolverine is not Street Level? Dafuq?

Also, are you talking about when they struggled to lift a boat in the New-52 JL? Lifting strength isn't really an issue when she beats up gods by taking off her bracers.

This is pre-52 Wonder Woman anyhow, so all of that is irrelevant. Pre-52 Wonder Woman's powers were described much like Captain Marvel's but better -- she's faster than mercury, stronger than hercules, etc etc.

No Caption Provided

The "Thor is a god" argument is pretty bad when Diana is outright explained as equal or superior to many DC gods.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

@dredeuced said:

@alteredbeast said:

...Wolverine is not Street Level? Dafuq?

Also, are you talking about when they struggled to lift a boat in the New-52 JL? Lifting strength isn't really an issue when she beats up gods by taking off her bracers.

This is pre-52 Wonder Woman anyhow, so all of that is irrelevant. Pre-52 Wonder Woman's powers were described much like Captain Marvel's but better -- she's faster than mercury, stronger than hercules, etc etc.

The "Thor is a god" argument is pretty bad when Diana is outright explained as equal or superior to many DC gods.

No, I was just joking about Wolverine not being Street Level. :P But honestly that is one showing. I don't get what your point is with Wonder Woman taking on gods. Thor fights beings like Surtur & Ymir and he's more powerful than anyone I've seen in DC comics Olympus. Okay my bad. Didn't know it was Pre-52 Diana.

I never said once Thor being a god means he wins. That was the other guy above me. Although Marvel gods are more powerful than DC gods with the exception of Ares. So I doubt it means much here.

If you want, we can do a Challenge A Viner match?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Well, Thor usually needs significant power ups to fight true Skyfather level beings -- he's obviously much less powerful.

DC Zeus is also p powerful, as I recall, but you're right that, at the very least, DC gods are less influential. I'd say DC hercules might be more powerful than Marvel, though, depending on the showings.

I am not confident enough in my Wonder Woman knowledge to debate her. I know about her from Justice League and some Flash Crossovers, you'd probably stomp me.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By New_World_Order

@thundergodswrath: Well, Thor usually needs significant power ups to fight true Skyfather level beings -- he's obviously much less powerful.

DC Zeus is also p powerful, as I recall, but you're right that, at the very least, DC gods are less influential. I'd say DC hercules might be more powerful than Marvel, though, depending on the showings.

I am not confident enough in my Wonder Woman knowledge to debate her. I know about her from Justice League and some Flash Crossovers, you'd probably stomp me.

No he does not have powerups. Only in one encounter he had the Odin Force. All the other times he has fought them. Loses though. Well to be honest Thor has taken victories over beings that powerful before.

Marvel Hercules has superior feats to DC Hercules. So I would say he's better. You said yourself that DC Hercules is below Wonder Woman in strength, and Marvel Hercules equals Thor in physical strength. Thor is physically superior to Diana based on feats, so their you have it. ABC logic doesn't always work, but in this sequence it does.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dredeuced

@thundergodswrath said:

@dredeuced said:

No he does not have powerups. Only in one encounter he had the Odin Force. All the other times he has fought them. Loses though. Well to be honest Thor has taken victories over beings that powerful before.

Marvel Hercules has superior feats to DC Hercules. So I would say he's better. You said yourself that DC Hercules is below Wonder Woman in strength, and Marvel Hercules equals Thor in physical strength. Thor is physically superior to Diana based on feats, so their you have it. ABC logic doesn't always work, but in this sequence it does.

I'm pretty sure DC Herc stalemated Superman in strength. Wonder Woman is also frequently shown as physically equal to kryptonians (though Superman does outfeat her). Whatever difference there is, it's not monumental. She's definitely a smarter fighter and faster, though Thor has clearly superior energy projection in the form of weather control and godblast. Thor is not, by any means, a heavy favorite over Wonder Woman as far as I'm aware.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

@dredeuced said:

I'm pretty sure DC Herc stalemated Superman in strength. Wonder Woman is also frequently shown as physically equal to kryptonians (though Superman does outfeat her). Whatever difference there is, it's not monumental. She's definitely a smarter fighter and faster, though Thor has clearly superior energy projection in the form of weather control and godblast. Thor is not, by any means, a heavy favorite over Wonder Woman as far as I'm aware.

Although, that's your opinion.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: It's a lot of peoples' opinion. Wonder Woman vs Thor is not an under-argued debate on this forum.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By batnorris

im pretty sure marvel has the 2 vip's: quasar and nova. the thing is both are master energy drainers/manipulaters. and the reason I see marvel pulling this is 3/5 dc team can be drained, supes, hal and atom. atom is really good and I'm not as sure that he can be drained, if anyone has scans of atom resisting being drained or of him being drained then please share.so supes and and hal definitely go down due to nova and quasar draining them. atom also goes down due to draining unless someone can show him resisting draining. that leaves batson and ww 2 fend for themselves and while they put up a darn good fight, they will be outgunned, outpowered, and outnumbered.sure they take out 1 or 2 out probably gladiator or thor but simply get overwhelmed.marvel ftw 7-8/10 good match tho again if anyone doesn't agree with how I think it's gonna go down just say :)

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

marvel can take this because of nova. if he goes nova prime he will destroy all of them. full world mind and nova force, puts superman in a wormhole to a red sun and tanks it in combat against the others with gravity locks and mass punches.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc wins because :

Captain Atom vs Quasar

Hal Jordan vs Nova (Hal is clearly stronger than normal Nova)

Superman vs Thor : Even

Wonder Woman vs Sentry

Atom, Hal and Marvel just proceed to take Sentry down then team up with Supes to beat Thor

marvel can take this because of nova. if he goes nova prime he will destroy all of them. full world mind and nova force, puts superman in a wormhole to a red sun and tanks it in combat against the others with gravity locks and mass punches.

Yeah but Op state standard version...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc team takes this.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: yet you have superman? Besides Nova's current version is as I stated ( he's dead now I believe but before his death that's what he was)

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Team marvel takes this :

Quasar drains hal

Supes beaten by gladiator

WW taken out by thor

Sentry destroys cap marvel

Everyone gangs up on atom

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC team. Nova and Sentry are out of place here.