This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

to a really, really, really lesser extent...

Quicksilver can't even break the speed of sound, Flash's top speed is above the speed of light...

sorry, didn't mean for that last post to be condescending but it's quite a funny comparison, Flash would own quicksilver before he got time to think about the battle

#152 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"wait dosen't quicksilver have the same powers as flash"

Classic Quicksilver could run at about 175 mph. Flash is doing something over lightspeed. I think Quicksilver's powers have been changed now so that he's not actually moving fast but he's either teleporting or using limited time travel. I can't remember which.

#153 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

okay then what about jean grey who could lift flash in the air then he can't run

#154 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Correcting myself on his speed and confirming it was time travel:

Quicksilver was originally capable of running at the speed of sound (770 miles per hour), but exposure to the High Evolutionary's Isotope E made it possible for him to run at supersonic speeds of up to Mach 5 (3,806 miles per hour). After losing his powers, Quicksilver regained metahuman abilities courtesy of the Terrigen Mists.

Quicksilver can now vibrate his atoms so quickly that the molecular speed he generates displaces him out of mainstream time and space and a "jump" into the future is possible. Quicksilver could initially jump from an hour to up to twelve days into the future and remain for several minutes or even several hours before tiring and being recalled to his present time. Quicksilver can also return at will at any time. When Quicksilver returns he arrives back at almost the exact moment he left, but at the place that he occupied when he was in the future. Quicksilver is also able to bring inorganic objects back from the future. This ability, however, seems to have affected his physical health, as each time Quicksilver meets up with a future self, they look increasingly haggard. Quicksilver has also discovered how to jump only mere seconds ahead in time, and create an indefinite number of "temporal dupes" that can be controlled with a certain amount of coordination.

#155 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

ok,..here's a few for starters. (off the top of my head)

quicksilver

spitfire

Runner

hermes

max murcury

vertigo (makes him so nauseous he can't run)

makkari (of the eternals)

klaw (living sound, flash can't harm him) -makes such a high pitch noise that boils flash's brain

gladiator (emperial guard)

kang (one of his "other selves" just kille Flash before he gets the speed force)

Psyco man ( just plays with his emotions)

Invisible Woman (can't see her until he flies into one of her barriers, giving her enough time to pop his lungs with her telekenetic sheres

Purple man (flash would just like him so much he wouldn't hurt him)

Absorbing man (just let the flash hit him and absorb the speed force himself)

Super adaptoid (same as absorbing man)

Captain marvel (female/black-moves at the speed of light)

-but all this is mute, bc in Buckshot's battle everyone is lined up in single file in an enclosed space (like they would be????), and the flash has pre-cog abilities

#156 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"okay then what about jean grey who could lift flash in the air then he can't run"

running isn't flash's only use of the speed force...

he has so many other uses for it, it would be pointless of me to list them all here as i'd be here all day.

#157 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"wait dosen't quicksilver have the same powers as flash"
Classic Quicksilver could run at about 175 mph. Flash is doing something over lightspeed. I think Quicksilver's powers have been changed now so that he's not actually moving fast but he's either teleporting or using limited time travel. I can't remember which."

Time travel. Putting current Quicksilver in the battle might help though. If they put him at a station where he can touch all the Marvel guys, he can amp all their powers (terrigen crystals) and make them all more powerful. Of course, they'd all die soon after, but they'd be amazing for a while. This of course requires prep.
Post Edited:2007-06-06 13:58:54

#158 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Correcting myself on his speed and confirming it was time travel:Quicksilver was originally capable of running at the speed of sound (770 miles per hour), but exposure to the High Evolutionary's Isotope E made it possible for him to run at supersonic speeds of up to Mach 5 (3,806 miles per hour). After losing his powers, Quicksilver regained metahuman abilities courtesy of the Terrigen Mists.Quicksilver can now vibrate his atoms so quickly that the molecular speed he generates displaces him out of mainstream time and space and a "jump" into the future is possible. Quicksilver could initially jump from an hour to up to twelve days into the future and remain for several minutes or even several hours before tiring and being recalled to his present time. Quicksilver can also return at will at any time. When Quicksilver returns he arrives back at almost the exact moment he left, but at the place that he occupied when he was in the future. Quicksilver is also able to bring inorganic objects back from the future. This ability, however, seems to have affected his physical health, as each time Quicksilver meets up with a future self, they look increasingly haggard. Quicksilver has also discovered how to jump only mere seconds ahead in time, and create an indefinite number of "temporal dupes" that can be controlled with a certain amount of coordination."

"what was tht you say",

...yea,..that's what I thought also..........

#159 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok quick question...

are we using the 'entire universes' of each side?

discounting celestials of course.

#160 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"ok quick question... are we using the 'entire universes' of each side? discounting celestials of course."

The celestials are part of the marvel universe, so i don't think they should be discounted.

#161 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"ok quick question... are we using the 'entire universes' of each side? discounting celestials of course."

I believe so. We decided to eliminate the celestials because otherwise it would just leave us with the One Above All vs The Presence and wouldn't you know it, they would realize they are actually the same person and call it a tie.

#162 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

The flash is fast,..but you act as if he can run in space,..find all these guys on the planet before ANYONE knows what's going on,...and that he has "pre-cog" abilities to know who is the biggest threat, and how to stop them,,were to find them,..ect....

Like I said they aren't just going to line up in single file line and march into battle,...seriously what are you thinking?????

any one of a hundred marvel heroes could beat flash if there were a MARVEL/DC war (which is what this thread is about.

-I'm not saying he wouldn't take some people pout, or be a formidable oppenent, but your stuck in you're "line m up an fight" mentality, which wouldn't be the case given this amount of people.

-if you lines them up and said "go", then hell,..NO one would win, bc everyone would throw thier big guns out and blow the place to hell assuring mutual destruction.

#163 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"ORACLE says:
The celestials are part of the marvel universe, so i don't think they should be discounted. "

Oracle didn't mean the "Celestials" but the Cosmic level characters.

#164 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

if we're using the entire DC universe then Marvel doesn't stand a chance...

discounting celestials, The Doctor (Jerome or habib) could easily wipe out most of Marvel on his own...

team up the JLA with The Authority you're just looking at a disaster for Marvel, no matter who they send in

#165 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

were using marvel u earth 616 right?

#166 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"ok,..here's a few for starters. (off the top of my head) quicksilver spitfire Runner hermes max murcury vertigo (makes him so nauseous he can't run) makkari (of the eternals) klaw (living sound, flash can't harm him) -makes such a high pitch noise that boils flash's brain gladiator (emperial guard) kang (one of his "other selves" just kille Flash before he gets the speed force) Psyco man ( just plays with his emotions) Invisible Woman (can't see her until he flies into one of her barriers, giving her enough time to pop his lungs with her telekenetic sheres Purple man (flash would just like him so much he wouldn't hurt him) Absorbing man (just let the flash hit him and absorb the speed force himself) Super adaptoid (same as absorbing man) Captain marvel (female/black-moves at the speed of light) -but all this is mute, bc in Buckshot's battle everyone is lined up in single file in an enclosed space (like they would be????), and the flash has pre-cog abilities "

Several of these make it a abstract/god-being fight where it's a stalemate, or a cosmic one where Flash is not the biggest problem. Others: Quicksilver, dealt with. Spitfire, not fast enough. Max Mercury, not fast enough. Vertigo, won't register Flash fast enough. Klaw, has been rebooted as is no longer living sound. Psyco Man, don't know him but I doubt he can react faster than light. Invisible Woman, Flash crashes then gets up and goes somewhere else. Spending time trying to find someone who's invisible is stupid. Purple Man, his powers work by being exposed to a chemical he secretes. It won't affect Flash fast enough and his metabolism would get rid of it if it did. All the power absorbers have been addressed. Photon, doesn't move at the speed of light unless she has time to turn into light, and even then Flash is faster than light.

I wasn't saying they were all lined up, but they almost are. The majority of the heroes will be in New York and won't be prepared for a FTL assault. He won't get everyone, but he'll be able to get rid of the vast majority of people he comes across. Any speedsters that can even notice Flash coming are just sources of speed for him to steal.

#167 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

correction,..DC doesn't stand a chance,..Thanos grabs the cosmic cube (again),,..then collects the infinity guantlet (again), and wipes DC from existance......

-OR Reed richards takes the mental block off Franklin Richards and he destroys the DC uiverse,..OR the illuminate (along with thier respected teams/kingdoms..avengers, FF, inhumans, atlanteans..ect..) team up with Squadron,and the eternals,........

-nuff said

#168 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Marrduke says:
"ok,..here's a few for starters. (off the top of my head) quicksilver spitfire Runner hermes max murcury vertigo (makes him so nauseous he can't run) makkari (of the eternals) klaw (living sound, flash can't harm him) -makes such a high pitch noise that boils flash's brain gladiator (emperial guard) kang (one of his "other selves" just kille Flash before he gets the speed force) Psyco man ( just plays with his emotions) Invisible Woman (can't see her until he flies into one of her barriers, giving her enough time to pop his lungs with her telekenetic sheres Purple man (flash would just like him so much he wouldn't hurt him) Absorbing man (just let the flash hit him and absorb the speed force himself) Super adaptoid (same as absorbing man) Captain marvel (female/black-moves at the speed of light) -but all this is mute, bc in Buckshot's battle everyone is lined up in single file in an enclosed space (like they would be????), and the flash has pre-cog abilities "

Several of these make it a abstract/god-being fight where it's a stalemate, or a cosmic one where Flash is not the biggest problem. Others: Quicksilver, dealt with. Spitfire, not fast enough. Max Mercury, not fast enough. Vertigo, won't register Flash fast enough. Klaw, has been rebooted as is no longer living sound. Psyco Man, don't know him but I doubt he can react faster than light. Invisible Woman, Flash crashes then gets up and goes somewhere else. Spending time trying to find someone who's invisible is stupid. Purple Man, his powers work by being exposed to a chemical he secretes. It won't affect Flash fast enough and his metabolism would get rid of it if it did. All the power absorbers have been addressed. Photon, doesn't move at the speed of light unless she has time to turn into light, and even then Flash is faster than light.

I wasn't saying they were all lined up, but they almost are. The majority of the heroes will be in New York and won't be prepared for a FTL assault. He won't get everyone, but he'll be able to get rid of the vast majority of people he comes across. Any speedsters that can even notice Flash coming are just sources of speed for him to steal."

i was typing a retort, but instead i'll just point to buckshot and nod...

"What he said"

#169 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, I can't reply fast enough. Wish I were Flash.

Marrduke says:

"The flash is fast,..but you act as if he can run in space,..find all these guys on the planet before ANYONE knows what's going on,...and that he has "pre-cog" abilities to know who is the biggest threat, and how to stop them,,were to find them,..ect.... Like I said they aren't just going to line up in single file line and march into battle,...seriously what are you thinking????? any one of a hundred marvel heroes could beat flash if there were a MARVEL/DC war (which is what this thread is about. -I'm not saying he wouldn't take some people pout, or be a formidable oppenent, but your stuck in you're "line m up an fight" mentality, which wouldn't be the case given this amount of people. -if you lines them up and said "go", then hell,..NO one would win, bc everyone would throw thier big guns out and blow the place to hell assuring mutual destruction. "

Funny you mention running in space. He's done it. He doesn't need to find anyone, he just needs to start in New York and kill everyone who's dressed funny. He has two tactics that can defeat most any Marvel hero: IMP or Speed Force Dump. It's not like he has to figure out which one of a thousands ways to use his powers. If those fail though, he can always speed steal and leave them stuck until he gets back to them later. I've addressed "lining them all up" already.

#170 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you marrduke

#171 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"correction,..DC doesn't stand a chance,..Thanos grabs the cosmic cube (again),,..then collects the infinity guantlet (again), and wipes DC from existance...... -OR Reed richards takes the mental block off Franklin Richards and he destroys the DC uiverse,..OR the illuminate (along with thier respected teams/kingdoms..avengers, FF, inhumans, atlanteans..ect..) team up with Squadron,and the eternals,........ -nuff said"

Includes cosmics and or requires prep. Both situations have been addressed.

#172 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"correction,..DC doesn't stand a chance,..Thanos grabs the cosmic cube (again),,..then collects the infinity guantlet (again), and wipes DC from existance......-OR Reed richards takes the mental block off Franklin Richards and he destroys the DC uiverse,..OR the illuminate (along with thier respected teams/kingdoms..avengers, FF, inhumans, atlanteans..ect..) team up with Squadron,and the eternals,........-nuff said"

wow, you managed to completely ignore the 'no cosmic powers' rule of this discussion and bend everything to your own whim...

ok, in retort i'll do the same...

Parallax, in the body of Hal Jorden goes back in time, without the need of any fancy toys like the infinity gauntlet or cosmic cube, to the begining of the marvel universe.

he steps in between the seconds before the universe has actually been born and wipes his ass all over the universe before letting the 'big bang' or whatever take place and spread all over...

you want to turn this into a serious discussion or shall i bring some of the other 'higher ranking' DC cosmic powers into it?

#173 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

bucksot,...from your last post, given the fact you apparently don't know these guys powers (psyco man,..purple man ((he secretes the chemicals in the air for more than a square block,..therefore flash HAS to pass through them)....your arguments lose credibility, and that your outgunned...

-like i said your arguments are linear,..and one dimensional....A does not equal B

#174 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

wow... just realised, Hal isn't classed as a Cosmic power...

hey, there's DC's side for ya lol

#175 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"bucksot,...from your last post, given the fact you apparently don't know these guys powers (psyco man,..purple man ((he secretes the chemicals in the air for more than a square block,..therefore flash HAS to pass through them)....your arguments lose credibility, and that your outgunned... -like i said your arguments are linear,..and one dimensional....A does not equal B"

I didn't know one character. Tell me what he can do and why it makes a difference. Purple man doesn't make a difference. Flash has run on the moon when there was no air. He only noticed the lack of air when he stopped running. While running, he won't need to breathe in Purple Man's chemicals, he'll just run through him thanks to his speed force aura. And like I said, super speed metabolism would clean his system before he even noticed the chemicals anyway. Telling me I'm "outgunned" does not make my statements wrong.

#176 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"bucksot,...from your last post, given the fact you apparently don't know these guys powers (psyco man,..purple man ((he secretes the chemicals in the air for more than a square block,..therefore flash HAS to pass through them)....your arguments lose credibility, and that your outgunned... -like i said your arguments are linear,..and one dimensional....A does not equal B"

Wouldnt that then affect the people from the Marvel U as well? Flash isnt the only problem, he's just one of the biggest. I really doubt though at that speed that it would matter, he would run straight through it and still get to Purple Man before it would affect him.

#177 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

well I would qualify Super-man as GOD-Like and "cosmic like abilities" wouldnn't you????

a few cosmic BIG GUNS

CELESTAILS (all 12)

EGO

GALACTUS

LIVING TRIBUNAL

IN-BETWEENER

ELDEW's of the UNIVERSE

ETERINTY (the actual universe it's self)

PHEONIX.....

THAT's celestail beings

-the people I listed are popular heroes that appaer in monthly comics...so yea,,I would say they are fair game. (if you think the inhumans, and franklin richards are the "cosmic type of beings,..your under estimating the MARVEL U )

#178 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"bucksot,...from your last post, given the fact you apparently don't know these guys powers (psyco man,..purple man ((he secretes the chemicals in the air for more than a square block,..therefore flash HAS to pass through them)....your arguments lose credibility, and that your outgunned...-like i said your arguments are linear,..and one dimensional....A does not equal B"

seriously, are you trying to come off as offensive here?

if you do some research on the characters we are talking about you would know that the flash doesn't need to breathe while in hyperspeed, and even if he did he could just vibrate his moelcules out of sync with the 'gas' and pass harmlessly through it.

how about he created a vaccum with his arms or a slipstream with his speed and flushes the gas away from him before purple man has a chance to do anything?

#179 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"well I would qualify Super-man as GOD-Like and "cosmic like abilities" wouldnn't you????a few cosmic BIG GUNSCELESTAILS (all 12)EGOGALACTUSLIVING TRIBUNALIN-BETWEENERELDEW's of the UNIVERSEETERINTY (the actual universe it's self)PHEONIX.....THAT's celestail beings-the people I listed are popular heroes that appaer in monthly comics...so yea,,I would say they are fair game. (if you think the inhumans, and franklin richards are the "cosmic type of beings,..your under estimating the MARVEL U )"

if thats the level of the cosmic beings in the marvel universe then DC has them seriously outgunned

#180 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

yea,..bc the purple man would go after flash on the moon???,..now your just reacting and swaying the situation to circumstances YOU want/like.

-I am making logical and fair arguments and assumptions givin a city wide/planet wide battle. while Your just caught up in''We'll the flash could just do this to this one guy,..and then do this to this other one...ect..instaed of see HUNDREDS of people fighting) the chaos that ensues, and them teamwork/communications line on both ends.

-why would silly marvel even try,..the flash is omnipotant and could ipe the whole universe out

-dude seriously.........

ps...how does the flash run in space when it's a complete vacume so you can't accellerate, produce friction,..or change your momentum???? That's just bad science.

#181 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you not really understand what the Flash can do?

#182 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

wow,..beings which can end all creation and existance,...and that's no powerfull,...silly me

#183 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

yes,..I know what the flash can do,..but like I've said (it's like beating a dead horse) It's not just "line them up"

#184 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"well I would qualify Super-man as GOD-Like and "cosmic like abilities" wouldnn't you???? a few cosmic BIG GUNS CELESTAILS (all 12) EGO GALACTUS LIVING TRIBUNAL IN-BETWEENER ELDEW's of the UNIVERSE ETERINTY (the actual universe it's self) PHEONIX..... THAT's celestail beings -the people I listed are popular heroes that appaer in monthly comics...so yea,,I would say they are fair game. (if you think the inhumans, and franklin richards are the "cosmic type of beings,..your under estimating the MARVEL U )"

I'm reprhasing what I said. Celestial or Cosmic in this instance means someone who does not reside on earth. That's the way we've been using it, so no Superman is not a cosmic being. Phoenix is also allowed to play, but any of these big guns that live out in space would just ruin the conversation.

#185 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that both sides would assure mutual destruction....20 years ago DC had the clear advantage,..but recently marvel has tried to match them with some new characters...but in the end the planet and pretty much everyone would be obliterated.

#186 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"yes,..I know what the flash can do,..but like I've said (it's like beating a dead horse) It's not just "line them up""

You know that light speed is about 186,000 miles per second. And most of the Marvel heroes are hanging out in New York, so for him they might as well be all lined up.

#187 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Marrduke says:
"yes,..I know what the flash can do,..but like I've said (it's like beating a dead horse) It's not just "line them up""

You know that light speed is about 186,000 miles per second. And most of the Marvel heroes are hanging out in New York, so for him they might as well be all lined up."

there are heroes in the MU that can go just as fast,.........

#188 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"well I would qualify Super-man as GOD-Like and "cosmic like abilities" wouldnn't you???? a few cosmic BIG GUNS CELESTAILS (all 12) EGO GALACTUS LIVING TRIBUNAL IN-BETWEENER ELDEW's of the UNIVERSE ETERINTY (the actual universe it's self) PHEONIX..... THAT's celestail beings -the people I listed are popular heroes that appaer in monthly comics...so yea,,I would say they are fair game. (if you think the inhumans, and franklin richards are the "cosmic type of beings,..your under estimating the MARVEL U )"

I'm not classifying them by powers, I'm doing it by where they're from and where they are most often. Superman operates out of Metropolis, Earth. When threats to the planet pop up, he's one of the ones that deals with them. That makes him earth-based and, in a battle between two Earths, a logical combatant. Did I call franklin or the inhumans cosmics? (The inhumans are debatable.)

Marrduke says:

"yea,..bc the purple man would go after flash on the moon???,..now your just reacting and swaying the situation to circumstances YOU want/like. -I am making logical and fair arguments and assumptions givin a city wide/planet wide battle. while Your just caught up in''We'll the flash could just do this to this one guy,..and then do this to this other one...ect..instaed of see HUNDREDS of people fighting) the chaos that ensues, and them teamwork/communications line on both ends. -why would silly marvel even try,..the flash is omnipotant and could ipe the whole universe out -dude seriously......... ps...how does the flash run in space when it's a complete vacume so you can't accellerate, produce friction,..or change your momentum???? That's just bad science."

You're just not understanding this. Flash ran where there was no air, yet was still able to function perfectly becase of his speed force aura. That means he either doesn't need to breathe at all when running, or has another supply of air while running. Either way, that means that he won't be exposed to Purple Man's chemicals since the air they are traveling in won't be getting breathed in. On top of that, if in some way they do get to Flash, his metabolism will get rid of them before they can do anything. Flash moves so fast that even hundreds of people working together are like individual units. In his measure of time, they won't be interacting with each other, they'll just be standing still, waiting to die. Flash can run in space because of his speed force aura. It's not bad science, it's comic book science.

#189 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"Forever says:
"Marrduke says:
You know that light speed is about 186,000 miles per second. And most of the Marvel heroes are hanging out in New York, so for him they might as well be all lined up."
there are heroes in the MU that can go just as fast,........."

Who?

#190 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

There's not a single soul in the Marvel U can match the Flash's speed. You dont have to line em up for them to get took out. I have yet to hear you come up with a viable scenario in which the Flash is negated.

#191 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just one character. Hell, he's only one speedster! Yes, he's the best, but DC has others.

#192 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Marrduke says:
"Forever says:
"Marrduke says:

Who?"

for captain marvel (black woman) that;s her power.

#193 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Any body want to try beating their head into a wall. It will be less painful.

#194 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"for captain marvel (black woman) that;s her power. "

Only when she gets a chance to turn to light, and even then, she's slower than Flash and still subject to a speed steel, IMP or a speed force dump.

#195 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Also the new flash Bart is the fastest incarntion of the flash as he does not share the speed force with any other flas making him pretty awesome.

But I do need to point out the Speed force does not exist in the Marvel Uni , SO unlees the flash has the backpack that Steel made for him and the battle was in the marvel uni he is screwed.

#196 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"Forever says:
"Marrduke says:
"Forever says:
"Marrduke says:
Who?"
for captain marvel (black woman) that;s her power. "

NOOB SHUT THE HELL UP , YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT and sit in a freaking conner and die.

#197 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Marrduke says:

I'm not classifying them by powers, I'm doing it by where they're from and where they are most often. Superman operates out of Metropolis, Earth. When threats to the planet pop up, he's one of the ones that deals with them. That makes him earth-based and, in a battle between two Earths, a logical combatant. Did I call franklin or the inhumans cosmics? (The inhumans are debatable.)

Marrduke says:

"yea,..bc the purple man would go after flash on the moon???,..now your just reacting and swaying the situation to circumstances YOU want/like. -I am making logical and fair arguments and assumptions givin a city wide/planet wide battle. while Your just caught up in''We'll the flash could just do this to this one guy,..and then do this to this other one...ect..instaed of see HUNDREDS of people fighting) the chaos that ensues, and them teamwork/communications line on both ends. -why would silly marvel even try,..the flash is omnipotant and could ipe the whole universe out -dude seriously......... ps...how does the flash run in space when it's a complete vacume so you can't accellerate, produce friction,..or change your momentum???? That's just bad science."

You're just not understanding this. Flash ran where there was no air, yet was still able to function perfectly becase of his speed force aura. That means he either doesn't need to breathe at all when running, or has another supply of air while running. Either way, that means that he won't be exposed to Purple Man's chemicals since the air they are traveling in won't be getting breathed in. On top of that, if in some way they do get to Flash, his metabolism will get rid of them before they can do anything. Flash moves so fast that even hundreds of people working together are like individual units. In his measure of time, they won't be interacting with each other, they'll just be standing still, waiting to die. Flash can run in space because of his speed force aura. It's not bad science, it's comic book science."

Superman is an earth based hero, nowhere near 'cosmic' terms in the DCU...

if you're looking for seriously cosmic characters in the DCU you'd be talking about Parallax, Ion and a few others...

those are the guys that can wipe out pretty much all of the Marvel universe without even breaking a sweat

you want to talk about the flash's speed being bad science... it's his aura from the speed force that allows these things to be possible...

but if you just want to bitch about the 'bad science' of the comic book characters universe i'll start with the physics of mutations and the physics of creating adamantium, very quickly discounting wolverine and the other 90% of mutants you're fielding...

or shall i start with discounting Silver Surfers abilities using standard quantum physics?

maybe bringing in the fantastic four's 'mutation' from 'cosmic rays' and completely disproving that from a very basic science standpoint...

maybe i'll just start with the Hulk and completely dismiss gamma radiation as a basis for mutation from it's standard wavelength and phase

now, shall we continue this conversation seriously or am i going to have to continue destroying the marvel universe from a 'scientific' standpoint?

Marrduke says:

"Forever says:
"Marrduke says:

aside from silver surfer there is noone i know of in the Marvel universe that can beet flash for pure speed or application of the speed force

#198 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

last_Arrow says:

"Also the new flash Bart is the fastest incarntion of the flash as he does not share the speed force with any other flas making him pretty awesome. But I do need to point out the Speed force does not exist in the Marvel Uni , SO unlees the flash has the backpack that Steel made for him and the battle was in the marvel uni he is screwed."

If there's a fight with two characters, what sense does it make to take the power source away from one? If there's going to be a fight between DC and Marvel, both sides will get access to their power sources.
Post Edited:2007-06-06 14:47:27

#199 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I think something that needs to be looked at, is the fact that so much has to go into stopping the Flash, say he doesn't kill everyone in the Marvel U, so much time and effort would have to go into just one guy that the rest of the DCU would clean up. We havent even mentioned Superman, or MM.

#200 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"Forever says:
"Marrduke says:
"Forever says:
"Marrduke says:

Who?"

for captain marvel (black woman) that;s her power.

"

starts smashing his head into his desk

we've already dealt with her, it's not really a challenge...

ok, we've moved on from the flash argument...

anyone you want to send up against Hal Jordan?

maybe he could just wipe out all the X-men from the planet with a few constructs, just him, or do you want the entire Green Lantern Corps to intervene on DC's behalf?