This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84624 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Okay, so just Wanda, he she can speak faster then they can react its over. "
she's basically Marvels answer to Zatanna... "

Exactly.

Moderator Online
#102 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto would be a real powerhouse against DC

#103 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Mephisto would be a real powerhouse against DC"

so would Etrigan against Marvel

#104 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Heart could do some damage too

#105 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

so could Zaurial / Zauriel

#106 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

You can also include Cosmic Spidey, Spider X, Onslaught, Loki, Morwen, Dormammu...

#107 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

then bring in Zod, Parallax, Nero, The Thymyscrians, The Daxamites and Gog

#108 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84624 posts) - - Show Bio

And then Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom and and Galactus and his heralds.

Moderator Online
#109 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

dunno who for surfer...

Dr Strange - Dr Fate

Dr Doom - Strange Visitor

Galactus Vs Guardians

#110 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Celestials were available, I would say Doom with Beyonder's power, and the Beyonder

#111 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

but bringing celestials into it just leads to a stalemate for everyone...

though i think it's pretty much a stalemate all round

#112 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

while i am a massive DC fan, i will admit that Marvel have one species on their team that could wipe out pretty much all of DC before the battle even started...

if they still existed that is...

#113 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

You too? I've been thinking it's a stalemate through this whole thing. No matter what either side throws, its a stalemate. They all basically counter one another.

#114 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, in the argument in DC Vs Marvel it's pretty much a stalemate

#115 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84624 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, the Flash is the wild card. One man can take over half the Marvel U out before they can even think or comprehend what to do, and thats just the first wave, Superman is almost as fast and even deadlier.

Moderator Online
#116 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Nope, the Flash is the wild card. One man can take over half the Marvel U out before they can even think or comprehend what to do, and thats just the first wave, Superman is almost as fast and even deadlier."

while i will agree to that, DC had a few more wildcards, as does Marvel.

there is one Marvel wild card that i'm really hesitant to being up, because he theoretically could turn the battle in either direction...

#117 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is it?

#118 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84624 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, who?

Moderator Online
#119 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor...

#120 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I'm glad you're done, I need to go to bed. Personally, I think you did better than the others because you attacked the problem in a different way. Not just with Scarlet Witch, but by emphasizing the damage Marvel can do on the offensive and not just trying to defend against Flash. Forever did it too but I didn't really get to debate him since we were on at different times. Anyway, good night."

I always miss Buckshot but here's my response to the Flash. The Super Adaptoid.

How many people Flash kills is dependent on how many he gets to before he gets close enough for the adaptoid to duplicate his powers. Once that happens its over for Flash and then the Super Adaptoid can turn the tables and start killing DCers in the same manner that Flash was killing Marevelites. Flash couldn't handle someone with his speed powers and the powers of the Avengers on top of that. Besides Flash would not have been expecting anyone else to be moving that fast and would have been taken completely by surprise.

Before he gets too far, he would touch the Awesome Android, to bestow the connection to the Speed Force to him as well, so now Marvel would have two ultra speedsters killing at will.

I know, I know. Amazo already has Flashes powers and would be there too. He might even destroy the Awesome Android before he and the Super Adaptoid cancel each other out. All of these would happen before everyone else even batted an eye, but all the non cosmic (Amazo actually could be considered Cosmic, but I'm willing to let him fight for DC if the Super Adaptoid is fighting for Marvel) speedsters are now out of the picture.

#121 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#122 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

dang, i miss the fun??? marvel wins :)

#123 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Nope, the Flash is the wild card. One man can take over half the Marvel U out before they can even think or comprehend what to do, and thats just the first wave, Superman is almost as fast and even deadlier."
while i will agree to that, DC had a few more wildcards, as does Marvel. there is one Marvel wild card that i'm really hesitant to being up, because he theoretically could turn the battle in either direction..."

ORACLE says:

"The Doctor..."

Oracle, you know that the Doctor is DC right?

#124 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"ORACLE says:
"Lord Gambler says:
while i will agree to that, DC had a few more wildcards, as does Marvel. there is one Marvel wild card that i'm really hesitant to being up, because he theoretically could turn the battle in either direction..."

ORACLE says:

"The Doctor..."

Oracle, you know that the Doctor is DC right? "

umm... nope, the doctor was bought by Marvell way back in the 70's (?) when they first started doing the comic... as stated in the profile i did of him myself :D

#125 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

there ya go, exact date of his first comic appearance...

17th October 1979

#126 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"there ya go, exact date of his first comic appearance... 17th October 1979 "

The Doctor from The Authority? Go figure. And here I thought DC owned them all this time. Thanks for setting me straight Oracle.

#127 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"ORACLE says:

The Doctor from The Authority? Go figure. And here I thought DC owned them all this time. Thanks for setting me straight Oracle."

eep... not, not the authority doctor...

sorry, way too many doctors in comic talk for me to get any of them set right...

the authority doctor is owned by DC, The Doctor i'm talking about is Owned by Marvel in connection with about 6 other companies for different media

#128 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"The Doctor..."

The Doctor is not Earth-based, so including him makes it cosmic (if it wasn't already). Though I haven't read any of the comics, from what I've seen of the show (I've seen every episode of the new series) he really can't do anything without time to think. Let him think or run his mouth for a few seconds and the opposition is in a world of trouble, but if someone go to him fast enough, I don't think he can handle it. Tell me if I'm wrong though since The Doctor is your specialty.

Forever says:

"I always miss Buckshot but here's my response to the Flash. The Super Adaptoid. How many people Flash kills is dependent on how many he gets to before he gets close enough for the adaptoid to duplicate his powers. Once that happens its over for Flash and then the Super Adaptoid can turn the tables and start killing DCers in the same manner that Flash was killing Marevelites. Flash couldn't handle someone with his speed powers and the powers of the Avengers on top of that. Besides Flash would not have been expecting anyone else to be moving that fast and would have been taken completely by surprise. Before he gets too far, he would touch the Awesome Android, to bestow the connection to the Speed Force to him as well, so now Marvel would have two ultra speedsters killing at will. I know, I know. Amazo already has Flashes powers and would be there too. He might even destroy the Awesome Android before he and the Super Adaptoid cancel each other out. All of these would happen before everyone else even batted an eye, but all the non cosmic (Amazo actually could be considered Cosmic, but I'm willing to let him fight for DC if the Super Adaptoid is fighting for Marvel) speedsters are now out of the picture."

Forget Amazo (he's not cosmic by the way), even if those guys could take Flash's speed (which I doubt simply because of how fast he is and I don't know how fast they can steal powers)Flash could just throw power-stealing types into the speed force. They won't get his connection with the speed force, just the speed, so they won't be able to get out. Better yet, he could just steal their speed and go even faster. Also, DC has characters that approach Flash's speed, so it's not like what will happen in Marvel. They won't be defenseless. Good plan, but I don't think it will work.

ORACLE says:

"Forever says:
"ORACLE says:
The Doctor from The Authority? Go figure. And here I thought DC owned them all this time. Thanks for setting me straight Oracle."
eep... not, not the authority doctor... sorry, way too many doctors in comic talk for me to get any of them set right... the authority doctor is owned by DC, The Doctor i'm talking about is Owned by Marvel in connection with about 6 other companies for different media "

Correct. Bringing in The Doctor and the rest of the WSU's big guns would be interesting though. I'm serious guys, you're having issues dealing with just one team in DC (and really just Flash for the most part), but there is a whole universe there. It only gets worse.

#129 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"Forever says:
"ORACLE says:
eep... not, not the authority doctor... sorry, way too many doctors in comic talk for me to get any of them set right... the authority doctor is owned by DC, The Doctor i'm talking about is Owned by Marvel in connection with about 6 other companies for different media "

Oh well damn. Who's the Doctor you're talking about? I don't think I know him. I'm assuming youre not just talking about Dr. Strange.

#130 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

if you're bringing in the 'wildstorm' universe into it then marvel is just asking for an Asskicking of epic proportions

as for the doctor, he's half human and half gallifreyan, but i'd put him as a celestial because of some of his more 'advanced' powers...

don't argue with someone who can hold back the forces of a black hole with just their mind...

#131 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"ORACLE says:
"Forever says:
"ORACLE says:

Oh well damn. Who's the Doctor you're talking about? I don't think I know him. I'm assuming youre not just talking about Dr. Strange."

if i give you this as a hint will you get it?

#132 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see you Buckshot

Buckshot says:

Forever says:

"I always miss Buckshot but here's my response to the Flash. The Super Adaptoid. How many people Flash kills is dependent on how many he gets to before he gets close enough for the adaptoid to duplicate his powers. Once that happens its over for Flash and then the Super Adaptoid can turn the tables and start killing DCers in the same manner that Flash was killing Marevelites. Flash couldn't handle someone with his speed powers and the powers of the Avengers on top of that. Besides Flash would not have been expecting anyone else to be moving that fast and would have been taken completely by surprise. Before he gets too far, he would touch the Awesome Android, to bestow the connection to the Speed Force to him as well, so now Marvel would have two ultra speedsters killing at will. I know, I know. Amazo already has Flashes powers and would be there too. He might even destroy the Awesome Android before he and the Super Adaptoid cancel each other out. All of these would happen before everyone else even batted an eye, but all the non cosmic (Amazo actually could be considered Cosmic, but I'm willing to let him fight for DC if the Super Adaptoid is fighting for Marvel) speedsters are now out of the picture."
"Forget Amazo (he's not cosmic by the way), even if those guys could take Flash's speed (which I doubt simply because of how fast he is and I don't know how fast they can steal powers)Flash could just throw power-stealing types into the speed force. They won't get his connection with the speed force, just the speed, so they won't be able to get out. Better yet, he could just steal their speed and go even *faster*. Also, DC has characters that approach Flash's speed, so it's not like what will happen in Marvel. They won't be defenseless. Good plan, but I don't think it will work."

I couldn't tell you how fast they steal powers either, that's all just theory there but no one from Marvel approaches those speeds (except cosmic individuals like the Runner or Surfer) so if DC speed blitzes them it would be one of their best bets.

No stipulations were set so we don't even know if anyone was allowed to prepare or where everyone was when this battle commences. Does Xavier have time to pinpoint Flash's mind before the action starts and take him over? Nothing was stipulated but if we're assuming as you are, that everyone is frozen in their normal state of being (with exceptions being made for Tony being in his armor, Colossus having transformed, Banner having already become Hulk) then yeah Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman and a host of other speedsters are going to tear into Marvel. I keep saying it depends on how things are started.

"I'm serious guys, you're having issues dealing with just one team in DC (and really just Flash for the most part), but there is a whole universe there. It only gets worse."

I picked this side out of sentimentality, knowing full well that Marvel's the underdog. Marvel's really not very likely to win without having the benefit of some offworlders to help out.

#133 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh the good Doctor. Doctor Who. Got it.

#134 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"No stipulations were set so we don't even know if anyone was allowed to prepare or where everyone was when this battle commences. Does Xavier have time to pinpoint Flash's mind before the action starts and take him over? Nothing was stipulated but if we're assuming as you are, that everyone is frozen in their normal state of being (with exceptions being made for Tony being in his armor, Colossus having transformed, Banner having already become Hulk) then yeah Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman and a host of other speedsters are going to tear into Marvel. I keep saying it depends on how things are started. "

I'm assuming there's no prep because prep would be extra, so if it were there the thread starter would need to say it. Since it wasn't said, it's not there. I agree though, give both sides equal time to prepare and it's a different kind of fight. However that does depend a lot on what they're preparing for. Are they preparing for a basic alien invasion, or would they have knowledge of the powers and abilities of their enemies before they got there? A fight with prep with this many characters (and so many prep gods) would be impossible to predict though, so I won't.

#135 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm with buckshot here...

no prep, just basic fight.

having prep time s just like handing DC the win on a platter

#136 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Ahh the good Doctor. Doctor Who. Got it."

lol yeah, if i ever refer to 'the doctor' it him, otherwise i'll go by character names not titles

#137 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

You act like I'm using Flash alone to face Marvel. I'm not. I'm just saying that he could lay waste to at least half of Marvel's Earth-based heroes. There are some who could survive (with time to think), but most couldn't, that's why he's just the first wave. Also, you bringing in The Runner takes the fight back to an abstract/god-being thing and it becomes a stalemate again. (Read my previous posts, I covered this already.) Again with Molecule Man, just because he knows something is coming, doesn't mean he can stop it. Spider-Man would know Flash was coming even before he got to him (something Molecule Man wouldn't know) but that doesn't mean he could avoid him. Until Molecule Man exibits FTL reaction times, Flash will take him down. And in an all-out multiversal battle, of course both sides are going to be going for the kill. Even if they weren't though, it wouldn't stop Flash from simply throwing everyone he came across into the Speed Force.

Magneto and Prof X: Neither can react faster than Flash.

Thanos: Any planning assumes prep time. Also, Thanos' inclusion makes it at least a cosmic-level battle. I addressed that already.

Sentry: One of the few who could possibly react to Flash, but Flash could always hit him with a few IMPs (the guy is currently getting his ass handed to him by a robotic transvestite, some IMPs would do major damage) and failing that, Flash could toss him in the Speed Force. Don't say that's lame, Sentry tosses everything in the sun.

Kitty Pryde: Won't/Can't react fast enough to phase before he got to her (since she'd most likely have no warning) and even if she did, she doesn't have the reaction time to rip anything off of or out of a running Flash.

Scarlet Witch: Before she can get out the words "No more Flash" she'd be dead. Failing that, Zatanna shuts down the witch with, "Adnaw erom on."

Eternal Chaos says:

daer buckshot...YOU act as if everyone id just lined up and the flash apparently has claravoiance and mantal abilities to just hone in on someone,..after his first strike, one of NUMEROUS menatly talented individuals would have cought on, and either called in support,..or just "turned his mind off) but apparently due to you linear line of thinking the flash can beat the entire Marvel Universe.

#138 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD what happened to my typing on that last post,....apologies all around

#139 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

smacks his head onto the desk

this is going to turn into an argument again isn't it?

and we were getting on so well on talking about the characters calmly...

#140 Posted by Marrduke (82 posts) - - Show Bio

hahahahaha,..no it's just that sometimes fun, and logic cannnot win.......

#141 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Prep's too problematic. And forcing all of the action to being at once really tips everything in DC's favor.

#142 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry I meant begin.

#143 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

i really think marvel would win

#144 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrduke says:

"daer buckshot...YOU act as if everyone id just lined up and the flash apparently has claravoiance and mantal abilities to just hone in on someone,..after his first strike, one of NUMEROUS menatly talented individuals would have cought on, and either called in support,..or just "turned his mind off) but apparently due to you linear line of thinking the flash can beat the entire Marvel Universe."

Clairvoyance? Why would he need that? Do you need clairoyance to hit someone? That's all I'm saying he's going to do, except for Sentry, but after he hits him and he doesn't go down (he might though) he'd just switch to another tactic. He's not homing in on these people, he's just going through New York. You brought up all these guys, I was just saying how he could deal with them. How would someone catch on? Like I said, anyone who is near enough to see what's going on is too close to survive. Say Flash crashes through the Xavier Institute's doors. Before Xavier figures out that his students are all gone, he'd be dead. Say Flash is destroying Avengers Mansion, is Xavier psychically monitering that building so he'd know what Flash is doing?

#145 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

marrdike the flash can not beat the entire marvel u

#146 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

the flash can take down a lot of the marvel universe, not all of them but he can give DC a bit head start

#147 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

what about quicksilver

#148 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

ORACLE says:

"the flash can take down a lot of the marvel universe, not all of them but he can give DC a bit head start"

Yes, and that's why he's the first wave.

spiderman0409 says:

"what about quicksilver"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

#149 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"what about quicksilver"

i'm sorry, can you repeat that...

spiderman0409 says:

"what about quicksilver"

ok, i think i got that one that time...

dear god, Quicksilver Vs Flash...

thats a curbstomp if i ever saw one lol

flash has Quicksilver stretched over the entire world before he has chance to blink

#150 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

wait dosen't quicksilver have the same powers as flash