This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1001 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the questions:

1. Stories:

DC has Wildstorm (Apart of their Multiverse) and Vertigo stories to draw upon. On top of their classic runs like Johns Flash, JSA, etc... Waid's Flash and Kingdom Come, Morrison's JLA, Batman, and Superman. Etc... Both mainstream companies are neck and neck, but what REALLY puts DC over the top is Vertigo.

2. Characters:

Both have great characters. Marvel has the best villain, IMO, which is Magneto, but DC has so many obscure gems on top of their mainstream heroes like Batman and Superman that they take the cake.

3. FIGHT

DC is simply overpowered. Whether you are talking Pre-Crisis or Pre-Flashpoint. Even the editors at Marvel have said that DC is GENERALLY more powerful. DCnU is another story. DCnU is still considered a baby and because of that, Marvel is more powerful currently, but DC in general.

#1002 Edited by Celestialseed (96 posts) - - Show Bio

1. As of what I read on peoples comments..I'd say DC.

2. Marvel has better character development than DC.

3. Marvel..Due to Scarlet Witches best showings and Beyonder.

#1003 Edited by MonsterStomp (16692 posts) - - Show Bio

DC

DC - Having the dominant villains out of the two imo. Black Adam, Lex Luthor, Joker, Deathstroke.

Coin Toss - Antimonitor, Galactus, Mandrakk, Eternity, Thought Robot, etc.

#1004 Posted by JulieDC (893 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with DC on all 3. I love how DC's stories feel more epic and grand. I also feel like there is more variety to choose from. I don't really read that much Batman but I do love Nightwing and anything with Red Robin in it.

As for the characters, I feel they are more like what a superhero should be. I know the biggest complaint is that they are overpowered, but I actually like that about DC's heroes.

I've started reading a few Marvel titles recently, but for some odd reason, I got homesick for DC's stuff. I guess its because I just don't know that much about the Marvel Universe whereas I feel like actually know something about DC's just from the cartoons I grew up watching.

#1005 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

@njones5 said:

@buckshot: you have not obviously been thinking about scarlet witch and jean grey they can stop him from walking duh!!

For which they'd need time to recognize he was there and think to do something about it. Please, if you actually want to talk about this, reread the thread where this was discussed first. It'll be a time-saver.

#1006 Posted by CosmicOrochi (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll Never Get Over The Fact That Whenever A Certain Comic (Generally Marvel) Makes A New Character Or Gives One Of Their Characters A New Feat.. DC Will Give One Of Their Current Characters A New Feat To Shadow That Comics Character.

Name ANY DC Character That Hasn't Been Overpowered Dramatically..

#1007 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17145 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara said:

DC makes better stories.

DC makes better charachters.

Marvel has too many cosmic powers and entities, they win in a fight.

DC has a crap load of cosmic entities as well.

But not so many in this level. DC limits their biggest stories to one multiverse, while Marvel toss multiversal powers pretty often and they seem to create as many omniversal (megaversal) characters as DC multiversal ones.

TOAA isn't matched in DC. And Marvel already have HotU. And Nemesis. Then there is HoM Wanda, The Fulcrum (which is even more powerfull then ever considering what Marvel did in their last stupid cross between Age of Apocalypse, Astonishing X-Men and something else), Chaos King, Sise-Neg, Shuma Gorath, Insane Genis-Vell, original Star Brand, Living Tribunal, Multiversal Abstracts, Dormammu with multiversal axis, etc.

And I am not even bringing people who are suppose to be universal because they were cause of creation of universe...

#1008 Edited by CosmicOrochi (103 posts) - - Show Bio

As Far As Powerful..

Living Tribunal, Cyttorak, Rune Thor, Ahkenaten, Kronos, Doc Strange, Master Order, Lord Chaos, Impossible Man, Magus, Tyrant, Frank Richards, Vishanti, Abraxas, Mikaboshi, Beyonder, Eternity, Onslaught, Molecule Man, Surtur, Odin, Infinity, Death, Stranger, Inbetweener, The Watchers, All Version Galactus, All Version Phoenix, SOW, Sise Neg, IF Thanos, All Celestials.. I'm Sure Theres More, Could Anyone Assist.?

Anyway, You Get The Point.

Not Even Mentioning, One Above All, Since It's The Writers. I Don't Think DC Should Mention Presence Either.

#1009 Edited by Veravin (660 posts) - - Show Bio

MARVEL-DC-MARVEL

#1010 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio
#1011 Edited by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@needlebay said:

@calebhara said:

DC makes better stories.

DC makes better charachters.

Marvel has too many cosmic powers and entities, they win in a fight.

DC has a crap load of cosmic entities as well.

But not so many in this level. DC limits their biggest stories to one multiverse, while Marvel toss multiversal powers pretty often and they seem to create as many omniversal (megaversal) characters as DC multiversal ones.

TOAA isn't matched in DC. And Marvel already have HotU. And Nemesis. Then there is HoM Wanda, The Fulcrum (which is even more powerfull then ever considering what Marvel did in their last stupid cross between Age of Apocalypse, Astonishing X-Men and something else), Chaos King, Sise-Neg, Shuma Gorath, Insane Genis-Vell, original Star Brand, Living Tribunal, Multiversal Abstracts, Dormammu with multiversal axis, etc.

And I am not even bringing people who are suppose to be universal because they were cause of creation of universe...

DC's TOAA is Grant Morrison or the "beings" the Presence mentioned in Lucifer's run. The Presence mentioned that there are beings even more powerful than it. As for HOTU, DC has the Logoz, Heart Stones, Cosmic Armor Superman, Synnar, Decreator, 5-D Imps, Lucifer, Michael, Primal Monitor, etc... DC has just as many cosmic types than Marvel.

On another board, there was a competetion between two posters on which company has the most cosmic types. So each poster made a list. The DC side had slightly more cosmic types than Marvel and the poster who made the DC list wasn't even half way done. Here was that list.

1) Beings/Forces who are beyond any creation (Beings that even Hypertime does apply to them)

The Presence/The Overseers

The Source/Carnivore with Presence's power/Gyges and Garamas/Ultimate Light/Ultimate Darkness (Ultimate Darkness and Ultimate Light are the balance of the Presence)/The Voice/The Unnameable One

The Decreator/Lucifer Morningstar/Archangel Michael/Elaine with Michael's power and Demiurgic Energy/The Adjudicator/Spectre/Eclipso (Wrath of God)

Archangel Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael, Michael (Chaos Bringer), Saraquel, Raguel

2) Hypertime abstract Beings/Forces (beings that could affect the whole Hypertimeline)

Hyperman (God of Hypertime Jonathan Kent)

World's Funnest Mr. Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite (May not be the Central Hypertimeline or 'in-continuity' Mxyzptlk or Bat-Mite but still existed from a different hypertimeline)

3) Multiversal abstract beings/forces (beings that could affect the Multiverse)

Una, the Worm of Heaven and Hell/Ea/Mallo Keeper of the Cosmic Balance/The Sword of Destiny/The Word/The Void/Demiurgic Energy/The Witching Hour /Anti-Monitor (full version)/Entropy or Krona at full potential/The Great Light (no relations to the Ultimate Darkness or Ultimate Light)/The Darkness (could be the Anti-Monitor's shadow servants merged as one. But that's debatable)/Godwave/The Ultimator or 10th dimensional beings/The Abyss

4) Universal abstract beings/fundamental forces who embody a universe (Beings that could affect a single universe)

Kismet or Eternity (same being , but the name Pre-Crisis Superwoman called her universe in Superman Family Arc)/Death/Infinity (The Timestream)/Oblivion (Nothingness)/Angor/Entropy (End of Time after everything dies)/Maltusian Gods/The Moraiei/Three Witches/Other forms the Witching Hour manifest itself throughout the universe/Destiny/Dream I/Dream II/Darksome/Yk'Kphat/the Antechamber of Souls/The Great Tree/The Abyss (Pre-Boot Dial H For Hero Villain)/5th dimensional imp king or queen (Queen Gzntplzk or King Brpxz)/Omega Attractor/Epoch with Omega Attractor/The Oracle Entity/Maaldor/Ningal/The Aleph/Order/Chaos/Willow and her husband as one (one with the universe)/OA/Quantum Field/Speed Force/Parallax Entity/Azarath/Astro-Force/Omega Effect/Alpha Energy/Zero Hour Parallax (full power)/Ion/Sunbust energy/The Shadowlands/Joker with Maaldor Power/Mr. Mxyzptlk/Bat-Mite/Lkz/Ykz/The Mxy Twins (Mxyzptlk split into 2)/A typical 5th dimensional imp (Zrffians, Thunderbolts, and Mite-Imps) (average showing)/Emperor Joker/Cosmic Lotus/Nebula Man

The Concentrator/The Primal Atom/The Sun-Stone/Genesis Box/Warlogog/Warlogog wielder/Damage (Big Bang)/Anti-Matter Cannon/The Master Blaster

5) Abstract Concepts/physical body and manifestations of the Presence

Destruction/The Decay ancient force/Anomaly (also known as Fires of Creation itself)/Desire/Despair/Dellirium/The Union/Dark Lords of the Ultra-Realm (War, Chaos, Madness, Hate, Death, Greed and Rage), Light Lords of the Ultra-Realm (Peace, Grace, Enlightenment, Love, Order, Life and Bliss)/Rama Kushna/Meshta/Wally the God Boy/Godhead

6) Physical body and manifestations of abstract concepts

Black Racer/Black Flash/Nekron I/The Ecrus/Anti-Life Entity/Anyone wielding the ALE/Eon (full power)/Decay II/Tiamat

7) Godlike Metahumans/1st class Metaphysicals, Semi-Abstract, God-Like beings, race, Demons, Angels/Metaphysicals that could affect the universe

Hamilton Benedict/Gemini Entity/Alexander Luthor/Gemworld Dimension (currently Amethyst's spirit)/Jonathan Kent/Progenitor (Element Lad reaching his full potential and becoming God of a galaxy)/Progenitor and Omnipagues (merged as one being)/

The Promethian Giants/The Quantum Mechanics/The Anti-Matter Man (Pre-Boot)

Ramiel/Duma/Sandalphon/Archangel Amendaniel/Lord of Order (Shatru, St'ann, Terataya, Ynar, J'akk, Nabu the Wise, Patagones, Amethyst)/Lord of Chaos (Child, Gorrum, Hytuurnus, m'Shulla, Shivering Jemmy, The Weaver, T'Charr,The Shallow Brigade and the Laughing Dancers,The five original Lords of Chaos,Typhon, Vandaemon, Zanadu)/The Unity/Shattered God/SHAZAM's Elder Gods (Marzosh, Arel, Ribalvei, Voldar, Elbiam, Lumium)/S'ivaa The Destroyer/The Shadow Elements race/The Three Demons - Rath, Ghast, Abnegazar/Clockwerx/Trigon (in his dimension)/Krona/Bedlam/Dominus/Jakeem Thunder/Johnny Thunder/30th Century or present Mordru/The Great Darkness Saga Darkseid/Doctor Manhattan/Satan/Spear of Destiny/Azmodus (like the Spectre varies)/Shaitan/Shathan/Ultimate Man (fully evolved)/Ganthet possessed by Parallax/Superman Prime/Wonder Woman channeling the Godwave/Starbreaker/Yuga Khan/Imperiex/Brainiac 13/Fenris the Devourer/Omniphagues/Overmaster/Epoch/Vyronis/Preacherverse God/King of Tears/The Devil/Corinthian/The First of the Fallen/Saint of Killer/Angel of Death/Time Trapper I (Rokk Krinn)/Time Trapper II (Lori Morning?)/Glorith/Infinite Man/Timeless Ones/The Time Beast/Kulak/Eclipso (depowered and became Heart of Darkness)/Abraxis/Dr. Destiny/The Agents/Dark Angel/Zatanna and Adam (Godhead)/Agent If and the Realtor/The Carnivore (pre-God)/Cykroth/The Evil One/Maggedon/Alien Ator of the Timeless Place/Primordial Old Gods of Chaos/The Lords of Light/Nether-World Gods/Satan (Phantom Stranger issue pre-boot)/Willie Wisher/Father Time/Captain Skull/Cocoon of the Undying Ones

8) 1st Class Metahumans, supernatural, and aliens/2nd class Metaphysicals,Semi-Abstract, and God-Like beings/race/Demons/Angels

The Unimaginable/Unimaginable's race/Candlemaker/Egregores/TDHD MadGod of Sector 3600/Millinneum Giants/Cosmic Gamblers/OWner of the Earth/The A/Rift/Neron/The Second of the Fallen/The Third of the Fallen/The Endless One/Old Gods- Arzaz, Baaldur, Lokee, The Nameless One, Sirius, Wotan/A typical 5th dimensional imp (varies) (low showings)/The I/Luck Lords/X'Hal/Agamemno/The Aurakles/The One/The Fiend with Five Faces/Erishad's baby/Outer Gods (Shub-Niggurath, Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth, Nyarlathotep)/Elder Gods and the Old Ones (Cthulhu,M'Nagalah, k'zum'uggarth, Daemoniacus, Kolkothak, Koth-Shugoth, The Undying Ones and the N'Garai)/Netherworld Creatures/Andromeda and M'onel given powers by the Anomaly/The ID/The Miracle Machine/Parallax (Post Zero Hour)/Jericho (vessel of Azarath)/Zauriel (angel form)/Asmodel/Pax Dei host/Thrones/Saraphim/other angel host that Gabriel or Sandalphon are in charge of/Earth-Born Angels- Supergirl (angelic powers), Comet, and Blithe (if they actually use their powers), Twilight with Supergirl's Earth Born Angel Power (still has it I believe)/Jesse Custer/Genesis/The Light Entity/Leviathan (Phantom Stranger pre-boot)/Asmodeus/Oblivion II/Secret (full potential)

Sun Eater/Mr. Nebula/Cannibal Planet/Aquarius/Other Living Stars/Council of the Living Stars/Solaris/Morbiac the Zombie Star/The Vampire Sun/Mogo/Empire of Tears/Wonderworld inhabitors- Adam One, The Mote, and other Wonderworlders/Manhunter of Mars/Parliaments of Planets/Earth Elemental Swamp Thing/The Ancient Ones/Maya/Gaea

Monitor/Anti-Monitor (before he absorbed the multiverse)/Scarabus

Reply With Quote 10-11-2011, 09:55 PM #2 golgi

9) Skyfather levels

Highfather Izaya/Darkseid/Takion/Stayne/a typical Guardians of the Univese/Ganthet/Phantom Stranger/Zeus/Odin or any skyfathers/SHAZAM wizard/The Controllers/The Zamarons/Guardians Council/Qwardians (creator of the Anti-Green Lantern Corps)/Ares/Harmonia/Deimos/Eris/Phobos/Thunderhead/Helia/Odin/Osiris/Mother Herrae and other Primitives/Osirect/Anubis/Hades/Cronus/Harrier/Disdain/Titan/Slaughter/Arch/Oblivion/other skyfathers and death gods/Superman 1 million/Superman Dynasty/Koth/The Seven/Wonder Woman (Goddess)/Animal Avatars Gods (Hawkgod, Snakegods, Beargods, Bullgods, etc.)/Rao and other Kryptonian gods/Gog/Evil Avatar Raven/Trigon's Daughter Raven/Lord Satanis/Trigon (on Earth)/Infernal One/The Redeemer/Mister Miracle (ruling New Genesis)/Stone Giant's race/Parliament of Flames/Parliament of Stones/Parliament of Waves/Parliament of Trees/Parliament of Vibes/Blaze/Lord Satanus/The Three Faces of Evil- Terror, Sin, and Wickedness/Validus (Pre-Boot)/The Powerstone or anyone wielding the Powerstone/Metron/Red Jack/Rhea Jones (reaching her full potential before killing Red Jack)/Shadowy Mr. Evans/Saint of Killer/Dark Gods/Lois Lane (Goddess of Integrity)/Dreamslayer/Spirit King/Ultimate Man/X'ult/Evolvo harnessing the space and time Anomaly/Willow/Willow's chils/Snapper Carr (genetic potential)/Human race (genetic potential)/Jesse Custer/Genesis/The Ancient Ones/Xenon/Disciple/H'ronmeer/C'eridyall/The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse - Death, War, Faminine, and Plague (manifestations of The Adjudator's will)

10) Time-travelers/2nd class metahumans, supernatural, and aliens

Extant/Waverider and Linear Man/Hourman III (without the worlogog)/Gabriel Walker/Doomsday with GL Ring/Decay III/Brimstone/The Annihilator/Eon (depowered)/Godfrey Gaius (true form)/Black Zero/Gayle Marsh (Psi)/Lex Luthor (portion of Darkseid's power)/Penguin (portion of Darkseid's power)/Joker (portion of Darkseid's power)/Brainiac (potion of Darkseid's power)/Agogg/Pre-Crisis Superman/Pre-Crisis Supergirl/Pre-Crisis Kryptonians/Pre-Crisis Daxamites/Mon-El/Pre-Crisis Superboy/Pre-Crisis Wonderwoman/Pre-Crisis Andromeda/Bloodthirst (could be higher, not much is known about him except that he could change his appearance and he beat the crap out of Superman)/Monarch/Dev-Em/OWAW Doomsday/Doomsday War Doomsday/Goldstar/Triumph given powers by Lkz/Pre-Crisis Maxima/OWAW Superman (merged with Strange Visitor)/Pre-Crisis Ultraboy/Superwoman (Kristen Wells)/Hunter and Prey Doomsday/Element Lad/Element Man/Starfinger/Star Boy/Kid Quantum II/Kid Pyscho/Graviton Man/Gravity Lord (both could be higher)/Superboy Robot (pre-crisis)/Atmos/Brother Blood/Dr. Light (full potential, enraged, and very crazy)/Dr. Light II/Superboy of the 843rd Century/Superboy 1 million

11) Herald-Class Level/3rd class angels, metahuman, supernautrals, and demons/Hulk-Level

Helspont/Lord Defile/Saviour/Regis and Blue Aliens/Preacherverse Devil/Dark Lantern/Dark Flash/Fernus/Burning Martians/Vartox/Amazo/The OMAC Androids/BION/Composite Superman/Garok/Dr. Fate/Dr. Fate II/Dr. Fate III/Dr. Fate IV/Tim Hunter/Tim Hunter II (Tim Hunter's evil counterpart from another universe)/Anti-Fate (high portrayal in the Fates and TM)/Kestrel I/Krestrel II/Composite Man/Deadman (varies)/Green Lantern Priest/Creator-2/Zatanna/Jennifer Morgan/Janissary with Book of Eternity/Despero/Zoom 2/Shaggy Man/The General/The Elementals (Swamp Thing, Red Tornado, Firestorm, Naiad)/Orion (highest showing)/Brainiac 2.5/Doomsday Rex/Sun-dipped Superman

Martian Manhunter/Malefic/Hyperclan- A-Mortal, Armek, Fluxus, Primad, Protex, Tronix, Zenturion and Zum/Green, Pale, Red and White Martians (at their best)/Alan Scott/Kyle Rayner/Raker/Hal Jordan/Kilowog/John Stewart/Guy Gardner/typical Green Lantern (highest showing)/Wally West (highest showing or using Speed Force)/Sinestro/Effigy/Nero/Major Force/Captain Atom (highest showing)/Firestorm I and Firestorm II (highest showing)/Celeste Rockfish/Cobalt Blue/Kilg%re/Obsidian/Dr. Polaris

Superman/Mr. Majestic (could be ranked higher)/M'onel/The Martians (average to high)/Kryptonians/Daxamites/Andromeda/Captain Marvel/Lightray/Black Adam/Eradicator/Martian Mahunter/Alan Scott/Kyle Rayner/Raker/Hal Jordan/Kilowog/John Stewart/Guy Gardner/typical Green Lantern (average)/Ultraman/Orion (average showing)/Captain Atom (average showing)/Doomsday/Firestorm I/Firestorm II (average to high)/Breach/Max Faraday/The Void/Providence/Manchester Black/Power Ring/Massacre/High-Tech/Anti-Green Lanterns/Malefic/Green Martians/Rhea Jones/Preus/Cyborg Superman/Mongul/Zatanna (average showing)/Auron/Radiant/Despero/Thor/Captain Comet/Starboy/Starman I/Starman II/Starman III/Starman IV/Starman V/Starman VI/Starman VII/Starman VIII/Starman 1,000,000/Lord Malvolio/Jade/Evil Star/General Zod/Ignition/Kancer/Warrior/Lex Luthor (Armor)/Manchester Black/Triumph/Strata/The Crusade/The Union/Golgoth/Superman Robots/Superman Androids/Brainiac/Pulsar Stargrave/Ultivac/Manhunters/Darkstars/Arion/Dr. Occult/Echantress/Steel (Aegis Entropy Armor)/Ultraboy/Warlord of Ys/Anti-Matter Man/Antithesis/Brainwave II/Ferro Lad/Cosmic Boy (pre-Crisis)/Gaius (in coma)/Lobo/Etrigan

Wonder Woman/Circe/Maxima (high showing)/Samaritan/Apollo/Icon/The Martians (low showings)/the Green Lanterns (average to low showings)/Captain Atom (average to low showings)/Maul/Solomon Grundy/Uncle Sam/Death Rite (Draaga)/Hercules/Mantis/Ultra Boy/Captain Marvel Jr./Mary Marvel (high showing on the Marvel sidekicks)/Geoforce (high showing)/Faora/Arclight/Son of Vulcan/Bizarro/Thor/Wanjina/Red Tornado/

Body Defenses of the Owner of the Earth/Kalibak/Grayven/Superwoman/Zealot/Validus (Post Zero-Hour)/Steve Dayton/Solaar/The Olympian/Ferro/Cosmic Boy (post-Crisis)/Scanner/White Drawf/Drone/4D/The Key/Imperiex Probes/Heralds of the Owner of the Earth/Terraformer of the Owner of the Earth /Jenny Quantum

Adam Strange/Animal Avatars (Hawkman,Hawkwoman,Lord Viper, avatars of Bears, Barracudas, Snakes, etc.)

#1012 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17145 posts) - - Show Bio

@needlebay:

This kind of ranking don't tell us what feats they have.

Which one of them destroyed Multvierse? Which one of them created one? Or universe? And Presence isn't omnipotent as much as I don't see how we could put Lucifer or Michael above multiversal level.

#1013 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@needlebay:

Which one of them destroyed Multvierse? Which one of them created one? Or universe? And Presence isn't omnipotent as much as I don't see how we could put Lucifer or Michael above multiversal level.

Synnar who had god's power has created the multiverse. AM destroyed all but 3 universes, The Primal Monitor treated DC's multiverse like a germ. The Decreator was practically unstoppable, Mxy (WF) destroyed DC's Omniverse/Hypertime, etc... There are plenty of DC's characters that can do the same.

#1014 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17145 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@needlebay:

Synnar who had god's power has created the multiverse. AM destroyed all but 3 universes, The Primal Monitor treated DC's multiverse like a germ. The Decreator was practically unstoppable, Mxy (WF) destroyed DC's Omniverse/Hypertime, etc... There are plenty of DC's characters that can do the same.

1.He had god's power, so it should barely be used here, since we also shouldn't use IG and Nemesis separately.

2.COIE AM has counterpart in Marvel, that actually wasn't defeated - Chaos King.

3.WF isn't canon.

4.Decreator seems to be similar to Marvel Hunger who also wasnt't defeated, but is still eating universes.

5.Primal Monitor hardly was shown, but ok, if we count him as omniversal (I belive it is Your point), Marvel also has omniversal powers, like HoM Wanda. I am using her instead of TOAA, because I don't think that we know anything about PM's omnipotence else than that part about Multiverse being very small to him.

#1015 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@needlebay said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@needlebay:

1.He had god's power, so it should barely be used here, since we also shouldn't use IG and Nemesis separately.

2.COIE AM has counterpart in Marvel, that actually wasn't defeated - Chaos King.

3.WF isn't canon.

4.Decreator seems to be similar to Marvel Hunger who also wasnt't defeated, but is still eating universes.

5.Primal Monitor hardly was shown, but ok, if we count him as omniversal (I belive it is Your point), Marvel also has omniversal powers, like HoM Wanda. I am using her instead of TOAA, because I don't think that we know anything about PM's omnipotence else than that part about Multiverse being very small to him.

1. He had the power of the Demiurge, which is a similar power like HOTU. There is also the Logoz, which is connected to ALL things in the multiverse, including cosmic forces and which also links you to God himself.

2. Chaos King would be balanced out by Great Evil Beast or Nekron.

3. WF is canon, since Hypertime links all stories of the DCU.

4. Decreator is another aspect of god itself.

5. True, but PM had infinite power and knowledge and might be shown again in Multiversity. It was on the level of Beyonder, IMO.

#1016 Posted by robertloucksjr (1711 posts) - - Show Bio
#1017 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliedc said:

I'd go with DC on all 3. I love how DC's stories feel more epic and grand. I also feel like there is more variety to choose from. I don't really read that much Batman but I do love Nightwing and anything with Red Robin in it.

As for the characters, I feel they are more like what a superhero should be. I know the biggest complaint is that they are overpowered, but I actually like that about DC's heroes.

I've started reading a few Marvel titles recently, but for some odd reason, I got homesick for DC's stuff. I guess its because I just don't know that much about the Marvel Universe whereas I feel like actually know something about DC's just from the cartoons I grew up watching.

#1018 Edited by GhostRavage (8764 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Marvel

2) Marvel

3) Marvel (Because Marvel Cosmic Entities have more feats to prove their powers while DC's are mostly based on speculation)

Btw. I didn't bother in replying to people because this thread its actually very old buuuuuut... Superman and Spiderman are the most iconic and most popular Superheroes of all time. Not Batman and Superman not anything else.

#1019 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is just as iconic and the most popular super hero. At least in the US. WW as well. She's the most recognized female SH ever.

#1020 Posted by YesImAHulkFanboy (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel

Marvel

Marvel

#1021 Posted by Veravin (660 posts) - - Show Bio
#1022 Edited by Emp3rorD4v1d (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and DC are on par when it comes to story telling.

Marvel has better characters because DC is full of god like characters except f

#1023 Posted by Ondskapt666 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@soldier_of_death: DC only has Batman, Flash, Superman and Wonderwoman, you're funny. You say it like they are nothing to the history of comic books and to DC comics. For your information, they do have more and the few you mentioned, are highly popularized.

You don't think DC has characters who can face Beyonder and Onslaught? You are very arrogant.

#1024 Posted by Ondskapt666 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have good stories.

Both have great characters.

I don't see any winner, I see an apocalypse.

#1025 Posted by 0_Apocalypse_0 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

1 : Batman is the best. However, the rest of DC suck, so generally marvel is the best.

2 : Marvel.

3 : Molecule man defeats DC. Or even the top tier of mutants will do (Leigon, Franklin Richards, Cable, Nate Grey, Exodus, Scarlet Witch).

#1026 Posted by i_like_swords (13822 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Personal Preference.

2. Personal Preference.

3. Coin Toss. Probably stalemate.

#1027 Posted by The Stegman (23770 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Personally DC

2. Personally DC

3. Draw

#1028 Posted by HaiDer (10 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel has awesome stories

dc have the flashes and blue beetle

with prep time marvel wins the fight, because they just get toaa and like the next ten strongest characters to show their powers in front of protege, then he solos the dcverse

#1029 Edited by GreenBow (33 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Don't know

2. DC

3. DC

I hate alien/mutated superheroes and Marvel is based on that!

#1030 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9978 posts) - - Show Bio

DC across the board baby!!!

#1031 Edited by nightwing444 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

1.If you are Marvel fan , look at yourself in the mirror and try to ask yourself which are the top ten stories of all time.do you get even ONE marvel story on the list? Next think about this word:VERTIGO.

2 Marvel STARTED with the whole idea of character development....but DC have long since surpassed them.Just look at my fav Nightwing.From Robin to Nightwing to Batman. Or look at Wally West.Or even Damian Wayne's journey from villain to hero.DC wins

3.Marvel wins an all out war because of all the reality warpers.Another reason Marvel crossovers suck is they use less science and more "no more mutants".At least the Anti Matter Wave was feasible

#1032 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5092 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel in all 3.

#1033 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

@anathema: You ever heard of Batman Begins movies or The dark knight? They all got an connection through them. Sure spiderman movies is also good but i'd say Batman is a better character with the story line as you saw when he was a kid

#1034 Posted by i_like_swords (13822 posts) - - Show Bio

Stories - Both have good stories

Characters - Both have good characters

Fight - Too many variables

This thread - Pointless

Conclusion - Valiant is better than both

#1035 Edited by TommyJones1945 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is kerosene for a flame war, lol

Plus if u want to see czarny getting spanked. Check Needlebay's comment uptop.

CIN.

#1036 Edited by SS_Ruprecht (21 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of storytelling, I think a lot of you are forgetting that DC comics doesn't just have iconic characters, it has iconic stories as well....Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, Year One, The Long Halloween, Batman: Hush...I mean, I'm sure Marvel has an amazing lineup of stories that could be pointed out, but in terms of pure storytelling, these are by far head and heels above anything that I've seen from Marvel (I mostly read Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, and Spiderman), and I'm sure you'll agree that most of what Marvel has in terms of comparable material, isn't as extensive.

For characters, a lot of Marvels characters aren't really that compelling. Okay, Daredevil and the Punisher are, but when I look at other characters like The Hulk, Spiderman, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, and even Wolverine, none of their origin stories are really as prominent/important to the characters as their actions/deeds are. It seems DC characters seem to focus more on where characters began and how that shapes their decisions, while Marvel focuses more on what characters do or are forced to do and how that shapes. I personally prefer DC's characters because of how they approach characters, and I really think that the way they approach them is far more compelling on a more human level, since we all can recreate someones actions through some means or force of will, but what makes each of us truly unique, is our origin, and how it has shaped us into who we are. DC's motto is that hero's are born, Marvels is that you become a hero. At least that's how I see it.

In a brawl, if we eliminate god-tier characters of mass omnipotence, I'm not sure. Marvel REALLY likes the unkillable types, whereas DC prefers to have the "so powerful they might as well be unkillable" (Even though flagship titular characters have "died" in the past, like Superman). I'd say that it's a draw here.

#1037 Posted by Debaditya (1 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel vs dc...please...easy out come...DC ,DC, DC....the new 52 stories are better and brighter.....marvel lost its edge.....i totally hated the age of ultron series....although a few marvel stories are better than dc but still...its DC all the way......

#1038 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1456 posts) - - Show Bio

Stories

Marvel

Characters

Marvel

Fight

Fulcrum + OAA + OAA + Scathan + Living tribunal + Protoge vs MIcheal, Lucifer and Presence = Marvel win

#1039 Posted by patrat18 (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

DC

DC

Coin toss you decide.

#1040 Posted by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

DC times 3

#1041 Posted by Equilbrium (229 posts) - - Show Bio

DC- Lucifer series

DC-Lucifer

DC- all the 5th dimension imps, Endless, Lucifer, Michael, Source, Presence, Elaine, The World, ALE entity, Spectre, Ion, Parallax, The Radiant, and angels takes it.

#1042 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel stories in general seem better due to social references such as racism and alcoholism. DC has caught up since then so really it comes down to whoever your a bigger fan of. I like Marvel.

I see the Joker alone taking this for DC. He's the only character in comics who has led indirectly to real world deaths just by people trying to get into his head/act like him. That's some POWER for a fictional character rivaled only by religious figures.

DC with Lucifer, God-Spawn, Prime-1mill. Spectre....

#1043 Posted by PowerWoman (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel

DC

Marvel,Marvel hero isnt powerful,but cosmos level is too much for DC

#1044 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

DC- Crisis of infinite earths, infinite crisis, our worlds at war, world war three, knightfall, death in the family, superman all star, dark knight returns and more. Plus resent marvel events avengers vs xmen, battle of the atom, age of ultron, infinity weren't that good or just plain terrible.

DC- Most of marvels characters are kind of boring and annoying. Plus most of their characters are rip offs

DC- This comes down to who you like more cause toaa and the presence are things for the writers to act threw and I like DC more. Plus DC has three omnipotent beings and there can be more than one omnipotent being so yeah.

#1045 Edited by Iragexcudder (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel

DC

Marvel

I'm not stating my reasons, it would cause a flame war.

#1046 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has better stories by far. They're more relatable and personal stories as opposed to DC's stories which tend to be super-uber-cosmic-explosion-Michael-Bay-crazy-omg stories.

Both have awesome characters. The villains on both sides are pretty epic (Venom/Thanos - Joker/Darkseid) and so are the heroes (Iron Man/Spiderman - Batman/Green Arrow), but Marvel wins in terms of the characters' stories, relatability, and likability. DC wins in terms of speed. The Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc. are all much faster than anyone in the Marvel universe. All Marvel's got is Quicksilver... and he sucks bawlz.

No one would win. The fight would end up just being The One Above All and the Presence having an eternal staring contest. Both of whom can easily annihilate the entire DC and Marvel universes combined but neither can do a single thing to each other. It would be a stalemate.

#1047 Posted by Schmalzel (339 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to get this out of the way by saying I prefer Marvel, but that is past tense. Story is now DC Characters is more of a preference even now and battle between the 2, Marvels Cosmic Entities have more feats to stand on so that would be the end all be all, JLA being more powerful then Avengers means nothing when the Abstracts such as Living Tribunal, Beyonder, Galactus, so on and so forth.

#1048 Edited by darklord_apoc (1346 posts) - - Show Bio

Love both Marvel and D.C stories so its a tie for me.....

Love both also, so another tie

Well I don't know lol so another tie:)

#1049 Posted by Tanduayxxx (5 posts) - - Show Bio

DC all the way.. Majority of stories in marvel are pieces of trash same can be said of marvel fans.

#1050 Edited by SuperDrummer (721 posts) - - Show Bio

Stories: I really like some of marvel's stories... like I REALLY like some of them. But for every one that I can't get enough of there are two or three I tend to pretend never happened... DC stories meanwhile, while they generally can't compete with the best marvel stories, in general are better, so I'm giving this to DC.

Characters: I'm a marvel guy, DC never stood a chance in my mind.

The fight: DC characters are simply stronger... DC.

Marvel is better... but DC wins this 2/3