DC vs Marvel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#851  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

First contest: I think it's a dead tie. If you want action pack stories than I would go to Marvel, but check DC for characters. If you want stories with depth, I guess they're a tie. Marvel seems to have too much fighting at times. Most of Marvel characters are more realistic and more relatable in real life situations. If I had to pick, I choose Marvel barely(depending on what type of story you want).

Second contest: This is kinda easy. I say Marvel, for the sole reason I said above, there characters have are more realistic and relatable. They also have better story lines and origins, though same can be said for DC characters. In terms of design in body, looks, and costumes, thats the only thing DC characters have on Marvel.

Third Contest: This is also a clear win for Marvel. I think DC has less of street levelers, and have more of planet busters in they're company. Marvel has more street level geniuses that with prep they would win. They also have planet busters like Thanos, Thor, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Hulk etc., it's that hey don't have as much(once again, they're planet busters are just as powerful, but they don't have enough). What gives Marvel the win is that they have way more universal busters and Omnipotent beings, while DC only has few(One Above All, Living Tribunal, Eternity, The Beyonder, Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet etc.). Galactus could probably give the classic Justice Leaugue America (which is Superman, Batman, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter) a good fight alone, if not win.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#852  Edited By blackadamFTW

DC

DC

DC

I must say, there is a shocking amount of Marvel fan boys on here, and a lot of terrible arguments. This is coming from a DC fan boy, but seriously, some pretty bad arguments.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#853  Edited By Kinasin_

1.DC

2.DC

3.DC

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#854  Edited By kingjoeg

I think DC has the better villains and stories, but marvel has way more good characters and I enjoy the marvel universe more than DC.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#855  Edited By TAneT62

DCDCDCDCDCDCDC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC I'm just doing this because DC would rip Marvel apart.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#856  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

My completely biased opinion (as is everyone else's who posted on this thread. 

DC has FAR better stories, nothing Marvel has done imo comes close to 52 or Kingdom Come 

DC has more interesting characters to me, and that whole "Marvel has more relatable characters" thing is just a myth that people ignorant to DC keep spreading 

As for an actual battles,  

DC Earth>> Marvel Earth 

Marvel Universe> DC Universe

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#857  Edited By emperorznb

First Contest: MARVEL

I have read comics from both sides and I like them both but Marvel has the slight advantage on the storyline. They have less overpowered characters in everyday series and most of them has the kind of twist in the ending. Also, they'd have you guessing what comes next or why did the character do that stupid thing... it's because of the next story. Whereas for me, DC is sometimes very predictable when it comes to plot. I am not saying all the time but I guessed what is happening on the next scene on DC more than in Marvel so there....

Second Contest: DC

I am not really sure about this one since "better" can be somewhat ambiguous. It could be better in terms of abilities or better as in overall character. I picked DC because of the slight advantage since most of the characters there have great origins and awesome depiction. Also, what I liked about DC is that they reboot to change the origin... to make them better perse.

Third Contest: MARVEL

Beyonder. Nuff said.

troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#858  Edited By troller

BUM-P

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#859  Edited By The_Thunderer

1) DC

2) Marvel (thor SS Abstracts Dr strange and skyfathers tip it for me)

3) Pretty sure DC have no answer for TOAA or Living Tribunal..feel free to correct me though..

troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#860  Edited By troller

@The_Thunderer: THOR is not an interesting character!!!1

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#861  Edited By The_Thunderer

@troller: in your opinion.

troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862  Edited By troller

@The_Thunderer: Opinions are like onions....

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863  Edited By Jayfournines

@The_Thunderer: I believe the Presence and The Spectre are the DC equivalents to TOAA and The Living Tribunal

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#864  Edited By blackadamFTW

I'm gonna say DC for all three.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#865  Edited By Jayfournines

First Contest: DC as of late, but man did Marvel kick their asses a few years ago

Second Contest: Depends on whatcha mean...DC has the most iconic and inspiring characters (on my opinion) but Marvel has the most compelling and human characters

Third contest: DC all the way

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#866  Edited By ChaosBlazer

I think Marvel has better stories and characters because DC's main characters are overpowered, like Superman and Wonder Woman. It's harder to relate to characters like that because, they aren't down to Earth, they are too powerful. Superman can't really be an easy to relate to hero because he doesn't have normal-people problems, like Spiderman or Daredevil or Wolverine. Marvel's best, most famous characters are less powerful than DC's, which is a good thing. In DC they have to keep on making bigger, worse threats to humankind or Earth or whatever just to keep Superman and Martian Manhunter or whoever busy, in Marvel they can make the villains less powerful, maybe the problems aren't all evil supervillains, they can be normal people problems too. With a hero like Spiderman, there are fights he can't win, things he can't do, which is what makes him a true hero, in my book.

I find day-to-day that Marvel has better stories, that I can relate to more than DC's stories.

plus I think DC relies too much on weird, fictional alien races in the comics (Kryptonians, Czarnians well only Lobo there)

and in a massive fight between all characters, there are literally way too many variables to count in.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#867  Edited By blackadamFTW

@ChaosBlazer: Yeah, because I can relate to an Asgardian God, and a giant green rage beast.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868  Edited By Bo88gdan

Marvel

Marvel

Marvel

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#869  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@blackadamFTW: So I'm assuming you can relate to an Amazonian Themysciran princess? Yeah, sounds more like your speed to me.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#870  Edited By blackadamFTW

@ChaosBlazer: Let's just say its hard to relate to both.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#871  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@blackadamFTW: Yes, I was referring to other Marvel heroes like Spiderman, Daredevil etc. Its not easy to relate to any superhero really, (because of the superpowers) but some of them are more down-to-earth, they have normal problems too.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872  Edited By blackadamFTW

@ChaosBlazer said:

@blackadamFTW: Yes, I was referring to other Marvel heroes like Spiderman, Daredevil etc. Its not easy to relate to any superhero really, (because of the superpowers) but some of them are more down-to-earth, they have normal problems too.

Marvel has those type of characters, and so does DC (i.e, the Bat Family).

troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#873  Edited By troller

@blackadamFTW: No it isn't

Just imagine that you are them

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc, even marvel will tell u that

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#875  Edited By Jayfournines

@ChaosBlazer said:

@blackadamFTW: So I'm assuming you can relate to an Amazonian Themysciran princess? Yeah, sounds more like your speed to me.

No Caption Provided
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#876  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jayfournines said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

No Caption Provided

lol

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#877  Edited By Spydey

I don't know, I never got around to read IC, but I heard it sent a pal of mine into tears lol, with Donna and her child. But I wanna say Marvel. I kinda think DC cheated with the reboot though, so they could give the characters better origins, background and such. Still though, I give the stories to Marvel. Ultimate comics were just effed up in so many ways. Like Thor, I was really asking myself, "Yo, waht if this guy really is just crazy?" And X-men Schism was kinda legit. Never really read the entire thing because I'm not an X-men fan. And to me, the only BIG DC drama has is relationship problems. It's like a soap opera, everyone's slept with everyone.

Characters? Marvel again. If you mean, stories and such. Other than the Batfam. In the beginning I used to weep for Damian so much. And to see him not wear his hood so much is like, heart warming. Powers, then yea DC. But then again, they all seem to have the same abilities. About 80% of women in DC come with these three powers; Flight, speed, and strength. Then they'll throw in another random power to make them a bit different, like magic, or...bracelets, or giant bewbies. Not saying Marvel's a bit cheap with their abilities. I hate 'time and reality warping' mutants. X-men was good because it's somewhat believable. You're like, "yea I could see some of this happening. Next step in evolution and genetics." But then you bring in time warping, and reality changing. That's borderline magic. That is magic. And magic, as far as those powers go, is in no way scientific to me. It's treading on holy or religious steps.

Last but not least, take out Franklin and Scarlet. DC. They've just got way too many heavy hitters. Maxima, Big Sexy Barda, Wonder Woman, the 80 different kryptonians, MAXIMA, all the gods. They just have way too many 100 class hitters. then you have Flashes and Zooms. Then again, I feel like nothing's stopping Quicksilver, Speed, Blur and such from using the Speed Force since it's for speedsters. And Marvel Speedsters outrank DC speedsters in strength and durability. Another reason I don't really care for DC, I'm not big on heavy hitters. There's only so many times I can watch super girl or superman go evil(Or have an evil clone) just to pose a threat to WW, or supes or whoever. When I watch Batman take on Doomsday? Edge of my seat. Or Bane? Edge of my seat.

Idk, that's just my opinion. I read DC for Damian Wayne only, really.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#878  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@ChaosBlazer:  

@blackadamFTW : Yes, I was referring to other Marvel heroes like Spiderman, Daredevil etc. Its not easy to relate to any superhero really, (because of the superpowers) but some of them are more down-to-earth, they have normal problems too.

I'm sorry, but this whole "Marvel has more relatable characters" notion is BS. For EVERY powerful character DC has, Marvel has one, for every Superman, there is a Gladiator or Sentry, for every Wonder Woman, a Thor. yeah Marvel has Spider-Man, but in vice versa DC has Blue Beetle, or Static, or any of the Bat family. DC has just as many "down to earth" characters as Marvel. 
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#879  Edited By Jayfournines

@The Stegman said:

@ChaosBlazer:

@blackadamFTW : Yes, I was referring to other Marvel heroes like Spiderman, Daredevil etc. Its not easy to relate to any superhero really, (because of the superpowers) but some of them are more down-to-earth, they have normal problems too.

I'm sorry, but this whole "Marvel has more relatable characters" notion is BS. For EVERY powerful character DC has, Marvel has one, for every Superman, there is a Gladiator or Sentry, for every Wonder Woman, a Thor. yeah Marvel has Spider-Man, but in vice versa DC has Blue Beetle, or Static, or any of the Bat family. DC has just as many "down to earth" characters as Marvel.

yeah...we can all relate to nerdy genius level humans...or rich playboys =P

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#880  Edited By ThatThorFan

Marvel

Marvel

Marvel

Marvel has much better characters. They are cooler and there is much more of them than DC. They have a wide amount of different characters. The One Above All is on marvel's side. Lets not forget that. He solo's :D

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881  Edited By renamed040924

All I'm gonna say: In round 3, TOAA and the Presence instantly blink everyone else out of existance as soon as the fight starts, so then it's between them.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#882  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@The Stegman: sorry but Bats is not relatable to the average Joe, he is a billionare playboy. Peter Parker is a young man who constantly needs a job, has problems with girls, money, his past etc.

You mistake relatability to a character with lack of powers, or being less powerful than other characters in their respective universes.

Superman is a trademark hero and an icon of DC, Sentry and Gladiator are not icons of Marvel, they are not nearly as famous.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#883  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@ChaosBlazer:  

@The Stegman : sorry but Bats is not relatable to the average Joe, he is a billionare playboy. Peter Parker is a young man who constantly needs a job, has problems with girls, money, his past etc. 

I meant all of the other bat family, Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Barbara Gordon, they are all have just as many problems as Peter, and I would even argue that those "problems" don't even apply to him anymore as he now has a stable finiacial situation, has been with scores of girls and is apart of a premiere hero team.  

You mistake relatability to a character with lack of powers, or being less powerful than other characters in their respective universes.

I'm not mistaking them, i'm giving you examples of characters who have just as many issues as Peter, heck, almost all heroes, super powered or otherwise have problems. 

Superman is a trademark hero and an icon of DC, Sentry and Gladiator are not icons of Marvel, they are not nearly as famous 

See, that's just it, Superman is more popular than Sentry or Gladiator true, but they STILL EXIST, just because they aren't as well known as Superman, doesn't mean they aren't as powerful, or at least close to it, as him. 
Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#884  Edited By Om4zd

DC - Because I haven't read Marvel in 6 years.

DC - Because they make their characters more realistic and gritty nowadays.

Tie - Because both heroes and villains on either side are badass (i.e. Batmite, Deadpool etc....lol)

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#885  Edited By Jayfournines

@ChaosBlazer said:

@The Stegman: sorry but Bats is not relatable to the average Joe, he is a billionare playboy. Peter Parker is a young man who constantly needs a job, has problems with girls, money, his past etc.

Superman is a trademark hero and an icon of DC, Sentry and Gladiator are not icons of Marvel, they are not nearly as famous.

I refuse to relate to an unemployed, two-timing, broke douche with a genius level intellect

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#886  Edited By thanobomb1124
@Bo88gdan

Marvel

Marvel

Marvel

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887  Edited By thanobomb1124
@thanobomb1124
@Bo88gdan

Marvel

Marvel

Marvel

Opps. I meant to say lol
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#888  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jayfournines: Lol

@The Stegman: ok i see, all that is true what you said, I just like Marvel more, I seem to be able to relate more to their stories.

still i think marvel wins....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#889  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@ChaosBlazer: No problem, at the end of the day, we will obviously relate to the characters we like to read more, I just don't like when people make the incorrect statement that "Marvel is more relatable than DC" cause truth be told, "relatable" is relative.
Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#890  Edited By Redberry

Personally, I prefer reading comics from Marvel better. I like Marvel characters better as well. Going by who's strongest without getting to TOAO or the Presence, then Thanos with IG could erase every single being from existence.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#891  Edited By TheCannon

Marvel does all three.

Marvel has far better stories.

Most DC characters are sh*t compared to Marvel

Marvel kills DC in a fight.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#892  Edited By Jayfournines

@ChaosBlazer: Yeah, I think this boils down to personal preference, there's no 'right' answer on this one...unless someone says they like early 90s Image comics...then they should be clubbed to death

cassiuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893  Edited By cassiuss

I would have to go with marvel on all three catagories but when i have this conversation with people i always have to stress even tho overall i like marvel best,since im the type of person who relates to the villains,i have to go with DC's villains cuz its filled with murderous,raping,crazy "real life crime" types that win more often then marvel.How many times does a villains just keep on losing and just keep on coming back for more assshippings...at least in DC the villain does win,like in the real world.

cassiuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#894  Edited By cassiuss

How can you say that,im still a fan of early 90's image. The exodus was an interesting time for the whole industry. Besides since i do kinda root for the villains more then the heros,my favorite villain other than doom came from that era...check my avatar pic.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#895  Edited By Floopay

1. I prefer Marvel stories

2. DC Clearly has overall more powerful characters (FTL, Invulnerable, 100 Tonners are pretty much standard) in my opinion. Marvel I like the personalities more. They blur the line between good and evil a bit more which I personally prefer. Though I think DC has more "Heroes" in the sense that they are do-gooders and always fight for justice.

3. We'd have to eliminate Eternal+ characters, and I think DC would take this. Otherwise it's just a tie (TOAA vs. Presence)

Overall: It's personal opinion.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896  Edited By Jayfournines

@cassiuss said:

I would have to go with marvel on all three catagories but when i have this conversation with people i always have to stress even tho overall i like marvel best,since im the type of person who relates to the villains,i have to go with DC's villains cuz its filled with murderous,raping,crazy "real life crime" types that win more often then marvel.How many times does a villains just keep on losing and just keep on coming back for more assshippings...at least in DC the villain does win,like in the real world.

hrm...so....you relate more to murderous crazy rapists? iiiinterrresting

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stories: Marvel 6/10 ( DC is catching up with the New 52)

Characters: Marvel

Battle: Stalemate ( Marvel makes up in sheer numbers for DC's few overpowered heroes).

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@TheCannon said:

Marvel does all three.

Marvel has far better stories.

Most DC characters are sh*t compared to Marvel

Marvel kills DC in a fight.

Translation

I have never read DC story

I can't name more than 10 DC characters

Thor kills everyone.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#899  Edited By Jayfournines

@truthslayer43 said:

dc is for people who like great stories, art and characters

marvel is for stupid people who like shit characters like wolverine, bland stories like a v x, and like to pay more money for comics

seriously marvel cant compete with dc.

I'm a DC fan...but this comment deserves

No Caption Provided
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#900  Edited By TifaLockhart

I prefer DC by far, but has anyone ever stopped and realized how they share similar stories, and that a lot of writers work for both companies?