• 68 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Team Villains: Amazo, Bizarro, Black Adam, Circe, Cyborg Superman, DoS Doomsday, Fernus, Superboy Prime, Zoom

vs

Asgard (including Odin, Thor, and all the regular residents)

No Caption Provided

The team is teleported to Marvel Asgard with the single goal of destroying everything and everyone.

Amazo has the powers of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern.

Can they do it?

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom is the only issue here due to Odin being so darn far above anyone else in the battle. He can oneshot almost all of these people. I'm not too knowledgeable about Circe so if anyone wants to help out with that...

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SheenLantern

The Allfather readies his pimp hand

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough DC members here imo even with Zoom on the roster.

Add maybe Darkseid & Ares & then it would be interesting ;)

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Superboy Prime/Zoom combo takes it.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery:

She is a supremely power ancient sorceress. A constant threat to the Amazons of Themysceria in general and Wonder Woman in specific. Amazo also shouldn't be overlooked here due to his ability to not only fully duplicate Metahuman (this would probably be Mutant powers if he were a Marvel character) and cosmic powers, but mystical powers as well. To date, no upper limit to his power has been established for Amazo Prime (although weaker models have been overloaded in the past, kind of similar to the titanium versions of Ultron that he often uses as foot soldiers/distractions) so he is definitely a major threat in this match-up.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery:

She is a supremely power ancient sorceress. A constant threat to the Amazons of Themysceria in general and Wonder Woman in specific. Amazo also shouldn't be overlooked here due to his ability to not only fully duplicate Metahuman (this would probably be Mutant powers if he were a Marvel character) and cosmic powers, but mystical powers as well. To date, no upper limit to his power has been established for Amazo Prime (although weaker models have been overloaded in the past, kind of similar to the titanium versions of Ultron that he often uses as foot soldiers/distractions) so he is definitely a major threat in this match-up.

So...no feats or anything for Circe?

My decision remains unchanged. Odin solos

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well there's Amazo that can copy powers at any given time..

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oceanmaster21

@beautifulrevery: circe cud make all the asgardian men fall in love with her then ita just odin

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogues said:

The Superboy Prime/Zoom combo takes it.

Odin would kill Superboy Prime with a blink.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DC team kills all the Asgardians apart from Odin, who then kills them

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sylvain

@dondave said:

Or odin kill them all before they touch the face of anyone.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sylvain said:

@dondave said:

Or odin kill them all before they touch the face of anyone.

That too, but I enjoy the thought they they at least kill some people before being beaten

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: circe cud make all the asgardian men fall in love with her then ita just odin

Lorelei can do the same to the DC team :)

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery:My decision remains unchanged. Odin solos

Well, maybe. Maybe not...

@wardemon32:Well there's Amazo that can copy powers at any given time..

This is a VERY real possibility, even probability. He has absorbed the powers of gods before (like when he absorbed the powers of Hourman 1,000,000 after Metron further endowed him with his own powers and entrusted him with guardianship of the Worlogog before willingly entering the Source) He had already absorbed more than half of Hourman 1,000,000's power (including the freaking Worlogog!) mid battle before Hourman pulled a victory out of his you know where at the last possible moment, trapping Amazo in the time stream temporarily. He could dupe all of the Asgardians first before taking it to Odin, or he could go straight to the "Head of the Class" and duplicate Odin's power. With magic resistant allies like Superman-Prime, Circe, and Black Adam potentially backing him up, the only possible threat(s) to him would be Thor and/or Odin. I say Black Adam and Thor cancel each other out. Cyborg Superman is a contender here as well. Its been proven that Odin can be concussed hard enough to be knocked unconscious, so Zoom shouldn't be overlooked here either, as IMP's could be on the table.

@oceanmaster21: circe cud make all the asgardian men fall in love with her then ita just odin

This is also a very real possibility for her (in character) under non-Bloodlusted conditions. Under the conditions in this OP, it just might be her first move. This would make the battle "DC Villains and all of Asgard's Males vs Odin, Sif, and the Valkyries." Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo theres enough Magic users in Asgard to counter Circe ie-Lorelei, Enchantres & Karnilla.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Only real problem here for me is Fernus

Odin is a seasoned Time manipulator himself (He stopped time on planet earth and transported 6 billion people to another dimension, as well as wiped their memories), so he should be able to handle Zoom. I don't think anyone here can withstand attacks that have knocked Galactus over, or that has one-shotted the likes of the Silver Surfer and Dumb Drax.

For me it comes down to a Telepathic Battle between Fernus and Odin.

@killemall what do you think?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet:

Black Adam would own Thor in a fight. The guy beats the JLA like it was nothing. Thor can't even beat Superman in these forums.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@wardemon32: Black Adam would own Thor in a fight. The guy beats the JLA like it was nothing. Thor can't even beat Superman in these forums.

Fair enough. I concede the point, mon ami.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By willpayton

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Odin with the aid of Gaea can beat all DC´s team by themselves

Kurse and Uik are threats too, they are caplabe of tanking a lot of damage and they are pretty strong

Loki could brainwash DC guys or betray Asgardians (wich i think is more probable) but still it can be taken out.

If Thor fights at full power, few can stand a chance against him.

Asgard has the edge in many ways, i don´t see DC´s team pulling out a victory

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@perethorn: Calling in Gaea would be a huge help, true. But how often has Odin done this? Kurse is a beast (I'd forgotten about him), but he has proven VERY susceptible to mental manipulation of both a mystical and telepathic nature. The DC team has members that could easily exploit this, and possibly turn him loose on his kinsmen as a living weapon. With Doomsday also rampaging throughout the Golden Realm, that would not be a good look for the Asgardian's. I still say that it's well within his nature for Amazo to mimic every one of the Asgardian's powers, considering that he's perfectly duplicated Captain Marvel's, Wonder Woman's, Hourman 1,000,000's (including his Worlogog enhanced powers), Lightray's, Orion's, Barda's, and Alan Scott's powers (to name a very few), in some cases over the course of his career simultaneously, on top of his base power set of the JLA founders. No maximum limit has ever been definitively established to his power, and considering that he has perfectly duplicated the powers of "gods" before, there is reason to believe that he would go after Odin and his people to do what he does best. Fernus also shouldn't be overlooked, and according to @wardemon32 Thor [the only other threat Amazo would have to worry about (mostly due to the possibility of a BFR by Mjolnir)] would be thrashed by Black Adam.

So the only threats the DC team has to worry about are Loki (who'd immediately get a deja vu moment from the Hulk's treatment of him in the Avengers Movie by Bizarro seconds after their arrival on the Bifrost) and Odin. Odin is powerful, but I believe he'd have his hands full here. Especially if he gets his powers duped by Amazo. If he does that, and there is no reason to believe he wouldn't, he (Amazo) could undo any thing Odin does offensively OR defensively. Not to mention the fact that there are 6 people on the DC team who have the potential to perform an IMP. We know that Odin can be knocked unconscious by sufficient force, and my guess is that half a dozen IMP's (among all the other stuff the team can do) should be enough to score the KO.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Asgard had no idea of this invasion then they lose...if Odin was aware of this invasion then team DC gets stomped...

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2: If Asgard had no idea of this invasion then they lose...if Odin was aware of this invasion then team DC gets stomped...

I think that only the DC team gets any prep for this one.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Destroyer is more than adequate in dealing with Doomsday,Bizaro,Amazo definitively. I also think he would do the same to Superboy prime. And I feel Thor would just disrespect Black Adams manhood with a blood thirsty K.O for being stupid enough to bring that nonsense to Asgard in the first place. As some one else said Circe will have her full with Loki. Enchantress. Zoom can't run fast enough to escape getting blinked out of existence by Odin.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By capall2

@heraldofganthet: the op doesn't state prep for either side here...you would need to clarify with the thread creator...side note: having the team ready for invasion and being teleported isn't quite the same as having actual prep...they are moreless battle ready thats it...

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@heraldofganthet:

Ok, lets rule out Gaea and assume that Odin can fall. Lets not forget that Muspelheim is often considered part of Asgard and the nine realms. Surtur and his minions could join in, and believe me, Surtur is a being capable of facing against Odin. He is tough dog.

I will not be so sure that Adam could trash Thor with that ease , the God of Thunder has a lot of tricks, he could absorb Adams energy with Mjolnir, he could dispatch him via BFR or even amp his strength with his belt. If he loses, im sure he will give hell to him. Now in the worst case scenario, Thor could make use of the Odin Force and take down Adam easily. In fact, i believe that Odin Force Thor could solo against Bizarro, Adam, Doomsday, Cyborg Supes and Circe.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@verotikryptonite: First, I'd like to say welcome to the 'Vine! I hope you enjoy your experience here for years to come! We agree that the Destroyer Armor is a legitimate option available to the Asgardians. Its strength and durability would be a serious threat if it weren't so easy to BFR. Several members on the DC team could easily do this eliminating any threat it would have posed. If the DC team didn't BFR the Destroyer, Cyborg Superman (who has virtually unlimited stamina) could potentially stalemate or at least stall him due to the fact that unlike Thor and/or Superman, Henshaw never holds back his punches or his heat vision for fear of collateral damage and as such would not tire or relent in his battle with the artifact. They could potentially fight forever. Henshaw's speed and strength, not to mention his energy projection, would make this a great side battle with all of the rest of the carnage that would be going on. The fact that they're both made out of exotic metals would make that bout a particularly loud one and a great opportunity to test the strength tolerances of each. Since Bizarro can keep pace with Zoom, I see him turning Loki, Enchantress, and the Warriors Three (who I like, by the way) into hamburger before they ever knew what hit them.

@perethorn:Ok, lets rule out Gaea and assume that Odin can fall. Lets not forget that Muspelheim is often considered part of Asgard and the nine realms. Surtur and his minions could join in, and believe me, Surtur is a being capable of facing against Odin. He is tough dog.

I'm not sure if all of the "Nine Realms" is involved in this battle, but I'll explore this with a "Plan A" and a "Plan B":

Plan A: Surtur and his Fire Demons join the fight and they potentially overwhelm the DC team. Or we finally see if Amazo's power actually does have limits (none have been reached as of yet, so..)

Plan B: Odin calls on Surtur for backup, and Surtur joins in on the DC team's singleminded mission to raze the Golden Realm. Remember, Odin and Surtur HATE each other! It is very unlikely, and improbable that those two (or their people) would ever cooperate with each other under any conceivable circumstance. This is a direct contrast to the teamwork dynamic the DC team would operate under due to the fact that nearly all of them have been a member of the Legion of Doom at one point or another and would have synergy. As to Thor perhaps using Odin Force powers, I don't know if that's allowed under the OP, but remember, Amazo has the combined speed of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern at the onset of this fight. Both Thor and his father have been blitzed before, so the possibility of a repeat performance could happen here. Not to mention DC Comics has yet to tell us what the maximum effective range of Amazo's Absorbtion Cells is. We do know that he's perfectly duplicated powers from as far as 150 yards away. And if that is the maximum range, with his speed he could easily cover that distance, and undo anything OF Thor would do offensively or defensively with Thor's own power(s). Good outside the box thinking on bringing Surtur and the Fire Demons into this, though. Props on that one!

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard wins with ease. Odin is just too much.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see Odin taking this many OP villains. He can take them all in one on one but this is not that and everyone else is in Asgard is no factor here except Thor but only one he can fight against here is Black Adam

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Odin is knows the DC villains are coming/has time to react, I'd give it to Asgard.

If not, Superman Prime and Zoom solo through.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

odin solos

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShootingNova

Isn't Gaea currently part of Asgard as well?

marvelfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC villia….. oh wait Odin! Team Asgard wins

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget Hela. She is a powerhouse somewhere between Odin and Thor. Heimdall's light years beyond Superman senses will be helpful. Brunhilde bears Dragonfang. Hermod's speed rivals Hermes light speed. Roughhouse might make an appearence. Thor Girl should be tough.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DarkRaiden

Odin solos. Loki and Thor combine with some Destroyer help and destroy as well. Amazo's the only problem.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki manipulates the entire situation to somehow get Odin out of the way and assume the throne, while also depowering Thor in the process. This all ends with Asgard a smoking ruin, but Loki is king and the DC guys were driven off thanks to a pact he made with Surfur. Like how I write this up?? This story could have legs..... Anyway..... in all seriousness the Asgardians have an awful lot of resources available.... I see no reason why they shouldn't win this most of the time. Amazo will be an issue though. Somehow this all winds up being a plot by Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom, who are in turn being manipulated by Thanos.

Woodchuck799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well zoom and prime have a chance but I am thinking Asgard here. Either Odin stomp or zoom and prime just make it

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420:

Loki manipulates the entire situation to somehow get Odin out of the way and assume the throne, while also depowering Thor in the process. This all ends with Asgard a smoking ruin, but Loki is king and the DC guys were driven off thanks to a pact he made with Surfur. Like how I write this up?? This story could have legs..... Anyway..... in all seriousness the Asgardians have an awful lot of resources available.... I see no reason why they shouldn't win this most of the time. Amazo will be an issue though. Somehow this all winds up being a plot by Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom, who are in turn being manipulated by Thanos.

You might have a future in Comic Book writing young 'um!

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Thank you. What an awesome job that would be. Point me in the right direction and i'd happily sign up. Seriously though, if this was written as a story arc by professionals it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they wrote it up in pretty much the same way. The DC villains need a reason to be invading Asgard in the first place right? Someone had to teleport em and give them the mission..... Out of curiosity, how would you add to this bit of fiction?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@schillenger420:

You're on the right track. Of all the comic book super-geniuses, Lex Luthor, Dr. Doom, and Steel actually acknowledge magic for what it is: a source of supernatural power, rather than "some exotic energy source we don't fully understand yet" *smh*. So it would make sense for either Luthor or Doom to send this superpowered hit squad to Asgard to retrieve the Norn Stones, or the Sword of Twilight, or the Cask of Eternal Winters, or some other hugely powerful artifact(s) to further their own ambitions. Wouldn't be the first time is all I'm saying...

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#43  Edited By kidman560

yeah i have to say Odin really just blinks these guys out of existence. and i know it wasnt specified but if there is prep than Loki could also be a force to reckon with. Then there is the destroyer armor. which would also give Amazo a run for his money since im not exactly sure Amazo can copy the destroyers powers.

Isn't Gaea currently part of Asgard as well?

if that is true than this just turned into a stomp for Asgard

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

DC Villains wipe Asgard out. Sooooo much firepower there.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

DC Villains wipe Asgard out. Sooooo much firepower there.

no just no... Destroyer, Thor, Loki, Enchantress, Executioner, and ODIN, plus unconfirmed reports of Gaea, who if i remember correctly is another being like Odin and Thors mother, being in asgard. the DC team gets wiped even without Gaea but if Gaea is there than its even worse for the DC team

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@kidman650: Cyborg Superman, Black Adam, Doomsday, Fernus, Superboy Prime, ZOOM... sorry, I'm just still not impressed. Most of those guys will get solo'd by Zoom and then Odin gets gangbanged by the rest of the DC Slaughter Army.

Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC team wipes Assguard.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560:

Then there is the destroyer armor. which would also give Amazo a run for his money since im not exactly sure Amazo can copy the destroyers powers.

He can. Because not only can he copy powers in their entirety (and have an amazing level of competency with his newly duped powers), but he can also copy equipment [example: He has his own Lasso of Truth without Hestia's blessing, An Oan Will Power Nexus (GL Power Ring) having both never been to Oa nor the permission to wield one from the Guardians of the Universe, Zauriel's Divine Armor (let's face it, Amazo will NEVER get into Heaven), Steel's Kinetic Hammer (a very closely guarded secret, by the way), and many, many more]. The Destroyer's durability and eyebeams would be just one more power added to his very expansive arsenal.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: thats his weakness though doesnt odin control the destroyer armor? so if Amazo copies its powers would it not be able to be controlled by Odin?