DC Team vs Avengers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Be right back....

No offense but you coming in and posting a huge amount of scans and making the argument that hulk is faster then light doesn't convince anyone hulk is fast....It sort of those the opposite....

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By dum529001

@jashro44 said:

@dum529001 said:

Be right back....

No offense but you coming in and posting a huge amount of scans and making the argument that hulk is faster then light doesn't convince anyone hulk is fast....It sort of those the opposite....

Have any of the other characters shown to be faster than light?

I know Hulk has. And no one on the opposing team has shown speed on par with him. Not in striking and idoubt even in long distance travel.

its funny that some people think that the waves Hulk produces as the secondary force from clapping his hands are faster than the Hulk's actual hand movements.

Producing a near-nuclear force wave or a nuclear force wave from clapping means you're hands are moving much faster.

The same way an atomic bomb explodes and the fireball of nuclear energy pushes out a wave of air that is hundreds of times faster than sound that puts craters in the earth and causes most the widespread damage to buildings. 99 percent aren't killed by the atomizing radiation from a nuclear bomb since no one is usaully hit at point blank range, because otherwise they would be instantly vaporized, but they experience the secondary shockwave force and the left over radiation of the bomb.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5586/538281-d4.jpg

No Caption Provided

A single thunderclap shreds an entire battalion of tanks with force of "near nuclear proportions" in Tales to Astonish #67:

No Caption Provided

Hulk bring literally brings down the house In incredible Hulk #246 and Tales to astonish #65 with a powerful shockwave by a clap of the hands:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's even diverted the flight path of missiles with a shockwaves' vibrations in Incredible Hulk #120:

No Caption Provided

Just by clapping, Hulk can even generate waves powerful enough to knock out foes of planet-splitting and universe splitting power as well:

Savage Hulk has wracked Hyperion with a single thunderclap -- that also reverberates for blocks and shatters Dr. Spectrum's prism in Defenders#4:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's literally snuffed out Dormammu's head with a sneak attack from behind in Defenders vol.3 #5:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

World War Hulk tosses Fin Fang Foom backwards with such force that Umar's enchanted shields are shattered in Incredible Hulks #634:

No Caption Provided

Despite the Red Hulk having forcibly absorbed some of World War Hulk's gamma energies, he is defeated by a final thunderclap in Hulk #24:

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: No very few comic characters have faster then light showings.I don't think anyone here is light speed or above within combat.

Maybe in the real world clapping his hands to create nukes would give him light speed reflexes (I'm not even going to pretend to go into the calculations), but in the world of comics there is such a thing as "writers intent" . This is when a writer intends to show something but they do it through something else. Like in comics the thunder clap is a strength feat and not a speed feat despite the fact that in real life it would require more speed then it would strength.

Basically what I am trying to say is in fiction the writer is God and whatever he says go. And I doubt he is thinking of this from a mathematical stand point....

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@dum529001: No very few comic characters have faster then light showings.I don't think anyone here is light speed or above within combat.

Maybe in the real world clapping his hands to create nukes would give him light speed reflexes (I'm not even going to pretend to go into the calculations), but in the world of comics there is such a thing as "writers intent" . This is when a writer intends to show something but they do it through something else. Like in comics the thunder clap is a strength feat and not a speed feat despite the fact that in real life it would require more speed then it would strength.

Basically what I am trying to say is in fiction the writer is God and whatever he says go. And I doubt he is thinking of this from a mathematical stand point....

Well put.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its funny that some people think that the waves Hulk produces as the secondary force from clapping his hands are faster than the Hulk's actual hand movements.

Producing a near-nuclear force wave or a nuclear force wave from clapping means you're hands are moving much faster.

Yeah, that's not how it works. If I tap the table with my finger I create a sound wave. How fast do sound waves move? Answer: 761 mph. So, do you think my finger was moving at 761 mph? No, it wasnt. Not even close.

Hulk just doesnt have great reaction and combat speed. Yes, he can travel fast by running or jumping, but that wont help much in this battle.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By dum529001

@jashro44 said:

You make excuses and deny logic when logic is used for one character you dont support in a debate but accept when it sused for the one you support?

That's totally biased. Denying facts doesn't make them go away.

I'm not interesting in argueing through favoritsm, only logic.

And strengh is generated through speed and mass. F=M X A. What holds it together is durability.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By dum529001

@willpayton said:

@dum529001 said:

Yeah, that's not how it works. If I tap the table with my finger I create a sound wave. How fast do sound waves move? Answer: 761 mph. So, do you think my finger was moving at 761 mph? No, it wasnt. Not even close.

Hulk just doesnt have great reaction and combat speed. Yes, he can travel fast by running or jumping, but that wont help much in this battle.

Hulk makes supersonic waves, not just sound waves, which means faster than sound movement. He can make nuclear waves with a hand clap as well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

You make excuses and deny logic when logic is used for one character you dont support in a debate but accept when it sused for the one you support?

I have been supporting hulk through out this thread...I even uploaded some speed feats myself. I really don't care for any of the DC characters and out of the characters here hulk is probably my favorite (iron man is pretty cool too). He's still not light speed or anywhere near light speed.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

@dum529001 said:

Hulk makes supersonic waves, not just sound waves. He can make nuclear waves with a hand clap as well.

It doenst matter what he makes because it's comic book physics, and the writers do whatever they want regardless of logic or physics.

I already demonstrated that you can produce waves that are faster than you can physically move... which was your initial argument. So, regardless of what speed Hulk's thunderclaps move at, it means nothing for how fast his arms moved at. Much less does it mean anything for how fast he can run at, or react to opponents at.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@dum529001 said:

@jashro44 said:

I have been supporting hulk through out this thread...I even uploaded some speed feats myself. I really don't care for any of the DC characters and out of the characters here hulk is probably my favorite (iron man is pretty cool too). He's still not light speed or anywhere near light speed.

No, you merely pick and choose what you think a character can do based on favoritism. Its why you try to acknowledge Hulk is a stong car-weight monster but you deny that he's faster than light when he's serious even when stuff Hulk has done plainly contradicts that.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By dum529001

@willpayton said:

@dum529001 said:

@willpayton said:

@dum529001 said:

Hulk makes supersonic waves, not just sound waves. He can make nuclear waves with a hand clap as well.

It doenst matter what he makes because it's comic book physics, and the writers do whatever they want regardless of logic or physics.

I already demonstrated that you can produce waves that are faster than you can physically move... which was your initial argument. So, regardless of what speed Hulk's thunderclaps move at, it means nothing for how fast his arms moved at. Much less does it mean anything for how fast he can run at, or react to opponents at.

If nothing counts "because its a comicbook" then you can't quantify anything and therefore, you can't make logical conclusions as to who would win a fight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By MonsterStomp

Might give the slight edge to the Avengers.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: No I'm just acknowledging writers intent....I do that with DC characters if this is what you want to hear. Like when people post that scan of flash moving billions of times faster then light and ignore the part about how he was "a hairs breath under light speed", I believe that because writers intent was to have the feat below light speed its not as impressive as people calc the feat to be despite there calculations being correct. Same deal with hulk. Yea sure if we go into calculations and calc these feats they may require incredible speed, but in the world of comics thats not the case.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@dum529001 said:

No, you merely pick and choose what you think a character can do based on favoritism. Its why you try to acknowledge Hulk is a stong car-weight monster but you deny that he's faster than light when he's serious even when stuff Hulk has done plainly contradicts that.

There's no evidence that Hulk is anywhere near as fast as light. He's not a speedster, not even close. Him catching a bullet with his teeth 50 years ago proves nothing, especially when he's never done anything like that again.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If nothing counts "because its a comicbook" then you can't quantify anything and therefore, you can't make logical conclusions as to who would win a fight.

Except the logic you're using doesnt work, as I already demonstrated. Also, the way Hulk's powers work hasnt even been defined by the writers. So we cant tell exactly how a thunderclap is created, much less apply physics or logic to it. So, you fail in two ways.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By dum529001

@jashro44 said:

@dum529001: No I'm just acknowledging writers intent....I do that with DC characters if this is what you want to hear. Like when people post that scan of flash moving billions of times faster then light and ignore the part about how he was "a hairs breath under light speed", I believe that because writers intent was to have the feat below light speed its not as impressive as people calc the feat to be despite there calculations being correct. Same deal with hulk. Yea sure if we go into calculations and calc these feats they may require incredible speed, but in the world of comics thats not the case.

How do you know the writer's intent? Are you telling me that writers say Hulk is not faster than light? Writers have never said that.

The example with fans calculating Flash moving trillions of times faster than light is wrong because it actually contradicts the writers statement.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does every thread with Hulk have to turn into this?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By dum529001

@willpayton said:

@dum529001 said:

Except the logic you're using doesnt work, as I already demonstrated. Also, the way Hulk's powers work hasnt even been defined by the writers. So we cant tell exactly how a thunderclap is created, much less apply physics or logic to it. So, you fail in two ways.

The thunderclap is created by Hulk moving his arms and slamming his hands togther. its that simple.

You want ot make it seem complicated because you don't want to acknowledge Hulk's speed.

You just use every kind of false logic and excuse to avoid a truth that you don't like. According to you, facts are only facts when you believe and accept them.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By ForeverEvil

Hulk has a strong following of fanboys.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

How do you know writers intent? Are you teling me that writers say Hulk is not faster than light? Writers have never said that.

The example with fans calculating Flash moving trillions of times faster than light is wrong because it actually contradicts the writers statement.

They have actually. Hulks hand book ranks him at a 3 in speed. If he were FTL he would have a 7.

No Caption Provided

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By ForeverEvil

site note. do you know any insane DC fanboys that act like hulk fanboys? ive been noticing that marvel has quite a few fanboys on this site. ive seen some for wolverine, 1 or 2 for spiderman(i say that even though he's my fave character) another 2 or 3 for thor and a few for hulk. to the point where it leaves me wondering if theyre serious, trolling, or are just 10 years old and dont understand what theyre reading or typing.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By dum529001

@jashro44 said:

@dum529001 said:

@jashro44 said:

How do you know writers intent? Are you teling me that writers say Hulk is not faster than light? Writers have never said that.

They have actually. Hulks hand book ranks him at a 3 in speed. If he were FTL he would have a 7.

No Caption Provided

Handbooks aren't as reliable as you think. Hulk is rated at a 7 in speed on the Marvel website. The rulebook use catories like "100 class" to describe characters like Hulk and Thor even when Hulk and Thor are so far far above that that its not even funny. They even do that with characters like Galactus.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By jashro44

@dum529001: Thats because when you reach 100 tons they stop keeping track of how much lift and just consider it incalculable. As for the marvel website its a wiki and even the "official" stats are wrong. Ultimate spider-man is also ranked as faster then light there too....http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man_%28Ultimate%29

So Hulk being a 7 on marvel wiki doesn't say much....

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By willpayton

The thunderclap is created by Hulk moving his arms and slamming his hands togther. its that simple.

You want ot make it seem complicated because you don't want to acknowledge Hulk's speed.

You just use every kind of false logic and excuse to avoid a truth that you don't like. According to you, facts are only facts when you believe and accept them.

You just refuse to listen. I already showed how your logic is faulty, but you ignore it and keep saying the same thing over and over.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By jashro44

@dum529001: If I can get a statement from a marvel editor or writer that Hulk is FTL or not and they say no will you concede that hulk is below light speed?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jashro44: If you manage to do that, please try and ask Greg Pak what size was the planet in the Dark Dimension and that if Hulk died in the planetary explosion. :P

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By green_skaar

@ghostravage said:

@jashro44: If you manage to do that, please try and ask Greg Pak what size was the planet in the Dark Dimension and that if Hulk died in the planetary explosion. :P

I already asked him that. Check your IMs.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

And? Did Hulk died there?

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it weird how people are talking about Stargirl's energy absorption but not Ms. Marvels, which is done subconsciously as well, and would make her way more powerful than Stargirl. Stargirl even using that cosmic rod around Ms. Marvel is just a recipe for horrible things like Binary popping up like she seemed to do during infinity almost.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#231  Edited By beatboks1

it weird how people are talking about Stargirl's energy absorption but not Ms. Marvels, which is done subconsciously as well, and would make her way more powerful than Stargirl. Stargirl even using that cosmic rod around Ms. Marvel is just a recipe for horrible things like Binary popping up like she seemed to do during infinity almost.

It's not weird at all because the power at Stargirl's hands is around Binary level at least.

1. In All Star Squadron Annual 3 Ted Knight after only a month or two as a Mystery man used his star rod (his prototype one) to hurt Ian Karkull. The magical shadow being who only a few pages earlier almost destroyed Classic Dr fate. That's the version of Fate who was physically close to Superman in strength and durability and and who could move planets with his mind and reality warp on a universal level.
  2. In All Star Comics 61 Sylvester Pemberton uses that same star rod to vaporize Vulcan Son of Fire who earlier in the issue put the same Dr fate in a coma and survived his energy blasts that have killed gods.
  3. In the 6 issue Mini series JSA strange adventures Lord Dynamo had measured the power output of both Alan Scot's ring and Ted's star rod and wanted both as they were the perfect energy source for him. Considering that in that same series he had absorbed the power of the reality warping 5th dimensional Djinn the thunderbolt and found it wasn't enough that's places them both pretty high.
  4. On the two occasions Alan Scot was a threat to the JSA (once under the sway of the Psycho pirate in All Star Comics and then under the sway of the stream of Ruthfulness in Infinity Inc) it was Starman that the JSA sent to face him as he was the only one with the power to do so. On BOTH occasions Alan attacked him with a sneak attack rather than face him.

These are just a few examples (out of may) of the power of the star rod. Courtney carries TWO devices that are more powerful. One is the Cosmic Converter belt. It was built by Sylvester after he studied Ted's original rod and was stated by Syl in All Star Comics and conceded by Ted to be more powerful than the rod. The second is the cosmic staff. This was Ted's final triumph. It was made to be his greatest weapon yet. It was also used by David Knight to defeat the person who stole the original star rod and CCB in his series. There is just four examples ( and I can come up with more I just can't remember the issue numbers straight of the top of my head and would have to read a few dozen issues to get the rest) of power output greater than anything Carol has of an outdated device that is less powerful than either of the two devices Courtney Whitmore carries.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Experio

Things escalated quickly

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Thanks for your input mate. Though i would like to know if you would use that Stargirl's feat to counters Hulk's speed? Even if the scan doesn't show Adam using any kind of Super Speed? IMHO That's a very low showing for Adam rather than a good showing for Stargirl.

I do agree with Aquaman using the Water hand as Support rather than offensively. Good strategy.

I have used that instance to show she can and has kept up with characters with speed.

I'll be hones, my experience with Hulk wouldn't even make me think of speed, as I only REALLY know classic.

I read Hulk in the 70's and early 80's and early avengers issues ( I've got issues 1 through to 100 and 178 to 181 - annuals 1-8 I foolishly thought that beautiful cover of 178 meant there was another issue where all the former Avengers got back in the saddle instead of them being told they had to pare down. ). I couldn't tell you what Hulk issues i have since everything is an Australian issue reprint (which means 90 pages mostly black and white, also means they were pre 1985). I only have the occasional Hulk issue after that. Unfortunately since pre the change of government regs in Australia protecting local publishers from imports I could buy almost every DC and Marvel tale ever told since there were only like 20 comics (holding the equivalent over a hundred US ) on the shelves every month and they were like 80 cents,when US imports his AU and we had to pay about 3.80 for a 22 page comic (that was in 86 mind you, not the nearly $8 of today) my budget just wouldn't allow me to get all my previous characters regularly.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Gotcha mate. Even though Adam has speed, i don't think he was using it at all in that instance...

Anyway, at least you could get comics in physical. I don't even have Comic Stores here. :S Oh well, but what can we do :)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

@ghostravage said:

I too would like to know if Hulk survived the planet explosion....

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Greg said he's not sure because it was some time ago, but he thinks everybody died there. Which i think is a little sketchy because how did Umar know it was Hulk who brought them back if she didn't know about any of the wishes they made. As well as, if everybody died, did Umar died as well?

He also said he could be wrong. Troll writers am i right? :P

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're not contradicting him, we're correcting him.

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

id say vision >geo force (vision can increase his density and put his hand through is head), ironman> blue beetle (lots of gadgets vs the gadget/tech king(ironman), stargirl>she hulk (radiation dampener+lots of other things), mz marvel> booster gold (in my opion she is more powerful), above water hulk>aquaman underwater aquaman hulk but id put my money on hulk

marvel 3 dc 1 upfg 1

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@ghostravage: @willpayton Team 2

lets see Iron Man (hes in Extremis armor right?) takes out Blue Beatle

Ms Marvel will negate star girls cosmic energy (dont know why no one brought that up)

Vision can take out Geo Force

im actually going to put Hulk against Booster Gold (which Hulk should win)

She-Hulk wont win against Aquaman but that doesnt affect the match as much as people would think because Aquaman vs the 4 people remaining wont last long. all Marvel really needs is to beat Blue Beatle to win and they have the players to do it. (Question Blue Beatles primary attacks are energy right?) man Ms.Marvel is going to be feeling the juice

BFR is not allowed. but if it was its therefore a way to win. why WASTE time arguing when you have an easy way of winning? The only people that would act like its a cop out are the people that are bitter that their character cant do a dang thing about getting BFR'd for the loss.

really... did i just read this... really?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Greg said he's not sure because it was some time ago, but he thinks everybody died there. Which i think is a little sketchy because how did Umar know it was Hulk who brought them back if she didn't know about any of the wishes they made. As well as, if everybody died, did Umar died as well?

He also said he could be wrong. Troll writers am i right? :P

Makes sense. Its been a while since i read heart of the monster but I recall getting the impression hulk died. I assume that Umar died and she was probably the second one to return from the dead. She probably just saw hulk was back and just assumed he was the one who brought them back.

Pretty much all writers are trolls lol

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

lets see Iron Man (hes in Extremis armor right?) takes out Blue Beatle

Jaimie's armor gave him options after analysis to deal with Spectre, I don't see it being an easy take down for Stark at all. His armor has also proven to be able to take down GL's too. Let's not also forget that it is sentient as well and can fight on it's own, plus has healed Jaimie form a bullet in the head.

Ms Marvel will negate star girls cosmic energy (dont know why no one brought that up)

I would argue that Carol's best energy manip feats as Binary only make her Courtney's equal in energy manip so I don't see it as that easy. I do see the two of them mixing it up as bringing Binary out but see it more as a stalemate than a win for either.

Vision can take out Geo Force

I'm also curious how you see this happening. GF has a measure of invulnerability plus as long as he's in contact with earth Healing factor. hell when he was killed as soon as he was buried he came back. Also how would Vision get close enough too him with his gravity control which he has used to make shields?? This is without the strength he's used to belt Superman into the stratosphere or his ability to control Earth and mineral. Vision or anyone's best chance is to take the battle off planet where he will get weaker. Another potential stalemate as I can't see either making a complete win.

im actually going to put Hulk against Booster Gold (which Hulk should win)

On that match up agreed but ti will take him quite some time to gt through those shields. Booster wears the shields of B5 that have been into the heart of stars and have withstood suneater. He has also used them to contain a Doomsday clone for considerable time.

She-Hulk wont win against Aquaman but that doesnt affect the match as much as people would think because Aquaman vs the 4 people remaining wont last long. all Marvel really needs is to beat Blue Beatle to win and they have the players to do it. (Question Blue Beatles primary attacks are energy right?) man Ms.Marvel is going to be feeling the juice

Agree also on Aquaman and She Hulk but the problem is it wont be 4 on 1. At best we have one clear win for DC and one for marvel one ambiguous one ( IM and BB) and two stalemates. When you factor in that Jaimie can heal even from death courtesy of his armor as long as it still interacts with his nervous system, Geo-Froce can also heal from death and Arthur's magic water hand can revive and heal whoever from DC has fallen or repair any damage done during a battle not yet completed ( making those in the stalemates effectively fresh again) I just don't see how marvel can take a win. While on team Marvel on Carol, Banner and Jenny have regen. Both Vision and Tony can repair Vision but they need to take time to do this. While if any actual damage is done to Stark it's done.

I can see arguments for a stalemate (primarily since i don't see a way to put Hulk down within stipulations (KO, death, or permanent incapacitation. BFR is not allowed.) but not a win.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

I don't even have Comic Stores here. :S Oh well, but what can we do :)

NOOOOOOO!!!! You must move immediately, mon ami!!!!!!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By GhostRavage

@heraldofganthet: Leaving a country for comics... Sounds legit :P I can afford Digital Copies though so it's not that bad :)

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Blacharrt1

@beatboks1 said:

@blacharrt1 said:

It's not weird at all because the power at Stargirl's hands is around Binary level at least.

1. In All Star Squadron Annual 3 Ted Knight after only a month or two as a Mystery man used his star rod (his prototype one) to hurt Ian Karkull. The magical shadow being who only a few pages earlier almost destroyed Classic Dr fate. That's the version of Fate who was physically close to Superman in strength and durability and and who could move planets with his mind and reality warp on a universal level.
  2. In All Star Comics 61 Sylvester Pemberton uses that same star rod to vaporize Vulcan Son of Fire who earlier in the issue put the same Dr fate in a coma and survived his energy blasts that have killed gods.
  3. In the 6 issue Mini series JSA strange adventures Lord Dynamo had measured the power output of both Alan Scot's ring and Ted's star rod and wanted both as they were the perfect energy source for him. Considering that in that same series he had absorbed the power of the reality warping 5th dimensional Djinn the thunderbolt and found it wasn't enough that's places them both pretty high.
  4. On the two occasions Alan Scot was a threat to the JSA (once under the sway of the Psycho pirate in All Star Comics and then under the sway of the stream of Ruthfulness in Infinity Inc) it was Starman that the JSA sent to face him as he was the only one with the power to do so. On BOTH occasions Alan attacked him with a sneak attack rather than face him.

These are just a few examples (out of may) of the power of the star rod. Courtney carries TWO devices that are more powerful. One is the Cosmic Converter belt. It was built by Sylvester after he studied Ted's original rod and was stated by Syl in All Star Comics and conceded by Ted to be more powerful than the rod. The second is the cosmic staff. This was Ted's final triumph. It was made to be his greatest weapon yet. It was also used by David Knight to defeat the person who stole the original star rod and CCB in his series. There is just four examples ( and I can come up with more I just can't remember the issue numbers straight of the top of my head and would have to read a few dozen issues to get the rest) of power output greater than anything Carol has of an outdated device that is less powerful than either of the two devices Courtney Whitmore carries.

Those examples are all ABC logic, just because an item is capable of something doesn't mean the user applies it in the ways it was previously used, same with any cosmic items, the cosmic cube, infinity gems, quantum bands, Starbrand, Blue beetle scarab etc. Now if she actually used them in the ways you stated above that would be something different. Big difference is Carol, has actually absorbed a insane amount of energy, and various types with her abilities. So what has she done that would make her equal to Binary, or if she could handle Binary?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By 18hunt

Good match, vision for the win

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By beatboks1

@blacharrt1: All those examples are only to show the LEVEL of energy that the rod manipulates. Every single user has used it for blasts (which is ALL I've shown in those exmples). Since Courtney has shown a wider array of uses and application than any other she is more likely to use it for even more, the level of the power wielded however isn't affected by this. Your comment was that Carol as an energy manipulator is being overlooked and all I said is that's because only as Binary does she even come close to wielding the same level of energy.

If you want to go purely of only Courtney's feats she has faced and tanked or harmed more powerful beings like Extant, and King of Tears. She has also demonstrated greater versatility. For example she is the ONLY one to ever wield a star rod/staff and control it and use it from a distance. She is the only one who has used the power to counter magic and soul possession. She is the only one who has used either device to shut down the synapses of a persons neural network and take them down (she actually did that to the entire team of the Injustice Society to take them all down at once).

To say she wont use energy blasts (which is all every single incident i gave an example of is) when that is what she does in 90% of here appearances isn't ABC at all. The fact that she wields not one but two devices that both access greater levels of power than every single incident I mentioned means that her energy will likely overload Carol pretty quickly ( and that has happened before with a great deal less)

Carol's best energy absorption feat as Binary is at the elvel of a Binary Star system. the cosmic energy Courney wields is due to Ted's discovery of a new bandwidth of energy (later referred to as cosmic) that links ALL STARS. one binary star system < than all stars

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

@ghostravage said:

Pak is non-committal, big surprise!

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

Leaving a country for comics... Sounds legit :P I can afford Digital Copies though so it's not that bad :)

You've not here in the US? I had no idea. You sir are full of surprises (*tehehe*)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Nope mate, im here... in the warm and shiny caribbean islands :P

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@ghostravage:

Awesome! Though your present location serves to remind me of just how bad I could use a vacation!;)