#1 Posted by WillPayton (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Team: Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Geo-Force, Stargirl

vs

Avengers Team: Hulk, Iron Man, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Vision

DC team is pre-52. Aquaman is water-hand version, no trident. Hulk is regular savage Hulk. Everyone else is as pictured.

Random encounter, everyone in character, win by KO, death, or permanent incapacitation. BFR is not allowed.

Who wins this, and how?

#2 Posted by dorukesin (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers ftw

#3 Edited by Experio (16245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm compelled to say Avengers team cause of Vision

#4 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: daaaaamn, awesome line up. Im going with team 1. They have the versatility to win this. Aquamans TP is great. He has the water hand to dehydrate. Blue Beetle can tag intangible beings such as Vision. Geo Force is a monster and Stargirl is incredibly powerful.

#5 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, nice team compilation of team 1....I'm choosing it over team 2 too...Team 1 wins

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (18237 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (18237 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by OreoAssassin (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#11 Posted by RBT (4232 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with Avengers. Vision is too much for them to handle.

#12 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

I'm with Avengers. Vision is too much for them to handle.

blue beelte is able to tag intangible beings.

#13 Posted by Jake Fury (18745 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, Geo-Force in a battle.

#14 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

this is from citizen banes' BB respect thread

Blue Beetle #7: Can see invisible people.

Blue Beetle #7: Can hit intangible people. The writer must hate Martian Manhunter or something.

Blue Beetle #18: Takes a hit from Lobo, it knocks the wind out of him for a while but he gets back up and enters the fight again.

#15 Posted by WillPayton (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: daaaaamn, awesome line up. Im going with team 1.

Hey, nice team compilation of team 1....I'm choosing it over team 2 too...Team 1 wins

Awesome, Geo-Force in a battle.

Thanks guys. I was trying to come up with a team of the most underrated DC characters but with lots of versatility, so i can put them up against other groups. Glad to see some love for these characters.

#16 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

this is from citizen banes' BB respect thread

Blue Beetle #7: Can see invisible people.

Blue Beetle #7: Can hit intangible people. The writer must hate Martian Manhunter or something.

Blue Beetle #18: Takes a hit from Lobo, it knocks the wind out of him for a while but he gets back up and enters the fight again.

Wouldn't say that's a hit from lobo. More of a slam but nonetheless it's still lobo which is a really frickin hard hitter

#18 Posted by GhostRavage (9017 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#19 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Geo-Force can take the Hulk. He could negate gravity or leave him without it,launching the Hulk outer space.

#20 Posted by darkseid1006 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I'll say team 1 wins this

The only real threats on team 2 are Vision and Hulk but Vision can be tagged by Blue Beatle and Hulk can be dealt with by Aquaman and Stargirl probably maybe Aquaman could just give Hulk a seizure by himself or take the battle to the water in which case Aquaman beats Hulk hands down either way I think DC's most underrated characters can take down team 2.

Got to hand it to you this is a great battle man.

#21 Posted by RBT (4232 posts) - - Show Bio

@ForeverEvil: Didn't know that. I don't know much about Beetle. Can he defeat Vision in a one on one?

#22 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@ForeverEvil: Didn't know that. I don't know much about Beetle. Can he defeat Vision in a one on one?

idk

#23 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Geo-Force can take the Hulk. He could negate gravity or leave him without it,launching the Hulk outer space.

agreed. although the rules say no BFR. but since a couple of team 2 goes down really early due to TP or dehydration, that leaves the DC team with a numbers advantage and they could incapacitate hulk for the win....assuming of course that Hulk doesnt go down from the TP at the start

#24 Posted by WillPayton (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to hand it to you this is a great battle man.

Thank you!

#25 Edited by Pokeysteve (8330 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Stargirl can do the same.

#26 Posted by WillPayton (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#27 Posted by TheMagicStik (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

Well assuming Blue Beetle can KO Vision, I think team one can win it.

Geo Force sends Hulk and She-Hulk into space

Booster Gold can handle Iron Man

Stargirl and Aquaman team up to take out Ms Marvel

#28 Posted by WillPayton (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

Well assuming Blue Beetle can KO Vision, I think team one can win it.

Geo Force sends Hulk and She-Hulk into space

Booster Gold can handle Iron Man

Stargirl and Aquaman team up to take out Ms Marvel

No BFR. They have to fight it out.

#29 Posted by Mee09 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@themagicstik: Booster Gold isn't going to beat Iron Man. And there is no BFR.

#30 Posted by GhostRavage (9017 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people ignores 99% of someones abilities and pukes BFR in the first 10 seconds of clicking on a thread. Priceless.

#31 Posted by Mee09 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I know right? Team 2 has got this with mid difficulty (I'm being generous).

#32 Posted by WillPayton (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is too much.

#34 Posted by GhostRavage (9017 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

@ghostravage: I know right? Team 2 has got this with mid difficulty (I'm being generous).

Im not saying that Team 2 wins, but the fact people ignores the very wide arsenal of abilities some characters have like Booster Gold, Star Girl or Blue Beetle and recurs to the most simplistic and lame scenario ever is laughable. I would take BFR as the last and only option. Why taking such track if the characters may pull the win using different ways, it gives the thread more debatable field.

#35 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

i love how hulk losing pisses people off. lol

#36 Edited by Mee09 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I really don't see that happening. Booster Gold has shields but that's it (he might not even have that at 2% Ironman's shields can withstand a nuclear explosion). Ironman should beat him every other aspect.

#37 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me who on team 2 would be down due to TP and dehydration in the first few seconds of the fight?

#38 Posted by Mee09 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Oh ok I see. I do understand what you mean about Blue Beetle. Many people do not know very much about him.

#39 Edited by TheMagicStik (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

I love how people ignores 99% of someones abilities and pukes BFR in the first 10 seconds of clicking on a thread. Priceless.

@mee09 said:

Please, I barely even went over Geo-force and Aquaman's full capabilities, either of them could probably solo the Avengers besides maybe Vision. Aquaman removes the water from the Avengers bodies and all of a sudden the only person left alive is Vision. Geo-force can indefinitely throw the Avengers around with his gravity manipulation and he has a number of different powers that could KO each of them. I just mention the Blue Beetle thing as a convenient way of KO'ing Vision, but I'm sure the rest could think of something else, Booster Gold v Iron Man is also irrelevent but convenient.

Edit: @ghostravage I assumed you meant I was discounting the Marvel team but it seemed you meant the other way around in your later post.

#40 Edited by MonsterStomp (18237 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me who on team 2 would be down due to TP and dehydration in the first few seconds of the fight?

How potent is Aquaman's TP?

#41 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

How potent is Aquaman's TP?

enough to mind ra...umm mind screw a white martian

#42 Edited by Mee09 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@themagicstik: I've been looking a lot more into these characters.... And I have to say this wasn't a very good match up. AT ALL. DC almost stomps. I was horribly wrong. Hulk is there only chance.

#43 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

@themagicstik: I've been looking a lot more into these characters.... And I have to say this wasn't a very good match up. AT ALL. DC almost stomps. I was horribly wrong. Hulk is there only chance.

kind of agree

#44 Posted by patrat18 (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really not sure who wins here.

#45 Posted by GhostRavage (9017 posts) - - Show Bio

@themagicstik: Im not defending anyone, using BFR as the first option works both ways. Lowballing the user as discarding the victim.

#46 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

I'm really not sure who wins here.

eh. im throwing my vote to team 1.

Aquaman's combination of dehydration and telepathy = atleast 2 people down right off the bat.

Blue Beetle has a ton of weapons to the point where he's a walking plot device. He can even hit intangible types. Would have been interesting how many weapons/feats we would have seen by now had his series not been cancelled.

Beetle is strong and has very powerful shields

Stargirl is a monster with the plethora of ways she can help her team

And geoforce...well that guy is a beast as well, sadly i only know of a few feats/speed/strength showings.

#47 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

BFR is not allowed. but if it was its therefore a way to win. why WASTE time arguing when you have an easy way of winning? The only people that would act like its a cop out are the people that are bitter that their character cant do a dang thing about getting BFR'd for the loss.

#48 Posted by patrat18 (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: The question remains, How will they keep Hulk down.

#49 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

idk. dehydration? mind screwing? Delta waves? neural disruptors? using gravity to incapacitate? Maybe a combination of all of those? I dont know. Oh wait. Stargirls rod feads off of radiation. and @heraldofganthet , IIRC, once mentioned that she fed off of an entire star or something crazy like that.

#50 Posted by patrat18 (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

idk. dehydration? mind screwing? Delta waves? neural disruptors? using gravity to incapacitate? Maybe a combination of all of those? I dont know. Oh wait. Stargirls rod feads off of radiation. and @heraldofganthet , IIRC, once mentioned that she fed off of an entire star or something crazy like that.

Hm could work.