Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Silver2467
@lantian1 said:
" Luke was able to fight Sidious mental domination and although Luke is good I've never thought of him as possessing a willpower equal to superman
Sidious was never outright mind controlling Luke; he simply wrapped him a subtle dark side influence to increase the chances of Luke reverting to the dark side. As well, Luke required Leia's help to break out of Sidious' manipulations at the end of Dark Empire. Furthermore, Luke actually has telepathic shields. An example of his TP resistance is when he shielded himself from Lord Nyax, two or three times, and Nyax was able to casually telepathically and empathetically control thousands of people on Coruscant. Luke has better TP defense than Superman does, and Palpatine never even attempted a full-on mental domination, Luke's inability to escape his grip solitarily aside.

If Sidious is only a force essence and can't get into another body in time isn't he finished. I thought because this being the darkside their immortality limitation meant they had to be connected with something.Like Exar Kun connected to his pryamidSidious needing his clone bodies
Sidious traveled from Endor to Byss after RotJ; if you have ever seen galaxy maps in sourcebooks, Byss is quite literally half way across the galaxy from Endor. Palpatine managed to traverse countless lightyears of space for an entire year without a body. After his death in Dark Empire over Da Soocha V, he flew for lightyears again all the way back to Byss. So, no, he can exist freely without a vessel for extensive periods of time and is basically the only Sith without special conditions to be able to do that. Also, Exar resided on the ruins on Yavin IV for roughly four thousand years, but he did move abroad with Kyp Durron. 

The only example I can think of is when superman used vibrations to dispel Darseid's essence "
Dispelling Sith Essences is never done. Their spirits are not destroyed; they are simply imprisoned in the void. Superman has no means to do banish Sidious' Essence to Chaos even if he knew about it. So this is not possible for him. 
lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By lantian1

What combat abilities does Sidious have in essence form?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Silver2467
@lantian1: He can rip people's spirits from their bodies, but this is irrelevant. He can just possess Superman. No other abilities are necessary. 
lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lantian1

Has he ever possessed any one with equal will power to the man of steel?
Superman has defeated posession before

Palpatine inhabited a clone (A blank slate) Because of how difficult it is to possess people

The only other I know of is Anakin Solo, who is a child
Did Sidious ever try and possess someone of stong will?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Silver2467
@lantian1: He did not possess clones because they are easy to posses. He possessed clones because he had no intention of ever permanently dying and wanted to retain the Force potential of his own body.

He has possessed Moffs, I believe; he also claimed to be able to possess anyone and threatened to possess Luke. As well, even when Brand was desperately trying to contain his spirit, Sidious was overwriting his consciousness. The only reason he failed is because Brand knew a very specific technique that allowed him to hold Sith Essences and drag them to Chaos, and Brand died in the process. However, this is also irrelevant, because Sidious' fortitude is sufficient to literally rip holes in time and space by raw willpower. 
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By PowerHerc
@HolySerpent said:
"

@Out_of_Space said:

"Darth Vader vs Batman 
 Emperor Palpatine vs Superman  
Yoda vs Hal Jordan  
The Empire vs Green Lantern Corps  
Luke Skywalker vs Flash  
Boba Fett vs Green Arrow 
Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Robin and Batgirl   "

"

Yes, exactly.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467

By the way, on the subject of Luke's willpower, he is the definition of a strong-willed protagonist. His conviction to defending people without hesitation or wavering is one of his most prominent traits. Luke is parallel to Spider-Man in that during imminent life and death circumstances, he will come to a climactic sequence in which he realizes that if he fails, people across worlds, star systems, and the entire galaxy will suffer for it, and when Luke sets that in his mind, he pulls off some insane feat and saves everybody. 

As Luke grew as a Jedi, he concluded that the more powerful he became, the more he had to use it to serve other people, which has brought him to situations where he had to bodily put himself between the adversary and the people he defended. He has accepted consequences for mistakes that his students have made when he is in no fault for them, done so without complaint, and then been willing to turn around and protect the people that condemned him. He has been unendingly reliant on his friends while his enemies laugh in his face about how "foolish" he is to trust in them and then ultimately proven their worth when they come to his aid. He has been in positions where alternating his methods for a more sinister act seems to be the only choice in pessimistic conditions and then decides against it. It goes on. 

Honestly, Luke's will and self-responsibility are two aspects of his character that I really like about him. Those moments where he builds up his resolve to stop an all-powerful opposing force and protect innocents in hopeless situations are defining moments for him. That is just how genuine a hero he is. 
Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sgtcrispy
@departed402 said:

" DC Universe would win against the Star Wars Universe overall with a lot of thanks to the Green Lantern Corps, but for these particular battles Star Wars takes most of them. "

Wha? I don't think three out of seven is most. By the way guys, EU Isn't canon. George Lucas has said so himself, so unless the OP specifically states we're using EU, we're going with the canon versions which are the movie/clone wars TV show version.
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By departed402
@Sgtcrispy: 

Really? Because I think there is already a Star Wars canon scale for this, and it does not go "George Lusas-Canon > Irrelevent Crap."

George pays a group of people to make darn sure everything in the EU bearing the Star Wars name is in  continuity. Lucas only says that the EU stroies are not his to tell. I've never come across him saying that he disregards things from the EU.

This "only G-Canon unless specified" rule is a new one on me. Where does it say this? Granted I haven't been with the Vine for too long, but I've yet to come across a thread involving Star Wars where it was not implied that every level of canon was included, respectively. In fact this is COMIC Vine, perhaps it would make sense to include only Star Wars stuff from actual comic books.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silver2467
@Sgtcrispy said:

By the way guys, EU Isn't canon. George Lucas has said so himself, so unless the OP specifically states we're using EU, we're going with the canon versions which are the movie/clone wars TV show version. "

No, he didn't. He said the EU is not part of his universe. It is canon. It is just not G-Canon. And by the way, the TV shows are T-Canon, which makes them part of the EU.