DC´S OLYMPIAN GODS VS. MARVEL´S OLYMPIAN GODS

Avatar image for doctor_bong_crosby
doctor_bong_crosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, the Blue and Red cosmic brothers from the DC vs. Marvel crossover change their minds about coexisting at peace within the Omniverse and start a new war between both universes. They manipulate the minds of both Zeus´ so that they believe that the other group of Olympians want to invade their realms and become the ONLY remaining Olympians.

So all Olympians of both universes in character, and bloodlusted as only an ancient deity can... . No prep time. They´re all armed with all their standard weaponry, as well as the standard powers of that particular universe Olympian. As each pantheon believes that their very survival depends on achieving victory, the battle is to the end. Both Hercules´are present (but no Wonder Woman). However, the Brothers have restored the Marvel Hercules to his regular godly levels of power.

The Brothers transport Marvel´s Olympian pantheon to the DCU, where the fight takes place on Themyscira. But the Amazons are a non-factor, as the Brothers have teleported all of them elsewhere... .

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm pretty certain Marvel team wins quite handily, if not stomps.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel ones most likely.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC's olympian gods are more powerful imo

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i'v seen on previous posts regarding the Olympians.... DC's versions are supposed to be quite a bit more powerful so I'm going with them.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how DC > Marvel. DC gods lost to Darkseid, do not have any impressive feats (well, most of them), are reliant on mortal faith for consistent power levels, their Roman counterparts were split versions of themselves, rather than themselves taking on different names, etc.

Marvel Zeus > DC Zeus, quite easily from feats.

Marvel Poseidon/Neptune > DC Poseidon, again, quite easily from feats.

Marvel Hades/Pluto > DC Hades, although I don't know a whole lot about him.

I believe it goes similarly for most of the rest, with the exception of Ares, I believe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

During the Imperiex War (because of conflict), Ares gained power to conquer Olympus and the Heavens,only withthe union ofotherpantheons,he was defeated. Ares is the only Olympian god that doesn't need worshiped to gain powers,conflict and war around the world empowered him,also he's the God of the dead and skilled with magic. He can summon any weapons (enchanted or not) and infinity numbers of undead army.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer

@shootingnova said:

I don't see how DC > Marvel. DC gods lost to Darkseid, do not have any impressive feats (well, most of them), are reliant on mortal faith for consistent power levels, their Roman counterparts were split versions of themselves, rather than themselves taking on different names, etc.

Marvel Zeus > DC Zeus, quite easily from feats.

Marvel Poseidon/Neptune > DC Poseidon, again, quite easily from feats.

Marvel Hades/Pluto > DC Hades, although I don't know a whole lot about him.

I believe it goes similarly for most of the rest, with the exception of Ares, I believe?

Pretty much this, DC doesn't really give two *** about their myth chars given they hardly do anything with them, except for Wonder Woman but surprise, surprise she is a DC character so of course they hold and cuddle her and give her stuff to do. Really I think that is why only the DC Greek Olympians are even there, to have made WW and then throw every other guy under the bus.

DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the exception of Ares who is WAAAAAAYYYY beyond his Marvel counterpart, the Marvel gods are a bit above the DC ones. DC Herc might have a slight edge over Marvel one. I think DC Poseidon might be a bit tougher too. Marvel Poseidon is supposed to be not far behind Zeus but doesn't have too many feats.

doctor_bong_crosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But is the power of DC´s Ares enough to tip the scales on his ´pantheon´s favor...?

From what matchesmalone21 says it would appear so, I think, unless DC´s Zeus is considerably weaker than his Marvel counterpart... .

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel gods

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the best DC Zeus feat?

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By capall2

going by their implied status and powers it would be a stalemate, going by feats then most likely Marvel..

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the best DC Zeus feat?

Death of the new gods issue #5 Zeus along with 2 other skyfathers split and incapacitated the source:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

doctor_bong_crosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But, as impressive as that is, Zeus didn´t manage it alone... . I wonder if such thing, or an equivalent act, would be beyond the grasp of their MU counterparts...?

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

another point i want to make.

in spectre volume 3 issue #58 shows us the true nature of the source.

the source directly associted to be the one above all:

No Caption Provided

Earlier in the issue, the one above was called yehovah

No Caption Provided

but of course, a few statements aren't reliable, but what confirms that the source has a direct relation with the presence is that the source showed the spectre the nature of(and gave him the power of) God/presence

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But, as impressive as that is, Zeus didn´t manage it alone... . I wonder if such thing, or an equivalent act, would be beyond the grasp of their MU counterparts...?

of course he didn't do it alone, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Marvel Zeus is certainly not in DC Zeus' league, Marvel odin is more powerful than DC's.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer:

It actually matters that he didn't do it alone. While it is very impressive, different types of magic used at once achieve much greater goal.

Morgana Le Fay with Twilight Sword and Pre-HoM Wanda was able to manipulate whole reality.

Fate with Darkseid, Etrigan, Orion and Highfater was able to imprison ALE.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer:

It actually matters that he didn't do it alone. While it is very impressive, different types of magic used at once achieve much greater goal.

Morgana Le Fay with Twilight Sword and Pre-HoM Wanda was able to manipulate whole reality.

yes it does.

i assume you are referring to cosmic odyssey arc, in which case yes they did defeat ALE but ALE is but a dark half of the source, which makes skyfather's feat much more impressive seeing how they were only 3 and managed to split the source as a whole.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

@rolldestroyer:

yes it does.

i assume you are referring to cosmic odyssey arc, in which case yes they did defeat ALE but ALE is but a dark half of the source, which makes skyfather's feat much more impressive seeing how they were only 3 and managed to split the source as a whole.

That wasn't my point. My point was that sum of their power isn't enough to really do it, so it had to multiply because they used combined forces of many types of magic.

Like Twilight Sword isn't enough by itself to control whole reality, as that version of Wanda wasn't even close to that level of power and as Morgana alone can't warp reality at all, but their power combined is greater than sum of their power. Do You see my point?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel wins.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Marvel wins this war.

Ares is the only DC Olympian who would defeat his counterpart.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rolldestroyer

@czarny_samael666:

Ok i see your point, you're saying that by combining their powers it would make them more powerful than if they don't combine it and use it individually. you have a good point there.

would you say he is weaker than his marvel counterpart though? i don't think he is imo, Marvel's Zeus doesn't have any impressive feats except for Marvel the end

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

Ok i see your point, you're saying that by combining their powers it would make them more powerful than if they don't combine it and use it individually. you have a good point there.

would you say he is weaker than his marvel counterpart though? i don't think he is imo, Marvel's Zeus doesn't have any impressive feats except for Marvel the end

1.IDK any real feats for Zeus from M:The End.

2.I know some of his feats, but none in Odin level. Closest is banishing Pluto to Hades with one move. Few strength feats, like holding whole Olympus and putting it on Typhon, taking out Namor in one move, winning with WWHulk after Chaos War... There also are his fights with Avengers and one-shotting some monster that defeated tired Hercules and Thor. IMO best is one with Pluto. Logic tells me that Zeus is more powerfull than Pluto, even if they would fight in Hades and Pluto defeated Stranger there. I am not sure about Zeus' indyvidual feats. These type of characters have very limitted feats.

Who actually have any? Ares, Zeus and Hercules from DC side for sure. Zeus, Hera, Hermes, Artemis (her weapons rather than she by herself), Pluto, Poseidon (some debatable ones), Ares and few others from Marvel, but IMO big 4 (three brothers and Hera) are above all the others, like Zeus and Ares from DC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2: @wavemotioncannon: @bigcimmerian: @powerherc: Didany of youactually readsomestorieswiththe DC's Greek godsdc comics? War of the Gods,Genesis,Gods and Mortals,Challenge of the Gods.....

Besides themorewherethissayingthat the godsare limitedto the main Greek gods ofDCandMarvel? Wereyou guysforgetting Cronus,Fobos,Deimos,Hermes,Eris (chaos godess) ...andthe other charactersthat do not existin theoriginal greek mythologyas Children of Cronus,Triton,Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark),Lord Lycus (Ares son).

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rolldestroyer

@czarny_samael666 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@czarny_samael666:

1.IDK any real feats for Zeus from M:The End.

2.I know some of his feats, but none in Odin level. Closest is banishing Pluto to Hades with one move. Few strength feats, like holding whole Olympus and putting it on Typhon, taking out Namor in one move, winning with WWHulk after Chaos War... There also are his fights with Avengers and one-shotting some monster that defeated tired Hercules and Thor. IMO best is one with Pluto. Logic tells me that Zeus is more powerfull than Pluto, even if they would fight in Hades and Pluto defeated Stranger there. I am not sure about Zeus' indyvidual feats. These type of characters have very limitted feats.

Who actually have any? Ares, Zeus and Hercules from DC side for sure. Zeus, Hera, Hermes, Artemis (her weapons rather than she by herself), Pluto, Poseidon (some debatable ones), Ares and few others from Marvel, but IMO big 4 (three brothers and Hera) are above all the others, like Zeus and Ares from DC.

it isn't much, probably not his greatest showing in raw power, but it's the closest to him being at skyfather level:

in the 2nd issue he was the only one able to escape Akhenaten's attack and saved king thor in the process:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

he was depicted as being more knowledgable than king thor

No Caption Provided

and in issue 3 it's revealed that he was able to get right into eternity's/infinity's place:

No Caption Provided

in the last issue, comes his most impressive showing where he is shown fighting alongside LT himself and the other cosmics (there aren't any other stories who put him alongside the abstracts)

No Caption Provided

it's the closest story arc you have to Zeus being depicted as a skyfather.

while the feats you listed are impressive, they are not skyfather impressive.

Also you should try looking at killemall's Marvel Zeus chronology thread, it has all his appearances (except marvel the end)

i dont know about marvel greeks much, so i'll take your word for it, but in DC, yeah, Ares and Zeus

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Zeus's "best feat" appears to be achieved by not just him, but two others. And again, he is reliant on worship.

Apart from creating earthquakes in his rage, I have no idea what DC Poseidon can do. Marvel's Neptune has banished and harmed an elder god, Set, has flooded Mikaboshi's army, and so forth. Not the poorest feats in my opinion.

Marvel Pluto has beaten Sorcerer Supreme Strange, I believe.

MisterMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Arent almost all of the Olympians in Marvel Comics preety much featless??? How they win???