DC Male Martial Artists VS Marvel Female Martial Artists

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

Hopefully this will be a well debated battle. Also shout-out to @jashro44 for helping me put this battle together! Here goes.

William Cobb (Talon) and Tim Drake VS Black Widow and Elektra.

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• All combatants in character
  • Standard gear for everyone
  • Random Encounter
  • Combatants have knowledge onlyon their partner
  • DC Characters are Pre New 52.

Victory Conditions:

• KO/Incapacitate/Death

• Teams start at the opposite ends of this street. They can use the environment as they please.
No Caption Provided

May the best duo win.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will go with team 2

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Chimeroid

I think team one gets it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Does that Talon have the healing factor and super strength other Talons have? If no then I got with team 2, if yes then team 1.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Elektra is out of this league

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Standard gear? Widow shoots them both.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: well, i assume Talon starts fully juiced on Electrum serum which gives him an insane endurance and healing factor. He is good enough to go blow for blow with Natasha until he beats her probably since he is on Bats level or around. While Tim Drake is a best staff user who ever lived. Elektra is on similar level but Bo is just a superior weapon to Sais

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Standard gear? Widow shoots them both.

Talon and Tim can dodge bullets. I think the guys take this because they're stronger and Talon's got a healing factor

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say Team 1.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: well, i assume Talon starts fully juiced on Electrum serum which gives him an insane endurance and healing factor. He is good enough to go blow for blow with Natasha until he beats her probably since he is on Bats level or around. While Tim Drake is a best staff user who ever lived. Elektra is on similar level but Bo is just a superior weapon to Sais

Elektra should beat Tim easily. Tim is more around black widows level. Elektra has some decent showings against wolverine, taskmaster, and bullseye (despite being killed by him initially), and she has also deflected machine gun fire with her sais so she is faster than Tim. Tim doesn't have the feats to take her. Cobbs would probably beat Black widow but I view elektra as the MVP.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not familiar with talon bit tim can take widow pretty easily. And can go toe to toe with elektra. If talon is as strong as people say then team 1 wins

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra remains a tad too underrated on the Vine. I vote for the femme fatales.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra is too good.

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Keehn93

What you guys aren't going to use Shadowcat? She's the best martial artist.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: ok.. i have never read any of Elektras feats so i can say but everywhere i checked her stats are human not even enhanced human and Tim has beaten Shiva once so even if he cant beat her he can buy time until a century old assassin beats Natasha and then it is 2v1

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IndomitableRegal

I'll leaning towards the females, with Elektra as MVP. I honestly think either on Team 1 can give Black Widow a good fight and even beat her, but I think Elektra's a little out of Tim's league and I think she can put Talon down eventually as long as she doesn't underestimate him. The challenge to me is if she can put him down before it becomes a 2-on-1 (because I see Tim beating Widow a majority of the time). I'll give it to team 2 5.5/10.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: ok.. i have never read any of Elektras feats so i can say but everywhere i checked her stats are human not even enhanced human and Tim has beaten Shiva once so even if he cant beat her he can buy time until a century old assassin beats Natasha and then it is 2v1

Tim beat shiva in a spar when shiva gave him a free move, and Tims staff made a noise which distracted which allowed Tim to get other hits in. The second time he was amped on a drug which gave him super speed. I don't see Tim taking Elektra or lasting longer than black widow.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra solos

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That is true, but a title of the worlds greatest staff user is not to be taken lightly.... SO i still think he could fight Elektra, and even if he defeated Shiva with Shiva only using one arm it is still a BIG feat

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juiceboks  Moderator

Since when is Cobb a martial artist?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That is true, but a title of the worlds greatest staff user is not to be taken lightly....

The title is thrown around pretty commonly in fiction. Elektra was said to be the greatest ninja in the world by wolverine, and than said it was stupid for him to think he had a chance against gorgon given the easy he took out elektra (paraphrasing a bit). These sorts of statements never mean any thing.

No Caption Provided

SO i still think he could fight Elektra, and even if he defeated Shiva with Shiva only using one arm it is still a BIG feat

Not really something that puts him above Elektra.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chimeroid

@jashro44: ok.. So, you claim Elektra could easily dispatch Tim? Or that he couldn't stall for time? Tim is brilliant even by Batman standards, he is a casual bullet timer, he thrashed Jason Todd and Damian Wayne and stalemated vs Grayson-bat and ofc has many more feats that would be pointless to account since Elektra has feats as well..

Now don't forget the extra gear he has on him that would also help him combined with his intellect. SO even if he couldnt take on elektra by himself he just needs to stalemate her.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 owie  Moderator

The women. I think BW's gear plus skills can take down Talon (which was actually a battle of the week a long time ago), and Elektra can certainly beat Tim. Not to undersell him, but she's one of Marvel's top fighters. Not quite at, say, Black Panther or Iron Fist level, but the tier right below that, IMHO, given her recent series.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel team

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Talons are immortal assassins with boosted stats. How does BW beat Cobb which is one of the best of them?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 owie  Moderator

@owie: Talons are immortal assassins with boosted stats. How does BW beat Cobb which is one of the best of them?

Black Widow also happens to be an assassin with retarded aging and boosted stats, as a recipient of a super soldier serum variant. In addition, she is far more agile, approximately equally or even more skilled, and has much better gear, including her gauntlets which not only include her electric Widow's bite, but also knock out and tear gas and wire coils for incapacitation. Plus explosives discs on her belt. Not even counting her guns. Whereas he has knives, which she can probably dodge all day. Since they start at a distance here, she can use all that weaponry to her advantage, most of which will count as a win through KO or incap even with his healing factor. And while clearly Cobb's healing factor is better than hers, she also has an impressive pain resistance, for instance when she woke up during invasive abdominal surgery and was able to feign sleeping without moving at all the whole time. Plus, she is his tactical superior.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: they survive decapitation... Cobb himself can match Batman blow for blow as far as his skills go and his gear is not limited to his throwing knives... I dont see her taking him down... I also think the words greatest staff user would fare pretty well vs a greatest of the ninja...

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 owie  Moderator

@owie: they survive decapitation... Cobb himself can match Batman blow for blow as far as his skills go and his gear is not limited to his throwing knives... I dont see her taking him down... I also think the words greatest staff user would fare pretty well vs a greatest of the ninja...

They can survive decapitation, but they're still temporarily incapacitated in the meantime, which counts as a win. Two widow's bites, both at 30,000 volts, will certainly take him down temporarily. His healing factor also doesn't protect him against gas or being coiled in wire. Cobb has fought well against Batman, but that's at least partly due to his enhanced speed and strength, and not just his skills. Over time, if it was just H2H, he would win, but with these conditions my take is that she can dodge him consistently and take him out temporarily with her gear. If he has other gear, then please list it.

Elektra is just on another tier than Tim. She's faster, more durable, probably stronger, and more skilled. Can Tim run along the edge of a sword after it's been thrown at her? Casually beat Punisher while holding back? Grab a gun out of Punisher's hands while standing a few feet away without him even realizing it? Simultaneously beat Jack O'Lantern, Whiplash, and Tigershark, who are all enhanced beyond their normal levels as Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Namor villains? Take out a whole Serpent Squad? Regularly punch through the bodies of her opponents with her bare fists? Throw a sai so it goes into the barrel of a gun, ripping the guy's gun hand off, and sending the guy's hand back through his own body with the force of her thrown sai? Intentionally let herself get stabbed all the way through her gut (what would be a lethal blow for almost anyone) by a longsword for tactical reasons, then get back up and win the fight, and then go on to storm an assassin headquarters immediately after?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Cobb has never fought well against Batman. Their first fight had Bruce holding back because he was in his public persona and he didn't want to risk anyone watching and wondering how Bruce Wayne was suddenly a ninja master --- and yet Cobb still lost this fight --- and their second fight had a severely weakened, hallucinating, mortally wounded Bruce savagely beating Cobb to death.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Chimeroid

@saren: so it is safe to say his skill is in between Dick and Bruce since he did beat Dick until he got suckerpunched while talking.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@saren: so it is safe to say his skill is in between Dick and Bruce since he did beat Dick until he got suckerpunched while talking.

Not really, Dick was already injured from fighting other Talons before he fought Cobb.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: yes, but injuries dont translate directly in the comic book world. Where would you put him? I honestly doubt he is below nightwing level of skill and i feel his enhancements are stronger than BW

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@saren said:

Cobb has never fought well against Batman. Their first fight had Bruce holding back because he was in his public persona and he didn't want to risk anyone watching and wondering how Bruce Wayne was suddenly a ninja master --- and yet Cobb still lost this fight --- and their second fight had a severely weakened, hallucinating, mortally wounded Bruce savagely beating Cobb to death.

Agree, for me the winner is Team 2. Elektra carries.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

MySuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#41  Edited By MySuperior

marvel

IrishWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I first would like to admit I am not familiar with Talon and had to research him. But, I am a fan of Tim Drake's Robin. So, this is how i see this fight going:

They face each other down the crumbling street. Black Widow pulls two high capacity pistols and starts firing causing the two men to dive for cover as Electra darts into one of the two crumbling buildings. Tim snaps open his staff and enters from the other end.

The pistols run empty, and Talon charges, brandishing his daggers. Tossing the guns aside, BW meets him in the street. The fight is intense, and fast paced. Meanwhile, Electra ambushesTim in a narrow hall. This dramatically reduces the efficiency of the Bo while playing to her Sais. He puts up a fight but is out classed by an opponent with longer reach, and more skills/experience.

Meanwhile, BW is loosing in the skill department vs Talon until she takes him by surprise with a point blank blast to the head with her widow's bite. ( as she did captain America the story arc when cap was high and fought her and diamond back) stunned briefly, Electra arrives and the two women use her sais to pin him to a wall.

Team two wins, (Electra has the skills to take out Tim and BW, though out matched in many fights, has the sneakiness to stop Talon long enough for the ladies to pull the win IMO) Course, a fight is a fluid thing and any outcome is possible if set up right.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team 2.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake is a capable fighter but he isn't on todd's, grayson's, or Damien's level so he isn't beating either of these combatants on team two.... He could hold his own against BW but would eventually lose.. Cobb is a mystery as he only has two feats that I can even think of that gives him any reason for being here... I would take cobb out and give tim someone with more feats... Elektra may be able to solo this particular team...

ironknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 is winning this one

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers