Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By beatboks1
@entropy_aegis said:
Kobra stomp.
Very much so
Kobra goes solo against the JSA and gives them trouble Ra's troubles batman barely.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis
@beatboks1 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
Kobra stomp.
Very much so Kobra goes solo against the JSA and gives them trouble Ra's troubles batman barely.
Yeah i've been investigating him and man is he a BEAST.This guy has the most potential to be DC's Doctor Doom and he's easily a top tier threat.Shame he's immensely obscure.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
For giving the JSA trouble he sure got whooped by Mr Terrific in h2h.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:
Bah this is an overall fight,and he did best Terrific using gas.His resources are IMO much greater.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

Btw the new Kobra destroyed Terrific.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis said:
@Morpheus_ said:
Bah this is an overall fight,and he did best Terrific using gas.His resources are IMO much greater.
Can't say I care about who wins, I just can't see him posing any real threat to the JSA in direct combat unless he got a really great upgrade from the times I read the character in Waid's Flash and the early JSA issues of the Goyer/Johns run.

Nah, he didn't best him. He got beat up, threw gas at him and run away.

@entropy_aegis said:

The OP seems to acknowledge the old Kobra.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_ said:
Can't say I care about who wins, I just can't see him posing any real threat to the JSA in direct combat unless he got a really great upgrade from the times I read the character in Waid's Flash and the early JSA issues of the Goyer/Johns run.

Nah, he didn't best him. He got beat up, threw gas at him and run away.

@entropy_aegis said:

The OP seems to acknowledge the old Kobra.
The old one is dead though,and i think it's his physical stats which are lackluster,not skill.There is'nt proof of him even being olympic.But regardless he has access to metas',Legions of followers,giant monsters,superpowered armors,magic,teleportation devices and more.Ra's only has better fighters than Kobra.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_
You should read the JSA vs Kobra mini and his faces of Evil oneshot.The guy was ridiculously impressive.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By NightFang3

Ras Al Ghul should win.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis
@NightFang said:
Ras Al Ghul should win.
Based on? 
Lemme know when Ra's can casually stroll in to the rock of eternity.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis: I don't believe he was unskilled, since Terrific demonstrated rather impressive skills himself during the fight, and Kobra made him work for it before going down, I was just looking for more feats/info on how he became so powerful. But since it's another version of the character entirely, it's possible.

@entropy_aegis said:
@Morpheus_: You should read the JSA vs Kobra mini and his faces of Evil oneshot.The guy was ridiculously impressive.

I'm reading JSA from the 1999 volume and forth, so I will get to it in good time. JSA vs Kobra is on my list.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:
@entropy_aegis: I don't believe he was unskilled, since Terrific demonstrated rather impressive skills himself during the fight, and Kobra made him work for it before going down, I was just looking for more feats/info on how he became so powerful. But since it's another version of the character entirely, it's possible.

@entropy_aegis said:
@Morpheus_: You should read the JSA vs Kobra mini and his faces of Evil oneshot.The guy was ridiculously impressive.

I'm reading JSA from the 1999 volume and forth, so I will get to it in good time. JSA vs Kobra is on my list.
The first one was skilled in according to himself all styles but he never displayed any noteworthy physical ability,the new one has no notable skill but he's used the metagene therapy on himself making him superhumanly strong and fast.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NightFang3
@entropy_aegis said:
@NightFang said:
Ras Al Ghul should win.
Based on? 
Ra's is much more intelligent, is an better swordsmen and martial arts then Kobra. 

Ra's has also proven to be a threat to the JLA in Tower of Babel and will never truly die sense Resurrection.
Enerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Enerjak

Kobra has given Batman a decent fight, but it was a long time ago so I don't know if it still means anything.  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis
@NightFang said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@NightFang said:
Ras Al Ghul should win.
Based on? 
Ra's is much more intelligent, is an better swordsmen and martial arts then Kobra. 

Ra's has also proven to be a threat to the JLA in Tower of Babel and will never truly die sense Resurrection.
Sword vs Bulletproof armor,bullets,venom darts,gases,lasso/cable and more? i'll take the latter.Kobra's H2H is superior to Ra's.More intelligent? prove it. 
He was only a threat to the JLA in that particular story because he stole the Batman's plans.Kobra has threatened the league on 3 seperate occasions,the JSA on the 3 occasions,and the Outsiders twice. 
While Ra's treats the Lazarus pits like a treasure,Kobra treats it like a disposable resource.Currently the Kobra Cult has a piece of the Rock of Eternity,Nth metal,Teleportation tech,Lex Luthors meta gene programme(everyman project) and more.They owned Thunderbolt,i'm a huge Ra's fan but Kobra is da man.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NightFang3
@Enerjak: After all the Crisis events that took place after this fight and now with the relaunch coming. I bet this fight is non-con.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By entropy_aegis
@NightFang said:
@Enerjak: After all the Crisis events that took place after this fight and now with the relaunch coming. I bet this fight is non-con.
It's canon unless proven otherwise,you can assume all you want man.By the way Morrison's Batman has Outsiders in it,and since that survives the relaunch then this will too. 
Plus Outsiders is a part of the Batman line whose continuity has not been altered.
Enerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Enerjak
@NightFang: Batman's post crisis history is one of the few that won't be getting rebooted post Flashpoint.  Also I'm not entirely sure but I don't think that Kobra received a new origin after the first Crisis so that fight would still fit into his history.  I'm not even sure if Kobra is in the new DC because the JSA isn't. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Enerjak said:
@NightFang: Batman's post crisis history is one of the few that won't be getting rebooted post Flashpoint.  Also I'm not entirely sure but I don't think that Kobra received a new origin after the first Crisis so that fight would still fit into his history.  I'm not even sure if Kobra is in the new DC because the JSA isn't. 
The JSA are on Earth-2,however Mister Terrific (JSA member) in on DCNU,Kobra is a general DCU villian.His more recent stories portray him as a JSA villian but overall that's not the case.
Enerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Enerjak
@entropy_aegis said:
@Enerjak said:
The JSA are on Earth-2,however Mister Terrific (JSA member) in on DCNU,Kobra is a general DCU villian.His more recent stories portray him as a JSA villian but overall that's not the case.
I've only read about him in the JSA books and that one Outsiders issue I bought in a bargain bin.  I'm trying to read all of his appearances because he's such a cool villain.  Cooler then Ra's IMO [although Ra's is badass too]
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Enerjak said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Enerjak said:
I've only read about him in the JSA books and that one Outsiders issue I bought in a bargain bin.  I'm trying to read all of his appearances because he's such a cool villain.  Cooler then Ra's IMO [although Ra's is badass too]
Sadly he's very obscure.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By entropy_aegis

However the orignal Kobra was waaaaaaaay too arrogant,a mistake which the recent one is trying to avoid.He once had Batman's body and fought against his own body(inhabited by Supes) and got his ass kicked completly.I'm not even sure who won or who lost.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Needlebay

When did Kobra fight JSA single-handedly? Also, Jason Burr was one of the best in terms of prep masters.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Needlebay said:

When did Kobra fight JSA single-handedly? Also, Jason Burr was one of the best in terms of prep masters.

Indeed,and unlike other prep masters he did'nt pull out random plot devices out of his a$$ nor did he make everyone look like they were chumps or become the second coming of God himself.

That's how you write prep masters.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Saren

Kobra ftw.

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By not2baad

H2H I think Kobra but organization against organization I think Ra's

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Needlebay

They really need to flesh out Kobra in the DCnU! He could be a massive villain in scope.