Surfer arguably solos

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Champion99

@ashrym: Because many have tried to do the same thing but failed. What makes you think Atom can?

@masterkungfu: Becaus mindless Hulk destroyed a dimension with a thunderclap.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Then whats his best draining feat?

The OP says all feats from any incarnation of 616 Hulk. So that feat does count.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
@champion99 said:

The OP says all feats from any incarnation of 616 Hulk. So that feat does count.

He absorbed Nekron off the top of my head but that might have been pre52. I'll dig through some comics and look for a good feat for you if you insist and come back with it.

Okay

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Champion99

@ashrym said:
@champion99 said:
@ashrym said:
@champion99 said:

He absorbed Nekron off the top of my head but that might have been pre52. I'll dig through some comics and look for a good feat for you if you insist and come back with it.

Okay

So far mostly nuclear reactors and nuclear explosions. He absorbed his future selves throughout his own time stream (issue 10) in an effort to prevent his own future god complex by selecting his point in history to alter it and that's probably a solid enough feat there.

No Caption Provided

Don't forget he can be any size and replicate himself any number of times.

No Caption Provided

Captain Atom sees and interacts with everything on a quantum level right down to sub-molecular structure, energy, and time perception. He can destroy a planet, change time streams, alter reality, manipulate energy, alter matter at will and casually. His only restrictions are experience and understanding with his abilities, and maintaining his concept of himself and how he relates to humanity.

That's nice but Hulk survived for days while being that can drain suns feed off of him. And that was planet Hulk. WBHulk has much more gamma radiation.

All those powers are nice and all but Hulk has resistance to everyone of them. I can post scans if you want me to.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@champion99: thunderclap isn't exactly one-shot as in one-punch, one kill but even then hulk destroying a dimension would end up killing his own team too and wouldn't have any effect on atom nor fate who have incorporeal forms

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxlabp said:

Surfer arguably solos

no he doesn't, cut it out

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

Captain Atom just drains and disperses the energy faster. Or turns the Hulk into a pile of feathers. Or both. They aren't even on the same playing field. It doesn't matter how strong and durable and how much gamma energy there might be. Hulk just isn't in the same class as someone who manipulates matter, energy, and time on Atom's scale. This isn't even something that's close.

With what feats? If Atom doesn't have the feats he can't do it. He'll just fail like the many other that tried to drain Hulk.

He'll turn Hulk into feathers? Has he ever transformed someone with transmutation resistance? If not then he won't transform Hulk. Naming a bunch of abilities that Hulk has resistance to won't help Atom unless he has good feats with those powers.

This is Captain Atom casually taking someone to the edge of the big bang explosion to watch as our universe expands. He just simply does it. That could also just as easily be a Hulk time out as much as changing or draining him. The only characters who really matter in this match are Strange, Fate, Surfer, and Atom. At best, everyone else just support.

Hulk has broken through a time storm. I don't see what that will do to him.

Hulk also destroyed a dimension with a thunderclap. He's the most powerful character here.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99: thunderclap isn't exactly one-shot as in one-punch, one kill but even then hulk destroying a dimension would end up killing his own team too and wouldn't have any effect on atom nor fate who have incorporeal forms

I never said he would one-shot them using a Thunderclap. I'm saying that if he has enough power to destroy a dimension using a thunder clap then a punch from him wound one-shot them.

As long as a member from his team(him) is still standing then his team still wins.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The real fight here is between the Surfer and Atom. With Surfer having his usual Power Cosmic and Atom having control over the Quantum Field. One is nebulous and undefined... the other consistenly appears to put the user somewhere near the level of god.

Also in the case of energy manipulation, the Captain could just redirect one onto the other.

As for hulk being the most powerful character here:

No Caption Provided

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange arguably solo, respectively. Hulk might solo. But overall, Dr. Fate is really the only MVP DC has, and it won't take much effort to take him out with the aforementioned Marvel three.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99: so the only way his team wins is if there are casualties from his side too? so hulk can survive dimensional destruction? even if hulk were to do that, atom and fate both have precog, intangibility and reconstitution

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MasterKungFu

@dark_cloud_ said:

Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange arguably solo, respectively. Hulk might solo. But overall, Dr. Fate is really the only MVP DC has, and it won't take much effort to take him out with the aforementioned Marvel three.

no one is soloing FFS

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer + Strange = GG.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu:

Boo hoo. All you've been doing is crying in this thread each time someone gives an answer you don't like.

Perhaps I should say Captain Atom + Doctor Fate = GG, that'll make you feel better, won't it now?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: because saying "no" totally means I'm crying right? I'm not allowed to disagree with you right?

it's totally fine to accept someone soloing and be ignorant in an evenly matched fight right?

and saying "Captain Atom + Doctor Fate = GG" changes nothing but then again you always feel the need to make things personal so why do I even bother arguing with you

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang...what a battle...

Aquaman can get the best of Namor....

Captain Atom and SS will be a good match....Im going with SS due to experience and speed...

Dr. Fate vs Dr. Strange...Im seriously on the fence...possible stalemate or they will be too occupied to contribute anything to this fight...

Hulk vs Doomsday is the same...they will be too busy to contribute anything to the fight...now WBH...will get the win...but for how long until Doomsday adapts and return

....this could definately go either way...with a slight lean to team marvel due to SS...but NO ONE is soloing.....

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stl9997: @tantani: there's no way anyone is soloing especially strange when both aquaman and hawkgirl are specifically made for fighting magic and nth metal cancels out magic . Plus new 52 captain atom is the most powerful hero in DC and can't be put down

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Thanks for the tag, I'll see about contributing more to this debate after I make my initial post. This is matched up better than it was before, I would have suggested taking Solomon Grundy and Dr Manhatten out and put replacement characters instead. Doomsday and New 52 Captain Atom work much better even if the former opens up the controversy doors. If the fight were to somehow split of into the DC and Marvel Defenders counterparts;

• New 52 Aquaman should be physically superior to Namor and be able to use water combat better.
  • Silver Surfer would eventually overpower Captain Atom in a molecular manipulation, energy blast or whatever clash their versatile powersets are in.
  • Doomsday is a monster with Hunter/Prey and Brainiac War feats which makes him superior and more adaptable to even World War Hulk or World Breaker Hulk IMO.
  • Don't know Valkyrie or Hawkgirl well but on paper Valkyrie should stomp Hawkgirl.
  • It's honestly a toss up between Fate and Strange, not to mention there's been more than one Pre New 52 Dr Fate compared to one Dr Strange

Ultimately the outcome of the match does rest on whether Strange or Fate wins the magical duel. Even in a team based battle, both sorcerers are more likely to engage each other rather than the rest of their opponents. Still, the match up still favours the Marvel Defenders over the DC Defenders even without teamwork due to Surfer and Strange as MVPs. They might tip the scales in a slight majority.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: wow...atom is really coming in to his own...awesome...

Excellent evaluation there as well...

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Thanks for the tag, I'll see about contributing more to this debate after I make my initial post. This is matched up better than it was before, I would have suggested taking Solomon Grundy and Dr Manhatten out and put replacement characters instead. Doomsday and New 52 Captain Atom work much better even if the former opens up the controversy doors. If the fight were to somehow split of into the DC and Marvel Defenders counterparts;

• New 52 Aquaman should be physically superior to Namor and be able to use water combat better.
  • Silver Surfer would eventually overpower Captain Atom in a molecular manipulation, energy blast or whatever clash their versatile powersets are in.
  • Doomsday is a monster with Hunter/Prey and Brainiac War feats which makes him superior and more adaptable to even World War Hulk or World Breaker Hulk IMO.
  • Don't know Valkyrie or Hawkgirl well but on paper Valkyrie should stomp Hawkgirl.
  • It's honestly a toss up between Fate and Strange, not to mention there's been more than one Pre New 52 Dr Fate compared to one Dr Strange

Ultimately the outcome of the match does rest on whether Strange or Fate wins the magical duel. Even in a team based battle, both sorcerers are more likely to engage each other rather than the rest of their opponents. Still, the match up still favours the Marvel Defenders over the DC Defenders even without teamwork due to Surfer and Strange as MVPs. They might tip the scales in a slight majority.

I kind of realized it after I made it that Manhattan and SG were mistakes. And although I disagree on your opinion about the Hulk/DD otherwise I agree. Although I think Namor has the physicals to take Arthur especially recently since Hickman has seemingly given him a power boost.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Namor has made Thanos bleed, gone toe to toe with Hyperion, Hulk, Thor, Blue Marvel and beaten Thing. He's also tanked being stabbed through the chest, hit by Black Bolts scream and dropped from the sky to a mountain below all in one go.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Champion99

The real fight here is between the Surfer and Atom. With Surfer having his usual Power Cosmic and Atom having control over the Quantum Field. One is nebulous and undefined... the other consistenly appears to put the user somewhere near the level of god.

Also in the case of energy manipulation, the Captain could just redirect one onto the other.

"Feats for any incarnation of 616 Hulk allowed."

Mindless Hulk did this:

No Caption Provided

So what are you laughing at? The fact that you can't read the OP?

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

I posted a feat where he absorbed his own energy from his future timeline and thereby created a new timeline after having absorbed that energy. That beats the feats of others who have successfully drained Hulk but you chose to ignore it. Also posted his ability to simply create duplicates of himself so those could each do the same thing to the Hulk simultaneously. Here's an image of simply recreating his own powers in another person.

No Caption Provided

He could give his whole team his powers if he wanted.

Captain Atom clearly has abilities beyond the Hulk and a lot more of them. The Hulk isn't the most powerful anything here.

I didn't ignore it. It simply not good enough. Until you post a scan of future Atom being more resistant to draining then Hulk. Has he ever use this duplicating tactic in battle before?

How often does he empower his team mates in the middle of the battle?

No Caption Provided

So you're saying Atom has a better feat then this? Show me.

Also, you're right about your last statement. I forgot that current SS is recreating a universe. He's the most powerful here. No matter how you look at it team Marvel takes this.

@champion99: so the only way his team wins is if there are casualties from his side too? so hulk can survive dimensional destruction? even if hulk were to do that, atom and fate both have precog, intangibility and reconstitution

No. SS and Classic Strange can take care of the team as well.

Even if Fate and Atom survives SS and Strange will be there to take them out.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. SS and Classic Strange can take care of the team as well.

Even if Fate and Atom survives SS and Strange will be there to take them out.

how can SS and Strange take care of the team when they would be destroyed too by hulk's dimension-busting thunderclap? and you're really underselling atom and fate if you think this is some walk in the park for SS and Strange

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85 said:

"Feats for any incarnation of 616 Hulk allowed."

Mindless Hulk did this:

No Caption Provided

So what are you laughing at? The fact that you can't read the OP?

Oh wow he beat up Nightmare... am I supposed to be impressed with that?

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

He doesn't have the skill, knowledge, and experience to pull it off.

It doesn't matter. He can pull it off, he has the raw power to do it.

Raw power bottlenecked by his ability to use it.

It's not a regular raw power, it is MULTIVERSAL RAW POWER, it doesn't really matter if he can control his powers or not, he can simply use his raw power, and warp all of them out of existence, plain and simple.

There's a big difference between ability and potential.

Yep. There is difference, but then, writer didn't say anything about potential, he simply said that CA can obliterate and recreate the multiversal, plain and simple. It is just his power, not potential.

No one here is soloing.

Maybe in your dreams.

But in reality CA would solo all of them with his Multiversal Reality Warping.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Namor has made Thanos bleed, gone toe to toe with Hyperion, Hulk, Thor, Blue Marvel and beaten Thing. He's also tanked being stabbed through the chest, hit by Black Bolts scream and dropped from the sky to a mountain below all in one go.

Namor making Thanos bleed is massively inconsistent considering that Thanos has taken hits from far stronger and more powerful beings than Namor. Even when faced with a Power Gem and maddened amped Thor, Thanos was still able to go toe to toe with him. The Hyperion brawl is still unknown at this point but it's not going to end well for Namor. Hulk has managed to overpower Namor several times both on land and in the water as well, the classic fights of Namor beating Hulk are outdated. Thor has one shotted Namor in the pouring rain and Aquaman has slightly better showings against fellow DC bricks compared to Namor and that's without Aquaman's other advantages too. As for Black Bolt, let's be honest if his scream can KO Savage Hulk, cause Thanos pain, blow up Attilan and level mountains, how is it conceivable for Namor to tank it?

Lord_Anton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange is way above Dr Fate's level imo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Doesn't matter. Aquaman has one shot BFR'd Superman, toed it with Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Martian Manhunter, DC Hercules and he beat Swamp Thing, MMH, and Hercules while his Wonder Woman matches were inconclusive. He's also pushed closed part of the Mid-Atlantic trench and caught a continent busting attack. He's been demonstrated easily tossing around cruise ships and submarines under deep ocean pressures/resistance and out speeds hypersonic flight craft. He was one of three characters capable of hitting Darkseid backwards towards a boom-tube at the time, and punctured Darkseid's eye, had Darkseid bleeding energy out of his chest, and nailed Darkseid in the arm with his trident again when Darkseid was holding him up with one hand.

That's without an army of sea monsters to overwhelm Namor, some godsmack lightning, or Aquaman's other elemental powers. Namor can't take that trident through the front of his face and out the back of it in any event. Namor's ability to fight other very strong characters would work against Aquaman's ability to fight other very strong characters to even it up better if Aquaman doesn't have access to good summoning, the ability to run Namor through, or Aquaman's elemental powers. As long as Aquaman can summon an army and/or has his trident Namor's a clear underdog between the two. It's actually one of the rare times Namor wants to avoid the water because that enables the sea monster army better and gives up his flight advantage. This is a case of brick vs brick++.

All I was proposing was that the match up isn't as one sided as you are stating.

Good list of Namor's feats with scans

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3b5vsb/respect_namor_the_avenging_son_marvel/

@lvenger said:
@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Namor making Thanos bleed is massively inconsistent considering that Thanos has taken hits from far stronger and more powerful beings than Namor. Even when faced with a Power Gem and maddened amped Thor, Thanos was still able to go toe to toe with him. The Hyperion brawl is still unknown at this point but it's not going to end well for Namor. Hulk has managed to overpower Namor several times both on land and in the water as well, the classic fights of Namor beating Hulk are outdated. Thor has one shotted Namor in the pouring rain and Aquaman has slightly better showings against fellow DC bricks compared to Namor and that's without Aquaman's other advantages too. As for Black Bolt, let's be honest if his scream can KO Savage Hulk, cause Thanos pain, blow up Attilan and level mountains, how is it conceivable for Namor to tank it?

It's pretty easy to make someone bleed. Given the context, Namor's strength level and where he hit Thanos it isn't implausible that he made him bleed. Although it could just be chalked up to the artist.

BB scream has never really affected Thanos.

Also I'm not implying he'd win. Just that it wouldn't be as easy as proposed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: In real life sure but in comic books if you're durable enough, you don't usually bleed unless hit by someone who can hurt you. And Thanos tanking a serious shot from Thor with Mjolnir whilst barely flinching only for Namor to draw blood is a big double standard.

You might be right but it did cause Thanos to grunt and at least be moved by Bolt's scream if nothing else.

It's not an absolute clear cut victory for Aquaman in the split of opinions and perspectives, that I can get but Aquaman seems to have more of the advantages in a fight to me. Not that their fight matters since the other 3 cosmic or heavy hitters are what determine who wins this Defenders battle.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

dc because of fate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: In real life sure but in comic books if you're durable enough, you don't usually bleed unless hit by someone who can hurt you. And Thanos tanking a serious shot from Thor with Mjolnir whilst barely flinching only for Namor to draw blood is a big double standard.

You might be right but it did cause Thanos to grunt and at least be moved by Bolt's scream if nothing else.

It's not an absolute clear cut victory for Aquaman in the split of opinions and perspectives, that I can get but Aquaman seems to have more of the advantages in a fight to me. Not that their fight matters since the other 3 cosmic or heavy hitters are what determine who wins this Defenders battle.

Basically what I'm thinking.

@ashrym said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I went to the listed thread and Aquaman still has better strength and speed feats. Namor was demonstrated to have crude marine telepathy in a limited area and Aquaman's telepathy can still be felt across the world. Namor was shown to have a trident that has an energy ray (that he doesn't normally have or use) and Aquaman calls down godsmack lightning. Namor was shown to be weak to fire and used asbestos protection while Aquaman's been shown to deliberately take people into lava to use it as a terrain advantage. Namor took a hit that collapse part of a city and Aquaman caught an attack that destroyed a continent. Namor lifts a submarine and Aquaman throws a submarine from through and out of the ocean. Namor takes penetrating damage from Wolverine's claws but he doesn't take something like this:

Namor fights super strong people but he doesn't demonstrate this level of striking power on them like this strike on Supes or this one on Hercules.

Crazy Hercules was completely over the island from the other side and into the ocean for an aquastomp. Aquaman just leaps over the island after him when he hit him.

Namor doesn't have the magical power that Aquaman has after Poseidon gave him god power. He doesn't casually godsmack people with lightning like here

or here

Namor doesn't create and control ice like here

or here

Namor can't directly manipulate the earth like Aquaman can.

Namor cannot catch magical energy and redirect it like Aquaman can. This was right after Morgaine le Fey was about to destroy Hong Kong. Prisoner managed to use the atlantean manacles to deflect the magical blast and then Aquaman engaged in combat with her as he struck her once, he tanked a magical blast easily from someone who just demonstrated she was capable of destroying a city the size of Hong Kong with the magical blast, and then he redirected the next magical attack back at her to defeat her. This was prior to Poseidon's protections.

Namor cannot simply magically incinerate a giant building and everyone in it.

Poseidon gave Aquaman the powers of a god. I posted a couple scans earlier stating that he has the power to destroy their world. These powers include elemental powers and magical energy, protection, and teleportation on top of Aquaman's high tier physicals and damage output far beyond Wolverine's claws as evidenced by his damage to Darkseid. His character would likely prevent him from going in for a fast kill but he's capable of a fast kill with the trident. His power set includes Namor's and more. Outside of the four key characters (Strange, Fate, Atom, Surfer), Aquaman's magical power makes him the most likely to matter in this match up. He is more powerful than Namor. I can also show more scans of Aquaman impaling and instantly killing armored atlanteans with his trident; although, to be fair, that's not the same as impaling Namor. I just wouldn't expect Namor to survive a weapon that can tear his head in half or destroy his spine. I really don't think Namor would last that long to Aquaman doing what needs to get done.

I don't need scans I know what Aquaman is capable of. But I just don't see this as being so finely cut as you as you are. It's a differing opinion. Although I do think Arthur will come out on top it will be tough.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers