#1 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>Which team wins both sides are bloodlusted both teams have 13 hours of prep who wins</p><p>It's Loki vs sinestro</p><p>Dr doom vs batman</p><p>Mr fantastic vs brainiack 5</p>

#2 Edited by Wardemon32 (4149 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I didn't even know Sinestro and Loki were geniuses. I'm pretty sure Dr. Doom is smarter than Batman.

Now for Brainiac 5 vs Mr. Fantastic

Now this part is kind of fustrating when they don't grasp the concept of this situation. I personally feel Brainiac 5 is smarter than Mr. Fantastic. B

Brainiac 5 and Mr. Fantastic are respectively the smartest people of both of their companies. Well I know it's already been stated that Brainiac 5 is the smartest person to ever exist in DC. But, the factorors are different, time period.

We can all say that Brainiac 5 and Mr. Fantastic are evenly tied or Brainiac 5 suprasses Mr. Fantastic. But let's say they are tired for this one. For one, Brainiac 5 has a unlimited source of knowledge I believe. But, because of the time period alone Braniac 5 can be said to be smarter. Has a more vast knowlegde on things since he's about 10,000 or 9,000 years into the future.

Some of the greatest scientist known today, would be no where NEAR the level of scientist like 9,000 years into the future

Another thing is "The Source Wall", I don't personally count this in but it is sort of a point. I wouldn't really use this one in comparing how smart each other is. Brainiac 5 would be one of the may few to get into the source wall. Only a 12th level intellect can get inside. Dr. Doom has actually gotten in the source wall but he got stuck.

He was also shown in the source wall in the last epidose of Justice Leauge Unlimited. But this pic was JLA/Avengers so I don't condone people using this.

But, here is also a thing that people like to say. "Well Mr. Fantastic created this to beat this God or to beat this guy". If you were to put Brainiac 5 in teh same situation don't you think he could do the same because of the simple fact that their evenly tied in peoples eyes while some say Brainy is smarter? And you also have to include the fact that Brainiac 5 is more logical.

The only reason Mr. Fantastic is shown creating these things is because he's faced with these certain scenario's that would have him need to create such things. And a lot of the time he's facing a God once in a while because Marvel is BIG on talking about Gods while DC keeps it alienated.

Do you say, Mr. Fantastic created a robot that can fight Galactus or the UN. Why would Brainiac 5 need to do these things? What, he's going to build a robot that can fight galactus when galactus doesn't even exist? Or when has he ever needed to go to the extent where he had to make something like the UN?

Mr. Fantastic is more pushed. You may have two children and you may push one so much harder than the other one but that doesn't mean he's neccesarily smarter than the other.

Edit: You should look at this thread I made a while back

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dr-doom-and-comicvine-rant-743598/

#3 Edited by Shawnbaby (10615 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Loki

Round 2: Doom

Round 3: Brainiac 5

One thing that always troubles me about these kinds of threads is the misnomer that More Knowledge = More Intelligence. I think we've all met enough people in our lives who are "Book Smart" but are unable to translate that knowledge into real-world situations.

#4 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: loki

R2: doom

R3: brainiac 5 though it's close.

#5 Edited by dondave (36402 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki

Dr Doom

Braniac 5

#6 Edited by MisterWhisper (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Loki vs Sinestro: Honestly do not like either one that much but i will give it to Loki, as far as I can tell he has better planning skills, Sinestro does have better power though.

2. Doom. In the end with you compare him with Batman, you have 2 people who are masters of prep and taking advantage of their opponents weaknesses. If we consider them even in the planning department, which I would call fair, Doom just has more varied resources to use.

3. Brainiac is just plain smarter. They both pull out their I win buttons, difference being that Brainiac's button also turns off Reed's.

#7 Posted by beatboks1 (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: Doom

One thing that always troubles me about these kinds of threads is the misnomer that More Knowledge = More Intelligence. I think we've all met enough people in our lives who are "Book Smart" but are unable to translate that knowledge into real-world situations.

This, plus there is perfect proof of the idea that someone with a lower intellect can outsmart a greater one in DCU.

Vril Dox II( Brainiac 2) is only a 10th level intellect compared to his father Brainiac, his son Lyrl ( Brainiac 3 and 4 and 5 all 12 level. Yet he's out smarted and beaten both his father and his son, and he's out maneuvered Brainiac 5. He's more of a psychologist and strategist than they are and can turn them to his game.

#8 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

well if it wasn't for the fact that Reed has an infinity gem, other wise i would say Brainaic5 would win under the OP circumstances.

Loki - engineered his own death and resurrection...

Dr. Doom because this is no contest.

Reed only due to infinity gem.

#9 Posted by Saren (25612 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed doesn't have an Infinity Gem anymore. No one in the 616 universe does. The Gems were all destroyed.

#10 Edited by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Then Reed loses.

#11 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: The Gems were all destroyed.

Whoa!! When did this happen?

#12 Posted by dondave (36402 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Man, I bet Thanos is pissed about that!

#14 Posted by Regal_Rumble_Man (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Still on richards, his history is more compact IMO

but brainiac still has the best forcefields

#15 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki

Batman

Brainiac 5

#16 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: Batman

Round 3: Reed Richards

Overall, Marvel has more brains. They got more inventors and geniuses such as Reed, Doctor Doom, Bruce Banner, Iron Man, Hank Pym, Beast, Professor X, Amadeus Cho, Doc Ock, and lots more characters. Although, DC would put up a great fight with Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor, Mr. Terrific, Brainiac 5, Ray Palmer, and the Oracle (Barbara Gordon) on their side.

#17 Posted by comic_book_fan (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

loki

Doom

reed

#18 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, Marvel has more brains. They got more inventors and geniuses such as Reed, Doctor Doom, Bruce Banner, Iron Man, Hank Pym, Beast, Professor X, Amadeus Cho, Doc Ock, and lots more characters. Although, DC would put up a great fight with Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor, Mr. Terrific, Brainiac 5, Ray Palmer, and the Oracle (Barbara Gordon) on their side.

Don't forget Dr. Manhattan DC also has ;)

#19 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

No, they don't. DC has an overall better catalogue of geniuses. Lex Luthor, Ray Palmer, the Brainiac's, Metron, Mr. Terrific, Terry Sloan, Ted Kord, Professor Ivo, Ultra-Humanite, TO Morrow, Will Magnus, Toyman, Emil, IQ, Adam Strange, Lobo, Superman, Alex Luthor, Steel, Cyborg, and on and on, etc...

#20 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5015 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki, Doom and Reed. Though Reed will have trouble with Brainiac. Lmfao people think Bruce can hang with Victor, that's not even close or debateable. Doom stomps.

#21 Edited by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac/Reed fight is a toss up, IMO. Any genius can win on any given day.

#22 Edited by Juiceboks (8464 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki wins

Doom stomps with his sorcery and virtually unlimited resources.

Tossup, but I give it to Reed thinking of the stuff he can bring out. If he still has the Anti Galactus suit then he takes it for sure.

#23 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't underestimate Brainiac's inventions. The concentrator is one of the best invention type of feats I have seen. It's right up there with the Miracle Machine, which B5 understood how it worked.

#24 Posted by MonsterStomp (16882 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Marvel brains are more inventive, creative, seen by the many inventions of Reed, Doom, etc. The great minds of DC are strategical and tactical.

#26 Posted by Clark_EL (2648 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: Well I didn't even know Sinestro and Loki were geniuses.

They are.

loki

Doom

reed

This

@oceanmaster21: Hey OC21....it might be better if you replaced Reed with Ultron...what do you think?

#27 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Both companies are wildly inventive. Look at Metron's Worlogog, or Brainiac's Concentrator, or Ray Palmer's machine to pluck out anybody from the time stream to defeat Superman, etc... Lyrl Dox's Pulsar Stargrave was bad ass as was the Monitor's Cosmic Armor Superman or the Old Gods, Mageddon. All technological achievements.

#28 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

@clark_el: yea i shud but red not bad man hes pretty dag on smart lol

#30 Posted by Clark_EL (2648 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

My own personal feelings is that Mr. Fantastic CAN be as smart as Brainiac, a lot of what holds him back is his family and that he needs to have them at his side. He likes being a dad and husband and a best friend and says that he takes them for granted without them his life would be meaningless. And the best way I feel that we can tell this is with the Council of Reeds. Every single Richards was smart enough to break through dimensional barriers and combine their respective powers, resources and intellect to save planets and dying universes who need their intervention. They reformed three seperate infinity gauntlets, ultimate nulifiers, and built a head quarters between dimensions and stopped threats like Galactus and Dr. Doom in individual universes constantly.

They were only able to do this by giving up their world however, everyone they ever met and would meet in order to do this. They became a multiversal force that helped many at the cost of the few they met. So while Brainiac 5 is smarter than Richards, without his personal relationships the two may be equal.

Oh and @wardemon32: Sweet Explanation. Honestly.

#32 Edited by Wardemon32 (4149 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by SlimJ87D (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed doesn't have an Infinity Gem anymore. No one in the 616 universe does. The Gems were all destroyed.

To clarify, Doctor Strange still retains the time Gem. That one wasn't destroyed, he secretly saved it or something like that.

#34 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'd give Brainiac 5 the edge over Reed slightly, mainly because he's from the future, chances are he's been there, done that.

#35 Posted by russellmania77 (14964 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 1 million

#36 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: Dr Doom