(DBZ) World Martial Arts Contests vs Raditz

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Doc-Holiday

Alternate timeline: Raditz has defeated Goku and Piccolo, the world turns to those who were considered among the strongest ever, fighters from the World Martial Arts Tournament have to protect the Earth from Raditz.

Their team includes (in alphabetical order): Bacterian,(King) Chappa,Chiaotzu, Chi-Chi, Giran, Hero (Kami in Hero form), Krillin,Nam, Pamput, Ranfan, (Master) Roshi, (Cyborg) Tao, Tien, Yajirobe and Yamcha

No Caption Provided

vs

Raditz

No Caption Provided

Do these 15 former World Martial Arts Contestants stand a chance against the Saiyan who could so easily dispatch Goku and Piccolo?

Note: For those interested, here are the power levels of each fighter and the total, just to save you a google search

Bacterian - 110

King Chappa - exact number unknown but due to the fact he was defeated by Goku with only a power level of roughly 110, it is believed King Chappa's power level is at or below 100

Chiaotzu - with the power of levitation and energy blasts, believed to have a power level above 110

Chi-chi - 130

Giran - 100

Hero - 220

Krillin - 206

Nam - 100

Pamput - Also easily defeated by Goku, believed to be roughly the same level or low than Chappa

Ranfan - 80

Roshi - 139

Cyborg Tao - 240

Tien - 250

Yajirboe - Able to fight evenly with Goku and quickly destroy the monster Cymbal, Yajirobe has a power level of roughly 200

Yamcha - 177

Approximate total: 2252 but that is between 15 people :P

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kami would be dead.

Raditz would stomp there Pre-DBZ versions.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kami would be dead.

Raditz would stomp there Pre-DBZ versions.

Hey tien could... screw it your right sorry.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do these 15 former World Martial Arts Contestants stand a chance

Nope.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Eye on the birdy.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all die. Unless they all beam him at the exact same time, they can't hurt him.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all die. Unless they all beam him at the exact same time, they can't hurt him.

Well Goku and Piccolo did prove that they could raise their power levels by concentrating energy and Krillin, Tien, Master Roshi, Chiaotzu all know how to do that.

The main point is getting him to stand still long enough to do it :P

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarthAznable

@docholiday said:
@darthaznable said:

Well Goku and Piccolo did prove that they could raise their power levels by concentrating energy and Krillin, Tien, Master Roshi, Chiaotzu all know how to do that.

He'd kill them before that happens. He's stronger and faster than any of them. Since Goku isn't here he won't waste his time on them.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:
@darthaznable said:

He'd kill them before that happens. He's stronger and faster than any of them. Since Goku isn't here he won't waste his time on them.

Possibly, I mean, he took his sweet time with Goku and Piccolo and eliminating potential threats is what Saiyans do before they sell off planets. Plus, he lives for violence and destruction.

I'll be honest, most of these guys wouldn't last literally one second, Ranfan, Nam, King Chappa, Bacterian, Giran, dead as door nails.

Tao, Tien, Krillin, Yamcha, Roshi, might last a minute or two but without a coordinated plan, they are dead too

Avatar image for imperator_nocturne
Imperator_Nocturne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why did you not include Mr.Satan? i know he is played as a joke in the DBZ verse but he is only a joke if you compare him to Z-fighters. he is the Champ for a reason

anyway with teamwork they could mange to beat him, Giran Spit + Destructo Disk should be as effective as gokus half nelson + piccolos hell spiral

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ValarMelkor

Raditz stomps. The only chance team has of winning is Krillin's Destructo Disc which I assume he doesn't have here since he didn't have it until the fight against Nappa. Also, Raditz isn't an idiot like Nappa and would probably have the same reaction to the Destructo Disc as Vegeta, and dodge it.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why did you not include Mr.Satan? i know he is played as a joke in the DBZ verse but he is only a joke if you compare him to Z-fighters. he is the Champ for a reason

anyway with teamwork they could mange to beat him, Giran Spit + Destructo Disk should be as effective as gokus half nelson + piccolos hell spiral

Actually I chose not to include him because as a character he didn't appear until after Frieza, all the guys I included were from the first tournament Goku ever fought in, up to the last, of course these are only characters of noted strength, speed or power (in comparison to Goku, not Raditz).

I typed at the beginning "alternate timeline", meaning things happened differently, so Goku and Piccolo died at the hands of Raditz and it's up to the strongest fighters on earth to handle him.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all get stomped.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

100 fodder is still fodder.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DSTREET45

@docholiday: First off I'm pretty sure the power-levels for everyone but Tien, Roshi, Yamcha, Krillin and Chi Chi are either made up and/or not official data books/manga numbers. I'd like to see the sources. Not that it matters or is a bad thing but I'm just curious.

Secondly, Radiz stomps. Piccolo thought that Krillin and Roshi would be useless against Raditz and out of the entire list there's only really two guys stronger than the both of them, Tien and Hero (Yamcha is between Krillin and Roshi) and neither of them have the damage output to scratch him (pretty sure even Tri-beam is useless here). 0 power times 15 is still 0 power and if the Ginyu Force vs Goku fight taught us anything it's that you can't add up power-levels and still expect to put up a fight against a stronger opponent (a power-level of 60,000 being capable of soloing the Ginyu Force sans Ginyu).

Thirdly, the fighters' only chance is if you included Ackman since he's a previous two-time World Martial Arts champion and have them stall long enough for him to use his Devil Mite Beam since it kills people with impure hearts (assuming it isn't subject to the no-limits fallacy) and pray that it catches Raditz off guard. Otherwise everybody better lube up before the match begins.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: First off I'm pretty sure the power-levels for everyone but Tien, Roshi, Yamcha, Krillin and Chi Chi are either made up and/or not official data books/manga numbers. I'd like to see the sources. Not that it matters or is a bad thing but I'm just curious.

Secondly, Radiz stomps. Piccolo thought that Krillin and Roshi would be useless against Raditz and out of the entire list there's only really two guys stronger than the both of them, Tien and Hero (Yamcha is between Krillin and Roshi) and neither of them have the damage output to scratch him (pretty sure even Tri-beam is useless here). 0 power times 15 is still 0 power and if the Ginyu Force vs Goku fight taught us anything it's that you can't add up power-levels and still expect to put up a fight against a stronger opponent (a power-level of 60,000 being capable of soloing the Ginyu Force sans Ginyu).

Thirdly, the fighters' only chance is if you included Ackman since he's a previous two-time World Martial Arts champion and have them stall long enough for him to use his Devil Mite Beam since it kills people with impure hearts (assuming it isn't subject to the no-limits fallacy) and pray that it catches Raditz off guard. Otherwise everybody better lube up before the match begins.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_power_levels All based on manga/anime information

As for the adding, that was more for people just to have as a sense of their powers as a group since Raditz and the Saiyans from the past (during the Z-fighters training) indicated group total powers ("Power level 650...wait no...it's two power levels, 330 and 320" said Raditz).

Also, Piccolo never thought highly of anyone :P he was sort of a jerk no matter the situation

We also know that Tien was no where near Imperfect Cell (2nd form) power level but his tri-beam kept him from moving little more than a few inches at a time for quite a while, yes this is later in the series but the gap between Raditz power and Tien's (then) vs Tien's power and Cells was far less.

I would also like to think that Yamcha would remember that grabbing the monkey tail would weaken Raditz since He and Krillin both knew that about Goku.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of those people were beaten by Tamberine..... and he was easily handled by Kid Goku,...

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DSTREET45

@docholiday said:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_power_levels All based on manga/anime information

Yeah I wouldn't trust a wiki.

This site has actual scans from various data-books. It also has other guides, and interviews from the original Japanese voice actors and Akria Toriyama himself if you want to check them out.

As for the adding, that was more for people just to have as a sense of their powers as a group since Raditz and the Saiyans from the past (during the Z-fighters training) indicated group total powers ("Power level 650...wait no...it's two power levels, 330 and 320" said Raditz).

And as I said before group power levels make no difference in a fight if each individual is vastly weaker than the opponent. Ginyu Froce vs Goku among other fights pretty much

Also, Piccolo never thought highly of anyone :P he was sort of a jerk no matter the situation

He thought highly enough about Krillin to show some of his true power back in the 23rd Tournament. Besides Goku also agreed that their best chance was to go with Piccolo.

We also know that Tien was no where near Imperfect Cell (2nd form) power level but his tri-beam kept him from moving little more than a few inches at a time for quite a while, yes this is later in the series but the gap between Raditz power and Tien's (then) vs Tien's power and Cells was far less.

IIRC that was with some new version of the Tri-Beam (it was called the Shin Kihoho or Neo Tri-Beam rather than the regular Kihoho/Tri-Beam). The one he used against Nappa (who put his guard up at the last second) didn't have much of an effect an the gap between them (even when injured) should be smaller than the gap between pre-training Tien and Raditz.

And IMO that Cell scene was possible PIS. The guy was pissing himself and even doubted his ability to help (sorry for the poor quality it's all I could find) when Piccolo's best attack didn't even do as much as slow down a weaker version of Cell but had a stronger attack capable of stalling a much stronger version of Cell the entire time?

I would also like to think that Yamcha would remember that grabbing the monkey tail would weaken Raditz since he and Krillin both knew that about Goku.

Good point. Still don't think they stand much of a chance though.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:

This site has actual scans from various data-books.

And as I said before group power levels make no difference in a fight if each individual is vastly weaker than the opponent. Ginyu Froce vs Goku among other fights pretty much

He thought highly enough about Krillin to show some of his true power back in the 23rd Tournament. Besides Goku also agreed that their best chance was to go with Piccolo.

IIRC that was with some new version of the Tri-Beam (it was called the Shin Kihoho or Neo Tri-Beam rather than the regular Kihoho/Tri-Beam). The one he used against Nappa (who put his guard up at the last second) didn't have much of an effect an the gap between them (even when injured) should be smaller than the gap between pre-training Tien and Raditz.

And IMO that Cell scene was possible PIS. The guy was pissing himself and even doubted his ability to help (sorry for the poor quality it's all I could find) when Piccolo's best attack didn't even do as much as slow down a weaker version of Cell but had a stronger attack capable of stalling a much stronger version of Cell the entire time?

I would also like to think that Yamcha would remember that grabbing the monkey tail would weaken Raditz since he and Krillin both knew that about Goku.

I wont argue any further but I will say this, if 15 people, 15 of the strongest people (other than Goku and Piccolo) on Earth can't distract one Saiyan who has an insatiable love for violence long enough to grab his tail, those people are all useless :P

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45 said:
@docholiday said:

I wont argue any further but I will say this, if 15 people, 15 of the strongest people (other than Goku and Piccolo) on Earth can't distract one Saiyan who has an insatiable love for violence long enough to grab his tail, those people are all useless :P

They really are TBH. Hell I'm pretty sure Hero could solo everyone on his team if he gets serious.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:
@dstreet45 said:
@docholiday said:

They really are TBH. Hell I'm pretty sure Hero could solo everyone on his team if he gets serious.

I don't know about that but he is really strong, although it's not like Tien and Krillin are completely useless, they just seem to hit their stride during Frieza and Cell saga and then almost immediately stop being useful :P

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about that but he is really strong, although it's not like Tien and Krillin are completely useless, they just seem to hit their stride during Frieza and Cell saga and then almost immediately stop being useful :P

I was talking about them at that point in time compared to Raditz. Tien and more so Krillin IMO are the most useful characters outside of the Saiyans and Piccolo. Hell even in the new material Toriyama is writing they, along with Roshi, Gohan, Piccolo and other characters, are at least taking care of Frieza's goons while Goku and Vegeta are away.

Although I'm pretty sure other than Yamcha, Yajirobe, and possibly Roshi the others were pretty much useless after their introduction.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch

Numbers to not matter if they are canon fodders. Raditz was injured when Gohan rammed him, so Goku and Piccolo pretty much are fighting an injured opponent whose injuries came from a 3rd party.

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Roshi solos

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There only chance is if Kami grabs his tail and Roshi does a full power kamehameha to his face. If those two things don't happen Raditz stomps.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of these guys can't hold a candle to 23rd tournament Goku. What makes you think they can handle Raditz?

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of these guys can't hold a candle to 23rd tournament Goku. What makes you think they can handle Raditz?

This.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

everyone except krillin & tien is a non factor. They both get 1 shotted.

Kami either doesn't exist, or wishes goku back with db , rather than to fight

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: @randomsid: @overlordarthas: @alextheboss: @dstreet45: @apex_pretador:

Your all right that team can't go toe to toe against radiz but I'm confident at least one can grab his tail and and that either roshi or hero can survive long enough to use the evil containment wave against raditz upon that it's just simply a mater of destroying the container in an environment that can destroy the contained such as outer space, the sun, magma chamber of a volcano, lock him in the ROSAT and destroy the door.