DBZ universe vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By matmatxm8
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By matmatxm8

All bloodlusted and ready to kill

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

With all power gems?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ximpossibrux

@matmatxm8 said:

All bloodlusted and ready to kill

.............. if Thanos has Infinity Gauntlet then yea... spite.

If he doesn't he get's curbstomped into oblivion. Kid Buu could handle him alone.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By matmatxm8

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

With all power gems?

as the image displays

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

With Infinity Gauntlet Thanos solos effortlessly. Without IG Goku and Vegeta have a fun little punching bag, while everyone else watches.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

Thanos trollstomps.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By GunGunW

Trollnos

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Hey, wouldn't DBZ universe include the eternal Dragons as well? Omnipotent vs omnipotent= stalemate. Dragons excluded: This is a massive spite in thanos's favour. Without PGs.. it's as above mentioned..

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By matmatxm8

bump

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vouile

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Hey, wouldn't DBZ universe include the eternal Dragons as well? Omnipotent vs omnipotent= stalemate. Dragons excluded: This is a massive spite in thanos's favour. Without PGs.. it's as above mentioned..

The creator of this thread said:

@matmatxm8 said:

as the image displays

So, I am guessing it would not include the Eternal Dragons...

Vouile

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matmatxm8

@Vouile said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@matmatxm8 said:

as the image displays

So, I am guessing it would not include the Eternal Dragons...

Vouile

ok eternal dragon it is then

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NeonGameWave

@matmatxm8: And you say I`m spiteful? Anyway Thanos wrecks the DBZ universe, and remakes it the way he sees fit unless the Eternal Dragons do something about it.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Vouile said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Fixed. Serious stomp here.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By minigunman123

Thanos trolls the DBZ universe with his of Trouls gem, Troller gem, Trollality gem, Trollniscience gem and Trollolol gem.

Everyone except Gohan gets baited into a blind fury, killing each other off, while Gohan simply laughs, due to him being born in an age where trolling is commonplace and well-known, and thus he is immune to it's effects.

So really, it's a battle between Thanos and Gohan, and then Gohan would continue to blast or punch Thanos, who would simply grab Gohan and snap his neck.

Thanos wins!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Oh, the Eternal Dragon...

I guess Thanos gotta have the HOTU then...

Atomic_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Atomic_Punk

Don't the dragons have limits to their power? I think the only argument for DBZ is if Goku can instant transmission Thanos to a dimension where his IG is rendered useless. otherwise Thanos kills em.. Dragons and all.

AmonSet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AmonSet

Thanos tap-dances on them. Troll spite, but since the pic u put up admits that it is actually fun. Props for using that classic Z pic.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I love that pic of Thanos.

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LostMind

The dragon balls are only able to do what their creater is capable of plus you kill the namiks bye-bye dragon balls.

Janemba probably could stand chance against Thanos since Janemba can warp the reality of the entire universe and of outer world (Heaven/Hell).

So maybe stalemate. Unless Thanos can purify the evil of Janemba which would turn him back into a teenage ogre thing just like what Gogeta did (I think.). Or, Janemba might be able to warp the IG into something alot less powerful to get the win.

But maybe im just giving Janemba to much credit or maybe im just being biased.

AmonSet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AmonSet

Oh yeah. I forgot about Janemba. He can just make a Thanos clone with the same powers or stronger I suppose (possible stalemate). That ability is pretty hax. Guldo can time stop. Ginyu can body swap (Z universe wins if successful). Instant transmission could also be a problem since it is cross dimensional. Is the Infinity Gauntlet cross dimensional or simply universal. If it isn't cross dimensional, it's feasible for the Z universe to survive.

Plus the dragon balls actually have abilities beyond the person that creates it. For example, Dende or Kami cannot bring a whole planet's population back to life. Neither of them have shown resurrection abilities, just extreme healing. Nor have they shown the ability to hop planets at will (well maybe Kami). The dragon balls are actually pretty magical/mystical in that way. Even if they have limits, they pretty much outclass their creators ability. The dragons, at the very least, are high end reality warpers that can make planets and defy death. All of that together, Z stands a chance if only a small one. But if they use conventional means, they will absolutely get stomped. But then again, they can just wish for an instantaneous successful connection with the body swap or even for possession of the IG straight out. It worked with panties, I suppose it can work for any item (especially ones that are worn).

Fair assessment?

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mypasswordis1234

Why did my post deleted? I said if Thanos own the IG then he pwn the dbz verse and this is a troll thread as the pic shown. If he not then it's a mismatch and dbz win.

@AmonSet: If Thanos not bloodlusted and the Z members know about the IG, they could just steal it with their speed... Guldo really could do that, it worked on stealing a dragon ball, and he can affect the objects when using time stop, at least in the anime, he broke a rock(ground) accidentally.

Janemba warped reality around her, adapt into a body that can fight, created a distance slicing sword from rock and mirrored an energy attack. I think Thanos has better feats with beating another reality warpers and magic users at once. I don't think even Buu's "candy-beam" would work. Maybe if Dabura would split Thanos in face, that's game over.

But in a battle I suppose they would want to kill the enemy as fast as they can. With the IG Thanos could warp them out from reality with the speed of his thought.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By czarny_samael666

IG. Without it, Thanos would lose hard, but they really would have to take him out before he would use telepathy. Considering DBZ characters speed and strength, I belive some of the best ones as a team can do it below one second.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop it.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uberhikari

Wow, I can't believe how many people are actually entertaining the notion that the DBZ universe might have a chance against Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet. Hopefully you guys are just joking around, but just in case you're not...

First, it seems like most people here don't really know what the Infinity Gauntlet is and what its powers are, so this is the Infinity Gauntlet. It effectively makes the user omnipotent and omniscient. The IG gives the user access to all minds in existence by granting them multiversal telepathy, gives the user control over all souls that have ever existed, gives the user control over all aspects of space, distance, and dimensions, gives the user multiversal control of time, gives the user multiversal control over reality and, most importantly, gives the user control over all power that has existed, that does exist, and that ever will exist. So, if you're under any impression that DBZ universe has a chance, you should really give it up. Now, let me specifically address some of the arguments here.

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

The dragons in DBZ are not omnipotent. No character in DBZ is omnipotent. First, Shenron can only grant wishes that do not exceed the power of his creator, in this case either Kami or Dende. And it goes without saying that neither Dende nor Kami are omnipotent. Likewise, Porunga falls into the same category as Shenron, so he's not omnipotent either. In any event it doesn't matter because Thanos with the IG can just remove them from existence or kill the people who created them. So, no stalemate.

@Atomic_Punk said:

Don't the dragons have limits to their power? I think the only argument for DBZ is if Goku can instant transmission Thanos to a dimension where his IG is rendered useless. otherwise Thanos kills em.. Dragons and all.

What? First, there's no dimension where the IG doesn't work. Second, the IG gives Thanos control over all dimensions and space. Third, the IG is multiversal so it doesn't matter where Goku teleported him. Fourth, Goku can't teleport Thanos anywhere if he doesn't allow it.

@LostMind said:

The dragon balls are only able to do what their creater is capable of plus you kill the namiks bye-bye dragon balls.

Janemba probably could stand chance against Thanos since Janemba can warp the reality of the entire universe and of outer world (Heaven/Hell).

So maybe stalemate. Unless Thanos can purify the evil of Janemba which would turn him back into a teenage ogre thing just like what Gogeta did (I think.). Or, Janemba might be able to warp the IG into something alot less powerful to get the win.

But maybe im just giving Janemba to much credit or maybe im just being biased.

No, Janemba has no chance against Thanos. At best Janemba is universal, the IG is multiversal. Multiversal>>>>>universal. So, there's no stalemate here. Second, the IG can't be "warped" into something else. Third, the IG grants Thanos omniscience via multiversal telepathy. Thanos would re-write reality and remove Janemba from existence before Janemba could blink.

@AmonSet said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about Janemba. He can just make a Thanos clone with the same powers or stronger I suppose (possible stalemate). That ability is pretty hax. Guldo can time stop. Ginyu can body swap (Z universe wins if successful). Instant transmission could also be a problem since it is cross dimensional. Is the Infinity Gauntlet cross dimensional or simply universal. If it isn't cross dimensional, it's feasible for the Z universe to survive.

Plus the dragon balls actually have abilities beyond the person that creates it. For example, Dende or Kami cannot bring a whole planet's population back to life. Neither of them have shown resurrection abilities, just extreme healing. Nor have they shown the ability to hop planets at will (well maybe Kami). The dragon balls are actually pretty magical/mystical in that way. Even if they have limits, they pretty much outclass their creators ability. The dragons, at the very least, are high end reality warpers that can make planets and defy death. All of that together, Z stands a chance if only a small one. But if they use conventional means, they will absolutely get stomped. But then again, they can just wish for an instantaneous successful connection with the body swap or even for possession of the IG straight out. It worked with panties, I suppose it can work for any item (especially ones that are worn).

Fair assessment?

First, Janemba is no match for Thanos with IG as already explained above. Second, Guldo may be able to time stop, but it'll have no effect on Thanos. The Time Gem gives Thanos control over all time on a multiversal scale. Ginyu's body switch won't work either because the Soul Gem gives Thanos control over all souls that have ever existed. Instant Transmission won't work either because the Space Gem gives Thanos control over all space, distance, and dimensions. The IG is multiversal. Finally, the question isn't whether Shenron and Porunga have abilities that go beyond their creators, it's whether or not their creators have the power to give the dragons that ability. You're confusing ability with power. The Namekians aren't infinitely powerful, therefore, the dragons aren't omnipotent. So, there's no stalemate here. Plus, at best the dragons are universal but Thanos with the IG is multiversal.

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Why did my post deleted? I said if Thanos own the IG then he pwn the dbz verse and this is a troll thread as the pic shown. If he not then it's a mismatch and dbz win.

@AmonSet: If Thanos not bloodlusted and the Z members know about the IG, they could just steal it with their speed... Guldo really could do that, it worked on stealing a dragon ball, and he can affect the objects when using time stop, at least in the anime, he broke a rock(ground) accidentally.

Janemba warped reality around her, adapt into a body that can fight, created a distance slicing sword from rock and mirrored an energy attack. I think Thanos has better feats with beating another reality warpers and magic users at once. I don't think even Buu's "candy-beam" would work. Maybe if Dabura would split Thanos in face, that's game over.

But in a battle I suppose they would want to kill the enemy as fast as they can. With the IG Thanos could warp them out from reality with the speed of his thought.

First, Thanos with IG is not going to be speed blitzed, lol. That's like saying Goku could speed blitz Odin. Stop it. The IG gives Thanos telepathy, omniscience, and the ability to see into the past and future. Speed blitz isn't going to work here anyway. Second, I already explained that the Time Gem gives Thanos the ability to control all time on a multiversal scale so Guldo isn't going to help here. And I'll just take the Dodoria stuff as a joke.

It's really simple guys, if Thanos has the IG then the DBZ universe--including manga, anime, and movies--gets stomped horribly.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By matmatxm8

INFINITY BUMP!!!

No Caption Provided
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@uberhikari: I didn't even mention Dodoria, what are you talking about? And telepathy, omniscience? It give, but just when he use it. How didn't he know why Death didn't give a f..k about he doing things? He didn't want to force her with his powers, but he should have know if the IG gives him omniscience all time. Also how do you know it's multiversal? He didn't fight against the Living Tribunal. I just asking.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By renamed040924

This is true spite.

TerrellV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TerrellV13

Stalemate.

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LostMind

@uberhikari: We're just keeping an open mind plus, forgot IG Multiversle.

P.S. no need to be rude.

Warlock12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Warlock12

@mypasswordis1234: i think he meant dabura also he knew that death didnt love him thats why he was willing to prove himself by building monuments and even acted without thinking when he fell for mephisto's lie and also by multiversal i think he meant when Warlock's dark side (i cant remember his name) used the IG to merge multiple universes

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By SMXLR8
No Caption Provided

Troll wins

mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@Warlock12 said:

@mypasswordis1234: i think he meant dabura also he knew that death didnt love him thats why he was willing to prove himself by building monuments and even acted without thinking when he fell for mephisto's lie and also by multiversal i think he meant when Warlock's dark side (i cant remember his name) used the IG to merge multiple universes

He wanted to impress her to win her love and didn't know how to do it. He once became so frustrated he acted like he gave up and created a women himself. Mephisto had to explain Thanos his idea, so that means Thanos didn't know what Mephisto's idea. He could scan his mind, but with will, without it he didn't know, therefore Thanos wasn't omniscience, only potentially.

If I remember correctly, Warlock was who eventually owned the gauntlet. And he was who appeared in the end of the HOTU story, right? Then it really multiverse strong.

When Dabura split onto somebody he start to become rock. Not his gauntlet. It would reach his brain, and Thanos can't control the gauntlet without brain. I don't know how quick this effect though. I don't get where is the funny part. I already said that I don't think these attacks would faster than his bloodlusted thought.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCowman

They'd do about as well as the Marvel Universe did.

i.e. not very well at all.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShootingNova

@uberhikari: A well crafted and executed argument, but there's a flaw:

It effectively makes the user omnipotent and omniscient.

Not true. This is a hyperbole term, granted how the Living Tribunal was able to overpower it.

Of course, the Living Tribunal himself has been called "omnipotent", as well:

No Caption Provided

But that clearly is hyperbole too, because HotU Thanos has overpowered the Living Tribunal:

No Caption Provided

Even Odin has been called omnipotent:

No Caption Provided

And even with allies (why would he have the need of allies if he was truly omnipotent) he was powerless to stop Arishem the Judge:

No Caption Provided

And right after that, all three bow down immediately......

No Caption Provided

Pre-retcon Beyonder has been known to be omnipotent as well:

No Caption Provided

But it is debatable. Honestly, if he was actually omnipotent, he would be omniscient too, and he was fooled by Dr. Doom, who stole his powers. Additionally, omnipotence cannot be "stolen", or "returned". It cannot truly be affected by any other power.

So...... that's just to tell you that a lot of the so-called omnipotents in Marvel are just...... not. It's a hyperbole term just being thrown here and there.

I know like.... nothing about DBZ, so I can't really comment on the rest of your post. If it is entirely correct though (minus the omnipotence part), it would be a commendable post.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By uberhikari

@ShootingNova said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@uberhikari: A well crafted and executed argument, but there's a flaw:

It effectively makes the user omnipotent and omniscient.

Not true. This is a hyperbole term, granted how the Living Tribunal was able to overpower it.

Of course, the Living Tribunal himself has been called "omnipotent", as well:

But that clearly is hyperbole too, because HotU Thanos has overpowered the Living Tribunal:

Even Odin has been called omnipotent:

And even with allies (why would he have the need of allies if he was truly omnipotent) he was powerless to stop Arishem the Judge:

And right after that, all three bow down immediately......

Pre-retcon Beyonder has been known to be omnipotent as well:

But it is debatable. Honestly, if he was actually omnipotent, he would be omniscient too, and he was fooled by Dr. Doom, who stole his powers. Additionally, omnipotence cannot be "stolen", or "returned". It cannot truly be affected by any other power.

So...... that's just to tell you that a lot of the so-called omnipotents in Marvel are just...... not. It's a hyperbole term just being thrown here and there.

I know like.... nothing about DBZ, so I can't really comment on the rest of your post. If it is entirely correct though (minus the omnipotence part), it would be a commendable post.

Yes, you're absolutely right. The only truly omnipotent being in Marvel is TOAA.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

@uberhikari: No, those were just minor points to support what I was trying to say: IG Thanos is NOT omnipotent. As I have said, I don't know a lot about DBZ, so I cannot comment on anything to do with that. And I said your post was commendable. That was about all I said.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Killemall

@ShootingNova: I would say Infinity Gems are as omnipotent as it gets as far as comics are concerned, barring the supreme beings. Living Tribunal vs Infinity Gauntlet is an interesting topic, and contrary to what people believe, Living Tribunal has not been shown to be immune to the Infinity Gauntlet, the only time LT faced a guy with IG was Adam Warlock and he never fought , although he seem to assess he believe he can win, how much we take into that is up to us, and he stopped Warlock because he said the reality would be destroyed if they fought and together with Warlock consent ruled against IG, invoking the power of the one he serves (assuming that is The One Above All). Then a recent Fantastic Four: War OF 4 Cities story arc revealed, despite Living Tribunal's invocation, the gauntlet still works.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FLCL1

can the mods just ban every idiot that thinks the dbz universe has a chance here?

the marvel universe didnt stand a chance...

Atomic_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Atomic_Punk

@uberhikari: No. Infinity Gauntlets only work in their home Universe. This is first seen when Darkseid couldn't get one to function in the DC universe. And again more recently in Hickman's FF run, where Reeds from non-616 Marvel universes had non-functioning IGs in the 616verse. Sooooo if Goku is able to port him into any other universe other than the IG's native universe than it's a straight up brawl with Thanos eventually losing out to the DBZ fighters. That being said it'd be virtually impossible to get an opportunity to do so if the fight begins in Thanos' 616 universe.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uberhikari

@Atomic_Punk said:

@uberhikari: No. Infinity Gauntlets only work in their home Universe. This is first seen when Darkseid couldn't get one to function in the DC universe. And again more recently in Hickman's FF run, where Reeds from non-616 Marvel universes had non-functioning IGs in the 616verse. Sooooo if Goku is able to port him into any other universe other than the IG's native universe than it's a straight up brawl with Thanos eventually losing out to the DBZ fighters. That being said it'd be virtually impossible to get an opportunity to do so if the fight begins in Thanos' 616 universe.

No...just no. Are you seriously claiming that if Thanos was teleported to the DBZ universe with the IG it wouldn't work? That's as bad as the argument Bleach wankers used to make that characters like Luffy and Naruto couldn't see shinigami because normal humans can't see them. The whole point of a vs. match is that characters have access to all abilities and/or equipment that they would normally have in their respective universe and that they can fight on equal ground.

Atomic_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Atomic_Punk

@uberhikari: Yeah dude, IGs only work in their own universe. One exists, or the Infinity Gems rather, in each Universe in the Marvel Omniverse. Once it is removed from it's native universe it loses all power. So unless they're fighting in Thanos' home verse (616) his Gauntlet is useless. Though you could still give him his Cosmic Cube, that would still work and should be enough power to handle most the Z fighters.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uberhikari

@Atomic_Punk said:

@uberhikari: Yeah dude, IGs only work in their own universe. One exists, or the Infinity Gems rather, in each Universe in the Marvel Omniverse. Once it is removed from it's native universe it loses all power. So unless they're fighting in Thanos' home verse (616) his Gauntlet is useless. Though you could still give him his Cosmic Cube, that would still work and should be enough power to handle most the Z fighters.

You obviously don't understand the concept of a vs. match. Part of having a vs. match is stipulating that a person's powers and/or equipment works in other universes for the purposes of postulating a fight and determining who would win. That's the whole point. Do you think chakura works in the DC omniverse? Do you think Reiatsu works in the Marvel omniverse? Stop being thick headed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FLCL1 said:

can the mods just ban every idiot that thinks the dbz universe has a chance here?

You know better...