DBZ RULE UPDATE (ALL USERS READ)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#153  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@divell said:

HEY!! why they close my battle thread? Son Goku vs Kenpachi Zaraki - Battles - Comic Vine without reason of any cause.

Because you, as the TC (topic creator), were the only person trying to prove that it wasn't a mismatch. Everybody else agreed that it was; I did not see the point in allowing the thread to continue on.

Just because the thread is allowed to be made does not mean that it can't be locked for being a mismatch.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

There aren't too many fighters from anime and manga that would beat DBZ characters.

I think Dragon Ball counterparts make for better fights. DBZ is just hard due to powerscaling and what not. IMO DBZ is stomps someone or will get stomped. Hard to think of good matches for them.

it actually depend of how u see the anime most fans don't see that Goku has clear limits in comparison with most anime character and most comics characters

Son Goku vs Kenpachi Zaraki - Battles - Comic Vine

I putt physical power only with those too and they still think Goku wins wins without problem.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@divell said:

HEY!! why they close my battle thread? Son Goku vs Kenpachi Zaraki - Battles - Comic Vine without reason of any cause.

Because you, as the TC (topic creator), were the only person trying to prove that it wasn't a mismatch. Everybody else agreed that it was; I did not see the point in allowing the thread to continue on.

Just because the thread is allowed to be made does not mean that it can't be locked for being a mismatch.

really? missmatch in strength only?

Kenpachi destroy a meteor with only a blow from his axe, the meteor was way bigger than Kai's planet

3097627-7260401423-ssj3g.png (800×452) (that was SS3 Goku)

bleach-4907051.jpg (1008×740

Ii972Ll.png (911×1300)

577Nozarashi.png (1440×1200)

So IDK you but I think this is pretty close.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 JediXMan  Moderator

@divell:

'Kay. I'm not having a debate here. As I said: you were the only person who thought it wasn't a mismatch. That's a bad sign when the TC is the only person who thinks it is fair.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 JediXMan  Moderator

Have you guys considered having a contest of pure hand-to-hand combat, possibly using Dragonball rather than DBZ characters? Might make things interesting.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I'm actually tempted. Most people here still think DB and DBZ characters don't have h2h skill.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By StrictlyAnime

@darthaznable: I'm pretty sure 90% of Dragon Ball is Pure Hand to Hand combat. It's been awhile since I watched.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@darthaznable: Who?....Who thinks that?

It was awhile ago. I don't remember who but they said DBZ cahracters didn't. Of course they used Batman as an example of someone with "real" h2h skill.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@darthaznable: Who?....Who thinks that?

It was awhile ago. I don't remember who but they said DBZ characters didn't. Of course they used Batman as an example of someone with "real" h2h skill.

@strictlyanime Yep. Take away Ki and these characters are clearly helpless >_>

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trunks had enough strength to cut Freeza in half, and Freeza had planetary+ resistance, so...

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast said:

@micah: Wazzat?

http://cobyscomics.blogspot.com/2015/03/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-chapter-2.html

Spoilers Ahead.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Thank you XD for the link and putting up with the way I asked haha.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By micah007123

@loumast said:

@micah: Thank you XD for the link and putting up with the way I asked haha.

Oh no worries friend. Anytime.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I'm actually tempted. Most people here still think DB and DBZ characters don't have h2h skill.

Go for it. Make some scenario battles, or team matches.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Huh, hadn't seen the second chapter. Confirmed casual Star buster, lol.

No Caption Provided

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: Micah posted a link, look above.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan said:.

People need to expand their anime knowledge beyond Naruto and Bleach.

I agree with this so much. The problem we are having isn't that there are only four/five series that are good matchups with any dbz character whatsoever, its that people will only comment on those same four/five series.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Is Avatar or LOK allowed to battle Dragon Ball charecters?

@ssjbatdan said:.

People need to expand their anime knowledge beyond Naruto and Bleach.

I agree with this so much. The problem we are having isn't that there are only four/five series that are good matchups with any dbz character whatsoever, its that people will only comment on those same four/five series.

Someone needs to make a list of the top 5-10 that much up the best with DB and DBZ.

The ones I think of are"

Yu Yu Hakusho

One Punch Man

Naruto

HSD Kenichi ( VS. Only DB charecters)

Saint Seiya

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Hi i want to thank the mods for this test hopefully we can expierment with the rule change past anime if the test continues to be well done. Once again thanks.

PacPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

Does Avatar or Legend of Korra count as anime?

No, but they wouldn't be allowed anyway.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: lemme just give you the short version

Beerus is stated by toriyama to be capable of destroying the kaioshin realm

The kaioshin realm was stated in the daizenshuu to be a 1/10 of the universe

The official scale of the dragon verse has a bottom and a top half

The bottom half is the db mortal universe

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pacpanda said:

@albusan said:

Don't anwer a question intended for a mod, even if that mod choses who he wants to reply back too. And if it was considered anime it would be allowed. Thank you, bye.

PacPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

@pacpanda said:

@albusan said:

Don't anwer a question intended for a mod, even if that mod choses who he wants to reply back too. And if it was considered anime it would be allowed. Thank you, bye.

ATLA or ATLK isn't an anime. They would get stomped by, well, anything DBZ. Mismatches aren't allowed, so for your rudeness, kys.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@pacpanda said:

@albusan said:

@pacpanda said:

@albusan said:

ATLA or ATLK isn't an anime. They would get stomped by, well, anything DBZ. Mismatches aren't allowed, so for your rudeness, kys.

In the future, don't answer for a mod.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Huh, hadn't seen the second chapter. Confirmed casual Star buster, lol.

No Caption Provided

The Japanese says "hoshi" or "星" which phonetically can mean "star" or "planet". Which is often why other DBZ characters are erroneously said to be star busters when they really mean planet busters.

Which is meant is usually obvious with context. In this case, it's actual stars.

More importantly... Whether or not Whis is physically/energy projection capable of destroying stars is not clear. It's much more likely he's speaking of his general ability to matter manipulate or warp things away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: That was referring to Bills waking up grumpily and destroying the stars, not Whis destroying it.

LordWhis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just putting a random comment so this stays at the top of the battle forums and everybody can read it

kotetsu454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By kotetsu454

So what's the deal with this? One week deadline was posted over two weeks ago? Was it ever extended? Can we still do DBZ vs other Anime threads?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 JediXMan  Moderator

So what's the deal with this? One week deadline was posted over two weeks ago? Was it ever extended? Can we still do DBZ vs other Anime threads?

Yes. This "test" is continuing until we say otherwise.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 JediXMan  Moderator
@lordwhis said:

Just putting a random comment so this stays at the top of the battle forums and everybody can read it

Please don't. There's no point in bumping a thread which is already pinned to the top of the board.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trunks had enough strength to cut Freeza in half, and Freeza had planetary+ resistance, so...

do they have to be "trying" to be invulnerable.. like turning it on and off? If you walked up and shot goku in the face without him expecting it would it kill him? Same way needles penetrated his skin? rocks? and lava?

I actually don't know. I don't know how their "durability" works. It goes up and down.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@i_am_lightning said:

do they have to be "trying" to be invulnerable.. like turning it on and off? If you walked up and shot goku in the face without him expecting it would it kill him? Same way needles penetrated his skin? rocks? and lava?

I actually don't know. I don't know how their "durability" works. It goes up and down.

It's all about ki control. It's not a turn on/off thing, it's just how much they're using it and how it's distributed.

And Frieza was totally combat ready at the moment.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Dratini1331

@w0nd said:

@i_am_lightning said:

Yes and No. If you want the simple answer, the other guy provided it, so this one is gonna be a bit more in depth:

Ki in the Dragon Ball series is the energy that gives all things life force. This energy is in all things, but some have more than others and it can be accumulated through training. This is what Power Levels read. In DB this concept was only lightly touched on, but Ki can also be used to reinforce your physical body to prevent damage or deal additional damage. This is why dragon ball characters can withstand and project powerful attacks: they focus their Ki. Effectively, this is like Forcing water through a hose. The more concentrated the amount of Ki is into an attack, the greater it's force. However, the key thing here is that Ki can form a shield around the user.

in DB, there's 2 types of durability: Ki you control and Natural Durability. For the first one, most characters in DB can raise and lower the amount of Ki they're drawing from. Think of their Ki reserve as a reservoir of Water, and they're physical bodies as a sort of dam. They can release more of the Ki, slowly draining their reserves over time. However, they can also divert Water to specific areas, which is how they block most attacks, eg:

Loading Video...

As you see, Goku holds up his finger, and it gets it's own little power field. That's the shield that protects his finger. That shield essentially grants an increase in durability to an area. This increase is directly related to how much Ki you have in the area, and it can, in theory, be changed at will.

The second type of shielding is the type Frieza has, which is your basic durability Stat. Different races in DBZ have different properties. For example, Frieza doesn't require oxygen, and a baseline saiyan can feel the impact of a bullet (though they are bulletproof). Each race has it's own unique features and other such parts. However, this durability stat is not what's usually important in fights, and is seldom touched on. In DB fights, all of their damage and defense is dependent on the relative strength of their Ki. If one's Ki is substantially greater than an opponent's then you can harm that opponent. If not, the opponent will receive little to no damage.

When trunks beats Frieza, he does so because his Ki is vastly superior, negating Frieza's Ki and slicing Frieza in half. When Vegeta attacks Perfect Cell, he does no damage because Cell is vastly stronger. The durability in DB is based on these stats, which is why it fluctuates wildly with the situation. Because characters can control how much energy they're expending and when, they can be caught off guard and are subject to OHKOs, such as Vegeta's KO of Goku during the Buu Saga. This also implies that physical durability and Ki durability are 2 separate things. We also see that Ki can only change so much, as his Super Saiyan form does not protect Goku from lava or lack of Oxygen despite making him vastly stronger.

Hope that helps at least somewhat.

PacPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@pacpanda said:

@albusan said:

@pacpanda said:

@albusan said:

In the future, don't answer for a mod.

Ok Mister Mod.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: actually, since his transformation into SSJG Goku is able to breath in space even in his base form.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: actually, since his transformation into SSJG Goku is able to breath in space even in his base form.

On topic: The SSjG transformation is way more than just a normal Ki buff though, since he's literally becoming a god. They even talk about Birus' Ki not being able to be sensed and what not. A normal Ki buff doesn't change you according

About the upgrade: I've seen the movie with him and Birus talking in the stratosphere and all, but does he straight up no longer require air? Or was that a 1 off thing. I haven't kept up with the Resurrection of F manga (Manhwa? I keep seeing it in Korean, dafuq?), but it's weird that he suddenly made the change. Does he like, start moving in space on his own now?

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: there was a small fight scene in space at the end of the movie.

Pretty sure it's permanent.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is this rule permanent now?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 JediXMan  Moderator

Is this rule permanent now?

It is a rule which has not been set in stone, and can easily still be revoked. Just because we're beyond the week does not mean we are beyond the trial period.

That said, things are looking positive. But nobody should take that for granted.