DBZ Broly vs

Clerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Clerik

Who is DBZ Broly's equal? I never remember him fighting an individual for more than a few minutes and always died from some lame plot device. But who could match him 1v1? Which level of ssj? Could kid buu? Discuss!

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jorgevy

I see H'El has DC's Broly.

but he would be outmatched against H'El

Clerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Clerik

Sorry I should have specified, what character from the DBZ universe fight Broly 1v1

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NeonGameWave

Kid Buu or Janemba probably.

Clerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Clerik

I forgot about Janemba! That guy definitely should have been given more screen time

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer

Bardock, cause he conquers planets and doesn't afraid of anything...that and he gets stuff done! Plus he is an actual canon character! 

But seriously? Hm....Gotenks SSJ 3, Goku SSJ 3, Gohan Mystic, Gogeta, Vegito.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

@Clerik: Ultimate Gohan would instantly blow him to nothing

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mypasswordis1234

Buu saga SSJ2 Goku/Vegeta. Or between SSJ2 and SSJ3.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Matezoide2

Super Perfect Cell.

There, i said it.

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Buu saga SSJ2 Goku/Vegeta.

Or at least this. He isnt anywhere near a SSJ3.

Clerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clerik

Didn't he fight ultimate Gohan or was that supposed to be before the Buu saga?

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hksaru

Broly's base power is below a SSJ3 but he constantly generates massive amounts of energy, whereas SSJ3 constantly drains.

Super Perfect Cell is indeed probably the best bet for Broly's equal, though his screentime was pretty much just an hour-long Kamehameha

mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@Clerik said:

No. That was an ssj2 Gohan. (actually in the movie ssj1 Gohan, but the editors told that in an interview or what, they forgot to animate the lightings around them)

Raizex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raizex

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@Clerik said:

No. That was an ssj2 Gohan. (actually in the movie ssj1 Gohan, but the editors told that in an interview or what, they forgot to animate the lightings around them)

Yeah, he just basically took a dump on SSj2 Gohan without taking much damage.

Maybe Super Buu would be a good match-up.

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku/Vegeta Ssj2 (as mypassword said) and everyone beyond that:

Goku Ssj3,all the Boos,Gotenks Ssj,Ssj2,Ssj3,Gohan "sns",Vegetto,Gogeta,Janemba (both forms),Hildegarn,Hatchiyack (he was stronger than Broly,but only in the first movie),Bojack (again,first movie),SP Cell,Dabura (he was at least stronger than P Cell and arguably stronger than SP Cell) and i don't know if i missing someone.

I'm not counting DBGT

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Parallax_Hal_Jordan said:

Goku Ssj3,all the Boos,Gotenks Ssj,Ssj2,Ssj3,Gohan "sns",Vegetto,Gogeta,Janemba (both forms),Hildegarn,Hatchiyack (he was stronger than Broly,but only in the first movie),Bojack (again,first movie),SP Cell,Dabura (he was at least stronger than P Cell and arguably stronger than SP Cell) and i don't know if i missing someone.

I'm not counting DBGT

What is this GT of which you speak? Is it some kinda comedy show?
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer said:

I'm not counting DBGT

What is this GT of which you speak? Is it some kinda comedy show?

LOL,it wasn't even that xDDD

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broly Is Barely SSj2 level. So anyone above that

mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@Raizex said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@Clerik said:

Yeah, he just basically took a dump on SSj2 Gohan without taking much damage.

Maybe Super Buu would be a good match-up.

SSJ2 Goku/Vegeta stronger than SSJ2 Gohan. SSJ3 stomp SSJ2. Super Buu beat SSJ3. So that would be an overkill against Broly.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By terry2012

@Wolfrazer: This. And Pikkon.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d

I would disagree on the claim that anyone at ssj2 beats Broly because it took the combined efforts of Trunks, Gohan, Gokue, Vegetables and Piccolo all concentrated into one attack.

When Broly returns it takes a combined attack of Goku, Gohan and Goten in addition to trunks distracting Broly to send him ftl at the sun.

I think Mystic Gohan, Buu and possibly SSJ3 Goku but Goku gets tired too quickly and could possibly run out of energy before he could finish Broly.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By D3athstroke

Funny thing is that Original super sayan was Gokus father who time traveled to past and Broly is his reincarnation. lol

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slimj87d

@D3athstroke: reincarnation?

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hksaru

@D3athstroke said:

Funny thing is that Original super sayan was Gokus father who time traveled to past and Broly is his reincarnation. lol

SAUCE?

no really, that's interesting, source?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D: The Gap between Ssj1 and ssj2 is a tremendous one , and I would go far as to say it exceed the power Trunks, Gohan, Goku, Vegeta in there SSJ1 forms

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By D3athstroke
@Hksaru said:

@D3athstroke said:

SAUCE?

Well it was stated in movie that Brolly is reincarnation of first Super Sayan

http://www.mangareader.net/dragon-ball-episode-of-bardock/1

End here is episode of Bardock. He time traveled to past and he is that First Super Sayan legend talks about.
nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nishi99

Broly should win most fights in DBZ V-Jump officially stated back in 2004 that his power level was 1,400,000,000 at the time of the first movie only second to Gogeta with 2,500,000,000. So Gogeta would beat him 1 v 1 and Buuhan could also likely beat Broly. However they never officially stated his power level and Broly got a power boost in second coming so who knows how powerful he was when he died.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:

I would disagree on the claim that anyone at ssj2 beats Broly because it took the combined efforts of Trunks, Gohan, Gokue, Vegetables and Piccolo all concentrated into one attack.

All of them almost dead and the saiyans were in base form...(even if they somehow could send their energy of his Ssj form even in base form,still they're almost dead),so it wasn't a huge powerup for Goku...(who,btw,was injured as well)

When Broly returns it takes a combined attack of Goku, Gohan and Goten in addition to trunks distracting Broly to send him ftl at the sun.

Goku was in Ssj (not 2),Gohan was injured and not only that,his Ssj2 is weaker compared to his younger version of the Cell games,and Goten was,again,Ssj and injured...

I think Mystic Gohan, Buu and possibly SSJ3 Goku but Goku gets tired too quickly and could possibly run out of energy before he could finish Broly.

It doesn't matter if his Ssj3 energy run out quickly,he don't need more than 1 hit to kill him,the power gap is huge

Broly (in the 2nd movie) was able to stomp Gohan,but he was able to "outrun" Broly and brake Broly's hold...so there isn't a huge difference between them. Goku and Vegeta in their Ssj2 form (Boo saga) were stronger than Gohan Ssj2 in the Cell games,who was stronger than Gohan Ssj2 (Boo saga)...And Ssj3 Goku is stronger (obviously) than Vegeta/Goku Ssj2. Like i said,he only need 1 hit to stomp Broly

Gohan and Gotenks Ssj3 are leagues beyond Ssj3 Goku,they can oneshot him with utmost ease

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer
@D3athstroke said:

@Hksaru said:

@D3athstroke said:

SAUCE?

Well it was stated in movie that Brolly is reincarnation of first Super Sayanhttp://www.mangareader.net/dragon-ball-episode-of-bardock/1End here is episode of Bardock. He time traveled to past and he is that First Super Sayan legend talks about.
Thats because Broly isn't canon to the series, so his whole LSSJ transformation doesn't make any sense when really its just Super Saiyan. But no Bardock wasn't the Original SSJ, he couldn't have been...the Original SSJ was only able to maintain his transformed state in the ape form, Bardock doesn't do this as he is able to maintain it throughout his fight with Chilled. Not to mention he is on Planet Plant, which is the old name of Planet Vegeta the only difference is, the saiyans haven't arrived yet, plus the saiyans have their version of their own SSJ while Frieza and his family has their's which is Bardock...so they couldn't have been the same saiyan if the two have different stories.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones said:

@SlimJ87D: The Gap between Ssj1 and ssj2 is a tremendous one , and I would go far as to say it exceed the power Trunks, Gohan, Goku, Vegeta in there SSJ1 forms

How much of a gap is there? I see conflicting sources of it only doubling their power.

@SlimJ87D said:

All of them almost dead and the saiyans were in base form...(even if they somehow could send their energy of his Ssj form even in base form,still they're almost dead),so it wasn't a huge powerup for Goku...(who,btw,was injured as well)

Goku was in Ssj (not 2),Gohan was injured and not only that,his Ssj2 is weaker compared to his younger version of the Cell games,and Goten was,again,Ssj and injured...

It doesn't matter if his Ssj3 energy run out quickly,he don't need more than 1 hit to kill him,the power gap is huge

Broly (in the 2nd movie) was able to stomp Gohan,but he was able to "outrun" Broly and brake Broly's hold...so there isn't a huge difference between them. Goku and Vegeta in their Ssj2 form (Boo saga) were stronger than Gohan Ssj2 in the Cell games,who was stronger than Gohan Ssj2 (Boo saga)...And Ssj3 Goku is stronger (obviously) than Vegeta/Goku Ssj2. Like i said,he only need 1 hit to stomp Broly

Gohan and Gotenks Ssj3 are leagues beyond Ssj3 Goku,they can oneshot him with utmost ease

You bring up good points, but I never understood the transferring of energy in DBZ since they never did it canon wise. One could argue that SSJ amplifies base power from base ki. Ki =/= power. We know the SSJ forms amplify the users power, but consumes Ki. So even if they were in SSJ form, whatever they could transfer to another life form would be Ki, not necessarily power as it is up to Goku's mastery over his SSJ form to use that Ki to turn it into power. More Ki, more tiers of power. They had to fight Broly after they did the hyperbolic time training too as Gohan is a SSJ.

What is the comparison between SSJ1 and SSJ2? Like I said above, sources are all conflicting. Most say it's only 2 times stronger than SSJ1.

Daizenshuu and Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide explain it as so.

How much weaker do you think Gohan got compared to the cell games?

So Goku SSJ1 + Gohan SSJ1 + Goten SSJ1 maybe on par with SSJ2 Goku's blast. Yet they were about equal footing against Broly's blast struggle, I can't remember but did Trunks do anything during that blast struggle? I'm at work so I can't rewatch the fight. You bring up a good point about Gohan and Goten being hurt though, but it's not like Broly did't use up Ki against his fight with them all and against a SSJ2 Gohan.

I'll retract from what I said. Most likely Goku and Vegeta in SSJ2 could defeat Broly because they would be close to equal in power and a lot faster than him, but not SSJ2 Gohan during the Cell games and especially during the Buu saga. It would still be very difficult though as it doesn't' seem like Broly gets tired.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dredeuced

Gohan was moderately weaker from the Cell Games to the Buu Saga. They outright stated that meditated Dabura was about as strong as Perfect Cell, and SSJ2 Gohan was significantly stronger, and only struggled with Cell in the final confrontation because of a significant injury he had preventing Cell from killing Vegeta. I wouldn't say significantly weaker, but Cell Games Gohan should've stomped Dabura instead of stalemating to being slightly better than.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Dredeuced:  Damn Chi Chi, protecting the world is more important then studies! But then again Gohan did become Mystic, and became the strongest non-fused Z fighter...so I guess its ok.
Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any Saiyan between SSJ2 and SSJ3.

Kid Buu is too much for him.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:

You bring up good points, but I never understood the transferring of energy in DBZ since they never did it canon wise. One could argue that SSJ amplifies base power from base ki. Ki =/= power. We know the SSJ forms amplify the users power, but consumes Ki. So even if they were in SSJ form, whatever they could transfer to another life form would be Ki, not necessarily power as it is up to Goku's mastery over his SSJ form to use that Ki to turn it into power. More Ki, more tiers of power. They had to fight Broly after they did the hyperbolic time training too as Gohan is a SSJ.

This is something dificult to argue about,we can guess how strong Goku become after they send their energy...however,it couldn't be too much,Goku already had the energy of Piccolo,Trunks and Gohan (theorically,if Toei had it right,he was the strongest among them) and he still was being smacked around by Broly,only when Vegeta send his ki (energy,power,whatever...) he could handle Broly.If Goku somehow amplify their ki into more tier of power,wouldn't be enough with Gohan alone?or maybe Gohan and Trunks?Broly was owning Goku,but he was unable to KO him,so the gap between them wasn't huge enough to be a stomp

What is the comparison between SSJ1 and SSJ2? Like I said above, sources are all conflicting. Most say it's only 2 times stronger than SSJ1.

Daizenshuu and Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide explain it as so.

No Caption Provided

Read what Gohan said in the 3rd panel, "my power is less half of normal",if Ssj2=Ssj1 x 2...he would be weaker than his Ssj1 form. If P Cell stomp Gohan Ssj,what he can hope to do against SP Cell?It make no sense that Ssj2 = Ssj1 x 2 (i'm sorry for the quality of the scans,if you know where i can get betters scans,please tell me,english isn't my first lenguage)

I can't remember but did Trunks do anything during that blast struggle?

Just throw a single random energy ball,but it was enough to interrupt Broly's energy "conection" with his energy sphere and then Goku and Goku's sons took advantage of that to kill him

You bring up a good point about Gohan and Goten being hurt though, but it's not like Broly did't use up Ki against his fight with them all and against a SSJ2 Gohan.

Of course he did,but as much ki as the kids?That's my point, i never said that Broly was as good as new

I'll retract from what I said. Most likely Goku and Vegeta in SSJ2 could defeat Broly because they would be close to equal in power and a lot faster than him, but not SSJ2 Gohan during the Cell games and especially during the Buu saga.

Broly was able to stomp all of them and in some point 2 at the same time,but he was unable to kill any single one of them.He told to Vegeta that he will kill him,then stomp him in a huge rock (KO him in the process) but it didn't kill him...

His power?IMO:

First movie=P Cell

Second movie= SP Cell

Goku/Majin Vegeta>Gohan Ssj2 cell games (Who kill,at -50%,SP Cell) >Gohan Ssj2 (Boo saga)

And Gohan Ssj2 Boo saga was able to do some things against Broly...

Goku/Majin Vegeta are stronger and faster than Broly,Gohan Ssj2 Cell games is maybe not as strong as Broly,but he is faster...

@Dredeuced said:

They outright stated that meditated Dabura was about as strong as Perfect Cell, and SSJ2 Gohan was significantly stronger, and only struggled with Cell in the final confrontation because of a significant injury he had preventing Cell from killing Vegeta. I wouldn't say significantly weaker, but Cell Games Gohan should've stomped Dabura instead of stalemating to being slightly better than.

"Meditated Dabura" is anime filler,it didn't happen in the manga.

In regards of "as strong as Perfect Cell":

First,Goku stated Dabura was about the same power level of Cell (it's not clear wich one he was talking about,but he did know the power of SP Cell)

Then he said he was "a lot stronger than he thought"

Dabura could be as strong as SP Cell (if first he meant to say P Cell) or stronger than SP Cell (if he meant SP Cell),but he is at least arguably as strong as SP Cell

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yajirobi would murder Broly if they ever fought.

Next!

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slimj87d

@Parallax_Hal_Jordan: But how much weaker did Gohan get from the Cell to Buu saga do you want to argue? He couldn't have lost %50 of his power, not even %75 IMO. And Broly stomped SSJ2 Gohan. So I would rate Broly second coming above Super Perfect Cell.

Goku added his Ki to the blast and Goku fought and trained during hte whole time Gohan went from Pre-teen to Pre-adult. Adding a hurt Gohan and Goten's power to his would most likely make the blast equal or more than SP Cell's blast.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:

@Parallax_Hal_Jordan: But how much weaker did Gohan get from the Cell to Buu saga do you want to argue? He couldn't have lost %50 of his power, not even %75 IMO. And Broly stomped SSJ2 Gohan. So I would rate Broly second coming above Super Perfect Cell.

He did lost enough power to struggle against someone at least as strong as SP Cell (someone who Ssj2 Gohan from the Cell saga kill with less than 50% of his power)

Maybe you are right,Broly could be stronger than SP Cell,but he is not even close to Ssj2 Gohan (Cell saga)

Goku added his Ki to the blast and Goku fought and trained during hte whole time Gohan went from Pre-teen to Pre-adult. Adding a hurt Gohan and Goten's power to his would most likely make the blast equal or more than SP Cell's blast.

Maybe,can't be sure :(

gunjan_sharma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a shame people always think emotionally not with the facts........
Though i m a fan of Goku but i have to say broly is the strongest...
1st Movie.....
As we know when gohan became ssj all were nearly ssj2 not perfect ssj2 as gohan was 1st to become in cell games. So at that time all were imperfect ssj2 + piccolo was stronger than ssj but weaker than ssj2 as he was equal to android 17 after fusing with kame.
But as we all see in the movie broly manhandled all 5 of the z fighters(goku gohan piccolo trunks vegeta) and even gokus full power kamehameha was like nothing to him and in the whole fight he didnt had a scratch.
Then y he died or injured. Bcz he was caught by surprise by goku gaining power of other z fighters and putting all of the power in one punch and at that time broly was off guard.

2nd movie >

Let me make 1 thing cleared when the movie starts we can see broly had a hole in his stomach, hungry for past 10 years, totally weak moving in the space ship which crashes to earth surface and powerless to fight anyone. Then all lake water on him freezes adn his wound is clotted and he is burried under the frozen lake . So how do u all except him to fight. But still he fights with his trashed body.

SO BROLY WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HIS HALF POWER THAT U HAVE TO ACCEPT IF NOT GO KILL URSELF.

Lets talk about Gohan he was stronger than ssj but some less than ssj2 perfect as he had lost his touch with the fighting skills.
Secong thing as we can see gotenks was flying so this event happened 1 month before world marshal arts tournament.
Now watch closely.... As we saw in Buu's saga Goku already had the ability of transforming ssj3 as he confessed to vegeta of letting him fool that vegeta was equal to goku when they meet at supreme kai's planet that means Goku had the ability and power to transform to ssj3 when broly came second time. 3rd If we see in the DBZ manga comics in Broly's second coming when broly power ups to his legendary form then goku with king kai feels the power of Broly... BUT in Buu's saga as we see when goku transform to ssj3 then only gohan sensed his father's power on kai's planet. So broly's power was near to ssj3 or even more we dont know.
Now when gohan gotenks and goku(with ability of transforming to ssj3 and way stronger than perfect ssj2) still they all were going to die with their perfect kamehameha wave.

But then little trunks from no where wakes up by the tiking alarm and distracts broly's concentration and broly dies with the blast into the sun.

Now

So

1. Broly was injured

2. He had barely energy left to fight

3.He didnt had a fight or body movement siiting in the ship for so many years made his body slow.

Even after so many hurdles he managed to increase his power to such a gr8 extent.

Dont forget u guyz hez a saiyan tooo. So according to encyclopedia of saiyans :P when a saiyan is beaten to its death his power increases immensely but in case broly's power increases drastically and un imaginabely. So guyz He z named legend for some reason.

Goku have so many good fights but broly increases his power with just 1 gud fight. So u cant compare goku to broly's power.

For people who says perfect cell will be gud then its for u that when goku went to after world pikkon defeated Ur perfect cell + frieza dn his father+ Ginyu force with 1 blow and in afterworld tournament goku defeated pikon . So i think u got ur answer.

I HOPE IT CLARIFIES UR ANSWER.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pope052

Super-Perfect Cell is a good match up for Broly...

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hksaru

said:

@D3athstroke said:

SAUCE?

Well it was stated in movie that Brolly is reincarnation of first Super Sayan

http://www.mangareader.net/dragon-ball-episode-of-bardock/1

End here is episode of Bardock. He time traveled to past and he is that First Super Sayan legend talks about.

dude, he is not Bardock's reincarnation

LSSj is the state in which Broly transforms and gets all crazy with rage and full of muscle.

that's a specific super saiyan transformation, only known from Broly, may be genetic or a mutation of sorts. it could have been the transformation that the Original Super Saiyan had, since Legendary Super Saiyans (taking Broly's example) seem to be able to transform into super saiyan more easily, but obviously have less control
the Original Super Saiyan destroyed their original home world before they wen to Planet Plant (then renamed Vegeta after they arrived)
therefore, the Original Super Saiyan of the saiyan legends, originated in another planet that was NOT Planet Vegeta and it was sometime after Bardock turned Super Saiyan in Planet Plant - we know this because there were no Saiyans on that planet yet and no one had heard of them.

so
Bardock - the Super Saiyan that originated the legend of the blonde super beings that runs in the Frieza Family. that's how Frieza knew saiyans could be dangerous if they turned into that.

Original Super Saiyan - either a super saiyan in ape form or a Legendary Super Saiyan (like Broly) that couldn't control his power and destroyed the original Saiyan planet, making them travel to a new planet - Planet Plant (then renamed Vegeta in King Vegeta's honor)

Broly - a Legendary Super Saiyan - a mutation of sorts that allows for easier transformation and more power, but WAY less control over it

gunjan_sharma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru I think u shud read my post