• 58 results
#1 Edited by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

With the situation regarding DBZ battles, it's a time when we're reminded just why they're banned. The flame wars, the inadequate reasoning and misinterpretation of the feats, it's plain to see why they were banned in the first place. And yet there are still plenty of debaters who were capable of being reasonable about DBZ, who employed excellent logic and use of feats to justify their points. For all the DBZ fanboys around in these threads, there were always some debaters who knew how to talk about DBZ characters in the proper fashion.

Although the only anime I'm interested in is DBZ, I figured I'd make this into a more broader spectrum so other anime debaters could be cited. Personally 3 of my favourite DBZ debaters are

• @slimj87d - His use of physics and scientific laws in his arguments for DBZ plus his expertise on combat speed are something I respect a great deal in his posts
  • @neongamewave - A very reasonable DBZ debater to talk to. I was having such a discussion with him the other day where nothing ill came of it. And he's a very worthy debater indeed. Once my exams are out the way, I might see about challenging him to a one on one debate! ;)
  • @dredeuced - He debunked my post on the planet busting capabilities of DBZ characters very niftily and has proven to possess a wide range of DBZ knowledge he can expertly apply in a debate.

So what about the rest of you Viners? Who deserves to be recognised as a worthy DBZ or Anime debater?

#2 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ vs DBZ is back on a short leash mate ;) Read the latest update.

#3 Edited by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Ah so you've thrown the dog a bone? ;) Interesting. This had better not cause more Bills threads to spout up you know. :P

#4 Edited by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

Since you gave 3 lets recognize 3 best DBZ debator that i came across:

1. CadanceV2

2. Impossibru

3. NickZambato

Pretty sure i misspelled most of the name, also there was another guy whose name escapes me, he was the southpark icon as the AV and was fantastic at debating DBZ, unbiased and extremely knowledgeable

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yeah, well, it was decided to be given a shot but again, it is on a short leash so there are no warnings!

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16097 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yeah, well, it was decided to be given a shot but again, it is on a short leash so there are no warnings!

Isn't anime vs anime kind of what Animevice is for lol?

#7 Posted by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Are you going to reign them in or put them down should it get out of control? I don't know why I'm using all these dog metaphors.

#8 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Honestly, ComicVine benefits from appealing to all crowds despite the source. Be it American comic books, manga, anime, movies, games, etc. It's better to attract all those crowds rather than alienate :)

#9 Posted by reikai (4095 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah well 97% of all other debates here involve Superman, Thanos, or people plucked from JL and Avengers. Can get pretty boring like that.

#10 Edited by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Isn't anime vs anime kind of what Animevice is for lol?

Animevice is kind of like a ghost town in terms of the forums from what I hear.

#11 Edited by Dredeuced (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

Since you gave 3 lets recognize 3 best DBZ debator that i came across:

1. CadanceV2

2. Impossibru

3. NickZambato

Pretty sure i misspelled most of the name, also there was another guy whose name escapes me, he was the southpark icon as the AV and was fantastic at debating DBZ, unbiased and extremely knowledgeable

Mortein. He doesn't do a whole lot of back and forth debating but he puts effort into quantification and usually states his point without too much bias.

#12 Edited by Strider92 (16097 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@strider92: Honestly, ComicVine benefits from appealing to all crowds despite the source. Be it American comic books, manga, anime, movies, games, etc. It's better to attract all those crowds rather than alienate :)

Awww you guys are too nice!! I would rule with an iron fist of tyranny! Destroying all anime vs anime threads with a fiery passion that rivaled Lucifer himself!!!! Crushing peoples hopes and dreams in process!

.........I think its quite a good thing that I have no power at all lol!!!!

#13 Posted by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: He knows his stuff but I've disagreed with him on his view that Frieza Saga level DBZ characters can take out Superman and other comic book powerhouses.

#14 Edited by Dredeuced (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dredeuced: He knows his stuff but I've disagreed with him on his view that Frieza Saga level DBZ characters can take out Superman and other comic book powerhouses.

edit -- woops started debating DBZ vs dudes which has nothing to do with this thread. Sorry! Old habits die hard, edited out.

#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Awww you guys are too nice!! I would rule with an iron fist of tyranny! Destroying all anime vs anime threads with a fiery passion that rivaled Lucifer himself!!!! Crushing peoples hopes and dreams in process!

.........I think its quite a good thing that I have no power at all lol!!!!

Oh yeah? What about your precious Warhammer 40K?

Also it is a good call. Most Popular Movie/Games are turn Dark Horse Comics. Mangas are sold in MOST Comic Stores as well. In Japan alone Manga and Comics are the same.

So it is good to attract all walks of life.

#16 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16014 posts) - - Show Bio

Impossibru and nick have to be here. And mortein. These are the best guys for dbz I've seen. (Sorry Dredeuced never noticed you specifically. maybe that username confuses me :p)

Slimij87 is impressive as well..Neon is nearly as good, but he's good at many other manga, so I didn't take him for a particular dbz guy. But his opinions are always reasonable (and mostly agreeable).. other than that, don't remember. ssjlozza started off seeming to be an outright fanboy, but he has shown to be much better, accepting where dbz loses, not very impressed by his debating though. (Gave up too easy in cav against flash)

And how could I forget midget 0_0 He's definitely in here somewhere..

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16097 posts) - - Show Bio

Hence why I said Anime Vs Anime!

#18 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Indeed, considering the ever growing popularity of all those listed, it would be unwise to alienate against anything really.

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Hence why I said Anime Vs Anime!

You comic book Hitler.

#20 Edited by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio

My Black Cat knowledge>>>>>>All of yours.

Shameless self plug aside, I think the list is solid. Especially on Dredeuced. No offense to anyone else, but he's definitely the best up and comer the Vine has had in awhile IMO, as far as all around knowledge goes from comics to anime.

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16097 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: You don't like my mustache? :(

Is that what that is? I thought you itch your face with a pen by accident X)

#23 Posted by Strider92 (16097 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Is Black Cat the Spider Man type or a Manga?

@dredeuced: you know, I never notice how good you are between Manga and Comics. Are you a veteran debater from another website (I myself came here because after 4 years of Marvel.com Forums I was sick of Marvel) or are you a faded into obscurity of this website and remade yourself a new man?

You can tell me....... I just find it hard your new at this.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

edit -- woops started debating DBZ vs dudes which has nothing to do with this thread. Sorry! Old habits die hard, edited out.

Heh I know the feeling. And DBZ threads have been allowed back on a leash according to DM.

#26 Posted by laflux (14133 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@cadencev2: You don't like my mustache? :(

Is that what that is? I thought you itch your face with a pen by accident X)

What screw mustache's. Goatee's are the way to go :)

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Frocharocha (2220 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, it's ridiculous how serious people had some of their favorite characters banned thanks to some who only know to insult and make stupid arguments. I really hope DBZ threads get's unbanned.

#31 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Mortein is honestly the only rational person I've had debates in regards to DBZ that don't turn into constant attempts to make the showings from the manga something they clearly weren't. The latter I've argued with, not so much on the same boat.

#32 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: If you read the latest update on the original thread, DBZ vs DBZ is permitted again, albeit on a short leash.

#33 Edited by Dredeuced (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@god_spawn: Is Black Cat the Spider Man type or a Manga?

@dredeuced: you know, I never notice how good you are between Manga and Comics. Are you a veteran debater from another website (I myself came here because after 4 years of Marvel.com Forums I was sick of Marvel) or are you a faded into obscurity of this website and remade yourself a new man?

You can tell me....... I just find it hard your new at this.

This is my first account on any sort of comics specific forum. I don't really consider myself particularly good at arguing, but thanks for the compliment. I've atleast had a decent amount of arguing experience from being a huge Sports Nerd when it comes to Basketball and Gridiron/American Football (Both College and Pro), so I atleast have a decent amount of experience in looking stuff up and presenting an argument with it. In this, I just apply it to what comics I've read -- mostly Flash comics from the 90s and early 00's because that's what my uncle had when I was a kid, but I've also read a lot of Avengers and JL stuff because I could afford a few comics and those tended to have the highest concentration of the highest number of superheroes doin' stuff.

Manga came more naturally because, well, it's almost 100% online and I can read it inbetween school and at work fairly easily.

I can most definitely assure you I'm not a previous poster who was banned -- mods could check my IP address or heck, I doubt anyone really resembles how I argue (if they do I'd be greatly surprised).

edit -- oh my uncle also had all of Sandman and I devoured that stuff but that is practically useless knowledge in the battle forums, lol. Not many battles involving the Endless or whatevs.

#34 Posted by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: It's a bit difficult to make battles with the Endless in though you have to admit :P

#35 Edited by Dredeuced (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dredeuced: It's a bit difficult to make battles with the Endless in though you have to admit :P

ESOTERIC METAPHOR POWER GO

#36 Posted by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Lol. You could always do cosmic entity battles but I think those are difficult to judge.

#37 Edited by Dredeuced (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dredeuced said:

@lvenger said:

Lol. You could always do cosmic entity battles but I think those are difficult to judge.

Destiny would just go "Whoever will win will win" and Death would walk out all huffy while Morpheus pouts.

Then Destruction would beat all of them with his raw, manly charisma.

#38 Edited by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by NeonGameWave (7695 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Thank you for the awesome and very kind words! A one on one debate sounds awesome to me, and I can`t wait! I also think Laurcus, XImprossibruX, valfranx, Mortein, mypasswordis1234, SonDeathEater, All_Mighty_Beyonder, THC, Nickzambuto, Freefa11, CadenceV2 and Floopay are great in the debating of DBZ also.

#40 Edited by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: A pleasure. I figured that with the recent banning of DBZ battle threads which are now allowed on a tight leash, there'd be a lot of negativity towards DBZ and anime debaters so I decided to make this thread so better anime debaters like yourself could be highlighted. And once my exams are out the way I intend to put some time aside for that debate!

#41 Posted by Frocharocha (2220 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: If you read the latest update on the original thread, DBZ vs DBZ is permitted again, albeit on a short leash.

I know :(, but it would be way good if we could make DBZ vs Comics again. We don't have reasons to put DBz chars vs DBZ chars because Goku already beat everybody and Bills beats everybody in LORE. So putting Bills vs Anyone in DBZ is pointless, because we know he's several leagues above Kidd Buu and Super Sayan God.

#42 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23199 posts) - - Show Bio

CandenceV2 (me and CandenceV2 have a awesome debate going on between Naruto and Yusuke),Neongamewave,SlimJ87d and Dredueced are all good anime debaters.

#43 Posted by jpgreat1 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I speak as an Administrator/Moderator from a political forum across 2 different languages and I must say a BAN on DBZ in a battle forum were speculation, debate, and sometimes a well placed flame/troll to get a point across is needed shows a bad and immature way of handling things. In short I'll say it bluntly the way the moderators handling this is piss poor. If not down right ultra biased well deserving of them to step down as moderators if they cannot handle things on a case by case basis.

We are all fans of w/e we like be it DBZ, DC, Marvel, and so on... more times then not I see the superman fanboys commit the worst of acts but yet do not see Superman being banned. But I digress and say, my point is nothing should be banned as far as a subject... if things do get out of control handle the offenders directly. Don't just block out an entire subject of possible fun and thought provoking ideas...

#44 Edited by Lvenger (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgreat1: With all due respect, political forums and comic book forums are two different areas. DBZ tends to attract the greatest amount of rabid Internet fanboys, trolls or flame baiters who ruin a DBZ battle thread by escalating what's being said to an insane level. And this is coming from a DBZ fan ie me. If you read the thread where godspawn explains why DBZ vs comics threads are being banned, maybe you'll be enlightened as to why it was far from a piss poor or a biased decision for the mods to ban DBZ battles

#45 Edited by Shikarenji (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

I consider myself a good dbz debater but i'm not on much these days lol

#46 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23199 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgreat1 said:

I speak as an Administrator/Moderator from a political forum across 2 different languages and I must say a BAN on DBZ in a battle forum were speculation, debate, and sometimes a well placed flame/troll to get a point across is needed shows a bad and immature way of handling things. In short I'll say it bluntly the way the moderators handling this is piss poor. If not down right ultra biased well deserving of them to step down as moderators if they cannot handle things on a case by case basis.

We are all fans of w/e we like be it DBZ, DC, Marvel, and so on... more times then not I see the superman fanboys commit the worst of acts but yet do not see Superman being banned. But I digress and say, my point is nothing should be banned as far as a subject... if things do get out of control handle the offenders directly. Don't just block out an entire subject of possible fun and thought provoking ideas...

1. Call me a suck up but I think the mods are doing a fine job with the battle forum and when a thread get out of hand THEY are the ones that have to deal with it.

2. I'm a big fan of anime/manga I love theam almost as much as I like comics in fact I may like the Yu-Gi-Oh! unverse better then DC,but this is a comic site here they cater to comics sothe site can survive with or with out Dragon Ball Z.

3. Dude many of the mods like DBZ...they are not bias Deranged Midget clearly is a DBZ fan,god_spawn has said he is a major DBZ fan and loves Vegeta the most and Vance has on many occasion taken DBZ in the battle forum.

4. 90 percent of all Dragon ball threads ends in insult being thrown around,not saying it is DBZ fans fault actually it's both sides.Me and Neongamewave has had our disputes regarding DBZ threads and not one time has me or him thrown a insult.

#47 Posted by Dredeuced (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

CandenceV2 (me and CandenceV2 have a awesome debate going on between Naruto and Yusuke),Neongamewave,SlimJ87d and Dredueced are all good anime debaters.

I'd probably put Floopay above me when it comes to Manga -- he seems to have read more manga than I have, as he comes up with more obscure characters to battle with. Thanks for the mention, though.

#48 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16014 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgreat1 said:

As an administrator/moderator from a political forum across 2 different languages, you should know what the thread is about. It's for recognition of those who debate dbz in an excellent manner. There is another thread on your view in dbz ban iirc, or you could create one. You could've said this there. As about, mods have, and will do a fantastic job most of the times, if things were getting out of hands, they're perfectly right to temporarily ban it. You can reply on a thread dedicated to the topic instead. No offense.

#49 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23199 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I'd probably put Floopay above me when it comes to Manga -- he seems to have read more manga than I have, as he comes up with more obscure characters to battle with. Thanks for the mention, though.

How could I forget about Floopay?The dude is one of the best debaters on this site periode. No problem dude you are a very good anime/manga debater and a good debater in general.