• 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading Batgirl#2 I feel the question needs to be asked, who would win? David Cain or Deathstroke?

Fight takes place on an apartment rooftoop. No prep, normal gear and weapons.

Who Wins?
Moderator
#2 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

What a great question. I am going to go with David Cain. 

#3 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

Too vague to answer. It really depends but i see Slade taking this in a bloody fight. 

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio
I will take good ole Winky ( Deathstroke ) winning this fight in a close battle

lol
#5 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually believe Deathstroke would end up winning due to his superhuman abilities. But it would be a good fight

Moderator
#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

funny fact about that scan

Slade wasn't Deathstroke in 1975, you fail Beechen (writer)

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know too much about David Cain.

#8 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

David Cain is a bad ass but Deathstroke still takes this more often than not.

#9 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

slade kicks everybodies ass. does he ever loose????? and no, teen titans.

#10 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"slade kicks everybodies ass. does he ever loose????? and no, teen titans."
Wonder Woman beat Slade before lol
Moderator
#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

damnit, G beat me too it...

anyway, i've got to go with Cain on this one...

i think he's baddass enough to take Slade down finally

M

#12 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"damnit, G beat me too it...

anyway, i've got to go with Cain on this one...

i think he's baddass enough to take Slade down finally

M"
Cain is badass. I just started reading up on him tonight (thanks Babs :D). I know he easily has the advantage in terms of hand to hand. But its Slades superhuman strength and his healing factor that make me think he would come out on top. Cain's best chance is to finish the fight early. The longer it goes the better odds Deathstroke has.
Moderator
#13 Posted by Desiderina Redhead (4413 posts) - - Show Bio
Walks in to laugh at Methos for having to lock his own thread.. walks out again
#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah...

Cain does have the upper hand and but he has faced down metahumans before and come out on top...

i'd give this one to Cain no matter how long the fight went on for, he's bad ass enough to take down some of DC's heavy hitters so i can see him taking out Slade

M

#15 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe so, but Slade is more then just a heavy hitter. He's a tactical genius who has the skills to hang with Cain in a hand to hand confrontation as well as the arsenal and knowledge to use them effectively. He may have lost to Wonder Woman but he gave her some impressive shots as well as taking several before going down. He's smoked Batman before, walked straight through him as if he where nothing.

However I dont wanna sound like I'm selling Cain short. Batgirl made Slade look foolish (although its hard to judge if he was actually trying), and she was Cain's top student.

Cain may have taken down Metahuman's before, but I dont believe they had the complete package like Slade (brains, muscle, speed, and durability)

Moderator
#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

she wasn't only Cain's top student... she is his daughter lol

I'll have to think this through properly after reading more Deathstroke but at the moment i can see Cain taking this one on pure skill

M

#17 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I know she's his daughter :P (and Lady Shiva's)

If anyone could overcome Slade on skill alone Cain would be the one. I just think Slade's to durable and skilled.

Moderator
#18 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#19 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna say David cain but Slade does have a healing factor

#20 Posted by 1st2ndand3rdborn (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade. As badass as he is, exactly what can Cain do that Slade can't do more effectively?

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still backing Cain... he's pure badass...

M

#22 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

cain beats slade by pure MA skill but not sure if he can put down Slade with his enhancements.

#23 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I actually believe Deathstroke would end up winning due to his superhuman abilities. But it would be a good fight "
Deathstroke is smarter, faster and stronger, plus the healing factor and you have in Cain a vastly outmatched opponent.
#24 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

cain may be smarter, faster and stronger then his post meta transformation but they are not significant enough to give him the win against high MA human  fighters from his constant showings in comics.

#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" cain may be smarter, faster and stronger then his post meta transformation but they are not significant enough to give him the win against high MA human  fighters from his constant showings in comics. "
His constant showing being......Beating batman in a couple of minutes?
#26 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

no losing to nightwing and being embarrassed by him without landing a single punch and also stalemating cain.

#27 Posted by Scab. (107 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Ego said:
"slade kicks everybodies ass. does he ever loose????? and no, teen titans."
Wonder Woman beat Slade before lol "
Last time I read a fight between them, He broke out of her lasso or something along those lines.
#28 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scab. said:
" Last time I read a fight between them, He broke out of her lasso or something along those lines. "
You should have kept reading. Its a great tale of PIS and CIS rolled into one lol. And she still beats him.
Moderator
#29 Posted by Scab. (107 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Scab. said:
" Last time I read a fight between them, He broke out of her lasso or something along those lines. "
You should have kept reading. Its a great tale of PIS and CIS rolled into one lol. And she still beats him. "
Damnit, Deathstroke fanboys on KMC who only show half the fight.

shakes head
#30 Edited by NightFang (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke but he die's in the end.

#31 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

deathstroke beats cain

#32 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Cain or Slade...Slade.

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

the only way slade would lose was if that's what the writers wanted.

#34 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
" the only way slade would lose was if that's what the writers wanted. "
The only way.
#35 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
" the only way slade would lose was if that's what the writers wanted. "
o_O Come on now Apple
Moderator
#36 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Apparition said:
" the only way slade would lose was if that's what the writers wanted. "
o_O Come on now Apple "
lol too strident?  well maybe its closer than i'm saying but still you have to admit that someone who can surprise kid flash with how fast he moves should be able to take cain.
#37 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

stroke would beat cain in a ok fight

#38 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Apparition said:
" the only way slade would lose was if that's what the writers wanted. "
o_O Come on now Apple "
lol too strident?  well maybe its closer than i'm saying but still you have to admit that someone who can surprise kid flash with how fast he moves should be able to take cain. "
lol agreed
Moderator
#39 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Apparition said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Apparition said:
" the only way slade would lose was if that's what the writers wanted. "
o_O Come on now Apple "
lol too strident?  well maybe its closer than i'm saying but still you have to admit that someone who can surprise kid flash with how fast he moves should be able to take cain. "
lol agreed "
:)
#40 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke easy.

David Cain is very bad ass but he's no match for Batman or Shiva.  Deathstroke beats Batman without even trying.

Batgirl was a very good comic and I'm enjoying reading it but they really dropped the ball on the whole Deathstroke = David Cain thing.  Deathstroke is physically and mentally superior to Cain, simple as that.  I imagine the writer was like "It will show how awesome Cain is if he is a perfect match for the greatest mercenary in DC.  Hey Dan.  Who's the best mercenary in DC?"  "Deathstroke the terminator."  "Cool." And nobody ever mentioned to him/her that Deathstroke was the greatest mercenary because he was so good that he could take on the entire roster of the Teen Titans alone and win.

#41 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio
@1st2ndand3rdborn:
Exactly.

With Slade's healing factor, supehuman strength and reaction time, Cain doesn't survive this fight. Especially when you consider that Deathstroke uses better weapons than anything David Cain has been shown to employ.
#42 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Deathstroke easy.David Cain is very bad ass but he's no match for Batman or Shiva.  Deathstroke beats Batman without even trying.Batgirl was a very good comic and I'm enjoying reading it but they really dropped the ball on the whole Deathstroke = David Cain thing.  Deathstroke is physically and mentally superior to Cain, simple as that.  I imagine the writer was like "It will show how awesome Cain is if he is a perfect match for the greatest mercenary in DC.  Hey Dan.  Who's the best mercenary in DC?"  "Deathstroke the terminator."  "Cool." And nobody ever mentioned to him/her that Deathstroke was the greatest mercenary because he was so good that he could take on the entire roster of the Teen Titans alone and win. "
qft
#43 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27112 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO  
 
i was thinking of starting this battle then realised it would have been done and look who started it lmao should have known! ;p

#44 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#45 Posted by darktiger (4458 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Methos said:
"damnit, G beat me too it...

anyway, i've got to go with Cain on this one...

i think he's baddass enough to take Slade down finally

M"
Cain is badass. I just started reading up on him tonight (thanks Babs :D). I know he easily has the advantage in terms of hand to hand. But its Slades superhuman strength and his healing factor that make me think he would come out on top. Cain's best chance is to finish the fight early. The longer it goes the better odds Deathstroke has.

agreed

#46 Posted by darktiger (4458 posts) - - Show Bio

This is spite,deathstroke wins because of enhancements,wish he lost his powers,even though I like him,one of my favorites,he should lose his enhancements for a time to prove how good he really is,after that he should get his powers,because alot of his fight he wins just off of enhancements not pure fighting skill

#47 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

#48 Posted by Cochise (707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zoom said:

I imagine the writer was like "It will show how awesome Cain is if he is a perfect match for the greatest mercenary in DC. Hey Dan. Who's the best mercenary in DC?" "Deathstroke the terminator." "Cool." And nobody ever mentioned to him/her that Deathstroke was the greatest mercenary because he was so good that he could take on the entire roster of the Teen Titans alone and win.

Exactly. Cain's stalemating Deathstroke isn't backed up by any of either of their showings, past or present. Look at it this way: Batman has beaten Cain like an unwanted stepchild. And Deathstroke has beaten Batman like a government mule, as well as plenty of other characters who would run roughshod over Cain.

#49 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

I actually believe Deathstroke would end up winning due to his superhuman abilities. But it would be a good fight

This

#50 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke wins again.