#1 Edited by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thu'um vs The Force

no weapons, armor, or magic.

only shouts, h2h, and the force are allowed.

Thr Dragonborn is a Nord for this battle, and can use battle cry.

the dragonborn has the Lord Stone's Blessing and the amulet of Talos

Round 1. starts ontop of a gotham city frooftop

Round 2. starts where paarthurnax is at the throat of the world

Round 3. starts in the firing chamber of the death star. a laser is fired every 5 minutes.

who wins?

#2 Edited by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

i posted this because im a major skyrim geek, and a major star wars geek, but i also posted it because i though it would be very interesting to see how the different things each of these would do would effect each other. Crap! i also meant for davahkiin to be dovahkiin. i hate it when there is a typo in the name because you cant fix it.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (29259 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats for Skyrim guy?

#4 Edited by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: destroying very powerful beings such as Alduin, also called the eater of worlds. Alduin has done things such as: coming back from the end of time, destroying planets, terrifying entire universes, and traveling to the skyrim equivelent of heaven, and being unaffected by nearly everything there. oh, yeah, lets not forget the magic powerful enough to raise dragons that have been dead for millions of years.

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

Dovahkiin is the actual name, and DragonBorn wins due to time manipulation and life stealing shouts.

And With magick he can learn alternation spells and use telekinesis, and aquire a resistance to spiritual and magic attacks.

He wins.

#6 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: no weapons, armor, or magic, so no restoration, and whic shout steals life? when you said that i thought of soul trap, but that is conjuration. to the skyrim wiki!

#7 Edited by XImpossibruX (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica said:

@XImpossibruX: no weapons, armor, or magic, so no restoration, and whic shout steals life? when you said that i thought of soul trap, but that is conjuration. to the skyrim wiki!

No no, it's GAAN-LAH-HAAS, a shout that is learned.

#8 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: the only one i found that was life stealing was drain vitality. that only staggers and drains stamina.

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke stomps.

#10 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: any reasons?

#11 Posted by XImpossibruX (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica said:

@XImpossibruX: the only one i found that was life stealing was drain vitality. that only staggers and drains stamina.

There is another called Nightingale Strife which steals the health from someone and uses it as your on, and there is also Serpents stone that gives you an ability to Paraylze a target without fail.

#12 Edited by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: the dragonborn has the lord stone blessing, and as for nightingale strife, i should have put this in the op, but i meant for him to not be part of any guilds, exept ones that are needed to completes the main questline. i just meant for him to have completed the main questline, reached the level cap, and know all the shouts. i also meant for the only powers he had to be battle cry and any power that you receive along the main questline.

#13 Posted by wh1t3b0y5t33z (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we assuming post-Episode 6 Luke Skywalker?

#14 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I have a problem with the Dragon Born and battle threads. Gameplay wise, he's sort of impressive. Lore wise he's all sorts of retarded. Like we're talking planet busting levels of strength lore wise. There's this huge inconsistency between gameplay and lore, the the point that they don't even seem remotely similar.

Just to be clear, Alduin isn't a dragon. He's the son of Akatosh. In other words, he is a shapeshifting planet. By lore, either Alduin should have one shotted the Dragon Born, or the Dragon Born has the strength and durability of an Elder God. It's like in Oblivion how the Champion of Cyrodiil goes toe to toe with Jyggalag, despite Jyggalag being the strongest of the remaining Elder Gods. We're talking high level reality/time warpers that can bust planets like they're nothing. "jk no bigge, imma smack it with my daedric sword". Elder Scrolls lore is so nuts it's hard to even quantify. It's full of "I just punched out Cthulhu" moments.

#15 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

Just to be clear, Alduin isn't a dragon. He's the son of Akatosh. In other words, he is a shapeshifting planet.

and the dragonborn kicked his ass. with shouts. he knows 'em all in this. and elder scrolls lore is different from gameplay, but how fun would it be if you were a god and annhilated everybody and their cousin before you even saw them?

#16 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica said:

@Laurcus said:

Just to be clear, Alduin isn't a dragon. He's the son of Akatosh. In other words, he is a shapeshifting planet.

and the dragonborn kicked his ass. with shouts. he knows 'em all in this. and elder scrolls lore is different from gameplay, but how fun would it be if you were a god and annhilated everybody and their cousin before you even saw them?

I'm well aware. I'm just saying the lore is on mega drugs. I actually like the lore. I have the timeline memorized from the start of the Dawn Era to the First Era. I'm a huge Elder Scrolls nerd. And for the record, when I play Elder Scrolls games, I am a god that annihilates everyone and their cousin before they even see me. I can get a character to level 50 in Morrowind in under 2 hours. ^_^

#17 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus: i do have some similar level cap characters in skyrim and oblivion, and it can be fun, and i have the tendency to, when im interested in something, obsess and learn everything i possibly can about it. my favorite game is skyrim so i know a sh!t ton about it, and that research led me to lots of information from everything else. if you are a star wars nerd too, you're in luck. there will be more elder scrolls vs star wars fights from me, i can guarantee that.

#18 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: He has a Time Stop Shout, and Drain Vitality. Those are the only ones that could potentially end Luke. Even so, he has to say the words, and Luke should be able to kill him before he can finish shouting.

Luke, 10/10

#19 Posted by JediXMan (29259 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

@JediXMan: He has a Time Stop Shout, and Drain Vitality. Those are the only ones that could potentially end Luke. Even so, he has to say the words, and Luke should be able to kill him before he can finish shouting.

Luke, 10/10

Also, I believe Luke has Force Drain resistance / immunity. So I doubt the drain ability would work.

#20 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yeah i thought he was Force Drain resistant as well, but since Dovahkiin isn't using the Force to drain him, i'm not a hundred percent sure it would work.

Still, Luke should win.

#21 Posted by Grifter52 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick Luke due to the fact that he has the force directly at his disposal and Dovahkin would have to recharge between shouts. However, it's difficult to judge the davahkin's abilities since he is highly customizable in the game. The only way I would give the Davahkin a distinct advantage would be if he had a very high sneak level because he can't use magic and Luke can almost undoubtedly beat him in any h2h.

#22 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: stop time? it is slow time. and everything around him goes in slow motion. once i tried to open a door after using that shout. did not work too well. and@JamesKM716: the drain vitality only drains stamina.

#23 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica: Luke has near light speed reactions. He could easily dodge anything Dovahkiin can shout/attack with.

#24 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

Skywalker wins

#25 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: what about Slow Time?

#26 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica: I never got all the slow time shouts but from what I've seen on youtube time wouldn't be slowed enough to seriously hinder Luke.

#27 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Plus, Luke can move so fast that Slow Time will probably still be super speed verses the Dovahkiin's normalish speed

#28 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2758 posts) - - Show Bio

Like moves so fast,,even "IF" he managed to get a Shout off before being decapitated the slow effect would still not be enough..he'd still be moving very fast..not to mention Luke can and has used the force choke ability which would easily stop him from making a sound,,making this win even easier...Luke FTW 10/10

#29 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are people getting these crazy starwars feats from?

Dovahkiin wins because of FUS RO DAH!

#30 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh: Unrelenting Force is just a badass force push...

#31 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh: the comics, primarily Dark Empire.

#32 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

is bumping my own thread allowed? either way, this is a post. to the message boards with you!