Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyZ256
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1: Pure hand-to-hand fight. Takes place in the biker bar from Terminator 2.

Round 2: Individuals are locked in a large, unbreakable room (10000 square meters). Each has nothing but tractor, bus, and semi tires on his side of the room (30 at the start). Only the hurling of the massive tires is allowed.

Round 3: Individuals start 2000 meters apart on the battlefield from Terminator Salvation. The T-850 is allowed to scan and Data is given a tricorder, but the latter is only able to work within the distances that the terminator's scan does. (If the T-850 can only scan up to 50 feet, that's the limit Data's tricorder has.)

All weapons used by the T-850 (including the helicopter) may be employed against Data. Data has all of the weapons he was shown handling, however his phaser cannot be used at the vaporization setting.

If weapons are not effective or not desired, this round may become another head-to-head encounter.

Individuals are in character. No prep, but a basic knowledge of the opponent exists. In each round, win by incapacitation or knocking down of the opponent 10 times.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Detrolord
No Caption Provided

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JohnnyZ256

bump

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under these settings I would give it to the T-850 all rounds. They're both very strong but the terminator has shown better durability. Data is pretty quick and is a very intelligent fighter but he couldn't really use nerve strikes or anything on terminator so he'd probably have a back and forth brawl with 850 until he started breaking down. The weapons under these conditions definitely give terminator the edge too.

A scenario where data could have the edge would be maybe fighting on a ship or base with easy access to technology and weapons for both of them. Data is definitely the more versatile and adaptable thinker of the two. Terminator is smart but very narrow in his decision making. Data would have take the majority of prepped fights with unrestricted access to technology.

Actually, if data is allowed to make use of the technology on the battlefield leftover in scenario three he might be able to rig up something to take the 850 out quick. He's smart enough if he has the time. If he's only able to utilize his technology I don't really see him winning. I don't think phasers set to stun are going to do much to a terminator.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@countofmc: Data's phasers can also be used at the kill setting. He also has access to shuttlecraft and a runabout.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T-850.

SatanSucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T-850 destroys.

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terminators are strong but stupid. Data has enough strength and he could win here.

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@countofmc: Data's phasers can also be used at the kill setting. He also has access to shuttlecraft and a runabout.

Data with phasers should win with ease. One shot.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Data stomps all rounds. He's stronger, faster, smarter, better programmed, more durable, and has better gear.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maverick_6

@flyingcliffs:

Terminators can tank all but the most potent plasma based weaponry pretty easily.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Data breaks it's arms off and beats it with them.

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flyingcliffs:

Terminators can tank all but the most potent plasma based weaponry pretty easily.

Star Trek phasers > > > > > plasma weapons of terminator universe.

Phasers can vaporize humans in second, and destroy buildings.

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Data stomps all rounds. He's stronger, faster, smarter, better programmed, more durable, and has better gear.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JohnnyZ256

What about Rounds 1 and 2? I'm not sure that I agree that Data is stronger, but perhaps he is. T-850 was manhandling T-X at times. That's quite a feat.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Rounds 1 and 2? I'm not sure that I agree that Data is stronger, but perhaps he is. T-850 was manhandling T-X at times. That's quite a feat.

Data is, in fact, stronger. With his arm bent at the elbow, with one hand, while crouched, and not exerting force, Data was able to stop a 1930's all steel taxi cab, and the driver's foot was on the pedal in full acceleration. This is at least 5 tons of force being exerted without him trying.

To top it off, Data can run 60 trillion operations every second, which is 60 operations every picosecond (one sixtieth of one millionth of a millionth of a second).

Finally, he can easily bend a parsteel rod with a tensile strength of 40 kilobars. Which means it should be able to handle about 580151 psi (290 tons) before bending. While I have no doubt Data can't LIFT that much, this does prove he can exert that much force when pushed to his limits (as he does exert quite a bit). Basically, he could rip the terminator in half if he needed to.

Jump to 1:20: Data runs 60 trillion operations per second.

Jump to 1:34: Parsteel rated at 40 kilobars, and Data bending it.

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@floopay said:

Data is, in fact, stronger. With his arm bent at the elbow, with one hand, while crouched, and not exerting force, Data was able to stop a 1930's all steel taxi cab, and the driver's foot was on the pedal in full acceleration. This is at least 5 tons of force being exerted without him trying.

Finally, he can easily bend a parsteel rod with a tensile strength of 40 kilobars. Which means it should be able to handle about 580151 psi (290 tons) before bending. While I have no doubt Data can't LIFT that much, this does prove he can exert that much force when pushed to his limits (as he does exert quite a bit). Basically, he could rip the terminator in half if he needed to.

@thelocust619 said:

Data breaks it's arms off and beats it with them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stronger my a$$

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Unless any of those pass the 290 ton mark, then yeah...Data is stronger. Data can't "lift" that much, but he can easily put out that much, and potentially more. As shown above.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@floopay said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Unless any of those pass the 290 ton mark, then yeah...Data is stronger. Data can't "lift" that much, but he can easily put out that much, and potentially more. As shown above.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

All you showed is bending steel and holding a car. That is nothing to lifting a car overhead, and holding Hydraulic power doors of those size, or punching a crater in a dam. While Terminators are regularly in the 1-2 ton area, Data is not 290 tons at all. Thats a joke. Data never shown that strength in fighting or lifting or anything but one Inconsistent steel feat.

Terminator Feats are better.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I wasn't aware of those comic feats, the rest are mostly durability. I'd have actually put both around the 2000 lb range, that car feat falling in line with it...but that dam thing is new to me, iv never seen a t850 just plow through a mass of concrete like that. Get blasted or flung, sure, but powering through on his own is new to me. I don't think data has strength feats to compare to that one.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Data's feats are fully consistent. He can stop a car in full acceleration with one hand while not trying, and he can bend Parsteel, rated at 40 kilobars. That's a fully quantified feat, shown by the creators to show Data's exact strength levels.

He's already been shown lifting a large anvil with zero exertion. He is, at the very least, a 10-12 ton character in terms of lifting strength, and he can exert far more than that when pressed.

Data only has a couple inconsistent feats I can think of. Overall, he overpowers anyone he's put against in strides. He's seen snapping Borg's necks/spines with zero issue (other enhanced metals), throwing them several feet and knocking over 5-6 of them, and with one punch he broke through the containment field to the borg's warp core.

He's not inconsistent, that's just his strength level.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Kilgons beaten up Borgs and the are only peak human. I think your overblowing Data's stats by a lot.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I'm not overblowing anything. 40 kilobars = 580151 psi. He didn't "beat up" borg, he snapped it's neck, and then threw one like a ragdoll. That's not something anyone else has done.

Other people have defeated the Borg in a physical confrontation, but not in the ways described. I specifically mentioned snapping necks, and breaking enhanced metals because they are almost exclusively limited to Data. Except maybe classic Khan who bent a phaser once and moved some space debris with the full might of his strength, and his feats are dwarfed by Data's.

Thanks for reading,
Floopay

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, this is movie T-850 (see OP picture of Uncle Bob's cousin).

Data has some impressive strength feats, but can we be certain that the T-850 couldn't do the same? Couldn't the terminator also bend the bar and hold back the car?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JohnnyZ256

For the 27-year anniversary of the premiere of Terminator 2, I will bump this thread.

Superman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T-850 destroys.

Vivec3629

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vivec3629

Data. At least as strong as the 850 from T3 and certainly much more versatile. Particularly given the 850's vulnerable to reprogramming and Data has a tricorder, which even if not able to remotely reprogram it, Data could certainly work up an interface. I'd give the AI advantage to the 24th century android over a 21st (at best given timeline issues) century attack robot not built for cyberwarfare.