#1 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: No weapons

Round 2: Weapons allowed; Data's phaser cannot exceed the maximum stun setting; Force Hold not permitted.

Round 3: No holds barred.

#2 Edited by Thanofleeze (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Yoda

Round 2: Yoda

Round 3: Yoda

#3 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Yoda defeat Data with no weapons?

#4 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming EU version? Yoda curbstomps.

#5 Posted by bloodguts (48 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Yoda defeat Data with no weapons?

Force based attacks.

#7 Posted by Thanofleeze (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnyz256: He would rip him apart with the force, or apply some Yoda-Fu on his a&&

#8 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Yoda

Round 2: Yoda

Round 3: Yoda

This.

#9 Edited by JetiiMitra (8713 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I'm assuming EU version? Yoda curbstomps.

Wouldn't it be a curbstomp anyway? Here's looking at his fights with Dooku and Sidious, and lifting the X-wing.

#10 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess when I indicated no weapons, I meant no weapons and no Force, i.e., H2H. Also, this is supposed to be movie Yoda.

#11 Posted by WillPayton (9554 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda stomps hard

#13 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Yoda can't use the Force?

#14 Posted by JetiiMitra (8713 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Yoda has no feats without the Force. Data stomps.

2: Yoda stomps hard.

3: Yoda stomps harder.

#15 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast can Yoda move with his lightsaber?

#16 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by JetiiMitra (8713 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Yoda can't use the Force?

That would be like saying "what if Data had no circuits?" Essentially it'd be changing Yoda so much that it would be pointless to use him. Limiting the Force to only enhancing himself would be more fair, although I still think he curbstomps in that scenario. Data just isn't a good match for Yoda.

#18 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast can Yoda move with his lightsabre?

He traded blows with near relativistic Palpatine.......

#19 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

Without circuits, Data wouldn't have consciousness. Yoda can still move around and presumably swing his lightsaber without the Force.

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (18286 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnyz256: He could swing a lightsaber without the Force, but he most certainly could not wield it.

What can Data do, anyways.

#21 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

Data is no slouch in the speed, strength, or durability departments. He is an android, after all.

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8713 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

Without circuits, Data wouldn't have consciousness. Yoda can still move around and presumably swing his lightsaber without the Force.

But the point is, it limits him to near-uselessness. When Yoda fights, he uses the Force to enhance his body. When he isn't enhancing his body, he's hobbling around on a cane. The Force is presumably why he's stayed alive for so long. Taking it away would severely limit him and pretty much tailor-designs the battle to go Data's way.

#23 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: I heard something about Data having FTL reflexes or something like that.

#24 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

Well, I didn't know that. I just don't want Yoda to have the Force so he can cause Data to implode or whatever.

#25 Posted by JetiiMitra (8713 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

Well, I didn't know that. I just don't want Yoda to have the Force so he can cause Data to implode or whatever.

That's why I think that if you do want to limit Yoda, make it so he can't use the Force offensively. Then he can only use it to move around and use his lightsaber. Although I do think Yoda would still win, it'd be a lot more fair.

#26 Edited by VMole (635 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Like a lot of things in Trek, it can be fairly inconsistent. He's shown in a few scenes operating at superhuman speeds such as operating a console or moving around and putting together a toy model for a kid (both done in that hokey 90s fast forwarded-style footage, but still) even though he moves at a normal human pace under most circumstances. He's physically superior to Yoda in every conceivable way by a fair margin and his reflexes are superhuman, though that can possibly be countered by Yoda having access to the Force.

Data was subjected to upgrades throughout the entire series though, so that may explain the inconsistencies, but it's been a while since I've watched the TNG series or movies to recall more of his feats.

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (18286 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnyz256: That does not answer me question. What can Data do?

#28 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

As V said, Data can move extremely fast (he can move his hands faster than a human can see them), he is super strong (capable of holding back a car with one hand and casually throwing around Borg drones), and is very durable (machine gun fire does basically nothing to him).

#29 Edited by Fetts (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnyz256: I honestly don't know too much about Yoda. This is really hard to decide for me with Yoda's precognition and whatnot.

#30 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Data
  2. Data
  3. Yoda (maybe)

Not very impressed with movie Yoda.