Darth Vader,Darth Maul Vs Count Dooku,Gen Grievous.

• 78 results
Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fight in Death Star Destroyer hanger bay. Grievous has 4 sabres. Film and comic book versions both valid.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Maul and Vader. GG is a weak link, tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 due to Dooku's partner being Grievous.

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Not sure how that is...

GG and Maul are equally skilled in my eyes.Or are you talking about his lack of defense vs Force powers?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Not sure how that is...

GG and Maul are equally skilled in my eyes.Or are you talking about his lack of defense vs Force powers?

The underline. GG shouldn't be any less skilled than Maul or Vader, if he is, the difference is minimal, tbh.

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vader can beat Dooku and Maul beats Grievous. Team 1.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not seeing how Grievous is a weak link. In their latest fight Maul won by throwing him out of a building; in the flat environment provided by this location it's not going to be that simple to deal with Grievous. It'll remain a duel for the most part between him and Maul save for a few pushes which are easy to recover from.

Realistically it's an either way situation with them with Maul getting a slight edge should he ever choose to just start crushing organs.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@i_like_swords: If he knows/doesn't think he can beat GG in a duel, wouldn't he just go straight to crush?

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: realistically grecioud hardly weighs much with so much TK strength apprantley why would cadet be able to just hold him in the air and cut him in half

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: By weak link, I mean his lack of Force connection, tbh. Vader and Maul COULD finish him off with a telekinetic attack if they chose, but they probably woulnd't for a majority

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 for a good majority. Vader beats Dooku, and I'd put Maul and Grevious on about the same level in terms of dueling prowless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

If he knows/doesn't think he can beat GG in a duel, wouldn't he just go straight to crush?

Maul doubting himself in such a manner is out of character. It'd be sensible to crush him but he just wouldn't aside from as I say, that one win out of ten.

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

realistically grecioud hardly weighs much with so much TK strength apprantley why would cadet be able to just hold him in the air and cut him in half

It's a case of would, not could.

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

By weak link, I mean his lack of Force connection, tbh. Vader and Maul COULD finish him off with a telekinetic attack if they chose, but they probably woulnd't for a majority

Agreed.

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grevious and Dooku would have better teamwork by default though seeings as one taught the other.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku and Grievous have better synergy. I'd see Dooku and Vader as an even split, tbh. And I'd see Maul and Grievous to be on a similar playing field as well. I'll stick with even split for now. Team 2 has the skill and synergy edges. Team 1 has some lesser edges that, when come together, can afford them 5/10. Ultimately, I see a case for either team made.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grevious could get eradicated on a whim at any time in this fight.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader and Maul for a majority

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhh....I think grievous can beat maul, and vader can beat dooku for the majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go for a statlemate or a slight majority for team 1 if Vader and Maul opted to use theyre Force Powers to take out Grievous (which will be difficult considering Grievous has insane durability feats). Maul against Grievous is an even split to me while Vader against Dooku should also be a split or slight majority for Vader.

But now I think about it, I don't see why Vader would get a majority against Dooku. Vader is stronger and more powerfull but Dooku is faster, more agile and more skilled.

Ques1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader and Maul win. Vader beats Grievous with the Force and helps Maul beat Dooku.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LuckyStrike

Sticking to thy guns on this one,

Maul could, but Vader would most likely eradicate grievous with a force crush, Dooku's presence isn't enough to prevent this, more so if he's engaging maul it's a stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader > Dooku

Vader > Grievous

Maul > Grievous

Maul <= Dooku

So, Team 1. ROTJ Vader is Prime Vader. ROTJ Vader is slightly better than ROTS Anakin/Vader. ROTS Anakin beat Dooku. Fair and square. Bigger potential and power. OK, Dooku could be holding back, but he certainly wouldn't when Anakin started pressuring him. Maul has beaten Grievous TWICE. He has tackled him and pushed him off a ledge/building, whatever. Vader could certainly beat Grievous. Better duelist, great Force power, and has physical capabilities to fight Grievous' own. Maul vs Dooku is a different tale, but Maul can hold his own long enough for Vader to defeat Grievous. If Dooku got too tired, Maul might even win, as Juyo could overwhelm Makashi. Whatever the matchups, Team 1 wins. Even if Maul dies, and Grievous dies, Vader vs Dooku would be Vader. Team 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 takes sabers in an incredibly close fight. Vader and Dooku are somewhat equal (Vader is maybe slightly better) but I believe Grievous to be superior to Maul, which means Vader will get gangbanged in the long run.

Even though Grievous would be completely useless in the Force round, I honestly see Dooku soloing this. Maul has never deflected lightning and something as intense as Dooku's would disable Maul whenever he tries to attack, and Vader would last maybe a minute at most, under Dooku's continuous barrage.

All-out goes to team 1, though, as Grievous can be scrapped with the Force easily, and Dooku's lightning will be deflected by at least Vader's lightsaber. And Dooku cannot take Vader alone.

Wolfmaster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 with Grevious as weak link and Vader as MVP

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at Legends Grievous being a weak link

@azronger said:

I honestly see Dooku soloing this. Maul has never deflected lightning and something as intense as Dooku's would disable Maul whenever he tries to attack, and Vader would last maybe a minute at most, under Dooku's continuous barrage.

Ummm what. Dooku has a snowballs chance in hell at soloing force only

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Dooku could last a minute against Vader's constant spam of TK?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

But it's close. Dooku and Grievous can beat Maul in sabers, but not easily nor quickly and Maul can TK GG if he's pressed

It's Vader who seals it

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

Compelling response.

Ok, were gonna do the game it seems

Maul has never deflected lightning and something as intense as Dooku's would disable Maul whenever he tries to attack

Im laughing at Maul being unable to deflect Dooku's force lightning when he was trained by Sidious himself. It only makes logical freaking sense that he would be able to deflect Force lightning when he was trained by one of the most proficient masters of it in Star Wars. He isn't going to immediately fold to it either based on his durability feats.

As for Vader, assuming this is Legends, he has tanked a lot more damage than Dooku can do to him without constantly spamming force lightning on Vader alone, with leaves Maul who is far to powerful to be ignored and is a serious threat. Whats to assume that Dooku doesn't lose to Vader's constant TK spam above anybody Dooku has fought? Nevermind him and Maul tag teaming him?

All-out goes to team 1, though, as Grievous can be scrapped with the Force easily

Really? Because both Mace Windu and Obi-Wan have both failed to do so. Mace Windu IIRC is the only one who has ever seriously harmed the General with the force and one of the two times he did was probably due to shatterpoint, and in both times he was taken from long range. I also think Grievous could pretty easily deflect force lightning with his lightsabers given that far more unskilled and slower people have done so.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrimusTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 FTW

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Close fight but team 1 takes the majority.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: So according to you it makes sense that Maul would be able to deflect lightning because his Master can shoot it. Okay. Why would Palpatine teach his apprentice how to defend against him? Why would he remove an advantage he has over his apprentice? Although there are conflicting sources, some state Palpatine was never going to let Maul succeed him. His purpose was to be a Jedi hunter, and it's not like any of the Jedi are going to suddenly start making sparks with their hands, no?

And when we take into account his failure to absorb it with his lightsaber blade against Mighella, it makes me wonder how he'd succeed with his hands.

As for durability, even low-intensity lightning put Maul on his knees, although he eventually powered through it. This was not the case with Sidious, though, as he was left unable to do anything else but scream. And before you make the argument that Sidious' lightning is more powerful than Dooku's, the former was using a non-lethal variant, so the point is moot. Dooku can also bypass any pain resistance techniques Maul might attempt to employ.

Dooku would lose to the team's TK spam only assuming he stays in one place and does nothing. He is one of the most agile SW characters ever, and has experience dodging Force pushes, which he (presumably) also taught to Grievous. And he has demonstrated that he can tank attacks comparable to anything Vader and Maul can dish out. And nothing prevents Dooku from retaliating in kind.

Mace scrapped Grievous easily, lol. Vader wiuld be able to do the same. And Maul could probably throw him a few kilometers away.

Less skilled people than Grievous have also failed to deflect it, so it doesn't prove Grievous can.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I laughed at the ridiculous idea of Dooku soloing.

Az just keeps getting more comical as the day goes by. I can honestly, see a case being made for Vader possibly, deflecting Dooku's lightning. We know Kota was able to deflect Galen's lightning, and he is significantly below Vader given he was casually trounced by Darth before the latter hit his peak. Then, there is the fact Vader has [arguably] repelled a lightsaber blade, a few ticks after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Or, the fact he created a barrier to repel dozens of blaster bolts, which, a barrage of such in the past, has collapsed entire cave structure --- more than anything Dooku's lightning has shown. Given the above, I can see a solid case being made for a peak Vader, using either a barrier, or deflection, to do away with Tyranus' lightning.

From then, Vader is just more powerful than Dooku in the Force --- given he's far more powerful than guys that can incinerate powerful Force sensitives [Inquisitors], or the fact he was bringing down large portions of of a Cathedral down --- while in a half dead state --- decades become his peak.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Pushes, Repulses, and all the Force attacks of the like.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By jumpstart55
  • Team One Wins 6.5/10...I agree Grevious would be a weak link mainly becuase hes up against elite level force wielders like Maul and Vader and lacks force sensitivity...His immense skill in light-saber dueling would keep it nicely competitive but eventually he would get overwhelmed by either Vader or Maul.
  • Would be one heck of a fight to watch though.
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: If Dooku can dodge Vader's TK, Vader can dodge Tyranus' lightning.

Vader has endured the lightning of more powerful Force users.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Azronger

@deronn_solo: Yeah, that's all nice and dandy, but Vader's full body barrier clearly isn't as effective as his Tutaminis is, given that Starkiller - whose lightning isn't on the level of a lightsaber blade - was able to power through it and ultimately put Vader on his knees. So it makes me wonder why you are listing Tutaminis feats for Vader, as Dooku will not be targetting his hands.

And Dooku is at least on the same level as Starkiller, never mind blaster bolts (lol), given that he is able to one-shot ancient Sith-tier opponents with his lightning. And his scaling from Ventress puts him above anything you mentioned from Vader, in terms of telekinetic potency.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Sure, but for how long, though? He isn't as nimble as Dooku, and the latter can shoot lightning multiple directions at once, and create large storms with it.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: He still has insane speed feats(at least on par with Dooku's, tbh) and he can unleash a wave that can sweep through a vast distance, as well.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: I am aware. Yet he would not be able to dodge for very long. How many characters have even dodged Dooku's attacks? I do not favor Vader's chances.

Dooku would just tank a wave, tbh.

Avatar image for superdragonfly9
SuperDragonfly9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 wins. Unless Vader force chokes Count Dooku at the start, it will be sad for Team 1. Dooku has force lightning which has been shown to be Vader's prime weakness, disabling him. It's the reason Vader didn't try to kill and overthrow the Emperor, because he knew he would get fried.

Since Grievious was lasting a little while against a Prime Obi Wan I think he could last a little while against Maul but get slaughtered in the in since Maul has the force.

Then it would come to Dooku VS Maul and Dooku would take the cake as we know this for a fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdragonfly9 said:

Dooku has force lightning which has been shown to be Vader's prime weakness, disabling him.

Suuure....It's not like Vader can't repel it with his lightsaber, use tutaminis, or dodge it. lol. He's endured more powerful lightning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Maul fights Dooku while Vader crushes GG with TK then they proceed to dogpile Dooku.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartan101: Only scenario team 2 takes this for a majority is if dooku takes out maul with the force early on and vader doesn't do the same vs Grevious. Team 1 should win pretty much every other kind of matchup.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Vader crushes GG with TK then he and Maul proceed to dogpile Dooku.

in all likelihood. Vader does;t restrain himself vs non force sensitives.