• 159 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

The consensus was that Anakin would take some kind of majority over Revan. So, out of curiosity I went looking for this battle and couldn't find it. It should be closer, so here it is.

Darth Vader

No Caption Provided

Revan

No Caption Provided
  • Legends Canon
  • RotJ Vader, Current Revan
  • Basic prior knowledge
  • Single saber each
  • In character
  • Fight to the death, knockout or incapacitation
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Vader. For the same reason as Anakin basically.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Vader is much stronger

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vadster

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vader is stronger, probably somewhat faster, more skilful, more durable, and possibly more powerful or at least around that level. He should win a solid majority.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By okayalright_44

Vader

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vader 7/10

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, Revan's only real way of winning is possibly exploiting the restrictions of Vader's movement (which he has circumvented before) or using Storm. Drain isn't a possibility, since Anakin learnt a defense against that.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader wins in a good fight. Revan should be able to challenge him to a duel (I think he should be Tier 8 in terms of duelling, while Vader is at the bottom Tier 9) and also with the Force, but I'm not sure about that, considering that his best feats seem to involve other fields of Force mastery (I'm mostly referring to his Tutaminis and Force Healing feats, which were done while he was weakened by a dark side nexus). Revan's feats against the strike team in the Foundry (especially his asteroid feat) seem to be too ambiguous at best, and gameplay at worst, though his ability to block attacks with a Force Barrier during that fight should probably be taken into account.

On the other hand, Vader has Force gripped the Starkiller clone during a bladelock, though he didn't hold him in a grip but simply hurled him out of a window (so no, it's absolutely not the same as Sidious utterly stomping Maul and Savage). He also telekinetically disarmed him (in the book, however, Vader disarms him via duelling skill). Generally, when a Force user grips another it is a demonstration of being able to dominate your opponent, but in this case it is an indication of rivalling or approaching power.

These feats I mentioned are monstrous, because Starkiller is incredibly powerful, more so than most Sith and Jedi, and his feats include moving a 300 meter frigate and later disintegrating half of it, all the while maintaining a Force Barrier. Vader should be able to do the same (at least with TK) by this time.

For Lightning Vader, at the beginning of TFU 2, has tanked Starkiller's Lightning Storm that has made metal walls burst outward, and made droid parts spin around a room. This is the same Lightning that has vaporized three stormtroopers with only a short burst. I doubt Revan's Lightning is so powerful (don't remember if he has good feats with it), but it could still be capable of slowing down Vader, which could provide Revan with a chance to win a few rounds.

In the end, Vader takes this.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jacthripper

Bump, Vader wins

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader still wins the majority. 6-7/10

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan loses this one

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan 10/10

Going through the whole story, Revan is an absolute beast. I won't spoil the events of "Shadow of Revan" yet. I'll give people time to play it themselves. But if ya'll haven't done so by New Years, well yer loss cause I'm spoiling it then.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@reikai: The thread was made 2 months ago, so "current" Revan refers to the version of the character prior to the release of Shadow of Revan, as per Battle Forum rules.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: SoR was already announced months ago and we've been well aware that Revan wasn't dead for quite a while. What does it even matter? There is zero need to remake a new thread just to get the same result.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08445aa58fc
deactivated-5a08445aa58fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't Revan's advanced force lightning play a factor?.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:
The thread was made 2 months ago, so "current" Revan refers to the version of the character prior to the release of Shadow of Revan, as per Battle Forum rules.

This is correct. "Current" version is the version at the time of the OP's making. If Shadow of Revan Revan is included, he would win a majority, probably decisively, if not easily. But unless the OP redesigns the thread with SoR Revan allowed, then it only allows previous iterations of Revan, where he can challenge Vader and win some rounds but he can't win for a majority.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By JakeN7

@reikai: It matters because they're different versions of the character, and those are the Battle Forum rules.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this is the most up to date version of Revan as of when the thread was made. SoR Revan vs Vader appears to still be debatable for some people, though.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: It just depends on how you view the feat, and I can understand differences. It's potential for Revan being a nearly top-tier Force user now, and being able to solidly defeat Vader.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's Revan before SoR I think Vader could take this, however if it's SoR I think Revan would win with mid dificulty.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Vader 6/10.

Maybe 7.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Revan though Vader is no slouch

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has SoR done that puts up so high now, compared to his last appearance before in the mmorpg?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Ragdolled a bunch of SWTOR protags, Satele Shan and some others, showcased a lot of esoteric and devastating Force powers. He's a real powerhouse now.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It wasn't a ragdoll at all. He charged up briefly and they stupidly stood there - then he knocked them down and they got back up. It's a good showing, but it's inconsistent because it implies superiority over the likes of Vitiate (just as the case with Malgus). TOR has a tendency to throw these telekinetic waves here and there and the characters seem to knock down a group of players just for the sake of appearing powerful, and then they lose in the upcoming fight.

I really don't know how to judge him at this rate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Poor choice of words on my part in relation to the cutscene, but during the fight itself he incapacitates everyone briefly with Force Destruction or something.

According to Ant it was made clear at the end of SoR that Vitiate is head and shoulders above every other being, including Revan, of his generation. So it may not be not inconsistent.

I wish there was more context provided for the boss battles, though. The cutscenes of people being pushed briefly and then a fight based on gameplay mechanics couldn't be more ambiguous.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It is - I'm just saying there's a distinction between what is said and what is done. Revan's performance seems to almost something beyond that of any of Vitiate's. That being said, if Vitiate really is so far ahead of SoR Revan, he probably deserves second place with regards to power, but I doubt it. In the novel, Revan came close to assassinating him (according to The Old Republic Encyclopedia), and this was on a potent DS nexus as well.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan.

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan wins IMO. Glad to see more feats and respect for him with the new game. The guy did pretty much nearly took out the Emperor before being back stabbed. He should be consider a power house.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even split?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Far ahead, far beyond, far above ect

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Vader. SoR Revan isn't that much more powerful for me to say he beats him.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: This same Revan made his appearance in the "Legacy of Rakata" FP several months ago as part of the 3rd act of the "Forged Alliances" storyline. It's the same Revan. It's not a separate character, it's the same character, only we now have the full story. The "Shadow of Revan" expansion completes with the 4th and final act of the "Forged Alliances" storyline. It's still the very same Revan as several months ago, only now we have context.

@shootingnova: That was Revan aided by Meeta Surik and Scourge and T3-M4 and the fight started with Revan sucker-punching Vitiate. We were also given the impression that Vitiate wasn't using his full strength, and that at best, Scourge only gave them a 50/50 chance of defeating Vitiate as a group.

Of course these events are 300yrs later and Vitiate has created his Children. There's also the point that the war between the Republic and Sith Empire was actively feeding the Emperor and making him stronger. How the Hero of Tython was able to best him has to do with numerous events occurring at that time that greatly diminished Vitiate's strength and left him without the majority of his power.

His new Voice trapped on Voss for years in constant struggle with Sel-Makor, the loss of many of his Imperial Guard that were empowered by him, as well as the deaths of many of his Children, plus the death of his Voice at the hands of the Wrath, plus other events all contributed to Vitiate's diminished state prior to the Hero of Tython beating him.

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump. I'd say SoR Revan could win a majority over Vader.

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im willing to bet SoR Revan could win 6-7/10 but it would be hard fought

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then i'd say Vader wins 6-7/10

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going for Revan, he's just above Vader's grade currently.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon SW characters are now weaker than EU characters since they're officially not in the same universe anymore. No need to try and fit them together. Revan wins.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon SW characters are now weaker than EU characters since they're officially not in the same universe anymore. No need to try and fit them together. Revan wins.

?

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mije_101 said:
@misterguyman said:

?

No Caption Provided

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan in a good fight.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MisterGuyMan

@mije_101 said:
@misterguyman said:

?

@soup95 said:
@mije_101 said:
@misterguyman said:

?

No Caption Provided

Canon Vader and EU characters don't exist in the same universe anymore. Based on feats many EU characters were a lot stronger than say canon Annakin or Emperor. But we always had to defer to statements by Lucas which said no one was stronger than the Emperor or Luke.

Now though, Marvel just said EU doesn't exist for the movies so the non canon EU characters can now freely destroy their canon counterparts based on feats without contradicting canon anymore. That was the one thing keeping the canon powerhouse characters above the EU powerhouses and it's gone.