• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Place: Around the Universe

#2 Edited by Nefarious (19658 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is EU Vader, he stomps Gandalf.

Movie Vader dies.
#3 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf wins. Book Gandalf would stomp, I don't know about Movie gandalf, because they made him look weak and pathetic as Gandalf the White in the movies. But in the books, he's stronger then Vader in everyway.

Here's an example of what Gandalf could do to Vader. Gandalf could slam his staff down, and send a destructive blast. That alone would kill Vader. Or, Gandalf could send a blinding light towards Vader before he can choke him. Not only would that blind Vader, it would leave an opprotunity for Gandalf to shoot a ball of fire at Vader's chest, and have it explode. Thus, destroying his suit, and killing him. Gandalf could also call down Lightning upon Vader with his staff or sword.

So, Gandalf would probably use Blinding light first, then, call down lightning with his Glamdrig or his sword.

There it is, Gandalf is superior over Vader. Gandalf vs the SWTOR Emperor would be more interesting, due to the Emperor being able to sway his hand and suck the life out of someone.

Ta'ta.

#4 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Movie Vader dies.

Agreed or if Vader had Kaiburr Crystal which allowed him to use various force powers even sith lightning despite him having a part robot body or if he had any artifact, amulet etc, the would boost his power up by A LOT.

#5 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@Nefarious said:

Movie Vader dies.

Agreed or if Vader had Kaiburr Crystal which allowed him to use various force powers even sith lightning despite him having a part robot body or if he had any artifact, amulet etc, the would boost his power up by A LOT.

Did you read my last post? Still wouldn't be enough to KILL Gandalf. Gandalf can obsorb Lightning with his staff, and even reflect/redirect it with his Sword. Only way I see Vader winning is if he has Life Drain, or something of the sort.

#6 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW: Then again, if Gandalf can land a blinding light or a destructive blast, Life Drain wouldn't mean anything.

#7 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Movie Vader dies.

This.

#8 Edited by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: Dude you have no idea how powerful force artifacts can make the person using them. They have access to some of the most powerful force powers even if it beyond their limit.

Here imagine having acces to all of these even if you are not all powerful and the even more powerful force users become even more enhanced and become something god like.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_power

With the combination of Sith Alchemy, Sith Sorcery and Magic it can be overwhelming.

#9 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@MasterJohn: Dude you have no idea how powerful force artifacts can make the person using them. They have access to some of the most powerful force powers even if it beyond their limit.

Here imagine having acces to all of these even if you are not all powerful and the even more powerful force users become even more enhanced and become something god like.

With the combination of Sith Alchemy, Sith Sorcery and Magic it can be overwhelming.

If Vader had these artifacts, the odds would be even. The OP doesn't say anything about him having these artifacts. This is probably regular vader.

Also, the most powerful force user who's even close to "godlike" in SW would be the SWTOR emperor, Emperor Palpatine comes in second.

#10 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: Fair Enough but this statement is still true

@Nefarious said:

Movie Vader dies.
#11 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Vader dies.

EU Vader destroys Gandalf, unless there's the potential "Maia" Gandalf, which is hypotethical anyways.

@MasterJohn said:

Gandalf wins. Book Gandalf would stomp, I don't know about Movie gandalf, because they made him look weak and pathetic as Gandalf the White in the movies. But in the books, he's stronger then Vader in everyway.

Here's an example of what Gandalf could do to Vader. Gandalf could slam his staff down, and send a destructive blast. That alone would kill Vader. Or, Gandalf could send a blinding light towards Vader before he can choke him. Not only would that blind Vader, it would leave an opprotunity for Gandalf to shoot a ball of fire at Vader's chest, and have it explode. Thus, destroying his suit, and killing him. Gandalf could also call down Lightning upon Vader with his staff or sword.

So, Gandalf would probably use Blinding light first, then, call down lightning with his Glamdrig or his sword.

There it is, Gandalf is superior over Vader. Gandalf vs the SWTOR Emperor would be more interesting, due to the Emperor being able to sway his hand and suck the life out of someone.

Ta'ta.

Right, so here, prove that Gandalf can react to Vader in the first place. Vader has seen movement at sub-light speeds (far faster than Gandalf can move) in slow-motion. Vader can dodge lightning bolts. Vader can slice his staff instantly, and disarm him by hurling Glamdring out of his hand. Glamdring is Gandalf's sword.

The Sith Emperor gets destroyed by Vader in a lightsaber contest, and overall, if Vader gets in close, he pummels Vitiate. Not to mention Vitiate can't do that anyways. If you're speaking of Nathema, he required the aid of two hundred other Sith Lords which he manipulated into believing that they were unlocking a massive Dark Side power, and then he required a ritual that took days/weeks before he could use it. Absolutely not impressive at all. Vitiate was having trouble against Revan, and Vader is far, far more powerful than Revan.

#12 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

Vader has seen movement at sub-light speeds (far faster than Gandalf can move) in slow-motion. Vader can dodge lightning bolts.

No, Vader has not done these. Anakin has. And Anakin's feats are not interchangeable with Vader's.
#13 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: For the dodging, that could be acceptable. But the reaction speeds should still be there.

Even if not, Vader moves faster than Ferus (who has enhanced reaction speeds when compared to humans, and Gandalf hasn't really shown reaction speeds above humans) can react:

"He is a former associate, yes, but --"

It happened before he could get out another word. Faster than an eyeblink. Faster than he'd seen anyone move, anyone except Yoda.

The lightsaber hadn't been there, and then it was, and the lightsaber was a blur. Vader moved without seeming to move, and the lightsaber sliced into Roan, straight into his chest. Straight into his heart.

-- Taken from Star Wars: Last of the Jedi: Secret Weapon (book no. 7, pg. 126)

So that's still enough to defeat Gandalf.

#14 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

@Silver2467: For the dodging, that could be acceptable. But the reaction speeds should still be there.

Whether Vader possesses equal reaction time to Anakin is beside my point (and for the record, Vader has absolutely no speed feats that match Anakin's high-end ones; Vader is slightly slower across the board based on showings). My point was that Anakin's feats are not translatable to Vader. They operate differently and draw on the Force differently. They have displayed disparate skill sets and capabilities. So using a feat from Anakin to justify Vader's reaction time is baseless. 

The rest of your post has nothing to do with anything I said.
#15 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: Okay.

The rest of my post was meant to be for the topic itself.

@MasterJohn said:

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@Nefarious said:

Movie Vader dies.

Did you read my last post? Still wouldn't be enough to KILL Gandalf. Gandalf can obsorb Lightning with his staff, and even reflect/redirect it with his Sword. Only way I see Vader winning is if he has Life Drain, or something of the sort.

Force Lightning isn't actual Lightning. It's more Force energy, even though in appearance it looks like Lightning, but it operates differently.

#16 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Movie Vader dies.

EU Vader destroys Gandalf, unless there's the potential "Maia" Gandalf, which is hypotethical anyways.

@MasterJohn said:

Ta'ta.

Right, so here, prove that Gandalf can react to Vader in the first place. Vader has seen movement at sub-light speeds (far faster than Gandalf can move) in slow-motion. Vader can dodge lightning bolts. Vader can slice his staff instantly, and disarm him by hurling Glamdring out of his hand. Glamdring is Gandalf's sword.

The Sith Emperor gets destroyed by Vader in a lightsaber contest, and overall, if Vader gets in close, he pummels Vitiate. Not to mention Vitiate can't do that anyways. If you're speaking of Nathema, he required the aid of two hundred other Sith Lords which he manipulated into believing that they were unlocking a massive Dark Side power, and then he required a ritual that took days/weeks before he could use it. Absolutely not impressive at all. Vitiate was having trouble against Revan, and Vader is far, far more powerful than Revan.

OK, first of all, your putting it as Vader is Yoda. Even in the Comics, he is not as fast as Palpatine or Yoda. His body is a machine.... Gandalf, however, is not some old man. He's a Istari. So please, prove Vader can super speed like Yoda or Palpatine. Second of all, the lightning bolts come from the sky and 2 can strike at 1 time. How can he simply dodge them? And what IF he got hit by one? Would his "Force powers" save him? No, his machanical body would override, explode, and he's DEAD. As for breaking his staff, all Gandalf had to say is "Saruman, your staff is broken". Couldn't he say "Dark lord, your weapon is broken" ? If you didn't notice, he spoke a spell upon Saruman's staff. This occurs in the movies and in the books, I have no idea what kind of Gandalf we are talking about here. As we have no idea what kind of Vader we are talking about. So, again, we have no idea who the character versions are. As for the Glamdring, can Vader move as fast as a lightning bolt, or a ball of light? And if Vader engages into combat with Gandalf, Gandalf will just use his glamdring. Might I also mention, I doubt a Saber can slice a magical staff like Gandalf's. Who's to say the Saber can destroy it?

The rest of your comment is simply unimportant to me.

#17 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who has read a lot of Tolkien's work knows that, as cool as he is, Vader has no chance here.

#18 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@ShootingNova said:

Movie Vader dies.

@MasterJohn said:

Ta'ta.

OK, first of all, your putting it as Vader is Yoda. Even in the Comics, he is not as fast as Palpatine or Yoda. His body is a machine.... Gandalf, however, is not some old man. He's a Istari. So please, prove Vader can super speed like Yoda or Palpatine. Second of all, the lightning bolts come from the sky and 2 can strike at 1 time. How can he simply dodge them? And what IF he got hit by one? Would his "Force powers" save him? No, his machanical body would override, explode, and he's DEAD. As for breaking his staff, all Gandalf had to say is "Saruman, your staff is broken". Couldn't he say "Dark lord, your weapon is broken" ? If you didn't notice, he spoke a spell upon Saruman's staff. This occurs in the movies and in the books, I have no idea what kind of Gandalf we are talking about here. As we have no idea what kind of Vader we are talking about. So, again, we have no idea who the character versions are. As for the Glamdring, can Vader move as fast as a lightning bolt, or a ball of light? And if Vader engages into combat with Gandalf, Gandalf will just use his glamdring. Might I also mention, I doubt a Saber can slice a magical staff like Gandalf's. Who's to say the Saber can destroy it?

Of course Vader isn't as fast as Yoda/Palpatine. But that doesn't mean he isn't fast enough to kill Gandalf. Yoda and Palpatine are INCREDIBLY quick. Vader isn't as fast as them, but he's still super fast. Force Speed.

I don't understand your point about two lightning bolts at once... Vader can likely move fast enough to kill Gandalf before Gandalf can speak.

IF Vader stupidly didn't manage to speedblitz Gandalf, then the lightning could kill. Potentially; but not necessarily. Sidious' force lightning didn't blow up Vader's body, so i doubt that Gandalf's lightning would blow up Vader's body either.

It would take Gandalf more than a couple seconds to say "Dark lord, your weapon is broken". More than enough time for Vader to kill Gandalf, or force choke him to stop Gandalf from talking.

Likely, it is EU Vader and Book Gandalf. I assume that is the strongest form of Gandalf. EU is certeinly the strongest version of Vader; therefore we will take those two forms.

I do not know if Vader can move as fast as a lightning bolt or a ball of light, i'll leave that up to . Why would the fact that its a magical staff stop a lightsaber from slicing it. reasoning please.

#19 Edited by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@XMen1963 said:

Anyone who has read a lot of Tolkien's work knows that, as cool as he is, Vader has no chance here.

Anybody who has read the EU knows that Vader stomps.

@MasterJohn said:

What? I never said anything about Vader being as fast as Palpatine or Yoda. He still does, however, possess the speed I listed. I never said Vader has speed equivalent to Yoda or Palpatine, because he doesn't. Making up things like me putting Vader as that fast is only a show of ignorance.

Secondly, none of this is relevant because you haven't shown me how Gandalf can react to Vader. In fact, you haven't shown me how Gandalf is even more enhanced than a human in terms of reaction. He could be, but you haven't shown it. Even if he was, he still wouldn't be able to react to Vader, because Ferus could not:

"He is a former associate, yes, but --"

It happened before he could get out another word. Faster than an eyeblink. Faster than he'd seen anyone move, anyone except Yoda.

The lightsaber hadn't been there, and then it was, and the lightsaber was a blur. Vader moved without seeming to move, and the lightsaber sliced into Roan, straight into his chest. Straight into his heart.

-- Taken from Star Wars: Last of the Jedi: Secret Weapon

And Ferus has superior reaction feats than Gandalf. So nothing you have mentioned bears any relevance here until Gandalf can even cast them. Gandalf cannot even speak a spell before being slain. Prove to me he can.

The rest of my comment was a correction to your last comment.

@JamesKM716 said:

I do not know if Vader can move as fast as a lightning bolt or a ball of light, i'll leave that up to . Why would the fact that its a magical staff stop a lightsaber from slicing it. reasoning please.

None of this is necessary in the first place because Gandalf cannot even react to Vader's attack. If so, then he cannot cast anything in the first place.

#20 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is a hard one. I would say if its both expanded Universe Vader vs Books Gandalf i would give the slight edge to Gandalf because Vader is still weak against lightning.

#21 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

Wow this is a hard one. I would say if its both expanded Universe Vader vs Books Gandalf i would give the slight edge to Gandalf because Vader is still weak against lightning.

No he isn't. In fact, Vader has shown to be incredibly resistant to Force Lightning (which is Force energy, overall). It was simply Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Lord in Galactic History. None of this is even relevant until somebody proves Gandalf can even react in the first place.

#22 Edited by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf can quite literally do anything he wants. He could set Vader in fire. He could destroy his lightsaber like he did to Saruman's staff. He could create a giant hole in the ground right underneath Vader....etc. Pick an ending.

#23 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@SavageDragon said:

No he isn't. In fact, Vader has shown to be incredibly resistant to Force Lightning (which is Force energy, overall). It was simply Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Lord in Galactic History. None of this is even relevant until somebody proves Gandalf can even react in the first place.

LOTR, The Two Towers. Gandalf deflects an arrow fired by Legolas from very close range. I'm 100% sure arrows move faster than Darth Vader.

#24 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader can move faster than a guy who was trained as a Jedi could see. Ferus Olin, rivaled Anakin when they were both apprentices. Vader moved faster than Ferus, a former Jedi padawan who is Force sensitive, could see. Is that faster than a arrow from Legolas?

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@XMen1963: What? Ferus Olin could avoid blaster bolts, and sometimes close-ranger ones too. Precognition and clairvoyance, plus with that kind of enhanced reaction, and he still couldn't react to Vader.

#26 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: From My understanding Darth Krayt had pretty crazy lightning powers as well. But back to the battle, Vader has machines keeping him alive and machines are more affected by electricity that was my meaning.

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon: Krayt's powers are irrelevant.

And no. Vader can easily use a Force Shield or Force Barrier.

#28 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

@XMen1963 said:

LOTR, The Two Towers. Gandalf deflects an arrow fired by Legolas from very close range. I'm 100% sure arrows move faster than Darth Vader.

#29 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're using EU Vader in the peak of his career, why not use "EU" Gandalf as a Maia?

#30 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to specify if this is movie characters or books/expanded universe character

#31 Edited by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

If we're using EU Vader in the peak of his career, why not use "EU" Gandalf as a Maia?

I wasn't using EU Vader at his peak. I was using him before even TFU. So that's definitely not peak. And Gandalf still can't react to him.

@SavageDragon said:

You need to specify if this is movie characters or books/expanded universe character

If he doesn't, we use both. Round 1 is the movies, round 2 is the otherwise.

I don't know who wins, movie-wise. Depends, I guess. I tend to like Gandalf more, so that might sway me.

Round 2, Vader stomps unless there's a sufficient distance. Without the information, we assume it's some kind of random meeting.

#32 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Ok. I wasn't really replying to your uber awesome SW and Tolkienian analogies but ok. It was directed more to people saying "EU Vader" and all those stuff. Hehe!

I won't be having any solid input in here until I know the versions used. That's how lazy I am. Hehe!

#33 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: What? None of it is awesome. It's just fail.

I see you have found a new laugh. Tee-hee!

#34 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Sigh... For us casual fans, those are already awesome. :p... And no, I've found no new laugh... I'm just lazy typing long "nyahahaha" and "nyehehehe" laughs... ;D

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Umm.. no. It's fail.

Tee-hee!

#36 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@ssejllenrad: Umm.. no. It's fail.

Tee-hee!

Much to learn, about fail posts, you must. :p

#37 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: I make fail posts all the time! I don't know how much more there is to learn about something I do all the time!

#38 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: You are a noob at fail posts! Watch and learn...

Darth Vader would win cause he's the Chosen One! And he became even more powerful with the robot body cause he went from normal height to being 7 feet tall! Not to mention he does not need feats! He is the frakkin Chosen One! His LotR counterpart is Sauron! And Sauron would easily beat Gandalf! Sauron's henchman the Witch King easily defeated Gandalf! I saw it. It was cannon cause it was part of the extended edition! So yeah Vader wins via default! >:p

#39 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: That's a pro post!

LOL, frakkin.

I made a fail post on Marek vs. Luke Skywalker:

said:

Honestly, Starkiller throws Star Destroyers left and right (and Luke can only move one at a time slowly with effort). He owned Palpatine and Vader, and even NJO Luke can't defeat Palpatine that easily! And his name allows him to destroy stars! Plus, TFU's badassery is so great that Marek insta-kills anybody else in the SW universe via omnipotence! And he screams like a retard, so he soloes instantly!

#40 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Wow!!!!! So why hasn't JXM killed you yet?

#41 Edited by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Cuz he never saw it. Don't tell him, though. Tee-hee! It was meant to give him an aneurism.

#42 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Nah, I'm kidding. I never made that post cuz I never posted on that topic (I don't know if there even is one). But that's proof of my fail posts!

#43 Edited by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

This isn't even remotely close to being true. The canon version of Gandalf, is in no way as powerful as Vader. The only advantage Gandalf would have in any aspect over Vader would be in wisdom, and that's not applicable to this fight.

Here's an example of what Gandalf could do to Vader. Gandalf could slam his staff down, and send a destructive blast. That alone would kill Vader.

This never happened and even if it did it wouldn't kill Vader.

Or, Gandalf could send a blinding light towards Vader before he can choke him. Not only would that blind Vader,

Would literally do nothing to Vader. He doesn't need to be able to see.

it would leave an opprotunity for Gandalf to shoot a ball of fire at Vader's chest, and have it explode. Thus, destroying his suit, and killing him.

This never happened, and even if it Gandalf could do this Vader would be able to dodge it easily.

Gandalf could also call down Lightning upon Vader with his staff or sword.

You finally mention something that Gandalf can do, it's just a shame that he is far to slow to pull it off before he is killed. Not to mention in the books all he did with this was kill some orcs while he hid away from the rest of them.

Are you for real? Glamdring is his sword. Also he never did that in the books, the lightning sword thing was a non-canon movie thing only.

As for breaking his staff, all Gandalf had to say is "Saruman, your staff is broken". Couldn't he say "Dark lord, your weapon is broken" ? If you didn't notice, he spoke a spell upon Saruman's staff. This occurs in the movies and in the books, I have no idea what kind of Gandalf we are talking about here.

You're completely taking this out of context. The movie portrayed this event poorly, and if I remember correctly, it was a deleted scene anyway. In the books it's clear that Saruman's staff broke because Gandalf was throwing him out of the Istari. This robbed him of his powers, which is why he left with Wormtongue to go harass the hobbits (unlike in the movie, Wormtongue doesn't kill him until much later).

As Vader isn't an Istari, this tactic obviously won't work.

@XMen1963 said:

This and everything else you have said about Gandalf in this thread is either an exaggeration or just blatantly untrue.

#44 Posted by ShootingNova (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy: I believe he took the names of those abilities from the Wikia, which may in turn, have taken it from game(s). Very few of what was mentioned is truly capable of being done; and none of it is sufficient or helpful even in the slightest because Gandalf cannot even react to Vader.

#45 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Baldy: I believe he took the names of those abilities from the Wikia, which may in turn, have taken it from game(s).

I suspect this to be the case.

Very few of what was mentioned is truly capable of being done; and none of it is sufficient or helpful even in the slightest because Gandalf cannot even react to Vader.

Agreed. Even if Vader's reaction speed isn't as good as Anakin's, and it may well be, he's still far too fast for Gandalf.

#46 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

This isn't even remotely close to being true. The canon version of Gandalf, is in no way as powerful as Vader. The only advantage Gandalf would have in any aspect over Vader would be in wisdom, and that's not applicable to this fight.

Really? Have you read any of the books, just 1? I have most Star Wars comics, because I am a star wars geek. However, saying Vader could just use "Force choke" on him, this wouldn't be a battle. Again, you are just putting together possible scenarios that I disagree with. Heard of the Conclave on Kessel? They nearly tore Vader apart, if Bow had not shown up, Vader would have died there. Go read about it, the Comic would be Star Wars: Purge.

Oi. You are a piece of work. So you are saying Destructive blast never happened? And Gandalf never used it? I am not even going to waste my time on this one.

You finally mention something that Gandalf can do, it's just a shame that he is far to slow to pull it off before he is killed. Not to mention in the books all he did with this was kill some orcs while he hid away from the rest of them

Sir, I've been mentioning stuff Gandalf could do through that whole comment! I am at the point with you, prove your points please.

Are you for real? Glamdring is his sword. Also he never did that in the books, the lightning sword thing was a non-canon movie thing only.

.....Did I say it was someone else's sword? No. As I said above, prove your points that it's non-canon.

As I said earlier, if you've read the hobbit, you'd see that he shot Fire at orcs or Spiders. So please, stop saying things didn't happen when they DID.

You're completely taking this out of context

Opinion.

The movie portrayed this event poorly

Again, ANOTHER OPINION. You like to mix it up, don't you?

and if I remember correctly, it was a deleted scene anyway

Does that matter? Originally designed for the movie, they couldn't fit it in.

In the books it's clear that Saruman's staff broke because Gandalf was throwing him out of the Istari. This robbed him of his powers, which is why he left with Wormtongue to go harass the hobbits (unlike in the movie, Wormtongue doesn't kill him until much later).

Alright, you got me on that one.

I believe he took the names of those abilities from the Wikia, which may in turn, have taken it from game(s). Very few of what was mentioned is truly capable of being done; and none of it is sufficient or helpful even in the slightest because Gandalf cannot even react to Vader.

Your beliefs on me doing that are inaccurate.

suspect this to be the case.

Inaccurate.

Anyway, I am done with this thread. Bye.

#47 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: When you make claims, the burden of proof lies on you, not those that dispute the claims. I'm not surprised that you're done with this thread, your position is indefensible.

#48 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@KraytRawk said:

On another note, that was Gandalf the Grey, not the white. And vader used FORCE LIGHTNING... That is non-canon.

#50 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Movie Vader dies.

@MasterJohn said:

Ta'ta.

Bullshit, pure and simple, Vader wouldn't last a minute against Vitiate.